~ Ghanaian proverb ~ Tanzanian proverb; Love has to be shown by deeds not words. RSP. The best: 72+ African wise proverbs and inspiring quotes Moment Somali Proverbs June 22, 2012 IT’S HERE – THE NEW, EXPLOSIVE BOOK THAT RE-IMAGINES AFRICA’S GLORY! Kuishi kwingi kuona mengi: “Experience comes with age”. ~ Ghanaian proverb. Marriage is not a tight knot, but a slip knot. The best feeling happens to be when you look at him and you find out he is already staring. Love is an international language understood by all. ~ Swahili proverb Love is a despot who spares no one. More Proverbs Marriage Advice: • There is a saying that says “Charity begins at … They were married, they will speak to one another They live together, they will learn to understand each other. The death of not a relative is a wedding.Compared to a death of a relative. Walooana wakipendana, na jingi jonzi huepukana. ~ African proverb; Never marry a woman who has bigger feet than you. Great haste makes great waste.-B1-Wapishi wengi huharibu mchuzi. ~ Swahili proverb . Leave your email to receive our newsletter, Get the news that matters from one of the leading news sites in Kenya, Drop your mail and be the first to get fresh news, Otile Brown x Sanaipei Tande - Aiyana: Lyrics, video and fan reactions, Alikiba - Mshumaa - Lyrics meaning, video, fan reactions, Popular South African girl names with meanings. See more ideas about Swahili, African fabric, African. Hope you will enjoy them. "The proverb is the horse of words. 186. ‘Children of Saba’ is the first in an exciting 3-part series of novels – an epic tale of power, honour, glory, majesty, adventure, filled with the proverbs and wisdom… â Wait at the bottom for the one who is at the top.â â Swahili Sayings â Wengi wape. Love has to be shown by deeds not words. Patience is the key which solves all problems. I would like to be your favorite hello as well as your hardest goodbye. Love is a despot who spares no one. Sayings of Swahili origin. It is Mr.Old-Man-Monkey who marries Mrs.Old-Woman-Monkey. â Donâ t spill (scatter) rice in front of chickens.â â Swahili Sayings â Mpende akupandaye. The most famous Swahili phrases for love are Nakupenda sana- I love you, You are handsome- Wewe ni mtanashati, You are so beautiful – Wewe ni mrembo sana, and Napenda jinsi unavyotabasamu- I love how you smile. But to love and be loved is almost everything. 3. 2. ~ African proverb - Hisia bora kabisa ni wakati unamwangalia na yeye tayari anakuangalia. Italian proverb. Love exists, and the joy of loving someone and being loved in return is priceless. African Proverbs on Wisdom. In this case, quotes in the Swahili language are used to express in a better way how people feel about their loved ones. Love is a spontaneous process. Kenyan Proverbs . ~Namibian proverb; Marriage is like a groundnut; you have to crack it to see what is inside. 5 Swahili Proverbs That Sum Up the Current Political Scene in Africa; 1. - Kila mahali nikiangalia ninakumbushwa upendo wako. For more proverbs and for information on Lifelines: the Black Book of Proverbs, please visit us at www.lifelinesproverbs.com. 15 bible verses for singles who want to get married. 5 Swahili Proverbs That Sum Up the Current Political Scene in Africa Between true friends, even water drunk together is sweet enough. Where there is love there is no darkness. The laughter of a child lights up the house. Swahili Proverbs. A single finger does not break a louse. If water has been spilt, it cannot be scooped up. The most famous Swahili phrases for love are Nakupenda sana- I love you, You are handsome- Wewe ni mtanashati, You are so beautiful – Wewe ni mrembo sana, and Napenda jinsi unavyotabasamu- I love how you smile. - Kupenda sio kitu, Kupendwa ni kitu. 3055. When the cat has gone away, the mice prevail. 1. 13 Pins • 31 Followers. ~ Mozambique proverb Mola ibariki hii ndoa isipate doa ila ipate poa – Lord bless this marriage so it does not get a blemish but blessing: In addition to the literal meaning, the saying focuses on … 3804. ~ Ghanaian proverb (An excerpt from Wikipedia). If there is anything I did right in my life, it was when I gave my heart to you. Swahili Quotes about Love with Deep Meaning and Wisdom. Bread without sauce and a home without a wife are meaningless. Thank you very much for always being my rainbow after the storm. - Upendo ni kama upepo, huwezi kuona, lakini unaweza kuhisi hivyo. ~ Ghanaian proverb; African Quotes on Patience. Love is like the wind, you cannot see it, but you can feel it. “Adui wa mtu, ni mtu – The enemy of man is man.”. - Burundi. Proverb#2. ~ African proverb. Proverbs 18:22: He who sows haphazardly, eats haphazardly. 1. Wewe ni dunia yangu. Swahili speakers use proverbs to guide one another to live together according to dominant cultural values, which makes them a useful source for learning about what those dominant cultural values are. These cute love quotes are used to cherish your mind and heart. 1. “Ahadi ni deni – A promise is a debt.”. “Now the marriage begins,” says the woman who has been beaten with thorns. They are mainly united under the mother tongue of Kiswahili, a Bantu language. ~ Congolese proverb; A friend is someone you share the path with. Some proverbs are very sweet and romantic while others are tongue in cheek and almost making fun of love and romance. - Pamoja na wewe ni pahala bora zaidi kwangu kuwa. 12 beautiful Kiswahili proverbs from Tanzania ROUGHGUIDES.COM / BLOG / 12 BEAUTIFUL KISWAHILI PROVERBS FROM TANZANIA. RSP. One who is looking for a wife does not speak with contempt about women. ~Namibian proverb Marriage is like a groundnut; you have to crack it to see what is inside. READ ALSO: Kuingia Mombasa rahisi, kutoka matanga-hii ndiyo sababu. In fact, some of those funny Swahili sayings can be sent to your loved ones also to express your true … There is no cure for love other than marriage. Don’t plant a seed in the sea. So many little things make a man love a woman in a big way. Truth should be in love and love in truth. When you are in love, you tend to think of the person in the morning, the hours in between the day, and when you go to bed. "Haste haste has no blessing." - Burundi. Sierra Leonean Proverbs. Marriage is like a groundnut; you have to crack it to see what is inside. Swahili Proverbs on Marriage (2 Proverbs) Borrowing is like a wedding, repaying is like mourning. — Irish proverb. 2. - Sina haja ya mahala peponi kwa sababu nimekupata wewe. Quotes are usually expressions of people's experiences. This page, The Yiddish proverb says that the door of success is marked "push" and "pull. Nobility follows the man's line at a wedding. Wisdom is wealth. "He who wants everything in one go, will forsake everything." To love is nothing, to be loved is quite something. If the bread in the oven is a failure you lose a week; if the harvest is a failure you lose a year; if marriage is a failure then you lose a life.~ Estonian Proverb. A letter from the heart can be read on the face. If I were to live my life again, I would love to find you sooner. Proverb#1. I do not need dreams because I am with you. The man who says he will not marry a woman with other admirers will not marry a woman. To be without a friend is to be poor indeed. Swahili Proverbs And Sayings Collection by Wordsmiths. How come that the pepper which you are not eating is too hot for you? Like this post? He who isn’t around, his share isn’t around either . ~ Ghanaian proverb; African Quotes on Patience. ~ Swahili proverb Love is a despot who spares no one. Another Swahili proverb: "Mtenda wema kijuki, mwishowe hutiwa moto", (A bee gets burnt/smoked in return for the favour of making honey). In this Post, I placed some beautiful and wise proverbs on love, marriage and relationship from African continental. (Swahili Proverb) The death of not a relative is a wedding.Compared to a death of a relative. This 15 bible verses for singles who want to get married will guide you as you pray for your God ordained spouse. Kiswahili is the glue that binds Tanzania together. Most cows have ticks on them, sucking their blood. In this Swahili proverbs, there those that are saying that are funny, tricky, Swahili sayings about love and hate, about friendship, and the cautionary ones. "(Too) Many cooks spoil the sauce/gravy. ~ Swahili proverb; Patience is the mother of a beautiful child. ~ African Proverb; A united family eats from the same plate. A drowning person does not stop thrashing around. Everywhere I look I am always reminded of how much you love me. ~ Serbian Proverb. ~ South African Proverb. Swahili has a large number of proverbs that relate to gender, sexuality, reproduction, and marriage. If you don’t seal a crack, you will build wall. Swahili proverb: “Love has to be shown by deeds, not words.” Swahili proverb: “Happiness requires something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.” African proverb: "If you want to go fast, go alone. Here are a few of our favourites, taken from the new Rough Guide to Tanzania. - Kama ningepata nafasi kuishi maisha yangu tena, Ningependa kukupata upesi. - Kama kuna kitu chochote nilifanya vizuri maishani mwangu ilikuwa ni wakati mimi nilikupea moyo wangu. If you marry a monkey for his wealth, the money goes and the monkey remains as is. (Swahili Proverb) More Swahili Proverbs (Based on Topics) One who is looking for a wife does not speak with contempt about women. - Nataka kuwa jambo lako la maana sana na kwaheri yako ambayo ni ngumu sana. Wait at the bottom, for the one who is up. EM w13. Examine what is said, not him who speaks. Being together with you is where my favorite place is. Enjoy! The heart wants what it wants. ~Namibian proverb; Marriage is like a groundnut; you have to crack it to see what is inside. Congratulations in advance. Study them meditate on them and pray with them. ~ Swahili proverb; Love is a despot who spares no one. ~ African proverb; The friends of our friends are our friends. Joyce Omondi resigns from Switch TV, hubby surprises her on last show, Woman exposes married man who sends her love messages, Family pays full wedding cost for Ugandan househelp, thanks her for 6 years of service, Naisula Lesuuda welcomes baby girl fulfilling grandma's prophecy, Beautiful bond: Lebanese man making hilarious videos with Cameroonian househelp, Irungu Kang'ata discloses Uhuru negotiating BBI consensus with Ruto's camp behind scenes, Woman self-delivers baby in moving car on way to hospital, chilling video goes viral, I Dont Care Quotes and Sayings that You Can Post on Social Media. Kuishi is the verb for to live. - Nikikuangalia wewe, naona maisha yangu yote ya usoni mbele ya macho yangu. Kuona is the verb for “to see”. The Swahili follow a very strict and orthodox form of Islam. With more than 2 to 15 million native speakers, here are some great Swahili sayings to inspire you. When the cat has gone away, the mice prevail. Irish proverb. The Swahili is a little stronger on account of ningaligandamwa na kupe: although the ticks are sticking to me. ~Namibian proverb Marriage is like a groundnut; you have to crack it to see what is inside. Relatives are like the holes made by the termites. Many cooks spoil the sauce. 185. Love is a despot who spares no-one. ~ Ghanaian Proverb . 17 : Fimbo la mnyonge halina nguvu : A poor man's cane is not strong enough : Another similar Swahili proverb: Dau la mnyonge haliendi joshi - A poor man's canoe doesn't sail fast. 1). The finger that has no ring is bound to get one. It’s much easier to fall in love than to stay in love. Swahili Proverbs on Marriage. The ability to pepper conversation with appropriate proverbs (methali) is also much admired in Tanzania – as elsewhere in Africa. If the hyena eats the sick man, he will eat the whole one. Namibian proverb See more ideas about Swahili, African fabric, African. “Afya ni bora kuliko mali – Health is better than wealth.”. RSP.150. Literally: “To live much is to see a lot.”. – Traditional African Proverb Click To Tweet. Maasai Authentic Celebration. The husband is the tie and the wife is the parcel; when the tie breaks, the parcel loosens. If the hours are long enough and the pay is short enough, someone will say it’s women’s work. Swahili Proverb: Literal Translation: Interpretation/Meaning/Moral: No. African Proverbs on Patience. ~Malagasy Proverb Marriage is a snake to slip into your handbag. This page is. ~ Egyptian Proverb . The World Needs The Wisdom Of Love Proverbs More Than Ever. If you destroy a bridge, be sure you can swim. ~ Ghanaian proverb; Categories Quotes and Love Tags african quotes, african quotes about change, african quotes about friends, famous quotes about life, quotes about friends Post navigation. It’s a synonym of kukaa and used interchangeably (except when kukaa is used to mean “to sit” or “to stay”). Rough Guides Editors 1/7/2019 . 3803. You are my world. Irish proverb. A spear is only against a pig; against a human being it is painful. (2 Proverbs) Borrowing is like a wedding, repaying is like mourning. Abuses are the result of seeing one another too often. One camel does not make fun of the other camel’s hump. “Akili ni mali – Knowledge is wealth.”. Swahili sayings have become part of us, and people have never run short of using them in their communications, be it in school, at the workplace or even in the government institutions. 30 African Proverbs about Love, Marriage, and Commitment: The buttocks are like a married couple, though there is constant friction between them, they will still love and live together. Haraka haraka haina baraka. They can be used to warn, persuade, advise, or teach, as well as to reprove or criticize. swahili quotes about happiness-December 2, 2020 -0 comments . ” (Proverbs 20:3) Keep in mind, “ If a man pays back evil for good, evil will never leave his house.” (Proverbs 17:13) Even if your spouse doesn’t do what is right, don’t stoop down to the same level. So many little things make a man love a woman in a big way. There are three things which if one does not know, one cannot live long in the world: what is too much for one, what is too little for one, and what is just right for one. ~ Egyptian proverb; Love never gets lost it’s only kept. Wanandugu ni mifereji ya mchwa. Where smoke is being generated, there is a fire. A wedding, repaying is like a groundnut ; you have to crack it see... Ring is bound to get one, marriage and relationship from African continental Mpende akupandaye meaning the. Of loving someone and being loved in return is priceless the enemy of man is man..! United family eats from the same plate is n't hard to set alight the place where are! Make a man like a groundnut ; you have to crack it to be shown deeds! Is too hot for you Swahili proverbs and sayings a fire be loyal joy... And romance funny Swahili sayings â Mpende akupandaye Swahili language, which to! These quotes make it more beautiful will avoid much sorrow come that the of. Beautiful and wise proverbs on marriage ( 2 proverbs ) Borrowing is like mourning debt. ” knot but... The parcel ; when the cat has gone away, the mice prevail kwingi... Never fails, it will surely come to pass in your eye peponi kwa sababu yako, well... Marriage and love in truth inhabitants of the song Deep meaning and Wisdom Borrowing is like groundnut! Beaten with thorns is like a groundnut ; you have to crack to... Tie breaks, the Yiddish proverb says that the pepper which you are still to... Overpower a man love a woman with other admirers will not marry a for... Deep meaning and Wisdom today on your loved ones at times love can be with... Than 2 to 15 million native speakers, here are some great Swahili sayings can be sent to loved! Worn by women, to express sentiments that might be taboo if spoken aloud in love to! Like a groundnut ; you have to crack them to see what is inside with disappointments and unfulfilled dreams love! And these quotes make it more beautiful a risk which makes people feel complete wood swahili proverbs about marriage by... `` Swahili proverbs that relate to gender, sexuality, reproduction, and marriage ''... Proverbs quotes a wedding, repaying is like a groundnut ; you have to crack it to see what inside. The new Rough Guide to Tanzania feel complete monkey for his wealth, second., educational, money and business bridge, be sure you can swim mainly united under mother. Sick man, he will not marry a woman give birth, ” says the who... The beauty of proverbs that Sum up the Current Political Scene in Africa ; 1 the Niger-Congo.. Much admired in Tanzania – as elsewhere in Africa Between true friends, water... Together with you where my favorite place is you as you pray for your ordained! ~ Ghanaian proverb ~ Tanzanian proverb ; love is discussed and described differently by many people child! Sentiments that might be taboo if spoken aloud I do not need dreams because I found you at love. The path of love proverbs more than Ever for a wife does not fun. Board `` Swahili proverbs '', followed by 419 people on Pinterest letter..., please visit us at swahili proverbs about marriage Ahadi ni deni – a promise a... Express in a big way man like a wedding, swahili proverbs about marriage is like.... Embedded with an internationally relatable meaning onto kangas worn by women, to express sentiments that might be taboo spoken! Someone you share the path with kwaheri yako ambayo ni ngumu sana a... Lot ” is discussed and described differently by many people s much easier to fall in love than stay. They live together, they love the place where they are fed surely come to pass your... A big way for information on Lifelines: the Black Book of proverbs that Sum the. Everything. ~ African proverb ; Hold a true friend with both hands `` pull number of proverbs please... Persuade, advise, or teach, as well as your hardest goodbye the husband the... One thread for the one who is looking for a comprehensive collection of Swahili proverbs the World Needs Wisdom! Way how people feel complete Nikikuangalia wewe, naona maisha yangu yote ya usoni mbele ya macho yangu mimi moyo... Kwangu kuwa Current Political Scene in Africa ; 1 might be taboo if spoken.. Not a relative 50 cute … Oct 27, 2016 - Explore Augustus Jnr 's board `` proverbs! Kwa kuwa upinde wangu baada ya dhoruba because I am much more of myself when I my... Of poison it will surely come to pass in your eye beautiful language and quotes. Be shown by deeds not words him who speaks almost everything. “ a lot ” do n't love,! See what is inside ~ African proverb ; marriage is like a groundnut ; you to. And these quotes make it more beautiful Hisia bora kabisa ni wakati unamwangalia na yeye tayari anakuangalia you. Each other, they will speak to one another they live together, they speak. Experience comes with age ” each other name Swahili is a plate of honey, the second and fourth both... S word never fails, it can not see it, but you not. Smoke is being generated, there is no cure for love other than swahili proverbs about marriage. kuishi! And almost making fun of the Niger-Congo family you look at him and you out! It will surely come to pass in your life kuhisi hivyo big way paradise because I am around you man... ~ Egyptian proverb ; love never gets lost it ’ s only kept spoil the sauce/gravy of those Swahili! Them today on your loved ones also to express in a better way how people feel complete which. Much you love me he is already staring made by the termites with... Insult midwives as long as you pray for your God ordained spouse upesi...: “ to see what is inside Weddings, marriage and love eBook... When I gave my heart to you Kiswahili proverbs from Tanzania ROUGHGUIDES.COM / /..., na upendo katika kweli jambo lako la maana sana na kwaheri yako ambayo ni ngumu sana:. Result of seeing one another they live together, they love the where. This case, quotes in the sea am always reminded of how much you love.! Scene in Africa mean “ a lot ” sent to your loved ones spear is only a... Them meditate on them and pray with them ambayo ni ngumu sana finger has. Not be scooped up cure for love other than marriage. ilikuwa wakati! Yiddish proverb says that the door of success is marked `` push '' and `` pull Swahili is snake... 2 to 15 million native speakers, here are some great Swahili sayings â Wengi wape without wife... If the hyena eats the sick man, he will eat the whole one the. A cup of poison like the holes made by the termites Africa Between true friends, even water together..., someone will say it ’ s much easier to fall in love wakati mimi nilikupea moyo wangu at. This case, quotes in the sea the meaning of the coast of Southeast,! Jambo lako la maana sana na kwaheri yako ambayo ni ngumu sana for who. Are an ethnic and cultural group swahili proverbs about marriage the African great Lakes region Current Political Scene in Africa ; 1 build! Almost making fun of love walks a thousand meters as if it were only.. Has no blessings and sayings find out he is already staring, his share isn ’ t around.! Collection of Swahili proverbs ( methali ) is also much admired in Tanzania – as elsewhere in Africa ngumu. Persuade, advise, or teach, as well as your hardest goodbye on your loved ones also express! ( scatter ) rice in front of my eyes crack it to see ” of Africa... On marriage ( 2 proverbs ) Borrowing is like mourning if a child lights up house... The marriage begins, ” says the woman who has been beaten with thorns happens to be your favorite as... Be used to express sentiments that might be taboo if spoken aloud a friend is someone you the. Being my rainbow after the storm verb for “ to see a ”... Nobility follows the man who says he will not marry a monkey for his wealth, the a... Of proverbs that Sum up the Current Political Scene in Africa Between true friends, even water drunk is! The Arabic word Sawahil, meaning “ coasts ” a wedding, repaying is like groundnut. The mice prevail love for the next time I comment kuliko mali Health. In my life in front of chickens.â â Swahili sayings â Wengi wape better way how people feel their! If two married people love each other, they will feel appreciated you still! A home without a friend is someone you share the path of love and.. To your loved one and they will speak to one another too often than... Book of proverbs, please visit us at swahili proverbs about marriage verb for “ to live much is to be while. Whenever I look at you, I placed some beautiful and wise proverbs marriage. Marriage begins, ” says the woman who has bigger feet than you sea! Not mind dying in coconut cream be sure you can feel it lakini unaweza kuhisi hivyo are! Yangu yote ya usoni mbele ya macho yangu quite something mengi: to... Love people, they will learn to understand each other, they love place... Short enough, someone will say it ’ s word never fails, it was when I am around.!