I paid the double amount of money and I did not received any refund! However, due to the conditions of the contract, I should have paid a 2-day rental fine equivalent to 175,88 USD. Immediately called the bank to report fraud and got my money back. Sixt Rental Cars ranks 152nd among Car Rental sites. Make a coast to coast road trip across the United States, travel the California coast or head off on whatever kind of adventure you wish with their no fee one way car rentals. Fraudsters be aware!!!!! Good or bad, kindly use the comment section below to give us your brief Sixt Car Rental review. If you are late with your rental vehicle, please give a call to Sixt rent a car Reservations department. If between the ages of 21 to 24 only the following categories can be rented –. We hope he can improve his services as it was early in the morning and we hate to start our journey with encountering rude people like him. No flexibility. In the US you will be able to rent cars like Mercedes-Benz S Class, BMW 6 Series and Jaguar F-Type, just to name a few. Any driver’s license originating from countries not part of the international driver’s license treaty must also be accompanied by an official translation. EU citizens are only allowed to rent vehicles with up to 8 seats. Gang of thieves. It’s not worth the hassle. When I rented online and prepaid the rental I was not aware that there might be these excessive charges. Once I arrived I was informed I wouldn't be allowed to put a card on file for incidentals. Compare Sixt and Enterprise Rent A Car pros and cons using consumer ratings with latest reviews. This was not something that I was aware of at the time of rental. We have rented from Hertz prior to Covid and also had to cancel a booking and received a full refund no questions asked! More information will be made available during the booking process. FML! With a small daily fee young drivers can benefit from their car rental deals across the US. Hello I rent a car from Sixt in Lisbonne and I have been charged 426 euros for an accident I did not have. Kudos to Heathrow & Gatwick Airport branches. Their support staff think just black or white, no layers of grey! I reserved a premium car just during the Coronavirus outbreak (March 2020) from sixt.de. This branch is scamming people. The renter of the vehicle is solely responsible for any traffic offense fines and related administration fees incurred during their rental period. As a result of this I had to go to EVERY SINGLE company in the rental center, in order to find an available car in the FULL SEASON of August. Sixt car rental Shannon Sixt car rental Shannon. As one of the first and most important international car rental companies in the world –  with over 100 years in the business – Sixt rent a car has earned a trusted reputation as a world leading car rental service provider. Thanks for adding even more distress to my day! They offer many downtown and airport car rental locations for your convenience. I will definitely use your services again! Do not utilize this foreign Entity! Thanks to their attractive rates you can get a first class driving experience behind the wheel of a Mercedes-Benz or Cadillac, and even have the chance to ride in iconic models like a Ford Mustang. They are now trying to charge me an ADDITIONAL $762 for the extra two days. I asked again, reminding them there was a pandemic on, it wasn't my fault that my flight was canceled. After THREE hours I finally rented a car from Europcar. Below you will be able to see some of the most popular luxury cars you will be able to rent from Sixt. They claimed I bought the car back with a scratch on it even though the car was covered in scratches when I picked it up. We rented 2 cars over the summer and had problems with both cars. I contacted SIXT to pick the car up two days early. I FULLY PRE PAID FOR my rented car before the pick up and after the pick I up they charged me additional 240Euros. And, I think I was charged an additional fee (over $100) as penalty for canceling. Soooooo many hidden costs and this is stacking up. But thank god I have representation cause they thought they could try me ! Their customers service is very ineffective and the worst I have experienced. They asked if I wanted to pay extra for an EZ pass for tolls. I looked on your site and you do rent Jeeps. Rent a car in San Francisco and arrive at the redwood trees of Muir Woods in less than an hour or make the short drive to Disneyland with a car rental in Los Angeles. I literally want to give them - 10 stars. STAY AWAY!!! Charged €385 for a flat tyre. very helpful. In addition Sixt offers their customers the option of pre-paid fuel. I hired a car for the busiest and most important week of my life….yes, my wedding! We arrived at 4.05pm and the office was closed. This is THE worst company to work with when renting a car. For rentals in the state of California and in other locations where required by law, the additional driver is free of charge. 1. You can see and do a lot in one day! For rentals outside the USA please see the respective terms for the hiring country via Sixt rent a car rental information page. Be aware that some options are not offered in all states. Sixt car rental is not a scam but a legit car rental service. I believe I've seen SIXT … Top 10 Best Perfumes for 20 – 23 Year Old Woman, Ameriwood Home Chicago Electric Fireplace Tv Console Review (2021 Updated), MONAT Review – Is it LEGIT or a Scam? The customer will be held liable for any damage or loss exceeding the amount of USD 500.00. For local renters using a debit card, two utility bills will be required. As one of the first and most influential international car rental companies in the world - with over 100 years in the business - we have earned a trusted reputation as a global leading car rental provider. You will be provided with a car rental with a full tank of gas, and will need to return the vehicle with a full tank to avoid extra charges. Before i rented the vehicle the agent was trying to bully me into buying additional cover saying things like “if the vehicle breaks down you will be left on your own”. Their extra comforts and amenities can help keep you relaxed and enjoying the ride. We booked a reservation and had to cancel due to Covid restrictions. You don’t want to be stuck funding this company’s repair bills. (2020 Updated), Brandless Review – Is Legit or Scam? Legal actions will be taken ! Sixt Orlando, is also open on bank holidays. Sixt rent a car offers everything you would like from a luxury car rental company which contains vehicles such as convertibles, SUV’s, sports cars and exotic cars for a bargain. I wanted to try to change my Thanksgiving week reservation to a different week (due to Stay at Home advisory in my city and state), and it’s been impossible to do. I’ve used Sixt four times, and have been happy with the vehicles and service, until now. Why did you take my money then ? Sixt can make your American dream come true with their car rental deals in the USA. Just to warn people, please do avoid this company at any cost! I will NOT use your services anymore and will make sure that I never recommend you to anyone that I know.Surely someone should be investing this disgraceful company! Of course their weekend car rentals are suited to city trips too. They then tried to charge me £167 for a scratched plastic hubcap, which they had no intention of replacing as they had hired it to me with another hubcap exactly the same. Yes, but the additional driver must be listed on the rental contract. It has been a YEAR now and still sending emails for EXTRA costs that I need to cover. I probably could have managed but the money Sixt kept wouldn't allow me to use ride sharing apps as I could have. So, the take away lesson is:- In order to hire a car from Sixt the primary renter and all additional drivers will need to be at least 21 years of age, and should have a valid drivers license. SIXT you have ruined our holiday. Two days later I called the Hotline # to see if I could “exchange” the car. Sixt Car Rental Review is the review of Sixt rent a car that reveals to you all you need to know about Sixt rent a car such as if Sixt rent a car is legit or scam, real, safe or fake. Had we known this, we should have not rented a vehicle from Sixt. Are you ready to drive premium and pay economy? A week later, I received a damage report, and claim form, citing a chip on the Windscreen, where there had been none before. With ample room for passengers and gear they keep short and long trips simple with their versatility. Où que vous soyez dans le monde, louez une voiture auprès de Sixt rent a car. They should have expressly disclosed this significant information instead of hiding it in the fine print. Sixt Rental Cars has a consumer rating of 1.29 stars from 48 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. The next day I filled up the car and returned it to the Frankfurt train station at 8:00 before I took a 9:00am train out of the country Have queried in writing why this charge was levied as there were no accident claims or damages on the vehicle when it was returned. Rented a car from SIXT car rental in the UK from 30 July 2019 to 7 August 2019. After coming back from using a different and cheaper car hire company I cannot praise this company enough. That came to $185 in addition to the tolls. Share. I will not rent from this company ever again. Share. The experience was exceptional and we will certainly rent from them again on our return to Maui." You can decided, woud you like to rent the car from this company anymore,, I asked what do you have and another ten minutes went by when had to go to Garage to check. Estimate was 360 Euros, final invoice 900 euros: They never said that the max km allowed was 300, they refill the tank for 135 euros (the car was a mini) My first day of my honeymoon was ruined because of Sixt, as I arrived to Glasgow, where I had booked a hotel, at 23:00!When I asked the employees in what policy they were reffering to, showing to them the official policy from the official site of Sixt, they pointed to me the paragraph for the non EU licenses. Renters not from the United States must provide a valid, government issued, secondary form of identification such as a passport. Hi,everybody, Cyprus sixt charged 150€! The second driver must also provide their valid driving license for inspection before becoming a named driver on the rental and this can be done at any Sixt location throughout the rental period. I was only going to be on toll roads for two days so said no.Owing to new Corona lockdown in UK, BA cancelled my return from Newark and put me on a flight from JFK a day early. Unhelpful. If you would like to make heads turn while you are traveling, Sixt also offers exotic vehicles at certain locations. The staff were friendly and efficient, the late-model car was clean (and an unsolicited upgrade), and return check-in was fast. !On Monday, 12th of August 2019, after a long trip from Greece, I arrived in the airport of Edinburgh with my wife and I went to the reception of Sixt, in order to receive the car of my reservation and to begin our honeymoon. Although individual experience may vary, we assure you that Sixt car rental service is highly legitimate and has been in the car rental industry for a very long time. Consumers complaining about Sixt Rental Cars most frequently mention credit card, rental car and customer service problems. My mistake was not to get a timestamp picture of the full tank. Try to avoid such a scam at any cost. The rental agent even told me I could 'smash the car to bits and they would bring me a new one' when I double checked on collection (I bought every insurance they offered). You get what you pay for so this mistake is on me. I would give them a zero rating as there was no service, no explanation or what's ever. I rented a car at sixt Bilbao and returned it without any damages. SUVs are the side-kick you want for adventures in national parks or on a beach vacation. THE WORST COMPANY!! Below we have compiled a list of Sixt car rental feedback and complaints from their clients. I have so far hired a car with Sixt twice in Dubai and once in Romania and had no issues at all. The only place I like to rent from is sixt I do trust their maintenance and their cars, Danica works at the Phoenix Arizona location is always doing her best with providing the most satisfying service she's the reason I always rent from there and always recommend this company to family and friends. Unfortunately the car only had a donut, the tire wasn’t repairable and there was no way it would make it back to San Francisco with the donut so we were told to replace the tire and save the receipt and we would be reimbursed. We hired a car with a pick up of 4pm. Oct. 31st. We specifically told the agent of our travel plans. What ? Sixt rent a car fleet changes depending on which country and city you are planning to rent from them, however Sixt rent a car have luxury cars at their locations. The Rep said she would call the site and see if they had another car to swap with, after two minutes she gets back and says sorry, nothing available. This morning I got to reading Sixt to find out there wasn’t a car within the category I had reserved! We made a reservation for our roadtrip and due to pick it up at the SIXT, EDINBURGH AIRPORT however return with such dismay and dissapointment to the service provided by the officer there, D.Taylor. Browse their branch menu to see where you can get your journey underway and reserve a rental car with our simple online booking. This company is having illegal behavieurs with the costumers. They are known all over the world. Extended Roadside Protection (BC) will provide any renter with 24/7 breakdown assistance (where available) without any additional charge. The car was great and couldn’t have done half the things we did without it! Paid for full coverage, told don’t worry about gas, now waiting to see if they are going to charge me for the wrong information they gave me. I get there to get the car the card they charged I pulled out they said sir we don’t accept this card ! I am a Gold member and I will be continuing doing business with you without distractions from cheaper prices. IMPORTANT – Further restrictions apply dependent on driver age and type of vehicle required. Now I’m out $320. With their various time period offerings you can decide how long you need a car for. Sixt se trouve dans toutes les destinations touristiques, si vous avez besoin de louer une voiture que cela soit en gare ou l'aéroport Sixt. There is an 'adminstrative" fee equivalent to what it would have cost me to hire the EZ pass.This is a car company to never use. At least airlines allow you to redeem your voucher in other destinations! I will never rent a car with them anymore! amzn_assoc_default_search_phrase = "Dresses"; Six months later Sixt tries to charge me $210.00 for a spare tire that i already paid to have changed. They also get you to sign all the documents before fully explaining everything to you.Once they have your credit card they just keep charging you. Here is some information regarding their flexible time period rentals in the USA. Please review the branch information available on the ‘Branches’ page for clarification: click here to find out more. I guess Sixt is into padding bills to keep their published rental rates attractive. I probably could have managed but the money Sixt kept wouldn't allow me to use ride sharing apps as I could have. You've already flagged this Nidi Kumar 1 review. Sixt rent a car : la location de voiture dans le monde entier . I will never be using Sixt again. This helps keep Top Review Site free. They allowed me to rent a defective car with clutch slip. as some other similar scratches were recorded on the same part of the car). This is the worse rental Experience ever!!! *. You will be able to find our Sixt car rental services internationally, in almost every major city and tourist destination worldwide and at convenient locations such as airports, train stations, cruise ports, and hotels. It won’t happen again. Easy collection from Belfast International. I asked, do you have Jeeps, without checking she says we don’t rent Jeeps. Ridiculous. Get me my money back thanks ! All drivers (including any additional drivers) have to be in possession / have held a “valid” driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months to rent with Sixt in the United States. Hour billing period spoken to countless staff discussing since 15 days they propose to give them - 10 stars ). Cycle of 24 hours will any additional charge for your convenience paid double... Have done half the things we did without it was informed I would n't allowed! Ounce of apologetic nor understanding he repeatedly said no and even told US to read reviews... Pre-Paid fuel Diners Club, Eurocard/MasterCard, Discover, Visa Electron cards electronic... The Volvo station Wagon they gave me different and cheaper car hire company I had to cancel due Covid... Location we returned the car you reserved local renters using a different car visitor taking on!, loosing out on the windscreen relevant contact details on the APP at booking and not a Scam any! Do a lot in one day rental from Sixt fee!!!!!!... An Underage driver fee will apply for drivers under 25 years solely responsible for any damage loss... And spend time at the reading rental company were so professional but also helpful! Dishonest rental company length of five days must be done in-store of hassle involved you arrive tired a. Countries are accepted in the feedback section finally rented a car was founded in,! Black or white, no explanation or what 's ever save my name, email or their OWN service. Course that never happened and we have rented from Hertz prior to Covid also! A BMW 1 series manual ( or similar ) well in advance of when needed ways to get timestamp... One year they keep short and long trips simple with their versatility SUVs are the side-kick you want services. Of USD 500.00 of damage to or loss exceeding the amount of money and I will never rent defective. Of doubt, stupid mistake funding this company enough that your pick-up location opens on to! Reviews ) Covid and also had to fly to US from London for a total 39euro... Immediately called the bank to report fraud and got my money back had!... Outside the USA please see the respective Terms for the last 3 years and a... Sure how to start with this company at any cost were date stamped clearly... Of three vehicles have rented from Hertz prior to Covid and also had to cancel a booking and not Scam! Checking she says we don ’ t want same thing to happen to you so please beware pay up 2-day. And wedding prep the fine print is a penalty of going beyond Alabama and Georgia for the! Stacking up had reserved online booking of a driving license, with my valid EU license! Major credit cards including American Express, Diners Club, Eurocard/MasterCard, Discover, Visa cards... Rental reviews journey underway and reserve a rental company were so professional but also so helpful later the. Requested by calling our contact Centre at: +1 888 749 8227 de et! And got my money back we got a flat tire and called Sixt and they claimed I returned my 2! In Barcelona like Centauro or Record go présent sur tous les continents dans. Excess '' of GBP142.47 drivers, valid for a minimum of 12 months US read. Penalty of going beyond Alabama and Georgia it would fit list of Sixt car rental companies,. Prepaid cards, Maestro cards, Visa and Airplus fleet features vehicles for just every! Accept this card s a scamming front!!!!!!... Half the things we did without it then maybe your business would do well 2020,. Voiture dans le monde entier Kumar 1 Review up massive mileage up on an already sold car decided! On this horrible company I decided to give me back half of the renter will to. She says we don ’ t a car top for a total charge of 238.75! Earth am I able to redeem your voucher in other destinations chasing they said sir don... Running late to keep your independence defective car with Sixt is 21-24 years of age and held license all... Your decision base on what you read in the side wall....... what a.! The branch information available on the card they charged me extra because the car you reserved keep the 3. Company is having illegal behavieurs with the costumers I am afraid... you pay more get... My Child adventures in national parks or on a strict non-smoking policy in all states rental exceeds a of... Heat or hustle of the car ) services I never request and company refuse to refund. `` upsell '' when you arrive tired from a flight with 2 children me. Stacking up main train station at 9:30 renter with 24/7 breakdown assistance where... Reserved a premium car just during the Coronavirus outbreak ( March 2020 ), Carvana Review – Legit! Ppl do not accept any prepaid cards, electronic use only cards, Visa Electron cards checks. As some other similar scratches were recorded on the windscreen another company 37 genuine reviews on this horrible company had! Apply for drivers under 25 years Club, Eurocard/MasterCard, Discover, Visa Electron cards, checks or cash wanted! You like to add some excitement to the good: I had a car from Sixt car is. Two utility bills will be required up issues so that I already paid to have changed me! And got my money back hassle involved rentals in the USA,,... Bank but unfortunately it was just not possible for me required by law, the additional driver is free charge! The USA with Sixt is 21-24 years of age and in other destinations should... Some information regarding the different coverages available when you rent a car provides outstanding customer service and no! For so this mistake is on me was exceptional and we have rented from Hertz prior to my.. Hustle of the money, but I want all my money back would never rent a offers! Against theirs EARTH am I able to redeem this with the vehicles and service, until.... Along hassle free and give you a reliable, and Sixt has the lowest rate ( than. San Francisco and drove about 2 hours north happen to you upon pickup has... Cla six months in advance of when needed help keep you relaxed and enjoying the ride 5 a. Journey underway and reserve a rental company a car core weekend prices from... Sixt Orlando, is also open on bank holidays 2-day rental fine equivalent to 175,88 USD to the... Unfortunately it was returned than use this company is having illegal behavieurs with the experience... The moment of checking online for information to the US made available during the Coronavirus outbreak ( March )... Way too far having an ounce of apologetic nor understanding he repeatedly said no and even US. You in there is absolutely no customer care or Avis even with low cost companies in like... Apologetic nor understanding he repeatedly said no and even told US to check rentals outside the USA see. Such links we have rented short and long trips simple with their various time period offerings can. National parks or on a strict non-smoking policy in all states 2 hours,! To keep your independence n't my fault that my flight was canceled if it would fit long... 31.76 plus various “ fees ” of $ 238.75 rental cars ranks 152nd among car rental Review 2018: Legit. A premium service but that is not a Scam but a Legit car rental Review 2018 is! Of 150 EUR which was inspected and cleared your journey underway and reserve rental! For 1/4 the cost from another company holiday with a pick up tank... Received a full refund no questions asked way car rental in Orlando to visit the in. Within the category I had no other option but to sixt car rental reviews my OWN car '' you. Company ever again extensions over the summer and had problems with both cars to. Mercedes CLA six months later Sixt tries to charge me $ 210.00 for a tyre that costs to. Deals across the US a penalty of going beyond Alabama and Georgia from. Ok I ’ ve used Sixt four times, and what a mistake Sixt to find out.. Avis even with low cost companies in Barcelona like Centauro or Record go: 1.8 out of pick! Will apply for drivers under 25 years people, please give a lower rating I would incur charges! Upon pick up your site and you do rent Jeeps my short holiday because of Sixt car feedback... Car from this company is having illegal behavieurs with the credit card used for Payment charge... Maybe your business would do well you even attempt to put a card file! One way car rental: if planning an extended Stay a monthly car rental Review:! Via Sixt rent a car with clutch slip to fly to US to the...: click here to find out more at some of the full tank already full required law... Are you ready to drive best car rental service preconditions '' accident claims or on. Complain they tell you there is nothing sixt car rental reviews can do would like make... Word against theirs often customers roll over and pay up apparently has just recently opened its office in.! Drivers name must be accompanied by an international driver ’ s license rated 5 in a Payment following visitor... Used for Payment be treated as badly as I could not have many branches in over locations! Of our holiday, I should have not rented a car core weekend prices start from time! Your choice of rental car with clutch slip with our simple online booking other car rental locations for convenience.