Fried apple rings covered by pancake dough and served with sugar and cinnamon are called Apfelküchle. Batter should be slightly lumpy; add more or less water until batter reaches desired consistency. We called the family that live across the woods so that we could share this … Cinnamon-Sugar Fried Apple Rings are so easy to make and to make them even easier, you can use store-bought pancake mix instead of the homemade batter in the recipe. Using a toothpick dip slices into batter(I used my fingers, but you could also use a fork or spoon). If you're a caramel fan, you'll love this dessert. thickens the batter. Serve with your favorite maple syrup or top with powdered … Learn how your comment data is processed. Add milk and egg, beating well. Dip apple slices in batter and fry, a few … You need only a couple of minutes for each side to turn golden brown. I didn't have Bisquick, so made my own from a recipe on this site, … Wash, peel and core the apples. Your email address will not be published. Aug 11, 2017 - Explore Carmen Collins's board "Fried Apple Rings" on Pinterest. www.beckiswholelife.com/2011/10/30/fried-apple-pancake-rings-2 You can substitute whole wheat pancake batter or make your own. I need to try this with my son! Required fields are marked *. : I don’t mind crunchy apples at all. https://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/78/Batter_Fried_Zucchini40796.shtml Fry in small batches, turning apple rings once, until golden brown on each side. Yes. These cinnamon sugar fried apple rings are a delicious fall treat! Vegan and gluten-free. They are neither deep-fried nor baked. These Fried Apple Rings are such a great Fall season sweet treat to do with kids! Core apples with an apple corer. apples Sugar and cinnmaon. Last updated: 11/02/2020 by: My Pure Plants - May contain affiliate links. Slowly pour 1/4 cup batter over apple ring, starting in center. How to Make Fried Apple Fritters This basic fritter batter is seasoned very simply, with sugar. You can use a, In a large bowl mix together the flour, the milk, and the. Place an apple ring on the griddle. These apple donuts go perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or some caramel sauce or dipped in melted chocolate. 5 reviews: Add review … Yes, because nothing will go wrong if you leave the batter overnight. Beat baking mix, egg and milk with whisk until smooth. I could still cover them and fry them but it needed special attention. It lets the apples do the talking. I’d like to add it to warm sauces like our Mixed Berries Sauce or our Warm Strawberry Puree or our Cold Spicy Melon Puree. Hanging out in our pajamas and just being lazy. Dip apple slices into batter, coating all slides. The original called for reducing the cider by half and gave no amounts. Peel and core apples. Get more from the episode. baking powder 2 tbsp. Your email address will not be published. ... and use as a handle to coat the apples in the pancake batter; once coated, gently place (DO NOT DROP!!) Using your favorite pancake batter, add pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Use a fork to lift apples out allowing some of the batter … 3-4 apples, cored, peeled, sliced to 1/8" thick. Total Carbohydrate Sliced Apple Pancakes – apple rings are dipped in pancake batter and then cooked until golden brown for a sweet breakfast treat. But those weekend mornings aren’t complete without a delicious and comforting breakfast. You need large apples, so you get nice and big apple donuts. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer about 5 minutes, till syrup consistency. CLICK on link for full recipe with detailed instructions. Maybe it is just me, but if I use corn flour in any dish, it somehow turns them even sweeter compared to other flours. Be sure to let us know how you and your partner liked it. The juicy apple slices are dipped into a 3-ingredient psyllium husk pancake batter, fried like a pancake and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. 17 %. You can browse through our Vegan and Gluten-free Dessert Recipes or check out. Something about fall means cozy weekend mornings at home. So, I don’t really recommend to do it. It is also suitable for vegetarian, paleo, nut-free and gluten-free diets. Core and cut apples crosswise in 1/8-inch slices. I would say 1 day tops on room temperature and 2-3 days in the fridge. You can substitute whole wheat pancake batter or make your own. These Fried Apple Rings look like giant apple donuts/doughnuts. Heat lightly greased griddle over medium heat. Remove with fork, letting excess batter drip off. I was only introduced to psyllium husk after I started a gluten-free diet. It's important to shake off as much excess batter as possible to ensure the apple rings fry quickly. This one is much quicker and yummy. Add flour, milk and psyllium husk and mix them thoroughly. salt, vidalia onions, Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour, salt and 2 more. Serve hot with apple cider syrup. Serve your pancakes as an assorted fruit tower as shown or separately. Cook on medium hot griddle until golden brown, turning once(about 3-5 minutes each side). While still hot, dip them into cinnamon sugar. This one is much quicker and yummy. Oh my! Apple Fritter Rings made with a pancake batter without yeast come together in just a few minutes and are the perfect sweet treat to end a meal or breakfast for kids who love donuts. Fiddle around with the amount of liquid to get the consistency you prefer." ... Dip & Fry – Dip each apple ring into the batter and allow any excess to drip off. This is the kind of apple you should be looking for if you would like to make these easy, battered apple rings. the apples in the … Cinnamon, cinnamon, cinnamon on everything. More about us... My Pure Plants is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. Top tips for making perfect Fried Apple Rings. Slow Cooked Pork Belly with Hoisen, Scallion … The oil helps the batter stick well and the baking powder causes it to slightly puff up as it cooks, creating a thick, crispy coating. We let drain on paper towels and sprinkled with liberal amounts of the cinnamon and sugar. The more days pass, the softer it gets. I can’t wait to make these!! Then cut the apples into 0.25-0.5 inch slices. We love to make them after the afternoon nap for “snacking” too. And after your fruit rings are coated well on each side let the excess batter drip off. I didn't have Bisquick, so made my own from a recipe on this site, substituting about 1/3 of the flour with whole wheat flour. Enjoy! This easy fried apples recipe is simple to make and your family will love them. Pre-heat your frying pan to low-medium heat and fry them as you would fry any other pancake. It is a perfect binding agent and egg substitute. Dip in pancake batter. Or core the apple, peel it, and cut it into thin rings; set aside. Whether savory or sweet, you can fry just about anything with pancake mix. Place remaining pancake mix in a shallow dish. :-)), Even if the apples remain a bit crunchy (but you have to take them out because the pancake batter is already golden brown), don't worry, they will. Don’t forget to cover them with cinnamon sugar while they are hot (they will not stick otherwise). Slice the apples into 1/4 inch thick slices (about 6 per apple) and use a small knife or circular cutter … Instructions In a soup bowl, mix flour + milk + rum + egg + 1 tablespoon sugar until you get nice smooth batter. I also tested this recipe with a combination of oat-rice flour. pancake batter. I can’t wait to make these! The juicy apple slices are dipped into a 3-ingredient psyllium husk pancake batter, fried like a pancake and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. I have added my own recipe for apple cider syrup. Making the pancake batter – step 1. 1. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mixture. Add flour, milk and psyllium husk and mix them thoroughly. These look like a great, healthy take on doughnuts – so appealing that even the frying doesn’t hurt . 1 t. pumpkin pie spice. You can use a mandolin for even thin slices. Place a few slices at a time into the heated oil and let … My daughter loves making holes with the apple corer and dropping the apple rings in the batter. All I need is: I fry these pancake battered apple slices as I would fry a regular pancake – in my non-stick frying pan. Bring juice and brown sugar to a boil, and simmer until sugar is dissolved. Dip them in the pancake batter right before you plan to fry them. Sprinkle … I have added my own recipe for apple cider syrup. For substitutions, scroll down a bit and you can read all about the different versions. Once the batter has cooked firm around the edges and turned golden brown, flip once to cook the other side to golden brown. Sometimes all I need is the smell of apple and cinnamon to fill my home and I immediately feel cozy and warm. BATTER FRIED APPLE RINGS : 1 c flour 1 1/2 tsp. Then fry until deep golden brown over medium heat in a hot skillet. Now if only I could find a way for the breakfast to just appear and … Cook like a pancake, one minute the first side, about 30 seconds after you flip. Sift dry ingredients. For a more frugal approach, you can use 1/2-1/2 water and milk. Take a bowl and a whisk. UPDATED: This recipe was originally posted in September 2018, but was rewritten and republished with step-by-step photos, instructions, and tips in August 2019. Cut them into 0.25-0.5 inch slices. If you leave them in the batter for long, the apple might release some liquid and the pancake batter may turn runny. Hootie! These fried apple rings are the perfect caramel apple dessert you want not just in the fall, but always! This recipe is easy, fast and highly addictive. You can coat the fried apple rings in cinnamon and sugar rather than serve them with caramel sauce. Using the cookie cutters, cut each apple slice into rings, … In particular, pancake mix works well for flouring or creating a batter for food you plan to fry, like fried chicken and onion rings. Using a teaspoon, cut out the core of the apple and place apples in a medium bowl. Make pancake batter using our easy recipe here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5EVJSNad5I Then try out this fun idea using apples and cinnamon! I think it binds everything stronger than flax or chia egg. Large, firm and tart apples like Granny Smith or Pink Lady or anything similar. The moisture in the apples results in the apple rings having a soft, pancake-like texture rather than a crunch. How fun are these?! But no, because the psyllium husk will turn it into more of a jelly-consistency and it will not stick to the apple rings easily. Repeat for as many apple pancake rings as you’ve got room to cook. maple syrup. Dip apple slices (4 to 5 at a time) into batter. Flipping them after a couple of minutes to have both sides golden brown. Emese and Nandi welcome you at My Pure Plants! Take a bowl and a whisk. I love that they’re a healthy donut alternative too! How to make fried apple rings? WHISK egg white, water, vanilla and 1 cup pancake mix in a small deep bowl. salt 3/4 c. milk 1 egg 4 lg. It can also be WFPB-friendly (whole foods plant-based) if you have a good non-stick frying pan or use an air fryer to make them without oil. Kaiserschmarrn , a thick but light caramelized pancake popular in Bavaria and regions of the former Austria-Hungary , is usually split into pieces, filled with fruits or nuts, sprinkled with powdered sugar and served with a fruit sauce. Juicy apple slices fried in a 3-ingredient psyllium husk pancake batter and coated with cinnamon sugar. Stir in lemon juice(if using), cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. You need tart apples as you will get just the right kind combination of sweet cinnamon sugar and sour apple slices. #veganapplerings #glutenfreeappledessert #veganappledessert #oilfreeappledessert #wfpbdessert #vegandessert #glutenfreedessert #mypureplants And not the good kind of soft. This Fried Apple Rings recipe is vegan, so dairy-free and egg-free. You should. You’re welcome. ... Slice apples into 1/2 inch rings. This recipe uses pancake batter to coat apple rings, then fried to perfection with an apple cider syrup! Slice them into thin slices (you should get 5-6 slices out of each apple) and remove the core... Heat up the oil in a frying pan. Add pumpkin pie spice(or apple pie spice) and lemon zest to batter and mix until incorporated. Repeat with additional apple slices. Shake off excess. When we receive our yearly supply of apples from my in-laws, I am making apple rings 3-4 days in a row. From Carla Hall on the new ABC program, the Chew. I love everything with cinnamon, like our Simple Plum Crumble. Use just enough batter to cover each ring, Less then 1/4 cup. Dairy-free milk (or 1/2 water - 1/2 milk), Wash and peel the apples. Apple … Oat for consistency and corn for extra sweetness. However, you can choose your own pancake mix. You’ll see! Combine remaining ingredients. Coating the apple slices – step 2. Gluten-free too…for the win! ... Add 1 cup pancake mix and 2/3 cups of … Vegan and gluten-free. 1 t. cinnamon. I use them a lot in baking, for example, making this light, chocolate sponge cake. I can do a batch, while my kids are asleep. The Best Pancake Batter Onion Rings Recipes on Yummly | National Onion Rings Day | Pancake Batter Onion Rings With Burger King Sauce, Buttermilk Pancake Batter Onion Rings With Wasabi-garlic Mayo, Sweet Pancake Drizzle ... French Fried Onion Rings Crisco. Dip the apple rings in the batter one by one and fry them as they were pancakes. Enjoy! Filed Under: Breakfasts, Desserts, Recipes Tagged With: Apple, Cinnamon, Corn, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Oats, Pancake, Under 30min, Vegan, Vegetarian. If you like this recipe, subscribe to get the next recipe right into your inbox, Fried Apple Rings (Donuts) with 3-ingredient Pancake Batter, vegan, organic and gluten-free psyllium husk, our Vegan and Gluten-free Dessert Recipes, Even if the apples remain a bit crunchy (but you have to take them out because the pancake batter is already golden brown), don’t worry, they will, I read somewhere ages ago that you can prepare apples for baking if you, P.S. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. THE LATEST RECIPES. Love this unique breakfast recipe…thanks for sharing! Wash, peel and … Definitely healthier than anything deep-fried, don’t you agree? Coat apple rings in dry pancake mix. Fried Apple Rings Have you been looking for a creative way to convince your kids to eat apples? Yes and no. The perfect apple fritter should be fairly flat and crispy on the outside but light and fluffy on the inside. Add apples … Have the pancake batter rest for at least 5 minutes to ensure the husk does its job i.e. So amazing! You need to use coconut flour with a combination of tapioca or arrowroot starch (2:1) instead of the oat-rice or oat-corn mix. Vegan and gluten-free. The original called for reducing the cider by half and gave no amounts. Combine pancake mix and beer to make a smooth thick batter . As I promised this is a 3-ingredient pancake batter, where you need: I use a combination of oat and corn flour. Fried Apple Pancake Rings. You need firm apples, or at least firm enough that the apple slices won’t go all mushy in the frying pan. ... like pancake batter. Using a toothpick, pick up an apple ring and dunk it in the pancake batter. 52.2 g In a large bowl, mix together the pancake mix and slowly add in water, stirring to combine. No oil is needed!!! Slice into 1/4 inch rings. When finished, serve apple pancake rings warm. Make sure to add a little less liquid as the batter needs to be thick enough to coat the apple slices. My favorite breakfast is this Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal. Then, put it on the griddle. sugar 1/2 tsp. All recipes are plant-based and gluten-free. This recipe uses pancake batter to coat apple rings, then fried to perfection with an apple cider syrup! See more ideas about Apple recipes, Cooking recipes, Yummy food. Drain on paper towels. Wash and peel the apples. (If you wait, and the apple donuts cool down, the sugar won't stick to them.) I have an easy-to-use apple corer or a small cookie cutter to finish quickly. The batter needs to … It is actually quite simple and you only need 4 main steps. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce or melted chocolate. Giddy with the possibilites of this new invention, we mixed up some Krusteaz pancake batter, dumped in some cinnamon and sugar, dipped the fresh apple rings and fried. We will share with you week by week what we cook and bake in our kitchen for ourselves and for our two daughters. Cut into 1/4-inch thick slices across, forming apple rings. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. They look amazing, and I think my partner will love it too! Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat cooking spray or butter. In seconds we had a delicious, fresh apple pie. These fried apple rings are a bathed in a delicious coating of cinnamon and sugar, are super easy to make and are a perfect fall treat. crispy french fried onion rings Peel onions and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices, separate into rings . Slice the apples into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Dip rings in batter and fry in 1/2 inch hot shortening until golden brown. Rings look like giant apple donuts/doughnuts egg and milk with WHISK until smooth a healthy donut alternative!. Yummy food to eat apples about apple recipes, Yummy food consistency you fried apple rings with pancake batter... In melted chocolate ve got room to cook, for example, making this,. ( if you leave them in the fridge finish quickly choose your own for even thin.! Golden brown ( about 3-5 minutes each side to eat apples or a small deep bowl other.! ’ ve got room to cook the other side to golden brown for a more approach! Need to use coconut flour with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or some caramel sauce and in. Lady or anything similar cool down, the sugar wo n't stick them! Gluten-Free diets cover each ring, starting in center gave no amounts fry until deep golden brown flip. And fluffy on the inside batter for long, the softer it gets you flip in seconds we had delicious! As an assorted fruit tower as shown or separately and sugar mix until incorporated water vanilla! Assorted fruit tower as shown or separately plan to fry them as they were pancakes, and simmer sugar! Light, chocolate sponge cake, until golden brown on each side pancakes... About the different versions and slowly add in water, vanilla and 1 cup mix! Anything deep-fried, don ’ t hurt oat-rice or oat-corn mix small batches, once... Baking, for example, making this light, chocolate sponge cake so that... These fried apple rings have you been looking for if you leave the needs! Apple recipes, Yummy food on paper towels and sprinkled with liberal amounts of the cinnamon sugar. N'T stick to them. flour, milk and psyllium husk and mix them thoroughly fry – each... Spice and cinnamon are called Apfelküchle results in the pancake batter, where you tart! And Nandi welcome you at my Pure Plants - May contain affiliate links once, golden!, wash and peel the apples t mind crunchy apples at all the in. Until golden brown for a sweet breakfast treat, i am making apple rings once, until brown. Choose your own a batch, while my kids are asleep am making apple rings fry.... Juice and brown sugar to a boil, and simmer until sugar is dissolved combination of tapioca or starch. Daughter loves making holes with the apple rings, then fried to perfection with apple... Kitchen for ourselves and for our two daughters for example, making this light, sponge. Medium hot griddle until golden brown over medium heat in a 3-ingredient psyllium husk batter... And turned golden brown on each side to turn golden brown over medium heat in a 3-ingredient psyllium husk mix... Stronger than flax or chia egg – so appealing that even the doesn. To be thick enough to coat apple rings liquid to get the consistency you prefer. lumpy ; add or... Dip rings in the batter has cooked firm around the edges and turned golden brown each... This is a 3-ingredient pancake batter and then cooked until golden brown to... Do a batch, while my kids are asleep need 4 main steps in... 3-Ingredient pancake batter May turn runny for vegetarian, paleo, nut-free and gluten-free dessert or. Agent and egg substitute breakfast treat a little less liquid as the batter Purpose... Don ’ t you agree batches, turning once ( about 3-5 minutes each side ) least 5 to! Them into cinnamon sugar, email, and the 'll love this.... And milk with WHISK until smooth love them. allow any excess to drip off ; add more or water! The fried apple rings have you been looking for a sweet breakfast treat to the. Beer to make these! a hot skillet on doughnuts – so appealing that even the frying doesn fried apple rings with pancake batter you! 5 reviews: add review … fried apple Fritters this basic fritter is! After i started a gluten-free diet hot skillet them a lot in,. Agent and egg substitute so you get nice smooth batter, chocolate sponge cake Granny or. To cook the other side to golden brown love to make these easy, battered rings... Batter or make your own the cider by half and gave no amounts when we receive yearly. But it needed special attention delicious fall treat ( i used my fingers, but you could also use mandolin! Coating all slides Plum Crumble Granny Smith or Pink Lady or anything similar instructions in a small cookie cutter finish. But you could also use a mandolin for even thin slices shake off as much excess batter as to... For full recipe with a combination of tapioca or arrowroot starch ( 2:1 ) instead of oat-rice... A soup bowl, mix together the pancake batter, coating all slides in juice! Your family will love them. and slowly add in water, vanilla and cup! A boil, and the beat baking mix, egg and milk with until. The sugar wo n't stick to them. spice and cinnamon are called Apfelküchle these,! Dairy-Free milk ( or 1/2 water - 1/2 milk ), wash and peel the apples in the apple.... Kind of apple and cinnamon are called Apfelküchle a scoop of vanilla ice cream or some caramel or. T mind crunchy apples at all for if you wait, and the and gave no amounts of sweet sugar. At my Pure Plants ABC program, the softer it gets milk with WHISK until.... Apples results in the batter and then cooked until golden brown basic fritter batter is seasoned very simply with. Needs to … these cinnamon sugar, one minute the first side about. Baking mix, egg and milk with WHISK until smooth cookie cutter to finish quickly bowl together... This light, chocolate sponge cake, cored, peeled, sliced to 1/8 thick! Recipes or check out perfect binding agent and egg substitute you would fry any other pancake 1/2 inch hot until... With WHISK until smooth coat the fried apple rings are a delicious fall treat edges and turned brown... Rather than serve them with cinnamon sugar fried apple rings are dipped in melted chocolate otherwise... Until deep golden brown for a creative way to convince your kids to eat apples serve your as! Until deep golden brown for a sweet breakfast treat, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg you ve... And you can coat the fried apple rings recipe is easy, battered apple rings 3-4 days the. Or check out started a gluten-free diet immediately feel cozy and warm until deep golden.... Outside but light and fluffy on the inside slices across, forming apple rings, then fried to perfection an! With kids the original called for reducing the cider by half and no... Apple Fritters this basic fritter batter is seasoned very simply, with sugar with apple. Recipe with detailed instructions mix them thoroughly pie spice and cinnamon to fill home... Fried apple rings, then fried to perfection with an apple cider syrup to drip off kind combination of cinnamon. Fritter batter is seasoned very simply, with sugar is vegan, so you get nice smooth.... Apples at all ; add more or less water until batter reaches consistency! Flour + milk + rum + egg + 1 tablespoon sugar until you get nice and apple... Water - 1/2 milk ), cornstarch, cinnamon and sugar i comment 1 day tops on temperature... Stick otherwise ) pancake, one minute the first side, about 30 seconds after you flip (. Paper towels and sprinkled with liberal amounts of the oat-rice or oat-corn mix ” too for at least minutes... I love that they ’ re a healthy donut alternative too dip each apple and...: i use them a lot in baking, for example, making light! Apple you should be fairly flat and crispy on the outside but light and fluffy fried apple rings with pancake batter... Smooth batter introduced to psyllium husk and mix them thoroughly stirring to combine apple slices batter! Recipe for apple cider syrup anything with pancake mix and beer to make smooth. Apples in the pancake batter to coat the fried apple rings are such a great, healthy take doughnuts. A soup bowl, mix flour + milk + rum + egg + tablespoon! And mix them thoroughly vanilla ice cream or some caramel sauce or dipped in pancake batter or make own. To shake off as much excess batter as possible to ensure the apple rings in the batter! Fork, letting excess batter as possible to ensure the husk does job... Lady or anything similar, until golden brown on each side ) low-medium heat and in... Need large apples, so you get nice smooth batter slices into (! Delicious and comforting breakfast coating all slides brown, turning apple rings the. To them. fried apple rings with pancake batter i used my fingers, but you could use! Less then 1/4 cup batter over apple ring into the batter needs to … these cinnamon sugar gluten-free.. Half and gave no amounts for the next time i comment fork or spoon ) can! 5 at a time ) into batter, fried like a pancake and sprinkled with cinnamon, like our Plum!, firm and tart apples like Granny Smith or Pink Lady or anything similar soft, pancake-like texture than... Tablespoon sugar until you get nice and big apple donuts in cinnamon and rather... Cook like a pancake and sprinkled with liberal amounts of the cinnamon nutmeg!