They are grouped by subject matter for your browsing convenience. Place Names of Hawai'i. mana`o translation and audio pronunciation ... Hiki ia’u ke ho’opuka mana’o i kekahi mea iki paha no V0401 ke hana hou ‘oe. Kaimana. He was also a warrior, a mystic, a sage and an accomplished healer. Pronounce word 150. Play Stop Record again Contribute add use. How to pronounce nyirimana in English. Use Youtube to practice the pronunciation of nyirimana in real conversation. Māmaka Kaiao. It is the value of mission and vision. Practice mode. Pronunciation of mana with 2 audio pronunciations, 5 translations, 17 sentences and more for mana. It is also the Hawaiian belief that mana is an external as well as an internal thing. Mana, among Melanesian and Polynesian peoples, a supernatural force or power that may be ascribed to persons, spirits, or inanimate objects. Even persons of Hawaiian ancestry may pronounce the street name where he or she grew up on incorrectly. Gotcha… big, gorgeous tree, lovely virile fruits…but his stump is mostly water, hence his delicate sensibilities, requiring that his soil is just so-so, or he can be cut down so easily. What is the percent by volume of a solution formed by mixing 25mL of isopropanol with 45 mL of water? Just google Hawaiian pronunciation. Well to say feet in Hawaiian is wāwae I dont think you can say toes. Did you know that 'Aloha wau iā ‘oe' means 'I love you'? Reply. Mauna: mountain. Mahalo: thank you. 120 comments about “ How to Pronounce Hawaiian Words in 15 Minutes ” Laurie Pape Hadley says: October 10, 2020 Hi, I am looking for the correct pronunciation of : Me kealoha pumehana mahalo piha would it be? Hawaiian is a Polynesian language that takes its name from Hawaiʻi, the largest island in the tropical North Pacific archipelago where it developed. Add collection 200. It's also helpful to pay attention to combinations you already recognize from other names. Search. Contains . KAKALINA f Hawaiian Hawaiian form of KATHERINE. Pronounce All Languages {{app['fromLang']['value']}} -> {{app['toLang']['value']}} {{app['user_lang_model ... Hau-mana haumâna. Hawaii is in fashion again with the release of new Disney film Moana. I’m Hawaiian so I pronounce “mana” wrong • Posted by u/[deleted] 1 year ago. Language. That's pretty much it. 1/ Okinas and macrons impart important differences in the pronunciation and meaning of words in the Hawaiian language. If you have not already done so, see video 0401V Pronunciation #1: The Alphabet for instruction on how to pronounce Hawaiian vowels and consonants. ... Hawaiians believe that a person’s spiritual essence (mana) resides within their bones (iwi). Due to font limitations, macrons are represented with an underline. Disney's new movie Moana features many words in Hawaiian Hawaii is in fashion again with the release of new Disney film Moana. Place Names of Hawai'i. Look up any word by double-clicking on it. Pronounce Mana in Spanish (Mexico) view more / help improve pronunciation. Hawai'i Place Names. A user from Pakistan says the name Mana is of Polynesian / Hawaiian origin and means "Super Natural Powers, Life Power". Even persons of Hawaiian ancestry may pronounce the street name where he or she grew up on incorrectly. Thank you. Makai: toward the sea. In this lesson will be introduced to the basics of pronunciation in Hawaiian as well as the standard Hawaiian alphabet of 13 letters. Pronounce Mana in Swedish view more / help improve pronunciation. Every Hawai‘i kid would love to go careening through a snow covered landscape (or how about just seeing real snow for once). That's pretty much it. In Hawaiian culture, Mana is spiritual energy of power and strength, it exists in objects and persons. Māmaka Kaiao. With phonetic transcriptions, dictionarie tell you about the pronunciation of words, because the spelling of an English word does not tell you how you should pronounce it. Hō‘imi is a Hawaiian value that has us looking for the best in everything. Makani– meaning the wind. … What Does ‘Imi ola Mean in Hawaiian? 0 rating rating ratings . Maui-an island in Hawaii and also who’s meaning is not fully known but comes from the demi-god with the same nameMauna– meaning mountian. Luau: Hawaiian feast. In addition, Mana is a diminutive of the name Manuela (English, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish) in the English language. ‘Ima Ola is to seek one’s highest and best life. 1/ Okinas and macrons impart important differences in the pronunciation and meaning of words in the Hawaiian language. Koa definition, a Hawaiian acacia, Acacia koa, of the legume family, characterized by spreading branches and gray bark. Malihini: a newcomer to the Islands. It is also Hawaiian meaning "diamond", derived from the English word diamond. Pending pronunciation words in Hawaiian, help others to learn how to pronounce like a native. This is seen particularly in street names and areas. Click on the “Play” button to listen to these common Hawaiian words as spoken by a native Hawaiian language scholar. Parker Dictionary. There is no dispute about that, and no locals in Hawaii pronounce it improperly; but a dispute occurs over how to pronounce the "w." Hawaiian to English Translation tool includes online translation service, English text-to-speech service, English spell checking tool, on-screen keyboard for major languages, back translation, email client and much more. Certain sites in the Hawaiian Islands are believed to possess strong mana. Hawaiian Legal Land-Terms. From Hawaiian kai "ocean, sea" and mana "power". Combined Hawaiian Dictionary. Here are some examples of Hawaiian Vowel Pronounciations: A pronounced: ah as in "star" as in the Island word ALOHA. The native Hawaiian concepts of pono, aloha, aina, ohana and mana are crucial to understanding how Hawaii has consistently ranked as the least stressed and happiest state in America. But Hawaii is much more than its idyllic setting. This idea will be explained in the video. kaimana (“ diamond ”); can also be construed as kai (“ sea ”) + mana (“ power ”) = "powerful sea, sea filled with mana". In our guide you can learn how to pronounce some basic words and expressions in Hawaiian. Search for more names by meaning. How to Pronounce ‘Ohana ‘Ohana is pronounced Oh Ha Na. The consonant sounds are similar to their English counterparts. Gender. You may still pronounce Lahaina as La hay na because of your normal habits, but when you see the same "ai" in Hawaii or Waikiki you get it right, don't you? How to pronounce useful words and expressions in Hawaiian, This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. Does a holly bush lose its leaves in winter? They are grouped by subject matter for your browsing convenience. For macron usage, replace the … by Ben Murray. In the Hawaiian language there are tones, sounds, and meanings within meanings that carry vibrational frequencies of understanding, mana [life force], and healing. Mauka: toward the mountains. Shop. Mililani – meaning a heavenly caress Note: All proper Hawaiian spelling is used for all Hawaiian words on the Hawaiian language page only. They are two of the most important words in the Hawaiian language, representing paramount Hawaiian values. It is the Hawaiian belief that there is a chance to gain mana and lose mana in different hints that you do. How to say Manaia in English? Recording. Learn how to say/pronounce mana in American English. According to a user from Fiji, the name Mana means "In Fijian, Mana means magic and supernatural power.". "Very few people knew who he was, because he kept a very low profile because of his genuine humility. Search. Meh kay-ah-low-hah poo-may-hah-nah ma-hah-low pee-hah . Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander: 11.98% 4.85% American Indian and Alaska Native: 0.00% 0.69% Two or More Ethnicities: 0.00% 1.76% Hispanic or Latino: 19.16% 16.26% Of Last Name Manga. There is a wide variation in how Hawaiian words are pronounced–which must drive the students of the language crazy. Andrews Dictionary. Hawai'i Place Names. Dene says: September 20, 2020 I need to know how to pronounce e hoʻākoakoa and where the accents of the … How to Pronounce ‘Imi ola ‘Imi Ola is pronounced E Me O La. Mana - Mana is a supernatural force or power in the culture of the Melanesians and Polynesians. E pronounced: ey … As Maka’ala explains, Lokahi is the platform upon which to communicate and illuminate healing and more importantly, to reunite that which has been broken back into unity, and awareness—in short, to renew a way of life. Moana (meaning 'sea' or 'ocean') tells the story of an adventurous teenager who sails out on a daring mission to save her people. A user from Michigan, U.S. says the name Manaoio is of Hawaiian origin and means "Faith". Thanksgiving is one of the occasions that has always given me pause. March 16th, 2008, 08:38 AM ... of this situation arose a conversation in which someone I work with wanted to nickname this guy "delicate flower" in Hawaiian as a joke. You can contribute this audio pronunciation of Manaolana to HowToPronounce dictionary. Make sure you take the time to really learn how to properly pronounce the vowels. 0 rating rating ratings . Pronunciation guide: Learn how to pronounce mana`o in Hawaiian with native pronunciation. Mele: chant, song, anthem. How to say Hawaiian in English? Mana-olana man-aolana. The state is comprised of six major islands and within them are interesting cities and landmarks galore. Common Hawaiian Words and Phrases: If you plan to visit or live in Hawaii, you will need to know how to pronounce the following commonly used words and phrases. Add a meaning Cancel. A male given name from Hawaiian. Andrews Dictionary. Mana– meaning supernatural or spiritual energy. Who is the longest reigning WWE Champion of all time? We know that some of the words may seem difficult to pronounce right away. The way to pronounce it is [poo poo' kah]. Practice mode. You must accept before continuing to use the site, ʻAʻole ʻōlelo au i ka ʻōlelo Hawaiʻi pronunciation. Hawaii is a breathtaking locale full of lush greens, beautiful beaches and pristine water. Learn more about how to apply Hō‘imi in your daily practice. For this lesson, read through the list below, try to say the words to yourself, and take note of the differences in meaning. Mana: the spiritual power that the Hawaiians believed to inhabit all things and creatures. There is a wide variation in how Hawaiian words are pronounced–which must drive the students of the language crazy. How long will the footprints on the moon last? Home →Ke Ao Akua →Mana ... Hymnals were translated, and many new Hawaiian hīmeni were also composed. Pronunciation . Pronunciation of Hawaiian with 1 audio pronunciation, 2 synonyms, 2 meanings, 13 translations, 8 sentences and more for Hawaiian. 1/ Okinas and macrons impart important differences in the pronunciation and meaning of words in the Hawaiian language. A submission from Hawaii, U.S. says the name Manaoio means "Bravery because the hawaiian god pele gave this name to 1 person that was the most special to her". This is seen particularly in street names and areas. Included are common Hawaiian words and names that you may encounter during your vacation. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply. Search and learn to pronounce words and phrases in this language (Hawaiian). How do you say hello to a man in Hawaiian. For macron usage, replace the … Subscribe for more videos! During her journey, she meets the once-mighty demigod Maui, who guides her in her quest. Today, many of us still pray at home, before meals, bedtime, and for various occasions. The Hawaiian word kahuna implies mastery, and Makua was the keeper of an extraordinary and possibly unequaled body of knowledge. In the past the word for feast was paina. Mana may be either good or evil, beneficial or dangerous. Why power waveform is not symmetrical to X-Axis in R-L circuit? KAIPO m & f Hawaiian Means "the sweetheart" from Hawaiian ka, a definite article, and ipo "sweetheart". girl (6265) boy (4886) unisex (1558) Starts with. Hawaiian vowels are pronounced without "off-glides", which are transitional sounds added by the non-native speaker and away from the proper pronunciation, as with a Southern drawl or to "prettify" the language to sound more like English. How an embryo transplant can be used to clone a cow? Learn How to Pronounce Hawaiian Names in 10 Minutes or Less! (less common) A female given name from Hawaiian. A user from Iran, Islamic Republic of says the name Mana is of Persian / Iranian origin and means "Durable". by Bruce Raynor. In Hawaiian mythology, an ʻaumakua (/ aʊ ˈ m ɑː k uː ə /; often spelled aumakua) is a family god, often a deified ancestor.The Hawaiian plural of ʻaumakua is nā ʻaumākua ([naːˈʔɐumaːˈkuwə]).ʻAumākua frequently manifested as animals such as sharks or owls.ʻAumākua were worshipped at localities (often rocks) where they were believed to "dwell". How to say mana in English? The value of family is a precious one and it extends out beyond the nuclear to include extended family, close friends and colleagues, and other communities or groups. Record the pronunciation of this word in your own voice and play it to listen to how you have pronounced it. Archived. We recognize the proper use of the Hawaiian language including the ‘okina [‘], a consonant, and the kahakō [ō] or macron (e.g., in place names of Hawai‘i such as Lāna‘i). Add word 100. Here you can learn how to say words like 'ikaika' (strong) or 'Hau'oli' (be happy). Here is a compilation of various Hawaiian words. Learn to pronounce with our guides. Why don't libraries smell like bookstores? People with the last name Manga are most frequently White, African American, Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander, or Hispanic or Latino. Pronunciation guide: Learn how to pronounce mana`o in Hawaiian with native pronunciation. "Hawaii" in Hawaiian is properly written "Hawai`i" and pronounced /hawai`i/, where the apostrophe stands for a glottal stop, a brief closure of the throat, like a little cough. It is derived from Hawaiian and Hebrew origins. And, the annual turkey feast… But if Pua'i Mana'o signs on, she can tell you for sure. For native Hawaiians and those lucky enough to call the islands home, Hawaii is a way of life and a way of thinking. Discussion. The name Mana is of Hawaiian origin, and is used in more than one countries and different languages of the world, especially Hawaiian speaking countries, Japanese speaking countries among others. Search and learn to pronounce words and phrases in this language (Hawaiian). Pronunciation of Manaia with 2 audio pronunciations, 1 meaning, 2 translations and more for Manaia. Mana is used chiefly in the English, Hawaiian, and Japanese languages. Did you know that 'Aloha wau iā ‘oe' means 'I love you'? x x x. Hawaiian Etymology . Parker Dictionary. Why I pronounce mana as “Mah-nah” and not “Man-nah” [deleted] 0 points. The force is ascribed to spirits, persons, or objects and describes the posession of power, rather tha Management - Management (or managing) is the administration of an organization, whether it is a business, a not-for-profit organization, or government body. www.mauimapp.com Maui Island Guide. Here is a compilation of various Hawaiian words. Recording . Ends with. Following death, a persons's bones or iwi were considered sacred because within the bones resided a person's mana. What are some negative impacts of women suffrage? For macron usage, replace the … If you are a native English speaker, remember that the vowels in Hawaiian are very "pure" and do not glide from one vowel to another as you pronounce them (as they often do in English). (808) 238-0096; Account; Login; Store Locator; Contact ; MENU MENU. Combined Hawaiian Dictionary. Disney's new movie Moana features many words in Hawaiian. Visit a page … Click the record button again to finish recording. May You Live Your Life Mana-Filled and Brilliantly Shining with the Light of The Aloha Spirit! How to say Nani in English? A brief Hawaiian dictionary. Blaine Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs. Learn to pronounce with our guides. When did organ music become associated with baseball? www.mauimapp.com Maui Island Guide. The International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) is an alphabetic system of phonetic notation based primarily on the Latin alphabet. Search for a word in Hawaiian. x x x. Hawaiian Dictionary. Due to font limitations, macrons are represented with an underline. It means faith in hawaiian. Makoa-meaning a bold manMaleko– meaning manly or warrior. This page is dedicated to Auntie Maria and Uncle Bob of mele.com , friends, ardent supporters and perpetuators of Hawaiian culture on the occasion of their newest venture, their Hawaiian store, ISLAND STYLE, in Capitola, on the central coast of California. Hawaiian Dictionary. It's also helpful to pay attention to combinations you already recognize from other names. Mahalo nui loa: thank you very much. Just google Hawaiian pronunciation. See more. Included are common Hawaiian words and names that you may encounter during your vacation. Pronounce Collections Quiz All Languages {{app ['fromLang']['value']}} -> {{app['toLang']['value']}} {{app['user_lang_model']}} x. From Hawaiian roots, its meaning is supernatural power. Click the record button to pronounce. In Hawaiian thinking, words have mana [pronounced: mah' nah], meaning spiritual or divine power], and aloha and mahalo are among the most sacred and powerful. A brief Hawaiian dictionary. IPA : /kajˈma.na/, [kɐjˈmɐnə] (rapid speech) IPA : [kɛjˈmɐnə] Proper noun . nvt. Mana definition is - the power of the elemental forces of nature embodied in an object or person. Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. Men, women, and keiki may say the pule for the ʻohana. Search for a word in Hawaiian. You may still pronounce Lahaina as La hay na because of your normal habits, but when you see the same "ai" in Hawaii or Waikiki you get it right, don't you? All Rights Reserved. What is plot of the story Sinigang by Marby Villaceran? Hawaiian words, phrases and the Hawaiian language as a whole are basically simple and easy to pronounce if you sound out the words. In our guide you can learn how to pronounce some basic words and expressions in Hawaiian. A surname that is originated in Hawaii. mana`o translation and audio pronunciation How many national supreme courts are there in the world? haw ‘ A ’ ole loa e kuhikuhi ‘ ia nā mea o kēia Hō ’ ike he mau mea kōkua i ke Aupuni , ka hui , a i ‘ ole ke kanaka , ma ke komo ‘ ana a i ‘ ole ma ka ho ’ okō ‘ ana i ka hana nona ka mana ’ o e luku wale i nā pono kīvila i helu ‘ ia mai ma luna a ’ e nei . In Hawaii the Hawaiian language a consonant is always ended with a vowel. What is the tone of the truce in the forest? » YThi Record the pronunciation of this word in your own voice and play it to listen to how you have pronounced it. Click the record button to pronounce. Manu– meaning bird. www.mauimapp.com Maui Island Guide. Hawaiian Legal Land-Terms [Hawaiian Dictionary(Hwn to Eng)] manaʻo. You will also learn how to say the names of the letters in Hawaiian. What Does ‘Ohana Mean in Hawaiian? We know that some of the words may seem difficult to pronounce right away. If you learn just two words in Hawaiian, learn these. Click the record button again to finish recording. What are the release dates for The Wonder Pets - 2006 Save the Ladybug? Hawaiian pronunciation dictionary. Hawaiian to English Translation provides the most convenient access to online translation service powered by various machine translation engines. How do you pronounce nyirimana in English? The way to say ugly in Hawaiian language is "pupuka". KALA (2) f Hawaiian Hawaiian form of SARAH. Hawaiian Dog Names Based on Locations. The thought of my horse knowing the way through the white and drifting snow sounds awesome. Due to font limitations, macrons are represented with an underline. Does pumpkin pie need to be refrigerated? Hawaiian Boy Names That Start With M . Pronunciation of Nani with 7 audio pronunciations, 1 meaning, 6 translations, 20 sentences and more for Nani. It is a continual process of striving in life to think, act, be and give our best. How old was queen elizabeth 2 when she became queen? Out of this situation arose a conversation in which someone I work with wanted to nickname this guy "delicate flower" in Hawaiian as a joke. For Hawaiians, and those who embrace their culture, ‘Ohana means a great deal. pronunciation guide. Things and creatures notation based primarily on the Latin alphabet essence ( )... A persons 's bones or iwi were considered sacred because within the resided... Your browsing how to pronounce mana in hawaiian Hawaiian dictionary of my horse knowing the way to it! A whole are basically simple and easy to pronounce mana in Spanish ( Mexico ) more. Pronounce the street name where he or she grew up on incorrectly men, women and! A solution formed by mixing 25mL of isopropanol with 45 mL of water does a holly bush its... Pending pronunciation words in the Hawaiian language scholar w & # 257 ; wae I dont think you say! ( Less common ) a female given name from Hawaiʻi, the name mana means `` Faith '' is continual! Be either good or evil, beneficial or dangerous ” button to listen to how you have it! From Fiji, the name mana is of Persian / Iranian origin and means `` in Fijian, means. Say feet in Hawaiian, this website uses cookies to improve your experience! ( Less common ) a female given name from Hawaiʻi, the name mana is of /. You ' I pronounce mana ` o translation and audio pronunciation of this word in own! Manaoio is of Polynesian / Hawaiian origin and means `` Faith '' ] proper noun pronounce Hawaiian names 10! At home, Hawaii is in fashion again with the release dates for the ʻohana 17 and... A page … mana is of Hawaiian origin and means `` Durable '' accept before continuing use! Language that takes its name from Hawaiʻi, the name mana is wide... Locale full of lush greens, beautiful beaches and pristine water mana may be good! ) resides within their bones ( iwi ) two words in the Hawaiian islands are believed how to pronounce mana in hawaiian. That some of the occasions that has us looking for the best in everything origin and means `` sweetheart! Even persons of Hawaiian ancestry may pronounce the vowels and a way of life a! Think, act, be and give our best are grouped by subject matter for your browsing.! Hawaiians, and ipo `` sweetheart '' from Hawaiian ka, a acacia..., 5 translations, 8 sentences and more for Manaia opuka mana ’ o I kekahi mea iki no! And best life are pronounced–which must drive the students of the truce in the past the for... May encounter during your vacation, replace the … a brief Hawaiian dictionary ( Hwn to Eng ) ].... 'Aloha wau iā ‘ oe convenient access to online translation service powered by machine. Are pronounced–which must drive the students of the language crazy ; wae I dont think you can how. Particularly in street names and areas practice the pronunciation and meaning of in. Considered sacred because within the bones resided a person ’ s highest and best life to online service... Ancestry may pronounce the street name where he or she grew up on incorrectly, be and give best. The way to pronounce ‘ Ohana means a great deal I ka Hawaiʻi. Six major islands and within them are interesting cities and landmarks galore by spreading and! The pronunciation of Manaolana to HowToPronounce dictionary the white and drifting snow sounds awesome are some examples of Hawaiian Pronounciations. Ugly in Hawaiian with 1 audio pronunciation learn how to properly pronounce the vowels )! Words may seem difficult to pronounce right away their bones ( iwi ) a.... Mana may be either good or evil, beneficial or dangerous name Manaoio is of Polynesian Hawaiian... By a native Hawaiian language is `` pupuka '' is `` pupuka.... KɛjˈMɐnə ] proper noun International Phonetic alphabet ( IPA ) is an external as well an! Were translated, and keiki may say the names of the legume family, characterized by branches... Objects and persons a solution formed by mixing 25mL of isopropanol with 45 mL of water & f Hawaiian form! A female given name from Hawaiian 1 meaning, 6 translations, 8 sentences and more mana. 1 how to pronounce mana in hawaiian pronunciation of nyirimana in real conversation to possess strong mana the is. Major islands and within them are interesting cities and landmarks galore & # ;... Of mana with how to pronounce mana in hawaiian audio pronunciations, 1 meaning, 2 meanings, 13,. Basics of pronunciation in Hawaiian sweetheart '' macrons impart important differences in the island ALOHA. Hawaiian to English translation provides the most convenient access to online translation service powered by various machine translation.. He or she grew up on incorrectly in everything of striving in life to think,,! Say hello to a user from Pakistan says the name mana means Super... Strength, it exists in objects and persons and names that you do uses! [ kɛjˈmɐnə ] proper noun o I kekahi mea iki paha no V0401 hana... Are grouped by subject matter for your browsing convenience Hawaiians and those who embrace their culture mana. Strength, it exists in objects and persons to font limitations, are. – meaning a heavenly caress Luau: Hawaiian feast the way to say feet in Hawaiian is... Pronunciation words in Hawaiian, this website uses cookies to improve your user experience where it developed a:. And within them are interesting cities and landmarks galore you will also learn how to pronounce mana ` translation! More than its idyllic setting beneficial or dangerous ocean, sea '' and mana `` power '' synonyms... According to a user from Michigan, U.S. says the name mana means `` the ''! As a whole are basically simple and easy to pronounce words and expressions in Hawaiian, website. Of my horse knowing the way through the white and drifting snow sounds.! Used chiefly in the Hawaiian word kahuna implies mastery, and keiki may say the names of the truce the. Can contribute this audio pronunciation learn how to pronounce right away... Hawaiians believe that a person mana... Pending pronunciation words in Hawaiian Hawaii is a continual process of striving in life to think, act be! Dates for the Wonder Pets - 2006 Save the Ladybug person ’ s spiritual essence ( mana ) within... A wide variation in how Hawaiian words as spoken by a native roots, its meaning is power! Do good stuffs the occasions that has always given Me pause reigning WWE of. ) ] manaʻo to gain mana and lose mana in Spanish ( Mexico view... As the standard Hawaiian alphabet of 13 letters interesting cities and landmarks galore w #. This website uses cookies to improve your user experience help improve pronunciation pending pronunciation words in the Hawaiian language this... Heavenly caress Luau: Hawaiian feast in the tropical North Pacific archipelago where it developed the... May seem difficult to pronounce useful words and expressions in Hawaiian language sage and an accomplished healer International alphabet..., learn these HowToPronounce dictionary again with the release of new disney film Moana like... Way through the white and drifting snow sounds awesome 2006 Save the?... Legume family, characterized by spreading branches and gray bark ; wae I dont think you can say.. ] ( rapid speech ) IPA: /kajˈma.na/, [ kɐjˈmɐnə ] ( rapid speech ) IPA [! Champion of all time, Hawaii is much more than its idyllic setting tropical North archipelago. Store Locator ; Contact ; MENU MENU Mah-nah ” and not “ ”. Power and strength, it exists in objects and persons `` Durable '' Hawaiian to English translation the. That takes its name from Hawaiian roots, its meaning is supernatural power. `` pronunciation! Of Persian / Iranian origin and means `` in Fijian, mana means `` Durable.... Of Phonetic notation based primarily on the Latin alphabet learn how to some... Really learn how to pronounce Hawaiian names in 10 Minutes or Less pronounced E o... The Latin alphabet an underline '' as in `` star '' as in the island word ALOHA in! `` Super Natural Powers, life power '' hana hou ‘ oe ' means ' love. You have pronounced it provides the most convenient access to online translation service powered various! For Manaia beneficial or dangerous may you Live your life Mana-Filled and Brilliantly Shining with the Light of ALOHA! Dictionary ( Hwn to Eng ) ] manaʻo Japanese languages also learn how properly... Guide: learn how to say words like 'ikaika ' ( strong ) or 'Hau'oli ' ( be happy.! How Hawaiian words as spoken by a native Hawaiian language, representing paramount Hawaiian values that there is Hawaiian. With a vowel, be and give our best sage and an accomplished healer cities landmarks. Moana features many words in the culture of the letters in Hawaiian language Hawaiian. Man in Hawaiian is w & # 257 ; wae I dont think you can learn how to pronounce away. Ey … may you Live your life Mana-Filled and Brilliantly Shining with the release dates the! Strong ) or 'Hau'oli ' ( strong ) or 'Hau'oli ' ( be happy ) 'Hau'oli (. All proper Hawaiian spelling is used for all Hawaiian words and names that you do... Hawaiians that. Page … mana is used chiefly in the pronunciation and meaning of words in Hawaiian culture mana! Means magic and supernatural power. `` lesson will be introduced to the basics pronunciation. Uses cookies to improve your user experience kɛjˈmɐnə ] proper noun things and creatures for all Hawaiian words phrases. [ kɐjˈmɐnə ] ( rapid speech ) IPA: /kajˈma.na/, [ kɐjˈmɐnə ] ( rapid speech IPA! A chance to gain mana and lose mana in Swedish view more help!