I do not put it within the top few inches of my hair or it looks dirty. Co-washing can be a game-changer for those with dry, wavy or curly, coarse or medium-textured, and/or color-treated hair. To some extent, yes. Required fields are marked *. While shampooing, focus on your scalp and use a quarter-sized amount. I carried on with cleansing my body and face so that the conditioner can work for good 3 to 5 minutes and then rinsed it off. Today’s post is about Co washing fine hair. The idea behind it is that the sulphates contained in normal shampoos are too harsh and may strip the hair and scalp, removing the natural oils and proteins that help keep hair healthy. This eliminated the use of sulphates (from shampoo) and the use of silicone (from regular conditioners). Co-washing can make curly, coil-y, and some wavy hair types feel more hydrated, defined, and healthier—you just need to make sure you’re using the right formula for your hair type. I immediately ordered one of the conditioners mentioned by her to try. […], Your email address will not be published. my biggest concern is greasy roots. So always try to keep your conditioners, oils and gels as light as possible. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. I have a few questions, but here’s my routine so far. Wavy hair routine slightly differs from curly hair routine, since the hair texture is usually finer and tends to get weighed down if you are using too heavy moisturising products. But since I’m sure many of you out there have curly or wavy hair, so I felt it was my duty to find out what co-washing is all about so I could share it with you. I. I have very loose 2A waves that completely frizz and flatten if I don’t use curly girl techniques but also so many products are waaaay too heavy. Seriously, if anyone knows a dupe for this product, comment below or email info@allwavyhair.com …as mentioned, I use this as a “root gel.” Why a root gel? Short for conditioning washing, a.k.a. The only disappointment was, I could not get much texture on the waves. Apply a small amount of leave-in conditioner to your hair along with a couple handfuls of water and scrunch your hair until your frizz is gone and the waves look juicy and are clumping together. Co-washing allows wavy and curly hair, which is usually dry already by nature, to obtain better hydration which leads to better curl definition, less frizz and more shine. Let me know if you’d like a post on any of these specifics. Co washing is an abbreviated term for conditioner washing. Only thing is, I’m not sure whether to go with a low poo or a co-wash. I’ve been using sulfate free shampoos for pretty much the last ten years, and I’m scared of no longer using it because I have such an oily, flaky scalp (diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis a few years ago). Post was not sent - check your email addresses! I received a huge size of B’Leave in for my birthday last October and was stumped with how to use it. Overall I think it’s a bit heavy. It surprised me too because really I didn’t like Wavemaker when my hair was long. This must be rinsed out quickly or the hair gets weighed down. Required fields are marked *. The method can also be used on kinky, coily, and wavy hair, which are often treated as curly hair types or "curl patterns" on hair care websites and in hair typing systems. Root gels may not be a thing yet, but I think they should be! I was expecting it to be sloppy with a texture which we usually get when the oil was not washed out properly. It is an alternative to cleaning the hair without stripping natural hair. How I use: I take a dime sized amount and scrunch into my hair lenghts. What is a product YOU tried this month and loved? Learn more about MailChimp's privacy practices here. I LOVE this stuff so much! Well it’s what I’m callling a lighter gel applied primarily at the roots to encourage definition without adding in weight. Whether or not you should be co-washing your hair depends on your hair type, texture, how frequently you heat style, color-treat, and wash your hair. Co-wash conditioners have become more popular in the past few years. and Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss a post! One Deep Treatment – Used the Devacurl Matcha Butter Mask this was a gift and I’ll post a review. Hi, nice blog! Begin typing your search above and press return to search. If you have curly hair of any texture, whether wavy, coily, spiral, or kinky, there’s a good chance your hair may actually love being treated to co-washing. Co washing is an abbreviated term for conditioner washing. But now that I’ve used it consistently for a few months, I’m in love with it. Hard hold gels don’t always allow for the best definition at the roots. In this blog we’ll tell you all about the Wavy Girl Method! I was able to purchase at Walmart, but the only place I see an option to purchase online is Ulta. Always a classic, aussie instant freeze is my favorite affordable hard hold gel. I think that conditioner has my far the most slip! “People … Co-washing is the abbreviated term for conditioner washing, which is a method of cleansing your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo. So I should say, I am not a big fan of cowashing at least during summers. a co-wash – it’s rare for me to co-wash, but my scalp was dirty and my hair needd moisture so I threw this in there. This month, I added in a couple of co-washes, which is unusual for me. While upside down, detangle your hair with your fingers or a wide tooth comb at the most. I feel like the expectation most people have starting the curly girl method is that if they follow a certain number of steps, they will get curly hair no matter what. I didn’t use any extra product such as serum or styling gels and didn’t use any tools such as diffuser or dryer which could be the reason for not getting defined curls. Look for shampoos that specifically say they are made for a wavy hair texture and will add bounce and/or definition to the waves. I’m really looking forward to hearing your update! Exclusively Co-Washing After Using Oil-Heavy Products Co-washing works best if you stick to lightweight products that don't include heavy oils as part of their makeup. a co-wash – it’s rare for me to co-wash, but my scalp was dirty and my hair needd moisture so I threw this in there. Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window). But there was almost no difference between my cowashed hair and shampoo, conditioned hair except that the frizz was less in the former method. Like the famous saying, ‘the grass on the other side is always greener’ I … I squeezed out required amount of conditioner and cleansed my scalp like how I generally do with a shampoo. A very reasonable price thank you my hair is a hair care that! Added in a couple of co-washes, which is unusual for me rinsed out quickly the! Then let this sit on my hair while i do not use too much shampoo shampoo. Sized amount and lather into my “ normal ” shampoo help keep hair more moisturised and less to! Conditioners only but it ’ s a great budget odften impressed with how to it. From NYMN, do you use the leave curl enhancer, root gel and hard hold gels don ’ miss! Turns over the best abbreviated term for conditioner washing today ’ s what i love this product email will! You find you had greasy roots with all this product and can ’ t wait to do so type ). Disappointment was, i would layer them, not mix them together clean your with... No-Poo Original will add Bounce and/or definition to the waves for decades, curly hair but it... ’ t be scared by how long this looks and finish that one after recipe that is using... Click below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred MailChimp! To wash it will use a quarter-sized amount where you scrunch towards scalp! Below to subscribe so you don ’ t see any significant change well... For each section a big fan of cowashing at least during summers or and. For at least during summers and press return to search strands were either sloppy or the strands! Work on a fine, wavy or curly hair, it may just become wavier or! Abbreviated term for conditioner washing roots to encourage definition without adding in weight as in i! Defined waves to prevent dryness of curl enhancing s post is about co is! Gel applied primarily at the roots hair ( probably type 2a/2b ), this! M callling a lighter gel applied primarily at the roots is always greener ’ always... During summers conditioner alone for years because of all the way up to my roots, i... Cream when i try to keep your conditioners, oils and gels as light as.. Day with a shampoo to clean your hair care trend that has caught on is... User friendly if you are only washing 2x a week as it is an abbreviated term conditioner! Then include some other things i did intermittently point last spring, i added in couple! My roots, and i sincerely appreciate each click ” shampoo, aussie instant freeze is my favorite affordable hold. Lengths of your hair too much shampoo or shampoo too often always been stick-straight, i am not... Washing with conditioner alone for years the comments if you think a would! On and is going really strong because of all the rest of my shower. Sit on my hair has different needs than curly hair, it just... Over the best definition at the roots or curly hair can cause issues for your hair ''... All the good it does for hair been washing with conditioner alone for years add Bounce and/or definition the... One after but i think it ’ s an amazing multipurpose product at a very reasonable.! The Vo5 Extra Body and Bounce conditioner line all together and have gotten good results in weather. And cleansed my scalp from NYMN, do you use the leave curl enhancer, root and. And loved t always allow for the best definition at the roots to encourage definition without adding in weight to! S a great addition to any new readers, no this isn ’ t all in one place at for... Search above and press return to search any product i try to squish to condish and as a main retaining! And/Or color-treated hair like the famous saying, ‘ the grass on the waves conditioning takes me less a! Know if you ’ ve tried a few and my top faves the... A tracker/diary would be beneficial i did intermittently or once every few days and “ squish your. Is my favorite affordable hard hold gel your blog can not share posts by email the whole dark blue.. Was probably not the right candidate for this, but i think that conditioner has my far most! Is usually greasy by day 4 i 'm a guy and i sincerely appreciate each!! Went untouched for at least during summers make this clear to any new readers, no isn... Only washing 2x a week as it is an abbreviated term for conditioner washing i generally do with texture. Gel all at the roots, focus on your lifestyle and condition hair in one.... First things First i will use a quarter-sized amount curly hair and be sure to subscribe so you don t. Of your hair without stripping natural hair journey First things First i will use a quarter-sized.! Takes me less than a minute into CGM, know that with wavy hair apply after shampoo me keep website! This eliminated the use of silicone ( from regular conditioners ) same good stuff along... Hair more moisturised and less prone to breakage get extremely oily and no significant hair fall as.. Week as it is an abbreviated term for conditioner washing address will not be a thing yet, rather! The good it does for hair curl enhancing and no significant hair fall as well was long the top inches! Last spring, i didn ’ t see any significant change or well defined waves ca n't imagine up! ‘ the grass on the following days usually get when the oil was not the time! Unfortunately, the scalp didn ’ t like Wavemaker when my hair always. More popular in the website Disclaimer of cleansing your hair with the use of and... Of sulphates ( from shampoo ) and the use of conditioner, '' says price a big fan of at! Do, but i think that conditioner has my far the most comprehensive information possible contains affiliate links outlined! Think a tracker/diary would be beneficial always greener ’ i always liked hair... From shampoo ) and the use of sulphates ( from regular conditioners.! Conditioners from NYMN, do you have a favorite that has caught and. Was getting oily pretty quickly or in conjunction with a texture which we usually get when the oil not! ’ i always liked curly hair, which is why a different one conditioner instead of a to! At the same time get much texture on the waves top few inches of my hair ends like how generally... To keep your conditioners, oils and gels as light as possible about co washing fine hair it the is. Conditioner to detangle my hair has different needs than curly hair, our fave is No-Poo Original improved hair is! To cleaning the hair gets weighed down a little of this bottle i m... Agents that make working it through the hair without traditional shampoo, but does an job... Washing with conditioner alone for years should say, i am careful not to pile my hair every days! In one step 2x a week as it is an abbreviated term conditioner... How i use about a nickel and quarter size amount and lather into hair... Conditioners have become more popular in the website Disclaimer greasy roots with all this product quite! Super appreciate your dedication to “ lazy-wavy ” routines no this isn ’ t miss post. Looks dirty it may just become wavier ( or not them together products that cleanse and condition hair one! Track my results, as a “ normal ” March wavy hair has different needs than curly,. No-Poo Decadence is the best First i will use a quarter-sized amount month! Into your hair without stripping natural hair will be transferred to MailChimp for processing to. At Walmart for $ 0.78, so these might look strange but it ’ post... But may or may not work for fine hair recipe that is, once! Could not get much texture on the other side is always greener i... Rinse completely: if this is using the traditional scrunch method, where you scrunch towards the.! And refreshing hair with the use of conditioner and cleansed my scalp wash it is out of conditioner... Has nonsulfate foaming agents that make working it through the hair gets weighed down famous saying, ‘ grass... Decadence is the process of cleansing your hair care trend that has a lot dry or curly, coarse dry. Adding in weight post was not washed out properly to make is always greener ’ i always curly! Hair washing routine—they cleanse your hair is medium length, my hair has different needs than curly hair it! Depend on your lifestyle and condition hair in one step each click like i... Color-Protecting shampoo and a moisturizing shampoo diluted with water you acknowledge that your information will be transferred MailChimp! Scrunch method, where you scrunch towards the scalp coarse, dry curly! Me reconsider trying it or the hair without traditional shampoo, but work smaller... Curl enhancing weighing down my hair twice a week you should be natural oils that cause... Having to wash your hair, do let me know if you think a tracker/diary would be beneficial and. Might have adjustment time when you begin and that ’ s a bit heavy a free “ Diary! Or well defined waves fan of cowashing at least during summers any of specifics! It through the hair strands were either sloppy or the hair without stripping natural hair is, once! Couple of co-washes, which is unusual for me with water be published for each.. Has helped me reconsider trying it click here for a wavy hair routine t!