Add gravy mixture. Stir chicken broth mixture; add to wok with black bean mixture. It’s one of my favorite foods and a versatile ingredient, so I’m always looking for new ways to prepare it when it’s in abundance in the market and at its peak flavor. Drain and pat dry. Add the sake mixture and stir-fry until the asparagus are crisp-tender and the sauce has reduced to a glaze, 1 to 2 minutes. https://www.cdkitchen.com/.../Chicken-And-Asparagus-In-Black124255.shtml Combine black bean sauce, hot chili paste, ginger and garlic; set aside. Easy tender pork slices stir-fried with fermented black bean sauce. Separate wedges; set aside. Stir in asparagus. chinese black bean sauce (or 1 tbsp. When done, remove to a platter. I quickly ran to call my girlfriend and asked if I could come to eat at her house. Stir-fry another 10 seconds and then add the black bean sauce and the chicken broth. 1/2 tsp. When oil is hot add black bean sauce. 1 tsp. Add the asparagus and stir-fry about one minute. Rate this Chinese Beef and Asparagus With Black Bean Sauce recipe with 1 1/2 lbs asparagus, 1 lb flank steak, sliced thinly across the grain, 3 tbsp peanut oil, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp grated fresh ginger, 3 tbsp dry sherry or 3 tbsp chinese rice wine, 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch, 2 -3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced, 1 tbsp fermented black beans, rinsed and chopped, 1 pinch salt, 1 pinch sugar, 1/4 cup chicken broth Some of my favorite dishes to order are hot and sour soup, steamed fish with bok choy, and chicken mu shu. mirin (or other cooking rice wine) 1 tsp. Hanging from a clothesline strung up in one corner of the room were duck gizzards and tangerine peels. agave nectar 1 tsp. The flavor is savory, sweet, and spicy and fulfills ALL of my Chinese food cravings! If desired, add 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed in 1 teaspoon water to thicken mixture. Add asparagus, carrot and stir-fry for about 2 minutes. Stir-fry for 1 minute. In a small bowl, combine the sake with the black beans and gently smash. Add broth and soy sauce stirring about 1 minute. or 1 bunch asparagus- … Peel onion, cut into 8 wedges. )Remove them from the oil when just tender, about 5 minutes, and set them aside. cornstarch 1/4 tsp. Add the cooked chicken and cook for about 1 minute, then add the reserved asparagus tips. 1/4 cup onions, sliced very thin 1 lb. Boil a pot of water. In a small bowl, whisk the sake with the black beans. One day, my Mother proudly announced we were having asparagus for dinner. fermented black beans if you can find them, finely chopped) 2 tbsp. Spareribs in Black Bean Sauce The house where I grew up had a sunny back porch with wall-to-wall windows on two sides. She was happy to invite me for dinner. Add asparagus; mix with sauce. Asparagus with black bean sauce, makes 2 servings 1 tbs. sesame oil. Stir sauce with asparagus. (They take longer to cook than asparagus. soy sauce (low sodium) 1 tsp. water 2 tbs. rice wine vinegar 4 cloves garlic, minced. Add remaining ginger and stir it into the veggies. Food & Wine is part of the Meredith Corporation Allrecipes Food Group. Cook until sauce boils and thickens, stirring occasionally. Separate wedges; set aside. I am a big fan of black bean sauce and to date I haven’t found a black bean sauce I don’t like. https://www.food.com/recipe/shrimp-with-black-bean-sauce-313462 Coarsely chop fermented black beans. ketchup, sesame seeds, black bean sauce, asparagus, garlic, sesame oil and 3 more Black Bean Sauce—Homemade Spicy Version China Sichuan Food sugar, fermented black bean, roasted sesame seeds, roasted peanuts and 5 more * Prepare cooking sauce: by combining all cooking sauce ingredients in a small bowl. We have it at least twice a month, partly because we have loads of great Chinese delivery in San Francisco. soy sauce, ½ tsp. cornstarch or arrowroot powder 2 tbsp. dry sherry then set it aside for about 30 minutes in the fridge. This super easy recipe for Chinese-style wok-tossed asparagus in black bean sauce is salty, sweet, earthy and loaded with umami. Stir-fry quickly until barely. Combine remaining 3 teaspoons cornstarch, remaining 2 teaspoons soy sauce, chicken broth and oyster sauce in a small bowl; mix well. 3 ASPARAGUS 4 Fill large saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add asparagus and onion, and stir fry until tender-crisp, around 8 minutes. Thanks for sharing it. 2 tablespoons fermented black beans (available at Oriental markets and specialty foods shops), rinsed, drained well, and crushed slightly 1 1/2 tablespoons medium-dry Sherry 1 tablespoon soy sauce Wash your asparagus and hold each end of the asparagus. SHRIMP & ASPARAGUS WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE INGREDIENTS: 1/2 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined; 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil; 1 Tbsp corn starch, divided flank steak. Mise en place, it takes only short minutes for the dish to cook. This is also where you'll find the hot chili paste; my preference is Sombel Oelek Serves 3 to 4. Dribble in a little cornstarch paste if needed; cornstarch in chicken marinade might be enough. Chock-full of healthful ingredients such as garlic, ginger, and onions, it's a great meal to have if you're watching your weight or trying to make better culinary choices. Stir for a few seconds. A slow cooker can can take your comfort food to the next level. The beans have earthy, slightly gritty, flavour and texture that adds substance and body to the still-tender but often chunky late season asparagus. pepper. Increase heat to medium high. While asparagus is cooking, chop salmon into large, bite-sized pieces. Black bean sauce is a Chinese condiment made with fermented black soybeans (not the black beans used in Mexican food). Cooking sauce: 1 tablespoon soy sauce 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch 1/4 teaspoon sugar 1/2 cup chicken broth or water. Black bean sauce is an important and popular ingredient in Chinese cuisine, particularly Cantonese and Sichuan cooking. This can be found with the ethnic foods at your local grocer, usually where you find soy sauce, etc. Instructions. Since I don't like CRISP asparagus that tastes like grass to me, I make below the suggestion that you steam the asparagus briefly. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Food and Wine presents a new network of food pros delivering the most cookable recipes and delicious ideas online. Remove chicken from wok; set aside. Use this easy recipe to make Chinese beef and bell peppers with a savory black bean sauce. Some Chinese sauces are among the top culinary delights on the planet, and so is black bean sauce. When sauce boils, add cooked chicken; toss to combine. Heat a wok or large skillet. Add the ginger, sugar, chiles and garlic and stir-fry over high heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Let stand 30 minutes. Preheat the wok over high heat. This recipe is my lightened up version of Shrimp with Black Bean Sauce. When oil is hot, add black bean sauce. Grasp the pork slice for 2-3 minutes until all the juice is well absorbed. half of a small onion, sliced thinly. 1 tablespoon Chinese black beans, rinsed and finely chopped, 1 pound thin asparagus, cut on the diagonal into 1-inch lengths, 2 scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup), 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds, plus more for garnish, Back to Wok-Tossed Asparagus in Black Bean Sauce. Prepare Asparagus: Wash asparagus, peel touch white outer skin off ends; Slice diagonally into 2 1/2 –inch strips across the grain; Rinse fermented black beans; In small mixing bowl, add black beans, garlic vegan brown sugar, black soy sauce, and vegetable stock, mash and stir well; Set aside for 15 minutes ; Stir-fry Directions: Heat wok on stove, high heat Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl then set aside. Asparagus Beef in Black Bean and Garlic Sauce is prepared the same way as most stir-fry dishes. Stir-fry the RINSED black beans and garlic mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is crisp-tender, about two minutes. Add the scallions and 1/2 teaspoon of sesame seeds and season with salt. Spareribs in Black Bean Sauce The house where I grew up had a sunny back porch with wall-to-wall windows on two sides. Combine the thickener ingredients in a small bowl then set aside. Set aside. Add the scallions and 1/2 teaspoon of sesame seeds and season with salt. It’s as common as an everyday condiment as ketchup is here. thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. Add the toasted sesame oil … Add … Transfer the asparagus to a platter, drizzle with the sesame oil and serve. First, cut the tips off of the asparagus, and then cut the remaining spears on the diagonal in about 1/2-inch lengths. It’s a perfect weeknight side dish that cooks in a flash. 2 scallions (chopped into 1-inch pieces) Garnish: sesame oil (to taste) Steps to Make It Mix the red chile paste in with the fish sauce, black bean sauce, oyster sauce, and chicken stock. Fermented black beans are most widely used to make Chinese Black Bean Sauce, also referred to as Black Bean Paste and Black Bean & Garlic Sauce. Sharp, pungent, salty and spicy with a hint of sweet, black bean sauce contributes a flavor to Chinese food like no other. When sauce boils add cooked chicken; toss to combine. We've been coming to Royal China for years, its our neighborhood Chinese place and everyone agrees that its the best Chinese food in town. In a small bowl, whisk the sake with the black beans. NOTE #1 Just so there's no confusion, this recipe uses a prepared Chinese Black Bean Sauce, NOT your regular black beans. All Rights Reserved. Add black bean sauce, cook stirring constantly about 1 minute. Some Chinese sauces are among the top culinary delights on the planet, and so is black bean sauce. 4 %, tablespoon black bean sauce, prepared Chinese, teaspoon hot chili paste, I prefer Sombel Oelek, , trimmed and diagonally cut into 1 inch pieces. Last week I brought my mom in for dinner and she loved it. What is Chinese black bean sauce. Get the wok super-hot again and add the remaining cooking wine. Peel onion, cut into 8 wedges. Over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Brown well, adding more oil if … * In a medium bowl, combine cornstarch, soy sauce, sherry, and 1 teaspoon water. Dribble in a little cornstarch paste if needed; cornstarch in chicken marinade might be enough. I am testing my own fermented black beans in recent days and the bad news is I have failed at the first batch. Sprinkle with a little salt, black pepper and brown sugar. Chilli bean sauce is a common ingredient in Chinese cookery, and is made from the usual yellow soy beans combined with fiery red chillies. I like your shrimp + asparagus combination – definitely makes an excellent week night dish. 12 g Thinly slice the pork. Rinse fermented black beans. black pepper 1 tsp. In a small bowl, combine and mix shrimp, 1 Tbsp. Add the peanut oil and heat until small puffs of smoke appear around the edge. Another popular way is to flash cook the asparagus with meat in a fermented black bean and garlic sauce. Add the asparagus and stir-fry until bright green, about 2 minutes. Add the peanut oil and heat until small puffs of smoke appear around the edge. Reheat wok to high, add remaining oil. Hanging from a clothesline strung up in one corner of the room were duck gizzards and tangerine peels. Total Carbohydrate This Salmon with Asparagus in Black Bean Sauce rivals the takeout version you know and love! Over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil. 1 pound asparagus 2 tablespoons fermented/preserved black beans, drained, chopped 1 clove garlic, minced 1 medium onion, cut in wedges 2 tablespoons water. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry another 30 seconds. Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Heat a wok or large skillet. Although I was quite frustrated by the result, still, I love fermented black bean sauce. Preparation: Wash asparagus; peel tough white outer skin off ends; slice on diagonal in 2 1/2" sections. Asparagus Beef in Black Bean and Garlic Sauce is prepared the same way as most stir-fry dishes. 1/4 cup onions, sliced very thin 1 lb. https://rasamalaysia.com/recipe-stir-fried-fish-fillet-with Apr 8, 2019 - The second of my three favorite Chinese recipes, adapted from The Frugal Gourmet. Skip to … In bowl combine and mash black beans and garlic brown sugar black soy sauce and chicken stock; stir; reserve for 15 minutes. 2 tbsp. oil. 8 oz bottle Chinese Black Bean Sauce 1 bunch Asparagus - typically the bundle at the grocery store is enough to feed 4-6 Cooking Spray 2 T Dark sesame oil 1 T Sesame seeds 1 t crushed red pepper - to taste, optional Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables and makes it into my market bag every week, sometimes twice a week. fermented black beans if you can find them, finely chopped) 2 tbsp. 2 tbsp. water. Set aside. * If using green beans or long beans, sauté them in the peanut oil before adding the ginger and garlic. Add salt, cooking wine, light soy sauce, water (or chicken stock) and white pepper. Sauce: 3 tbsp. 5 Add asparagus and cook for 3-4 minutes. It’s as common as an everyday condiment as ketchup is here. For marinade: Combine 2 teaspoons cornstarch, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, sherry and sesame oil in a large bowl; mix well. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir-fry the RINSED black beans and garlic mixture. Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. This super easy recipe for soy sauce. oil until fragrant. Black bean sauce is an important and popular ingredient in Chinese cuisine, particularly Cantonese and Sichuan cooking. Chinese black beans 1/2 c. water 3 tbs. Pictorial RecipeStir-Fried Chicken and Asparagus with Black Bean Sauce (豉汁蘆筍炒鸡片)Asparagus is not a vegetable used in traditional Chinese cooking, but it is a wonderful adaptation to traditional Chinese recipes such as stir-frying with chicken and black bean sauce… Combine with garlic and set aside. How often do you get Chinese takeout? 4 cloves garlic, minced and divided in half. Ingredients dried black beans. Push chicken to the sides of wok and add black bean paste, ginger, garlic and onion. Add chicken; stir-fry until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Combine remaining 3 teaspoons cornstarch, remaining 2 teaspoons soy sauce, chicken broth and oyster sauce in a small bowl; mix well. We’ve assembled a list of 50 of the world’s most reliable, inexpensive wines – bottles that offer amazing quality for their price year in and year out. What I did not know until dinner was served-- her Mother had cooked Chinese Asparagus and Chicken in Black Bean Sauce. The beans are not completely fermented. Weekday chinese fix - Chicken and Asparagus with Black Bean Sauce This is a dish I make often in our house, especially at this time of the year, when local asparagus is abundant. Recipe here: https://bit.ly/36GQlq5 2 tbsp. Add the sake mixture and stir-fry until the asparagus are crisp-tender and the sauce has reduced to a glaze, 1 to 2 minutes. I simply add a few ingredients to it, then add it to the stir fried veggies. soy sauce 1/4 cup vegetable broth 1 tbsp. https://rasamalaysia.com/squid-with-black-bean-sauce-recipe Add the asparagus and stir-fry until bright green, about 2 minutes. Add asparagus; mix with sauce. I usually simply stir-fry it in garlic and ginger paste, or chopped garlic; though this Asparagus and Chicken in Black Bean Sauce is a firm favorite! mirin. chinese black bean sauce (or 1 tbsp. NOTE #2 Prep time includes 30 minute marinating time. Andrew Zimmern’s Kitchen AdventuresAsparagus is one of my favorite foods, so I give you this superb and simple way to use this amazing vegetable in your kitchen.—Andrew Zimmern. or 1 bunch asparagus- … The meat is cut into bite-size pieces and marinate while the vegetables are cut and the finishing sauce ingredients are combined. This is a very tasty family favourite that I've slightly modified from the original which came from a great cookbook called Thai Cooking and More. Do not overcook or the beef will become tough. Looking to amp up your beef stew but unsure where to start? It might break up a bit when you stir it into the vegetables, so 2" pieces are good. Instructions. https://rasamalaysia.com/squid-with-black-bean-sauce-recipe Sauce: 3 tbsp. Combine black bean sauce, hot chili paste, ginger and garlic; set aside. Beef and Asparagus in Black Bean Sauce. This dish will not only make your mouth water, it is a staple of Cantonese home cooking. https://andrewzimmern.com/recipes/wok-tossed-asparagus-in-black-bean-sauce rice wine vinegar 4 cloves garlic, minced. Add onion and asparagus; stir-fry 30 seconds. 2 tbsp. The meat is cut into bite-size pieces and marinate while the vegetables are cut and the finishing sauce ingredients are combined. Stir sauce with asparagus. Add the cooked pork back into your wok. I serve this over rice but it'd be good over noodles too. Fermented black beans lend their own special taste and flavor to this Chinese beef in bean sauce recipe, while chile paste adds extra bite. Add chicken; stir to coat well. … Stir for a few seconds. Our 22 Best Crock Pot and Slow-Cooker Recipes. soy sauce 1/4 cup vegetable broth 1 tbsp. canola oil 14-16 spears of asparagus… Add in chicken and stir to coat, add in 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and marinate for 15 minutes. I have always been partial to asparagus myself, and am a big fan of this succulent vegetable. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in wok. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. I usually simply stir-fry it in garlic and ginger paste, or chopped garlic; though this Asparagus and Chicken in Black Bean Sauce is a firm favorite! Chinese Stir-fried fresh clams in black bean sauce with garlic, ginger, scallion and cilantro is a classic fermented black bean dish that is perfect for the summer. 12 spears of asparagus, cut into 2″ pieces. Continue to stir fry, then add the chile paste, bean sauce, and oyster sauce mixture. Sizzle in 1 tablespoon of rice wine and 2 teaspoons of soy sauce. 1/2 lb. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. cornstarch, and 1 Tbsp. https://www.thespruceeats.com/chinese-asparagus-recipes-4116093 Marinate for 15 to 30 minutes. Add black bean sauce and vinegar, and stir to coat. 2 In a 1-cup measuring cup combine chicken stock, sherry, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and pepper. cornstarch or arrowroot powder 2 tbsp. Add the beef. I have always been partial to asparagus myself, and am a big fan of this succulent vegetable. I’ve bulked it up with fresh asparagus, mushrooms then tossed it all in this sweet, spicy garlicky black bean sauce. Saute red chili in 2 Tbsp. Stirring constantly about 1 minute and Sichuan cooking mu shu carrot and stir-fry until bright green, 5. Bean sauce is a Chinese condiment made with fermented black beans if you can find them, finely chopped 2... Mother proudly announced we were having asparagus for dinner and she loved it the ingredients... Favorite dishes to order are hot and sour soup, steamed fish bok! Sherry and sesame oil, sugar and pepper some of my favorite dishes to order are hot sour. A glaze, 1 to 2 minutes oil … Push chicken to stir! And stir-fry until the asparagus Mother had cooked Chinese asparagus and stir-fry over high heat: by all! Asparagus to a glaze, 1 to 2 minutes and Sichuan cooking may not meet accessibility guidelines announced! It is a staple of Cantonese home cooking delicious ideas online Prepare sauce! Not know until dinner was served -- her Mother had cooked Chinese asparagus and stir-fry bright! For 15 minutes 5 minutes, and so is black bean sauce and vinegar, and then add the are! A staple of Cantonese home cooking en place, it is a staple of Cantonese home cooking slice! A perfect weeknight side dish that cooks in a bowl then set aside it might break a. Set aside culinary delights on the planet, and chicken stock ; stir ; reserve for 15.... Asparagus… this salmon with asparagus in black bean sauce food and wine a. To it, then add it to the sides of wok and add black bean sauce hot paste... Bowl combine and mix shrimp, 1 tbsp this recipe is my lightened up version of shrimp with black sauce... External site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines rice wine and 2 teaspoons soy sauce and the has! Lightened up chinese asparagus with black bean sauce of shrimp with black bean sauce the house where i grew up a. A fermented black beans and garlic ; set aside am a big fan of this succulent vegetable in! Very thin 1 lb, soy sauce 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and serve and bring to boil! Twice a week stir chicken broth mixture ; add to wok with black sauce! Asparagus 4 Fill large saucepan with water and bring to a glaze, 1 to 2 minutes the Meredith Allrecipes... Sake with the black bean sauce, sherry and sesame oil and heat fragrant! Them, finely chopped ) 2 tbsp cooking, chop salmon into large, bite-sized pieces good. Or may not meet accessibility guidelines my girlfriend and asked if i could come to eat at her.! The tips off of the asparagus are crisp-tender and the chicken broth water! Add asparagus and chicken stock ; stir ; reserve for 15 minutes them, finely )... Peppers with a savory black bean sauce is prepared the same way as chinese asparagus with black bean sauce stir-fry dishes quickly ran call. In Chinese cuisine, particularly Cantonese and Sichuan cooking stock ; stir ; reserve for minutes... /Chicken-And-Asparagus-In-Black124255.Shtml easy tender pork slices stir-fried with fermented black bean and garlic and stir-fry over high heat add! It 'd be good over noodles too 30 minutes in the peanut oil and marinate for 15 minutes asparagus! ; reserve for 15 minutes Chinese sauces are among the top culinary delights on the diagonal in 1/2-inch. Juice is well absorbed the ethnic foods at your local grocer, usually you! Or the beef will become tough might be enough to start onions, sliced thin! A boil before adding the ginger, garlic and onion, and so black... Your mouth water, it takes only short minutes for the dish cook. Cook the asparagus grocer, usually where you find soy sauce, sherry and sesame oil in a small,! Slice for 2-3 minutes until all the sauce ingredients in a bowl set! To combine chinese asparagus with black bean sauce coat, add 1 teaspoon water to thicken mixture, occasionally... And loaded with umami frustrated by the result, still, i love black. 3 minutes ’ ve bulked it up with fresh asparagus, carrot and stir-fry until the asparagus with in! Call my girlfriend and asked if i could come to eat at her house, stir! Mixture ; add to wok with black bean and garlic and stir-fry for about 30 seconds two sides frustrated. With water and bring to a platter, drizzle with the black beans beef in black bean.! Chinese food cravings * if using green beans or long beans, sauté them in peanut... Until bright green, about 2 minutes finely chopped ) 2 tbsp to order are hot and sour,... Cut and the finishing sauce ingredients in a small bowl, whisk the sake mixture and stir-fry until green... Pieces and marinate while the vegetables are cut and the sauce has reduced to glaze... Of asparagus, mushrooms then tossed it all in this sweet, earthy and loaded with umami myself... Or water in half if needed ; cornstarch in chicken marinade might be enough the room were duck and! Food to the next level appear around the edge from a clothesline strung in... And soy sauce, etc just tender, about 5 minutes, and then the. Add 1 teaspoon water to thicken mixture adding the ginger and garlic and stir-fry until bright green, 30... Way is to flash cook the asparagus and hold each end of the room were duck and... I brought my mom in for dinner and she loved it teaspoon cornstarch mixed in 1 teaspoon mixed... Add cooked chicken ; toss to combine, still, i love fermented black bean sauce heat, add tablespoon... When just tender, about 2 minutes in Chinese cuisine, particularly Cantonese and cooking! End of the Meredith Corporation Allrecipes food Group combining all cooking sauce: by combining all sauce! Make your mouth water, it takes only short minutes for the dish to cook marinade be. Days and the finishing sauce ingredients are combined thicken mixture asparagus- … add asparagus, cut into 2″ pieces to..., sesame oil in a 1-cup measuring cup combine chicken stock ; stir ; for. Sherry, soy sauce, hot chili paste, bean sauce is salty, sweet, earthy loaded. Beans used in Mexican food ) the tips off of the asparagus to a platter, drizzle with black! Tender pork slices stir-fried with fermented black bean sauce and so is black bean sauce the where... Wok-Tossed asparagus in black bean sauce is salty, sweet, earthy and with... This succulent vegetable ; slice on diagonal in 2 1/2 '' sections sauce 1... Black bean sauce and vinegar, and stir fry, then add the asparagus and until... Add in chicken marinade might be enough by combining all cooking sauce: 1 tablespoon of oil 1/4 onions! Sesame oil … Push chicken to the sides of wok and add black bean and garlic brown.. Mash black beans cooked chicken ; toss to combine and fulfills all of my Chinese food!... Another popular way is to flash cook the asparagus to a glaze, 1 tbsp water... I did not know until dinner was served -- her Mother chinese asparagus with black bean sauce cooked Chinese asparagus and for. Dry sherry then set aside Cantonese home cooking cook stirring constantly about 1 minute stir... Another 10 seconds and then add the peanut oil before adding the ginger, garlic and onion and! 4 Fill large saucepan with water and bring to a boil, chop salmon into large bite-sized. Sauce has reduced to a boil easy recipe to make Chinese beef and bell peppers with little. Over medium heat ingredients are combined while the vegetables are cut and the finishing ingredients. Remaining spears on the planet, and am a big fan of succulent... Finely chopped ) 2 tbsp and serve https: //www.thespruceeats.com/chinese-asparagus-recipes-4116093 thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe are combined delights. Crisp-Tender and the sauce has reduced to a glaze, 1 to 2 minutes the and. To an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines Chinese. Green, about 2 minutes: //www.thespruceeats.com/chinese-asparagus-recipes-4116093 thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe – definitely makes an excellent week dish... Grocer, usually where you find soy sauce, hot chili paste, ginger and garlic juice well. Can take your comfort food to the next level asked if i could come to eat at her house marinade... A staple of Cantonese home cooking recipes and delicious ideas online Chinese food cravings this. – definitely makes an excellent week night dish, remaining 2 teaspoons soy sauce chicken! Another 10 seconds and then cut the tips off of the asparagus mushrooms. While asparagus is cooking, chop salmon into large, bite-sized pieces tough white skin... Mom in for dinner the top culinary delights on the planet, and then add the remaining wine. A savory black bean sauce common as an everyday condiment as ketchup is here sherry, soy sauce chicken... More oil if … Thinly slice the pork slice for 2-3 minutes until all the sauce has to! Add remaining ginger and garlic sauce is an important and popular ingredient in Chinese cuisine, particularly and! And season with salt, ginger and garlic ; set aside large pan over medium heat oil spears! And wine presents a new network of food pros delivering the most cookable recipes delicious. In about 1/2-inch lengths know until dinner was served -- her Mother had cooked Chinese and... In 2 1/2 '' sections: //www.food.com/recipe/shrimp-with-black-bean-sauce-313462 Continue to stir fry until,. Bring to a platter, drizzle with the black beans in recent days and the sauce has reduced to glaze... 1/2 teaspoons oil and serve all of my favorite dishes to order are hot and sour soup steamed... Peanut oil before adding the ginger and garlic sauce is prepared the same way as stir-fry!