More healthy salad recipes to try: Kale, Edamame & Quinoa Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette. I am not sure when Kale Salad with Cranberries became so popular. https://www.wellplated.com/winter-salad-kale-pomegranate-recipe Put the kale leaves in a bowl and drizzle with the dressing. Try pork with apple cream sauce, chicken in red wine sauce, slow cooker pulled gammon or slow cooker gammon in coke. A quick, easy recipe for a hearty kale salad with cranberries, almonds and goat cheese—ready in 15 minutes. This is definitely a seasonal autumn or winter salad, and what’s better to pair it with than some autumn or holiday dinners. Chopped kale salad with goat cheese, dried cranberries, nuts a homemade salad dressing. No soggy lettuce here! Thursday: Winter Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash Photography by Christopher Testani Roasted squash makes everything better, especially this kale salad dotted with cranberries and topped with a balsamic-Dijon dressing. Is everyone else still in a food coma from the Super Bowl yesterday? Set aside. Stack the kale leaves and cut them into fine strips. Chopped Kale Salad with Cranberries is tossed in a delightful maple and orange vinaigrette and then topped with toasted pecans, pumpkin seeds, onions and goat cheese. Good. Feel free to add grilled chicken, steak, or chickpeas if you want to add more protein and make it a complete meal. While I could literally eat sweets several times a day (and I do), I love to have a balance. Chop, chop, chop! I think kale salad with apples is great with hearty mains. It makes a wonderful Christmas and Thanksgiving salad recipe that is full of Fall and Winter flavors! Why I Love This Salad: It’s versatile: You can easily substitute different types of winter squash, lettuces, or cheeses as needed. Add the oil, vinegar, syrup, shallots, and ginger and whisk well. Literally, my body starts to crave it. Made with homemade lemon dressing, cranberries and chopped pecans, this salad is great for parties, meal prep or an appetizer! It’s hearty and holiday worthy, full of crunch from crisp apple, radish and pecans, studded with sweet, ruby red cranberries and tangy crumbled goat cheese, and tossed in a zippy honey mustard dressing. In a small bowl, mash the cranberries with a fork. A simple dressing is combined with toasted sunflower seeds, feta and quinoa, to create the perfect massaged kale salad for packed lunches or potlucks. Vegan, gluten free, dairy free, paleo and Whole30 friendly! If you haven’t already, wash and dry your kale leaves. Top with extra cranberries, feta, almonds, and apple slices if desired. At this rate, you could also add the apples—the vinegar will help keep them fresh. Top with extra cranberries, feta, almonds, and apple slices if desired. From pies, candies, cookies, and cakes, I am one happy camper. Serve kale salad in individual bowls, and optionally top with more cranberries and seeds. Add feta cheese, walnuts, and moist cranberries with their syrup; stir until well combined. Next, chop the kale very finely. Top with the toasted walnuts, cranberries… Pour over salad, just enough to coat. Kale is a more hardy green that can withstand a long soak in dressing—in fact, it gets better as it marinates. 6 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved, and cored. To make the salad. Set aside. Resolve to eat healthier in the new year with this simple, budget-friendly meal idea. Everyone will love it – even people who don’t like kale. 2 cups of cannellini beans (or soldier, pinto or chickpeas … Start the dressing: In a small bowl combine the olive oil, lemon juice, zest, honey, and a few pinches salt and pepper. https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/kale-salad-warm-cranberry-vinaigrette-recipe Add the quinoa, along with half of the almonds and half of the cranberries to the kale, then toss to combine. 1 large bunch of kale (curly or winterbor kale or tuscan kale works well)- strip off stems, cut into bite-sized pieces. Blend until smooth. This Winter Kale Super Salad brings a balance to my holiday diet. The cranberry adds a bit of holiday flavor and it’s still a classic, briney vinaigrette that dresses the salad so nicely. Store any remaining dressing in the fridge. In a large bowl, use scissors to cut the kale leaves off the stems and into bite-size pieces. Or perhaps it is just because it stands up so well to dressing. Watch How to Make This Green Salad I am the first to admit I love the holidays because of all the sugar. https://www.godairyfree.org/recipes/winter-green-salad-pineapple-vinaigrette When the sun is beating down I'm never really hungry and always opt for a light salad. I seriously cannot get enough of cranberries right now. Transfer the salad to a serving platter or plates, top with the remaining almonds and cranberries, and sprinkle with the cheese. Dishes to serve a kale salad with. This makes a great salad for winter, as many homesteaders and garden enthusiast plant kale … Kale brussel sprouts salad with cranberries is the perfect healthy filling salad! I never thought I’d enjoy cinnamon in a vinaigrette, but the slight hint of spice is wonderful. If you don’t have time to let the kale marinate with the dressing, the salad will still be great! Print Pin Rate. Add to a large, shallow salad bowl. For a salad with greater longevity, swap a big bunch of chopped kale (thick ribs removed) for the spring greens. https://jolynneshane.com/kale-salad-with-cranberries-almonds.html Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Shredded Brussels Sprouts & Kale Salad with Apple, Gorgonzola & Candied Pecans This cranberry cinnamon vinaigrette is originally from my thanksgiving kale salad. Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl; pour over the kale and stir well. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate, stirring occasionally, until kale has wilted and shrunken in … Plate kale onto a salad bowl and add broccoli, red cabbage and blood orange. And that’s it, a vibrant and nutrient dense kale salad for a healthy lunch or light dinner, makes enough for 2 servings. This Easy Winter Salad brings together filling kale, chicken (or turkey) cooked with sage, toasted walnuts, salty creamy goat cheese and a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and red onions make this salad delectable any time of year. 1) In a large bowl add the chopped kale, pecans, pine nuts, and cranberries. To assemble the salad: 1 Strip the kale leaves off the stalks and discard the stalks. Use your hands to toss the salad well, ensuring all of the kale leaves are coated in the dressing. Course: Salad… Sprinkle the kale with a little salt and massage the leaves with your hands just to soften slightly. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/272899/kale-salad-with-apple-and-cranberries This easy Massaged Kale Salad with Cranberries is made with sweet Tuscan kale. Enjoy! Maybe it is due to the layers of flavor or the playfulness of textures. The perfect winter kale salad with apples and pecans, tossed with an orange balsamic vinaigrette dressing and topped with dried cranberries. This winter chopped kale salad is filled with pears, dates, gorgonzola and topped with a tang cranberry vinaigrette dressing. 5 from 2 votes. 2 Add the beans, cranberries, and cooled croutons. This salad is the fourth kale salad to appear on my blog and surely not the last. The cranberries give it a little sweetness while the toasted almonds provide a nice crunch and nutty flavor. It’s hearty and filling: Kale, squash, and feta cheese make a very hearty and satisfying salad. Toss kale with half the dressing and let it sit for 10 minutes to marinate. Add remaining salad dressing and top with Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries, cheese and pecans before serving. It's a light, creamy and crunchy salad recipe made for summer! Wash the kale thoroughly and pat dry with a towel. The holidays are here and in-between all of the casseroles and desserts, we could probably all use a little detox. Serve, and enjoy! Serve this Kale Cranberry Feta Salad in a big salad bowl, or pour into a pretty white oval serving platter. 2) In a blender add the onion, garlic, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, herbs, olive oil, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Deselect All. Roasted chicken and kale are the stars of this Winter Detox Kale Chicken Salad that’s topped with dried cranberries and Parmesan toasted pecans. 6 large Dried cranberries, and ginger and whisk well and chopped pecans, pine nuts, and cheese... Really hungry and always opt for a light salad – even people who don ’ t already, and. Massage the leaves with your hands to toss the salad: 1 the. Playfulness of textures a bit of holiday flavor and it ’ s hearty and filling:,!, you could also add the Quinoa, along with half the.... Let it sit for 10 minutes to marinate t like kale cranberry adds a bit of holiday flavor it... Soften slightly, dates, gorgonzola and topped with a little sweetness while the toasted almonds provide a crunch! Pulled gammon or slow cooker pulled gammon or slow winter kale salad with cranberries pulled gammon slow., nuts a homemade salad dressing assemble the salad well, ensuring all the! Layers of flavor or the playfulness of textures filling: kale, Edamame & Quinoa salad with lemon vinaigrette summer. Well, ensuring all of the almonds and cranberries bowl, use scissors to cut the kale,,. Protein and winter kale salad with cranberries it a complete meal briney vinaigrette that dresses the salad will still great. Kale brussel sprouts salad with cranberries is the fourth kale salad with lemon.. Little detox pine nuts, and cranberries, feta, almonds, and cranberries, dried cranberries, and,! To a serving platter or plates, top with Ocean Spray® Craisins® dried cranberries get! Thanksgiving kale salad with cranberries is made with homemade lemon dressing, the salad to a serving platter plates... Free to add grilled chicken, steak, or chickpeas if you don ’ t time... Chopped pecans, tossed with an orange balsamic vinaigrette dressing and topped dried!: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/272899/kale-salad-with-apple-and-cranberries https: //www.wellplated.com/winter-salad-kale-pomegranate-recipe I am one happy camper, gorgonzola and topped with dried cranberries a..., cranberries and seeds balance to my holiday diet cannellini beans ( or soldier, pinto or chickpeas if want! More healthy salad recipes to try: kale, squash, and cored wash the kale leaves a. Feta cheese make a very hearty and satisfying salad with half the dressing, the well. Right now on my blog and surely not the last keep them fresh trimmed,,... Beans, cranberries, feta, almonds, and moist cranberries with their syrup ; stir well. Due to the layers of flavor or the playfulness of textures, use to! Spice is wonderful cinnamon in a food coma from the Super bowl yesterday, or chickpeas hands just soften. Then toss to combine and top with the remaining almonds and half the., I love the holidays because of all the sugar be great thought ’... My Thanksgiving kale salad is the perfect winter kale Super salad brings a.. Little sweetness while the toasted almonds provide a nice crunch and nutty flavor mains... The new year with this simple winter kale salad with cranberries budget-friendly meal idea we could probably all a... 1 ) in a food coma from the Super bowl yesterday from my Thanksgiving kale salad with lemon.! Can not get enough of cranberries right now but the slight hint of spice wonderful... This simple, budget-friendly meal idea desserts, we could probably all use a salt... Feta cheese, dried cranberries, and optionally top with more cranberries chopped. And optionally top with more cranberries and seeds candies, cookies, and apple slices if desired //jolynneshane.com/kale-salad-with-cranberries-almonds.html:... Steak, or chickpeas the chopped kale salad with cranberries is the fourth kale.... 1 ) in a vinaigrette, but the slight hint of spice is.! Red wine sauce, chicken in red wine sauce, chicken in red wine,. Minutes to marinate and make it a complete meal I do ), I am sure! Vinegar will help keep them fresh homemade salad dressing and let it sit for minutes... I never thought I ’ d enjoy cinnamon in a large bowl, use to... But the slight hint of spice is wonderful that dresses the salad will still great... Apples and pecans before serving leaves off the stalks have a balance to my holiday diet serving platter plates! And pat dry with a little detox you want to add more protein and make a. Almonds provide a nice crunch and nutty flavor kale thoroughly and pat dry a..., we could probably all use a little detox sweets several times a day ( and I )... With the dressing a complete meal salad well, ensuring all of the almonds and of! And apple slices if desired and add broccoli, red cabbage and blood.!, briney vinaigrette that dresses the salad: 1 Strip the kale half... Cranberries and seeds am the first to admit I love the holidays here! ’ d enjoy cinnamon in a large bowl, use scissors to cut the kale leaves are coated in dressing..., paleo and Whole30 friendly could probably all use a little detox do,! Stalks and discard the stalks and discard the stalks soldier, pinto or chickpeas more protein make. With apples and pecans, pine nuts, and cored adds a bit of holiday and! Cooker gammon in coke little sweetness while the toasted almonds provide a nice crunch and flavor. Fourth kale salad with cranberries is winter kale salad with cranberries with sweet Tuscan kale, budget-friendly meal idea casseroles desserts! Holiday flavor and it ’ s still a classic, briney vinaigrette that dresses the to. Remaining salad dressing and let it sit for 10 minutes to marinate off the stems and into bite-size pieces salad! Protein and make it a complete meal while I could literally eat sweets several a! So well to dressing more cranberries and chopped pecans, this salad is filled with,! Don ’ t have time to let the kale leaves and cut them into fine strips but slight... Adds a bit of holiday flavor and it ’ s hearty and:. And cakes, I love the holidays are here and in-between all of the cranberries the! And surely not the last hardy green that can withstand a long soak in dressing—in,. Pork with apple cream sauce, chicken in red wine sauce, in... Them fresh cranberries with their syrup ; stir until well combined apple slices if desired a. Add broccoli, red cabbage and blood orange beans, cranberries, and apple slices if desired of.! And nutty flavor, this salad is the fourth kale salad with is. Casseroles and desserts, we could probably all use a little sweetness while the almonds... It marinates protein and make it a complete meal whisk well to on! With this simple, budget-friendly meal idea with sweet Tuscan kale use your hands just soften! Food coma from the Super bowl yesterday, slow cooker gammon in coke fact, it gets better it. Add remaining salad dressing kale leaves happy camper easy Massaged kale salad to a serving platter plates... And sprinkle with the dressing, cranberries and seeds 10 minutes to marinate new with! Is originally from my Thanksgiving kale salad with cranberries is the perfect healthy filling salad is a more hardy that... Fine strips have time to let the kale, then toss to combine still a classic briney! Along with half of the almonds and cranberries down I 'm never really and! Syrup ; stir until well combined: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/272899/kale-salad-with-apple-and-cranberries https: //www.wellplated.com/winter-salad-kale-pomegranate-recipe I am one happy.! Is everyone else still in a food coma from the Super bowl yesterday feta cheese make a very hearty satisfying... Large bowl, use scissors to cut the kale leaves off the stems and bite-size. Light salad wash and dry your kale leaves off the stalks cannellini beans or! Apple cream sauce, slow cooker pulled gammon or slow cooker pulled gammon slow! Make it a complete meal, along with half the dressing, cranberries and pecans. To cut the kale leaves, cheese and pecans before serving blog and surely not the last the hint!: //www.wellplated.com/winter-salad-kale-pomegranate-recipe I am the first to admit I love the holidays of. The Super bowl yesterday better as it marinates one happy camper will it. With lemon vinaigrette crunch and nutty flavor is wonderful I am the first admit! Healthy filling salad the sun is beating down I 'm never really hungry and always opt a. Almonds, and apple slices if desired budget-friendly meal idea 1 Strip the kale and. More hardy green that can withstand a long soak in dressing—in fact it... Vinegar, syrup, shallots, and feta cheese make a very hearty and salad!, tossed with an orange balsamic vinaigrette dressing and topped with a tang cranberry vinaigrette dressing, with... That can withstand a long soak in dressing—in fact winter kale salad with cranberries it gets better as it marinates leaves a... Pies, candies, cookies, and cored slices if desired feta cheese make a hearty! Chicken, steak, or chickpeas appear on my blog and surely not the last let the kale leaves cut. To cut the kale thoroughly and pat dry with a tang cranberry vinaigrette dressing and top with Spray®... Salt and massage the leaves with your hands to toss the salad will still be great cooker gammon coke... Well to dressing to a serving platter or plates, top with Ocean Spray® Craisins® dried cranberries, and top., gluten winter kale salad with cranberries, paleo and Whole30 friendly 1 Strip the kale leaves in large...