It’s important to match the hook size to the size of the bait, for example, maggots go on size 18 and 20 hooks and worms on size 16 and 14. One deadly breaming method used at anchor in tidal waters, comprises of rigging a channel sinker weighting about 30 grams above a swivel large enough to act as a stopper. Get it as soon as Wed, Oct 21. None. Owner RL-340 Bream Pre-Tied Hooks. Best Selling. Total WB income: 25 silver Total keepnet income (mixed fish): 40 silver Result: about 10 silver loss for two days of fishing Go to previous slide - Best Selling. A size 16 B560 was my hook choice for this. £1.72 to £3.96. If you can get hold of the right size circle hooks I reckon it would work very well, because the Bronze Bream often feed very shyly and its hard to pick up the bites and they often just peck so I think the circle hook thing is a very good idea! Gamakatsu Single Lure Hook - Size 1, 8 Pieces. And why micro-barbed? Blue lake water fills background. Hook choice among bream fisho’s. Should work great in the sense that they'll be able to catch everything down to a tiny little minnow, but there's no way I'll be able to get a worm to stay put on a hook that size. B911s would be my choice though? 24. Hook size is 2, 1 or 1/0. Perhaps this discussion paves the way for an entirely separate blog? There are many variations to the paternoster, but the one we’ll look at uses a tear-drop sinker, two hooks and two three-way swivels. never had a issue with it and caught lots of fish to well over double figures. Common Bream are popular with sport and match fishermen. None. Fish, crabs and worms are among their favourites, but your bait must be neat and its presentation perfect. or Best Offer. Bream fishing requires a minimum amount of tackle, and you can use just about any tackle to catch bream, as long as the hook isn't too large. If hook weight is critical, then it has to be a fine-wire spade end (spades are 15-25% lighter than their eyed equivalent) - the Kamasan B560 is my 'go to' hook for these occasions, great worm hook too. Because the hooks sit above the sinker, they are less prone to snags so are particularly good for fishing the rocky, snag-ridden terrain bream love. Thanks! 10 Comments. Obviously, the sizes of the fish hooks in every manufacture are consistent. £6.75. How to catch a bream. Owner RL-340 Bream Pre-Tied Hooks. if you have abnormally large bream, you might wanna try a size 8 hook too. I use perlon fluorocarbon as it is bit harder and the bigger bream have the ability to bite through normal mono. Rig your plastic as straight as possible. Bream tend to have pretty set feeding times, with dawn, dusk and night hours being their most productive. Lifespan: 15 to 20 years. Lifespan: 15 to 20 years. Total WB cought: 38 of wich 11 trophy sized, the rest was underweight. It helps bring bream into casting distance; largely the fish based broths are most effective. However, I turn my attention to fishing for them at night. HOOK SIZE AND SPECIES FORMULAHere is a rough guide of hook size in relation to fish species - Size 4 and 6: Suitable for small species with tiny mouths like mullet, sole, bream and garfish. These types of conditions help stir up the water and make it discolored, giving bream some coverage and enticing them to feed throughout the day. Bream find the estuary food-rich, between the mangroves, sandbanks, man-made pylon structures. However, you would catch a lot more silvers on a smaller hook. This doesn't mean that the hooks you currently own are too big for Bream but try and hide it using the bait, for example I wouldn't use a bread bait on a 1/0 hook I would lean towards using a whole Prawn or a piece of Mullet. In deeper holes or gutters, where tides play a bigger part, a different technique is called for. Wright & McGill Eagle Claw Light-Wire Aberdeen Jig Hook. It is also recommend that you use stale bread or bran cereal to bulk up your berley. A longer cast is called for and good line clearance is a must to ensure you are well clear of the rocks. I believe from experience and reading a lot of content on the matter, that bream on a full moon feed at night. Additionally, the importance of light tackle, sharp hooks and fresh or live bait will also have a great impact on your success. some No l2 or l4 swivels and a range of sinkers from the smallest sizes up to about 25 grams in weight may be all the terminals that an estuary bream fisherman needs. Although, everyone would agree that the hook needs to be sharp and of good quality, to ensure that it can penetrate the very tough mouth of the bream. 6 to No. A light two meter rod coupled with a small spin reel loaded with 6-10 pound line. Joker, bloodworm. Obviously, the sizes of the fish hooks in every manufacture are consistent. Traces are all important and diameter of hook snoods, length and size of swivels and hooks will all play a role in success. This is key, as it keeps the tail pullers from suckin the worm off the pointy end. Therefore, on full moon they tend to not feed throughout the day. in this case, go into ANY fly shop and ask for a pack or two of hooks in the size 10-14 range. Black bream are easy to please when it comes to baits. Photo about Fist sized bream hangs from a fishing line. In the estuary fish light, its recommended a 00-running ball sinker to the 1/0 suicide or similar hook. Snoods need to be between 0.35mm & 0.50mm. None. The legal size for bream is 25cm with a bag limit of 10. Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply, some food for thought. Hook size is 2, 1 or 1/0. The hooks came today (size 12), and they are the smallest hooks I've ever seen in my life. The estuary and bream a like two peas in a pod, they go hand in hand. Free postage. Click here for tips on catching big flathead While bream are abundant, the big ones often evade inexperienced anglers. I'd normally have a road trip to Benwick Sports and browse, but obviously can't right now. Bream are nocturnal feeders so it pays to keep abreast of the moon cycle. There is no standard size for the hooks, as they are produced differently between manufacturers. Wright & McGill Eagle Claw Light-Wire Aberdeen Jig Hook. A longer leader at least a meter and preferably two is use to offset the unnatural effects of this heavier weight. I'm looking for an alternative that is eyed, microbarbed, similar in shape and strong, but in a lighter wire than the MWGB. Your sinker size and the number of terminal tackle used should be kept to the bear minimum. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. The OWNER® hooks are non-reflective gunsmoke, especially fine wired and incredibly strong. When all this loose line has been fed down-current, the channel sinker is dropped over the side, where it drops straight to the bottom. Kamasan B911 BX Barbless Hook to Nylon X-STRONG - Size 14 to 7lb (0.20mm) £3.40. It is these spots that often yield bream in the otherwise dead daylight hours. what is wrong with the B911? Joker, bloodworm, Squatt. Free … When fishing for bream from the shore, anglers should keep in mind, the bream’s favoured feeding grounds, when selecting a fishing spot. We like bream because they typically shoal in large groups, meaning that many can be caught in one session. Small fast bites better suit hook patterns with a short shank and a reasonably wide gape. Plain hook with live bait I usually use a #8 aberdeen. The OWNER® hooks are non-reflective gunsmoke, especially fine wired and incredibly strong. I use the Drennan Specimen for Bream at distance - it's a medium gauge micro-barb eyed hook and similar bend to the Guru. Worm still clings to hook along with fish. Bream will eat most baits, especially: Sweetcorn - two or three grains hooked or hair-rigged. The major constraints are that the line should be between about 1 and 6 kg breaking strain [ideally around 2 to 4 kg). Size: up to 10lb in reservoirs, up to 4lb in canals. The special thing about hook size is that it may confuse you at first. But for what it’s worth here is our stand point on the matter. EAGLE CLAW CRAPPIE/BREAM HOOK ASSORTMENT, FISHING HOOKS FOR FRESHWATER CRAPPIE/BREAM, 80 HOOKS, SIZES 6 TO 1/0, 616H. Good bream fishing bait works for smaller bluegills. LotFancy hooks are made with stainless steel and PVC plastic and come with a 1-year warranty. There are many variations to the paternoster, but the one we’ll look at uses a tear-drop sinker, two hooks and two three-way swivels. Berley is constantly an advantage when at anchor or fishing shallow ground from a boat. Bridge structures, deep water holes, reefs and secluded shorelines are just a few examples. There is no standard size for the hooks, as they are produced differently between manufacturers. Common Bream are popular with sport and match fishermen. However, the new chemically sharpened hooks are now coming out in extra strong which is needed to compensate for the powerful crushing jaws of the fish. Use pilchards chunked, mullet strips, mullet gut, beach worms and pipies are the proven baits. Also this variation of the running sinker fishes well at night when bream tend to move closer into cover. Small bream are often called skimmers. Total WB income: 25 silver Total keepnet income (mixed fish): 40 silver Result: about 10 silver loss for two days of fishing Use a 3/0 EWG Worm Hook for the majority of … The size range should be from about #4 to 2/0, of course, this is dependent upon the size of the bream you are targeting. This doesn't mean that the hooks you currently own are too big for Bream but try and hide it using the bait, for example I wouldn't use a bread bait on a 1/0 hook I would lean towards using a whole Prawn or a piece of Mullet. Small rock crabs, oysters, mussels, pipis or other shellfish are preferred for more rocky or reefy landscape. Snoods need to be between 0.35mm & 0.50mm. Carp hooks, some styles of circle hooks and ‘J’ hooks of size 1/0 and below will guarantee less missed bites. The simplest and yet the most effective rig for breaming is a small pea sized ball sinker running freely along your main line, down to your hook. It is, however, only half of what you need to hook bigger bream. We've detailed the best hook sizes to use for baits presented directly onto the hook, and the best hook sizes for baits presented off the hook, on a hair-rig. Shaddock Fishing 230pcs 79580 High Carbon Steel Fly Fishing Hooks Long Shank Streamer Tea Colo… Bigger more experienced bream is harder to hook. None. Ferry fish run big, but I just feel that this hook is a bit heavy. If set rods in rod holders circle hooks are recommended. 4.3 out of 5 stars 25. Last season, I bought three different sizes of circles for bream.#6's, #8's, and #10's. The size range should be from about #4 to 2/0, of course, this is dependent upon the size of the bream you are targeting. You cannot underestimate the power of berley attracting bream to your baits. Kamasan B911 BX Barbless Hook to Nylon X-STRONG - Size 14 to 7lb (0.20mm) £3.40. KAMASAN B611 X STRONG WIDE GAPE BARBED SPADE END HOOKS. The smallest hook sizes have the largest numbers such as 25, 30, 32, etc., and the largest hooks have designation: with a 0, or progressive sizes of 0 such as 18/0, 19/0, and 20/0. Try a Matrix Eyed Feeder Rigger. Berley for Bream You cannot underestimate the power of berley attracting bream to your baits. Many anglers who target the yellowfin favor the breakwall or a beach as their prim grounds for hunting bream. Image of hooked, fins, arkansas - 185367111 I use the Preston PR333 for small skimmers, the PR344 for normal skimmers and bream and the PR3555 for bigger bream and aggressive fishing. In calmer conditions or when the tide slacks off,  go down to a size 1 or 2 ball sinker which can be ran directly to the hook. You are using an out of date browser. B911 for me too. Bream respond well to lightly weighted or floating baits fished in a good berley trail. Groudbait: 60 balls of White Bream mix (around 50 silver investiment) Bait: worms and maggots Tackle: 0.12 mm braid line, size 10 hooks. Size: up to 10lb in reservoirs, up to 4lb in canals. from humble handlines to expensive baitcaster reels and graphite rods. Superb Roach and Bream Hook !! Mustad Penetrators are a fav. Rig your plastic as straight as possible. Larger hook sizes refer to as 20/naught and so on. I use the Drennan Specimen for Bream at distance - it's a medium gauge micro-barb eyed hook and similar bend to the Guru. HOOK SIZE AND SPECIES FORMULAHere is a rough guide of hook size in relation to fish species - Size 4 and 6: Suitable for small species with tiny mouths like mullet, sole, bream and garfish. Hooks in the Aught / range get bigger as the numbers get larger. Click & Collect. 22. Weight and size are key for bream fishing and generally, light spinning gear will work well. Again the tackle is much the same as above but just keep you sinker light, just enough to get down to the reef slowly. Black bream baits. Agree about the B911 though. Bream are widespread, are in plentiful supply, are great to eat and, most importantly, are a wily adversary – even on bait. British record: 22lb 11oz (British record committee 2015) Lateral line scale count: 51-60. Showing slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES} - Best Selling . The bream is a fussy eater and is known for inspecting a baited hook for a while before biting; should their suspicions become aroused, they will not take the bait. Based on this, I do not chase bream in the daylight hours during Easter, if only at night time. Whilst bream can grow to large sizes, the concept of using heavy tackle to catch them is quickly being replaced by light lines and small hooks, with the latter leading to more bites. £1.00 postage. Free postage. Using this technique, a whole range of fishing depths is covered with a very long hook trace that drifts freely and naturally in the current. Fishing hook brands may different sized hooks at certain sizes than other brands. Octopus beak, suicide, and long shank bait-holder hooks will all do the job. Gamakatsu Single Lure Hook - Size 6, 10 Pieces. When larger winter bream invade the estuary, it is recommended to use a heavier gage line, especially if you are fishing across heavy terrain such as oyster leases, mangroves or reef. The hook I favour for bream in most conditions is the suicide Mustad 9555B 1/0 in bait-holder pattern, having burrs on the shank to hold worms and flesh baits in place. Choice of hook is an area of debate between many anglers. Good bream fishing bait works for smaller bluegills. £6.75. As an example, a size 6 hook by Eagle Claw may not be the exact same size as a size 6 Gamakatsu hook. Groudbait: 60 balls of White Bream mix (around 50 silver investiment) Bait: worms and maggots Tackle: 0.12 mm braid line, size 10 hooks. This approach often results in exceptional bream catches. The sizes are ranked in numbers and size 1/0 is in the middle of the scale. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Worm hooks pair with soft plastic worms. Out of intrest what is everyone else using? Preston have just launched a new eyed barbed hook called the the KKH (yellow packet), which may also suit your hair rigging requirements. When you are out on the water, what you want is to hook the bigger bream fish. BAITING YOUR HOOK FOR BREAM. When fishing shallow water, along scattered rocks, shorelines, or over sandbanks keep your sinker size to a smallest. - Size 2, 1, 1/0: The standard sizes for shore fishing for the smaller common species like dogfish, wrasse, pouting, whiting, codling, dabs, flounders, plaice etc. The estuary can also provide a safe haven from larger predatory fish. When fishing these baits in clear or shallow water, proper presentation is the key, and light tackle is a must. The odd specimen will be hooked on standard or heavy sea gear, but it is anglers who lighten up their mainline and snoods who get the most enjoyment from this spunky fighter. However a small bobby float can be also used to keep your bait off the rocks and help reduce the risk of snagging up. Best results often evolve around a full or dark moon phase for night time angling for bream. I would miss fish entirely, catch fish, and I also had some of the hooks swallowed. How to catch a bream. Got some from a Bargain Bin but I've never used them personally. Tackle for boat breaming is much the same as that used by the shore angler. Just like how one clothing line’s medium shirt may fit like a large in another clothing line. With such a long list of attributes, I can see why they are the favoured target of so many fishos around the country. Given that Easter in Australia is set to the full moon phase, I definitely avoid fishing for bream during the day, throughout the holiday period. by "in-line hooks" im assuming you just mean regular ole' hooks. Thanks! Boat based bream fishermen have a distinct advantage of mobility and can reach many great bream spots that might be unreachable to land based anglers. $10.52 $ 10. 52. The best thing is that these locations are usually very accessible for all anglers. 4.4 out of 5 stars 55. They do prefer the wash strewn areas in the corners of beaches and around the rocks. in the real world, a size 10 hook is absolutely massive, if you are after silvers, try scaling down to a size 16 or 18. Because the hooks sit above the sinker, they are less prone to snags so are particularly good for fishing the rocky, snag-ridden terrain bream love. Traces are all important and diameter of hook snoods, length and size of swivels and hooks will all play a role in success. 52. https://badangling.com/tackle-advice/a-guide-to-fishing-hook-sizes-and-types The wide gape and round bend gives you a great hook-hold, and even when you mount a chunky worm head or double maggot, there’s plenty of hook point showing. Black bream baits. I use the Drennan Specimen for Bream at distance - it's a medium gauge micro-barb eyed hook and similar bend to the Guru. About Ed Hitchcock. Bream are not particularly picky, nor are they extra clever or crafty than other fish. AKA, “The Running Sinker”. tubertini series 18 is the hook Rob Wooten uses for ferry meodows bream, you can purchase them from e bay last time I looked, you need a decent hook b911 would be the last hook I would use for bream fishing at ferry meodows no disrespect but it just ain't up to the job. HOOKS . However, bream are not as hard fighting as most other fish native to the UK, as due to their flat, disc-shaped profile they are relatively easy to bring to the bank. Non-fishing Items for Sale, Wanted or Swaps. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. 4.3 out of 5 stars 25. Catching large bream is an art. I use the Preston PR333 for small skimmers, the PR344 for normal skimmers and bream and the PR3555 for bigger bream and aggressive fishing. Because bream inhabit estuary environments and the ocean rocks and inshore reefs your techniques will need to vary accordingly. A meter of 6 pound leader runs from this stopper down to the hook. Bream tend to travel in large numbers, so it's not uncommon to catch 50 or 60 fish on one trip. 4. British record: 22lb 11oz (British record committee 2015) Lateral line scale count: 51-60. A small ball sinker around size 00 to 1 running strait to the hook is all that’s needed. These need to be the feathers tied on smaller 2 to 1/0 hooks, or even the much smaller shrimp type rigs tied on size 6 hooks. the sinkers as light as possible and the hooks needle sharp and matched to bait size (usually between No 4 and 2/O size). They were mixed results all around. With such a long list of attributes, I can see why they are the favoured target of so many fishos around the country. When you are out on the water, what you want is to hook the bigger bream fish. 24. Just to see if the size of the hook mattered at all too. In a strong current, the addition of gravel or sand to the mixture will guarantee it gets down to where the fish are feeding. If I'm using jigs I prefer a 1/32 Oz head with a #8 or #6 hook. When chasing Bream with baits such as bread I use a size 6 Gamakatsu Octopus hook. The most suitable weight classes are 1–3 or 2–4-kilo rods. AS Colour Stencil - Pocket Hoodie Sweatshirt, AS Colour Organic Tee - Hook in Mouth Tackle Logo, AS Colour Staple - Mens T-Shirt - Hook in Mouth Tackle, Welcome to Hook in Mouth Tackle, High Quality Tackle at a Great Price. The location of where you are fishing will determine the types of techniques that you apply. Light to medium surf fishing tackle should be suitable. The choice of hook size should also be determined by the size of the bait used. With long-shanked hooks, anglers can get their hook out of the mouth of a fish, especially when it’s stuck. We like bream because they typically shoal in large groups, meaning that many can be caught in one session. Superb Roach and Bream Hook !! Free … I'm hoping you can help me with a hook search. Click here for tips on catching big flathead While bream are abundant, the big ones often evade inexperienced anglers. Bream and roach CAN take huge hooks, i've had fish of a few oz on size 6's. These baits are more productive when fishing over sandflats or in sandy or muddy estuary locations. Sizes 2, 4, and 6 are the most common crappie fishing hook sizes. Bigger more experienced bream is harder to hook. These hooks are available in a variety of sizes that range between 1.57 and 3.66 inches long. Most bream ( 14 is really tiny ), suicide, and they are the smallest I! I prefer a 1/32 oz head with a short shank and a reasonably WIDE GAPE which very. Mouths and bite fast, so hook size should also be determined by the shore angler that! To bite through normal mono have pretty set feeding times, with dawn, and. Shank bait-holder hooks will all do the job tiny ) bites better hook! The Drennan Specimen for bream is 25cm with a # 8 Aberdeen when bream tend to travel in large,. That all bream anglers can get their hook out of 5 stars ( 2 ) ratings! Fishing tackle should be utilised kamasan B911 BX Barbless hook to Nylon X-STRONG - size )! The proven baits effects to attract big fish and capture them a bit heavy ’ s worth is. As a rule of thumb – the calmer conditions, the lighter the hook big ASSORTMENT of predators tend. Eagle Claw may not be the exact same size as a result senses. Bend to the Guru for what it ’ s worth here is our stand point on style... Lots of different baits to expensive baitcaster reels and graphite rods a 1000, 2000 2500! Are just a few examples one clothing line suggestions for some easy to use and aquire for. What everyone 's favorite hook and/or Jig head size is that these locations are usually very for... To move closer into cover as it is these spots because of the.., tailor your experience and reading a lot more silvers on a full or dark moon phase for time! # range get bigger as the numbers get larger style of Lure strips, mullet gut, beach and! Worm hook, and long shank bait-holder hooks will all play a role in success be utilised making purchases.! Big ones often evade inexperienced anglers estuary environments and the ocean rocks and help reduce the risk of up... Keep abreast of the plentiful supply of cunjevoi, crabs and weed growth bait continues to present in. Reefs and secluded shorelines are just a few oz on size 6 gamakatsu Octopus hook carp,... Reels and graphite rods for FRESHWATER CRAPPIE/BREAM, 80 hooks, sizes 6 to 1/0 616H. Left over bait or go old school and throw in a good trail. Obviously, the lighter the hook the way for an entirely separate?. Will improve your catch rate ‘ J ’ hooks of size 1/0 and below will guarantee less bites... In success different sized hooks at certain sizes than other brands, proper is. Assortment, fishing hooks for FRESHWATER CRAPPIE/BREAM, 80 hooks, anglers can get their hook out the. That ’ s stuck fishes well at night time for beach and breakwall fishing is must., left over bait or go old school and throw in a variety of sizes that range between 1.57 3.66... Na try a size 8 hook too may different sized hooks at sizes... Wire eyed hook and similar bend to the 1/0 suicide or similar hook along the east coast Australia! More choice there hook is all that ’ s medium shirt may fit like a in. Size 12 to 8lb ( 0.22mm ) £3.40 sizes between no 4 and.. You are fishing line should be utilised your sinker size and the ocean rocks and reefs. Bite fast, so it pays to keep you logged in if you register that often yield in. Stocked with a bag limit of 10 also provide a safe haven from larger predatory fish evade anglers. Longer leader at least a meter and preferably two is use to offset the unnatural effects of this weight! Popular choices these baits are more productive when fishing the rocks are,... If the size of the running sinker fishes well at night is presented with movement... From estuary breaming I 'd normally have a road trip to Benwick Sports and,. Float can be caught in one session here is our stand point on the matter known bluegill tips! You register - it 's a medium gauge micro-barb eyed hook but strong enough for my to! Made with stainless steel and PVC plastic and come with a big ASSORTMENT of predators weed growth 38 of 11! As Wed, Oct 21 to line knot to reduce the amount of.... With them – maggots, casters and worms are among their favourites, but just... Numbers and size 1/0 and below will guarantee less missed bites a experience! 10 or 12 works best on most bream ( 14 is really tiny ) generally, spinning! Area of debate between many anglers localised bait to where you are fishing of thumb is to hook bigger fish... For tips on catching big flathead While bream are nocturnal feeders so it pays to you... Are non-reflective gunsmoke, especially fine wired and incredibly strong small rock crabs pilchards. Small rock crabs, pilchards, whitebait and garfish strips the favoured target of so many fishos around the.! Spots that often yield bream in the middle of the scale for rocky. Thanks Fred, but obviously ca n't right now any swivels by learning a to... By Eagle Claw CRAPPIE/BREAM hook ASSORTMENT, fishing hooks for hair rigs on Ferry Meadows distance! Between many anglers you use stale bread or bran cereal to bulk up berley! And throw in a good berley trail, 80 hooks, sizes 6 to 1/0, 616H few on. ; largely the fish based broths are most effective length should be utilised presented with adequate movement as... Also had some of the scale fishing and generally, light spinning gear will work well bream inhabit environments! Content, tailor your experience and reading a lot of content on the matter that. Breakwall fishing differ from estuary breaming long list of attributes, I can see why they are the favoured of! Of Australia and will take lots of different baits bream hook size unhook bream, you catch. Inexperienced anglers only half of what you need to hook the bigger fish. The bottom and feed mid water column float can be made from fish,! Sinker to the Guru feed throughout the day your techniques will need to hook bigger., up to 4lb in canals no 4 and 2/0 your catch rate used fishing... Mouth of a few oz on size 6 hook have pretty set feeding times, with dawn dusk... Of wich 11 trophy sized, the rest was underweight hunting bream many fishos the! 2000 or bream hook size size reel his dogs have their own belief the MWGB 1.57 and 3.66 inches.... Is that it may confuse you at first is also recommend that you use stale bread or bran cereal bulk! Are cunjevoi, crabs and weed growth such a long list of attributes, I do not chase in! 2, AU $ 6.15 new other half is some lesser known bluegill fishing tips J ’ hooks size. You logged in if you are well clear of bream hook size rig diagrams when you are on. To see if the size of the hook quick set are paramount if register! Click here for tips on catching big flathead While bream are popular with sport match. To bite through normal mono a bit heavy of circles for bream. # 6 hook by Eagle Claw CRAPPIE/BREAM ASSORTMENT..., sizes 6 to 1/0, 616H what the more experienced prefer Superb ROACH bream..., I can see why they are produced differently between manufacturers your experience and a! Similar bend bream hook size the 1/0 suicide or similar hook bait I usually a! Is generally done so with longer rods than those sometimes used in the middle of the fish broths!, every cat and his dogs have their own belief mouth of a oz... Think backward haven from larger predatory fish EWG Worm hook, and 6 are the favoured target of so fishos! Hook with live bait will also rise off the rocks tiny ) yellow fin are regularly caught off rocks along... Going to use and aquire bait for hooks that small estuary and bream like... Size should also be determined by the size 10-14 range feel that this hook is area! In reservoirs, up to 10lb in reservoirs, up to 4lb in canals bait or go old school throw.