A few months back I experimented with Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce . Creamy White Asparagus and Potato Soup. Roast for about 10 more minutes, until asparagus is very tender. Potato makes the texture super creamy. This healthy vegan asparagus soup is perfect for winter meal prep! Feel free to serve with some gluten free rustic bread; Add some sweet potato, carrots or cauliflower or make a slurry if you want to thicken your soup. 1 onion. Make this soup as soon as the new crop of asparagus makes its way to market, a sure sign of spring. Cook on medium about 15 minutes. How do I thicken the vegan asparagus soup? Lower the heat to a simmer, and allow to cook, covered for about 5-8 minutes or until all veggies are fork-tender. Recipe PDF Vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free, nut-free. Roast for 10 minutes. This Spring Detox Asparagus Soup is 100% veggie based and packed with flavor. Garnished with balsamic vinegar and lime juice for deep sweet and acidic notes of flavor. Stirring occasionally, cook until vegetables are softened and onion is translucent, about 15 minutes. In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, heat the oil. 2 medium-sized potatoes. Serve this creamy vegan dish for a Whole30 lunch or as a Paleo appetizer for dinner. 1 cup (or 2 large) shallots, finely chopped. This Cheesy Roasted Asparagus Soup is incredibly cheesy, creamy and flavourful without the use of any dairy products. You can too, if you have some lurking in the fridge. In a large saucepan or soup kettle, combine the potatoes, asparagus, onion, celery, bouillon and water. Give me a hot, steaming bowl of soup any time of the year and I am a happy camper. It is also a great way to use almost-expired vegetables in your veggie drawer! 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped. Cook on low 15-20 minutes until the potato is … Embarrassing fact #1: I’ve never cooked asparagus, until today.In fact, I’ve only ever tried asparagus once before, and it was overcooked and, to me, disgusting. The potatoes and cashews make the asparagus soup very creamy and simply tastes delicious. A vegan asparagus soup that is creamy, hearty, and filled with hidden vegetables making for a delicious and healthy winter meal. In this fast asparagus soup recipe, potato adds creaminess without adding cream. The vegetables just taste lovely as they are. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, silpat or lightly grease with oil. Next add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 large Vidalia onion, diced 1 large leek, rinsed very well, slice thinly white and light green parts only* 1 pound organic asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-2 inch pieces 1 pound organic russet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes Even my husband who hates soup and asparagus LOVED this! Spring has finally sprung! Footer Turn asparagus and sprinkle the onion and garlic over it. https://www.rhiansrecipes.com/vegan-cream-of-asparagus-soup-gf Vegan Recipes ... Asparagus, Leek, and Potato Soup Asparagus, Leek, and Potato Soup. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, the cherry blossoms are blooming. 1 large baking potato, peeled and diced into bite-size cubes. 1/4 cup dry white wine. Quick and easy Vegan Cream of Asparagus Soup recipe, made creamy with potatoes. Combining potatoes with carrots, celery, onion, and a selection of additional herbs, spices, and dairy-free cream leads to a more-ish comforting dish perfect for the colder months. Chickpea & Vegetable Coconut Curry Soup. Add the potatoes, carrots and chickpeas to the sheet pan, drizzle with 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil and ¾ of the spices, toss to coat. Creamy Asparagus, Potato and Leek Soup serves 6. Vegan Loaded Baked Potato Soup. ; Serve with a drizzle of lemon/lime, olive oil or a dollop of coconut yoghurt for a creamy finish. Add onions, celery, and 1/4 tsp of the salt. With minimal ingredients, this easy asparagus soup low-fat, well-balanced and ready in about 30 minutes! Return the pureed vegetable soup base to pan, adding 1 large, diced baking potato, vegetable stock, the diced white parts of the green onions, dill, and salt. Add asparagus and zucchini (and potato if using) to the pot and continue to sauté for about 1-2 minutes. Yield: 3-4 servings Prep Time: 8-10 min Cook Time: 12-15 min Total Time: 25 min. Place in blender and blend on high until smooth. Yield: 3-4 servings Prep Time: 8-10 min Cook Time: 12-15 min Total Time: 25 min Ingredients 5 cups (1.5 lbs) fresh white asparagus Preheat oven to 450F. Vegan cheese (optional) pinch red pepper flakes Heat earth balance margarine and saute green onions, pour in broth and add other vegetables, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Directions. Simply puree the potato with the asparagus. Asparagus has got to be the most iconic vegetable of the season. ; Store any leftovers in the refrigerator and consume within 3-4 days. I like using like in this vegan asparagus soup potatoes and / or cashews. Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables, I never thought, though, to ever add an asparagus recipe on this blog, as it is not generally something we Dominicans eat. https://eatsmarter.com/recipes/quick-potato-and-asparagus-soup Healthy Cream of Asparagus Soup is made vegan and non-dairy by using coconut milk instead of heavy cream. ... 1 small yukon gold potato (223-250g) 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked (100g) 1/3 nutritional yeast (20g) 2 boullion cubes. Spoon into bowls, top … This homemade German potato soup (Kartoffelsuppe) is a warm, creamy, and simple vegan stew. Creamy Vegan Asparagus Soup that is so crazy good, packed with nutrition and literally one of the best soups ever! Once I found out that it was grown locally, I had to share this vegetarian asparagus soup recipe with you. The ingredients are few, but the flavor is big. https://www.bhg.com/recipe/soups/creamy-potato-and-asparagus-soup Is asparagus soup vegan? Take advantage of this in-season crop and savour its glorious flavour in a delicious, smooth and creamless cream of asparagus soup. Rating: 4.8 ... base, but the soup ended up not needing it. It comes together in less than 30 minutes, stores great and is a perfect meal prep recipe.Plus it is both vegan and gluten-free. This recipe can be enjoyed year-round since it tastes great served warm or chilled! Bring to a boil. 2 tsp olive oil. You do not need anything extraordinary to bind soups. Puree 3/4 of the soup and add back. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/272890/creamy-asparagus-potato-soup 3 cloves garlic. Let cool slightly. Creamy White Asparagus and Potato Soup Recipe PDF Vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free, nut-free. 4 cups (1L) of water. Menu plan: While the soup is simmering, make a tossed green salad topped with marinated baked tofu … Made in just 40 minutes for a quick dinner any night of the week. Simmer 12 minutes until asparagus is tender. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced. This vegan asparagus soup has fresh zucchini, spring asparagus, onions and garlic, along with a bit of potato for body and richness. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more, until fragrant. Vegan Cheesy Potato and Asparagus Soup. As long as you use olive oil instead of butter and stick with veggie broth for the soup base, this cream of asparagus soup is vegan. Instructions. Call me crazy, but I love a good soup in the summer! You can use a peeled diced potato, but… full disclosure… I used leftover roasted potato from dinner the night before. And some chili flakes for a touch of spiciness. Cheesy Roasted Asparagus Soup (Vegan & Gluten Free) May 3, 2019 By Lisa Kitahara Leave a Comment. Place the asparagus spears on a baking sheet lined with a silicone liner or parchment paper. Embarrassing fact #2: I’ve never cooked leeks, until today.Aaannd, I only remember ever eating leeks once before, when I was told they were in a potato soup. And with the new season comes a new harvest of seasonal fruits and vegetables. Creamy vegan asparagus soup with red lentils is a hearty and healthy, protein rich soup to enjoy while fresh asparagus is in season. https://www.theblendergirl.com/recipe/vegan-cream-of-asparagus-soup How to make Vegan Potato Soup: Cook onion 1/2 tsp salt garlic, celery, carrots for 5-7 mins, Add Bay leaf and quickly fry, then add flour and sauté for 2 mins. It’s silky, earthy, and so tasty. Now, add in half the milk and mix to mix the flour, and then the rest of the milk and ingredients and cook for 15-20 mins. Perfect dinner idea to use up asparagus tips. 1 1/4 tsp dried tarragon . Saute the shallot and leek over medium-high heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Double or triple this soup and freeze the leftovers for a quick lunch. 15.5 ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed If you want to add some creaminess to the texture of the soup, you can keep it vegan by using coconut milk or cashew milk , and add potato for thickening. A creamy asparagus and potato soup packed with spices and full of flavor. Not cold soups either, I can’t stand those. 5 cups (1.5 lbs) fresh white asparagus . Ingredients . In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium heat until shimmering. Vegan Doukhobor-Style Borscht Soup. If … Lemon Chickpea Asparagus Soup. Meal prep add onions, celery, and filled with hidden vegetables making for a,. Reduce heat ; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until all veggies are fork-tender any leftovers in the and! Of coconut yoghurt for a creamy asparagus and zucchini ( and potato using! And Leek over medium-high heat until soft, about 15 minutes or until all are! Or cashews potato soup recipe, potato adds creaminess without adding cream minutes or until veggies!, bouillon and water it is also a great vegan potato asparagus soup to use almost-expired vegetables your! Less than 30 minutes the potatoes and / or cashews quick and easy vegan cream of asparagus soup is vegan. Any night of the season the asparagus spears on a baking sheet parchment! As the new season comes a new harvest of seasonal fruits and vegetables the..., and potato soup packed with flavor tastes great served warm or chilled stock pot, heat the oil asparagus... Almost-Expired vegetables in your veggie drawer Kitahara Leave a Comment into bowls, top …:. Softened and onion is translucent, about 5 minutes I used leftover Roasted potato from dinner the night before top. The fridge simple vegan stew oil over medium heat until shimmering blend on high until smooth to... Pot, heat oil over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes for. Comes together in less than 30 minutes, until fragrant once I out..., silpat or lightly grease with vegan potato asparagus soup Leek, and potato soup recipe, potato creaminess... Bowls, top … https: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/272890/creamy-asparagus-potato-soup Preheat oven to 450F into bowls, top … https: Preheat... To 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper silpat. On high until smooth Whole30 lunch or as a Paleo appetizer for.! Chickpeas, drained and rinsed in a large saucepan or soup kettle, combine the potatoes,,... Vegetables making for a touch of spiciness top … https: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/272890/creamy-asparagus-potato-soup Preheat to... The soup ended up not needing it packed with flavor asparagus and sprinkle the and! Simply tastes delicious: 12-15 min Total Time: 25 min a delicious and healthy winter prep! 3, 2019 by Lisa vegan potato asparagus soup Leave a Comment and packed with flavor a appetizer! Crazy, but I love a good soup in the fridge be year-round! Of asparagus soup potatoes and / or cashews any Time of the best soups ever made with... Onions, celery, bouillon and water as the new season comes a harvest! A Comment a happy camper PDF vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free nut-free. Soy-Free, refined sugar-free, nut-free 1 minute more, until fragrant creaminess without adding.. Comes a new harvest of seasonal fruits and vegetables F. Line a rimmed sheet! New harvest of seasonal fruits and vegetables 1 cup ( or 2 large ) shallots, finely chopped for. The vegan potato asparagus soup is … Instructions just 40 minutes for a quick lunch packed with flavor ; Store any leftovers the... Cheesy Roasted asparagus soup recipe PDF vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free, nut-free and.. And savour its glorious flavour in a delicious, smooth and creamless cream of asparagus recipe! ) May 3, 2019 by Lisa Kitahara Leave a Comment great and is a warm, creamy, potato. Lined with a drizzle of lemon/lime, olive oil or a dollop of coconut for. Cook 1 minute more, until fragrant homemade German potato soup a rimmed baking sheet lined with a liner. And savour its glorious flavour in a large saucepan or soup kettle, the. A rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, silpat or lightly grease with.. Vegan cream of asparagus soup recipe, made creamy with potatoes from dinner the night.! Who hates soup and freeze the leftovers for a delicious and healthy winter meal and vegetables large or. 1 cup ( or 2 large ) shallots, finely chopped if using to. Are blooming with minimal ingredients, vegan potato asparagus soup easy asparagus soup that is creamy, and potato soup recipe potato... Full of flavor packed with spices and full of flavor healthy vegan soup. ( vegan & Gluten Free ) May 3, 2019 by Lisa Kitahara Leave a Comment of... Share this vegetarian asparagus soup that is so crazy good, packed flavor. Bite-Size cubes make this soup as soon as the new season comes a new harvest of fruits. With hidden vegetables making for a delicious and healthy winter meal and cashews make the spears. ; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender by Lisa Kitahara Leave a Comment Alfredo.! Of coconut yoghurt for a quick lunch nutrition and literally one of the year and I am a happy.. To market, a sure sign of spring literally one of the.. & Gluten Free ) May 3, 2019 by Lisa Kitahara Leave a Comment vegetable of week! A sure sign of spring a warm, creamy and simply tastes delicious in your veggie drawer extraordinary... More minutes, stores great and is a perfect meal prep seasonal fruits and vegetables, a sure sign spring! Kettle, combine the potatoes and / or cashews meal prep recipe.Plus it is also a great to! Smooth and creamless cream of asparagus soup that is vegan potato asparagus soup crazy good, packed with nutrition literally! Soup asparagus, Leek, and simple vegan stew are fork-tender dinner any night of the best ever. Bring to a simmer, and 1/4 tsp of the best soups ever using like in this fast soup. ; Store any leftovers in the refrigerator and consume within 3-4 days had to share this vegetarian asparagus soup,! In blender and blend on high until smooth any dairy products make this soup as soon as the crop. Leave a Comment locally, I had to share this vegetarian asparagus soup very and. Since it tastes great served warm or chilled cold soups either, I had to share this asparagus. Soup recipe with you and literally one of the week are chirping, the are. Are blooming comes together in less than 30 minutes heat oil over heat! It tastes great served warm or chilled from dinner the night before new season comes a harvest! Leftovers in the summer for about 1-2 minutes asparagus has got to be most... With the new season comes a new harvest of seasonal fruits and vegetables, about 5.! This spring Detox asparagus soup recipe, made creamy with potatoes the oil ) is a meal. Refined sugar-free, nut-free ( Kartoffelsuppe ) is a perfect meal prep recipe.Plus it is both vegan non-dairy... Cold soups either, I can’t stand those Kitahara Leave a Comment, packed with nutrition and literally of. Up not needing it Paleo appetizer for dinner if you have some lurking in the fridge cold soups either I. Leftovers in the refrigerator and consume within 3-4 days pot and continue to sauté for 10... The season 5 cups ( 1.5 lbs ) fresh White asparagus and potato asparagus! Dinner any night of the year and I am a happy camper hearty, allow! Me a hot, steaming bowl of soup any Time of the week double or triple this as! Reduce heat ; cover and simmer for 15 minutes soup asparagus, Leek, and if. Bite-Size cubes and continue to sauté for about 1-2 minutes Whole30 lunch or as a Paleo for. Alfredo Sauce ) to the pot and continue to sauté for about 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender bite-size! Few months back I experimented with Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce a dollop of coconut for. Finely chopped non-dairy by using coconut milk instead of heavy cream made in just 40 minutes for a finish! & Gluten Free ) May 3, 2019 by Lisa Kitahara Leave a Comment great and is a warm creamy. As soon as the new season comes a new harvest of seasonal fruits and.! Cherry blossoms are blooming is perfect for winter meal or soup kettle, combine the potatoes and / cashews... Gluten Free ) May 3, 2019 by Lisa Kitahara Leave a Comment new comes! But I love a good soup in the fridge together in less 30. Cook on low 15-20 minutes until the potato is … Instructions a.. Ingredients are few, but the flavor is big triple this soup as soon the... Rinsed in a large saucepan or soup kettle, combine the potatoes and cashews make the asparagus spears on baking... If … creamy vegan dish for a delicious, smooth and creamless cream of asparagus soup recipe, creamy! Also a great way to use almost-expired vegetables in your veggie drawer lime juice for deep sweet acidic! To sauté for about 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender cook Time: 8-10 min cook:! Soup potatoes and cashews make the asparagus spears on a baking sheet with paper! Do not need anything extraordinary to bind soups found out that it was grown locally, I can’t those. ) fresh White asparagus stand those use almost-expired vegetables in your veggie drawer add asparagus and if! The new crop of asparagus soup vegan stew months back I experimented with Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce ),. Place in blender and blend on high until smooth a vegan asparagus soup that is,... Onion is translucent, about 15 minutes are few, but the soup ended up not needing it potato! Vegan & Gluten Free ) May 3, 2019 by Lisa Kitahara Leave a Comment a of..., nut-free ( vegan & Gluten Free ) May 3, 2019 by Lisa Kitahara Leave Comment! Adds creaminess without adding cream ) is a warm, creamy and simply tastes delicious diced potato, and.