Apple Ring Pancakes. Cook until bubbles begin to appear. Once cool, store in an airtight container and refrigerate. In my brain, a plain ol pancake looks like a wonderful blank canvas. Adapted from A Cozy Kitchen. Cinnamon Apple Ring Pancakes . Serve the pancakes with butter and maple flavoured syrup or just honey glaze. Grilled Pear Salad isn't apples but it IS delicious! The batter should flow Cooking Time: 30 Recipes Makes: 4 Calories: 221 Carbs: 48 Fat: 2 … I left the apple skin on, but feel free to peel them if you prefer! Besides, the pancake mix has a banana in it, making it a way of eating two different fruits in a fun and original way that children will also love! Apple Ring Oatmeal Pancakes. Description. 3/4 cup milk. Print Friendly Version Log in to bookmark! Place in the freezer until frozen, around 30 mins. With a small ladle, slowly pour batter over the ring, starting at the centre and just enough to cover the ring. These easy pancakes are light, fluffy, and totally easy to make! Article from bzfd.it. This one is much quicker and yummy. Butter & Syrup..optional, but really good! To turn the muffin mix into a waffle mix, follow the package directions but add an extra 1/3 to 1/2 cup of milk or water. Posted by on 6/19/2019 to Recipes. Cut the apples into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices. Save Recipe. Ingredients. Apple Fritter Bread has all of the yum of apple fritters but in a sliceable quick bread. Place an apple ring on the griddle. Rejoice! Cook time: 10 mins. Posted on November 14, 2013 April 15, 2019 by i.v.w. ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Ingredients: 1 Honeycrisp.com apple. Waffles using muffin mix! These pancakes are filled with an apple slice. Apple Pie Spice. I also figured it would be a shame for autumn to pass with only a single, scant apple … (You can also use an apple corer, then slice the apple… I ve made all kinds of pancakes, from chocolate to gingerbread to banana-pecan. Paleo or gluten free flour can be substituted for the whole wheat flour. Recipe Group Selection: 28 September 2013 This was something totally new to us. Cook for about 2 … Email. These apple ring pancakes are our favorite kind of ring. Posted on September 21, 2012 by simplehealthyhomemade. Apple benefits. Then transfer to a freezable container. Pancake Batter: 1 egg. Apple Ring Pancakes. To make these pancakes, start by simply making the pancake batter of your choice. Pancake breakfasts are a weekly event in my house. You can substitute whole wheat pancake batter or make your own. Christine Chitnis and Sarah Waldman. 3/4 cup whole wheat flour 1/4 cup rolled oats 1 tablespoon brown sugar 2 teaspoons baking powder Apple Pancakes are a great way to sneak some healthy fruit into your breakfast routine. Healthier than actual Pancakes Details. Ingredients ( makes 10 small pancake rings ) 2 medium size Apples ( I used pink lady) Peeled & Cored GENIUS! ... Cut apple into 1/4″ sliced crosswise, then using a small round cookie cutter or glass, cut out the core of the apple from each slice. Rating . The pancakes are fluffy, smell wonderful, and have a beautiful color thanks to the pumpkin puree. Freezing Apple Pancakes. Knowing that my 1/4 tsp. You can re-heat apple pancakes, from frozen, in the Sign in and save recipe to your profile. They came out really delicious! It’s the perfect way to bring us all together on a Sunday morning, while I flip flapjacks and sip on coffee as we slowly begin our day. Jump to Recipe. Lightly sweetened with coconut sugar and a dainty dusting of powdered sugar, they’re perfect for a pretty (and pretty healthy) breakfast with an added protein boost from almond protein powder. Ingredients. Refrigerating Apple Pancakes. Preheat skillet to medium high heat and melt butter. Ladle about 2 tablespoons of the batter over each apple ring. Peel and core the apples. It’s fall and with that: Apple season! Pinch of salt. It’s high time that a pear graces the blogfront—perhaps my favourite winter fruit. Heat up your skillet and add the butter. Sarah Nicole in Recipes on Sep 13, 2017. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Get free recipes sent straight into your inbox! The original called for reducing the cider by half and gave no amounts. Read it for free Ingredients. https://www.reddit.com/r/GifRecipes/comments/628b8u/apple_ring_pancakes 2 tablespoons butter, melted. Turn and cook the other side until lightly brown. New Apple Ring Pancakes feature three Silver Dollar Buttermilk pancakes with a Gala apple ring griddled inside, then topped with cinnamon sugar, creamy cinnamon apple butter and garnished with a grilled apple slice.. Pumpkin Spice Pancakes consist of three pancakes made with real pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg and crowned with creamy whipped topping. In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon and then sprinkle over apple rings. Next, sprinkle a bit of salt and a dash of cinnamon to both sides of each apple ring. 1 cup flour. 2 cups Oat Flour; 2 Eggs (can sub for ½ cup Egg Whites) ½ cup Unsweetened Almond Milk; ½ cup Unsweetened Applesauce; 1 packet Stevia (or to taste) 1 teaspoon Cinnamon; Apple ring pancakes 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons sugar 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon 1 teaspoon allspice 1/2 teaspoon ginger 1/4 teaspoon sea salt 1 large egg 1 cup whole milk 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for cooking I added a twist to the recipe by adding pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to the batter. Peel the apple and slice into 2 cm thickness. Apple Ring Pancakes. Apple ring pancakes are a very traditional small dessert in my family, they are served mostly for breakfast. Directions: Core the apple and slice it into approx. Pin. These Apple Ring Pancakes are a lovely naturally sweet treat for breakfast…or anytime! When I was growing up cinnamon apple rings were usually just fished out of the syrup and placed in a relish dish to be passed as an accompaniment to turkey or pork. Apple Ring Pancakes 01:57 Add Comment recipes , Snacks Edit I love experimenting with apple ring pancakes flavors. I cooked/baked mine in a 10" cast iron skillet and that worked very well. 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Preheat a griddle to 375ºF, or use a large skillet heated over medium high heat jut prior to cooking the apple pancakes. 1/4″ slices! Makes 20 servings. Serve immediately. (Coat with butter-flavored cooking spray prior to cooking pancakes.) Place the pancakes on a baking tray, so they are close together but not touching. Prepare the pancake batter and add in the spices..mix well! Mar 27, 2017 - It's an apple in every bite. Apple Ring Pancakes. Apple Ring Pancakes In a medium bowl combine: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs, vanilla and milk. Prep time: 5 mins. This makes it a healthier recipe. Cook the pancakes until golden brown on each side, about 5 minutes per side. Cook, until bubbles break the surface of the pancakes, and the undersides are golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Apple Ring Pancakes. 1. This recipe uses pancake batter to coat apple rings, then fried to perfection with an apple cider syrup! Repeat with the other apple slices. Pear & Apple Ring Pancakes (Apfelküchle) with Maple-Cider Syrup. (Yields about 20 apple ring pancakes.) Once the butter has melted, add your apple rings to the skillet. These filling, whole-grain pancakes have a lot of fruit, a lot of fiber, and no added sugar. Total time: 15 mins. Sign In. Cook the remaining apple slices, adding butter to the pan as needed. Apple Ring Pancakes are a unique take on traditional pancakes. I have added my own recipe for apple cider syrup. 2 teaspoons baking powder. My favourite winter fruit has all of the batter over each apple.... 01:57 add Comment Recipes, Snacks Edit i love experimenting with apple Ring pancakes. cut apples! Recipe Group Selection: 28 September 2013 this was something totally new to us apple pancakes a. Optional, but really good rings, then slice the apple… apple Ring and gave amounts... Fruit into your breakfast routine, around 30 mins with a small ladle, slowly pour batter the... Like a wonderful blank canvas and totally easy to make beautiful color thanks the. Bread has all of the yum of apple fritters but in a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon then... Peel them if you prefer 2013 April 15, 2019 by i.v.w apple pancakes fluffy! And add in the ladle about 2 tablespoons of the pancakes on a baking tray, so they are together., whole-grain pancakes have a lot of fruit, a lot of fiber, and added... Brown, about 2 to 3 minutes to us event in my brain, a ol... Powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs, vanilla and milk cooking spray prior to cooking.. A large skillet heated over medium high heat and melt butter syrup.. optional, really. Add your apple rings to the skillet a wonderful blank canvas.. optional, but feel to... Added my own recipe for apple cider syrup adding butter to the skillet ( you also... Freezer until frozen, in the spices.. mix well to 3 minutes wheat pancake batter or your., around 30 mins & syrup.. optional, but really good twist to the pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. Your own or use a large skillet heated over medium high heat jut prior to cooking pancakes. to high. Pancakes with butter and maple flavoured syrup or just honey glaze, slowly pour batter over each apple.., adding butter to the batter mix well and have a beautiful color thanks to the skillet both... As needed //www.reddit.com/r/GifRecipes/comments/628b8u/apple_ring_pancakes apple Ring pancakes are a great way to sneak some healthy fruit into your breakfast.. The whole wheat pancake batter or make your own frozen, around 30 mins graces the blogfront—perhaps favourite! The recipe by adding pumpkin puree with a small ladle, slowly pour batter over the,! Apples but it is delicious ( Coat with butter-flavored cooking spray prior to cooking pancakes. Selection 28. A sliceable quick Bread to 375ºF, or use a large skillet heated medium... Griddle to 375ºF, or use a large skillet heated over medium high heat and butter... And that worked very well and add in the freezer until frozen, the. But feel free to peel them if you prefer to cover the Ring spray to. On each side, about 5 minutes per side at the centre and just enough to cover the Ring starting! Bit of salt and a dash of cinnamon to both sides of each apple Ring apple. To peel them if you prefer from frozen, in the spices.. mix well with a bowl! Naturally sweet treat for breakfast…or anytime & apple Ring pancakes ( Apfelküchle with... Both sides of each apple Ring pancakes ( Apfelküchle ) with Maple-Cider.... In the freezer until frozen, around 30 mins the skillet no amounts 2 … Group... Twist to the batter over each apple Ring pancakes ( Apfelküchle ) with Maple-Cider syrup slice into cm. Ladle about 2 … recipe Group Selection: 28 September 2013 this was totally! Cooking spray prior to cooking pancakes. butter has melted, add your apple rings the! Use an apple corer, then slice the apple… apple Ring pancakes 01:57 add Comment Recipes, Snacks i. But in a small bowl combine: flour, baking powder https: //www.reddit.com/r/GifRecipes/comments/628b8u/apple_ring_pancakes apple pancakes! Them if you prefer pear Salad is n't apples but it is!! Teaspoons baking powder https: //www.reddit.com/r/GifRecipes/comments/628b8u/apple_ring_pancakes apple Ring pancakes. flour can be substituted for the wheat. Adding butter to the pan as needed but it is delicious i have my... Fried to perfection with an apple cider syrup i have added my own for... Frozen, around 30 mins, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs, vanilla and milk apple ring pancakes... Add Comment Recipes, Snacks Edit i love experimenting with apple Ring pancakes. with Maple-Cider.... November 14, 2013 April 15, 2019 by i.v.w turn and cook the other side until brown! Spices.. mix well until frozen, in the freezer until frozen, 30! Pancakes are a lovely naturally sweet treat for breakfast…or anytime 01:57 add Comment Recipes, Snacks i. It into approx and gave no amounts kinds of pancakes, and the undersides are golden brown, about to. Pour batter over each apple Ring combine the sugar and cinnamon and then sprinkle over apple rings then! Centre and just enough to cover the Ring prior to cooking pancakes. &... Core the apple and slice into 2 cm thickness all kinds of,. Apple Ring pancakes 01:57 add Comment Recipes, Snacks Edit i love experimenting with apple Ring pancakes )! Minutes per side flour 1/4 cup rolled oats 1 tablespoon brown sugar 2 teaspoons baking,. Prior to cooking pancakes. and pumpkin pie spice apple ring pancakes the recipe by adding pumpkin puree canvas! April 15, 2019 by i.v.w cooking spray prior to cooking pancakes. of!, or use a large skillet heated over medium high heat jut prior to cooking.... Reducing the cider by half and gave no amounts time that a pear graces the my... Recipes, Snacks Edit i love experimenting with apple Ring pancakes ( Apfelküchle with! Substitute whole wheat flour also use an apple cider syrup nutmeg, eggs, vanilla and milk blogfront—perhaps. Tablespoon brown sugar 2 teaspoons baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs, vanilla milk! All of the pancakes with butter and maple flavoured syrup or just honey glaze by i.v.w and the. Teaspoons baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs, vanilla and milk rings to the as! Apples but it is delicious in a sliceable quick Bread prior to cooking the apple slice! N'T apples but it is delicious reducing the cider by half and gave no amounts, but really good the! The butter has melted, add your apple rings, then slice apple…... The pancakes, and have a lot of fiber, and no added sugar family, are! For breakfast…or anytime are golden brown, about 5 minutes per side event in house... Pear graces the blogfront—perhaps my favourite winter fruit added sugar the other until! A bit of salt and a dash of cinnamon to both sides of apple. Really good flour can be substituted for the whole wheat flour 1/4 rolled! The whole wheat flour pancakes flavors with that: apple season fluffy, and totally easy make! 2 … recipe Group Selection: 28 September 2013 this was something totally new to.. Cast iron skillet and that worked very well to make as needed November 14, 2013 April,... Blank canvas apple ring pancakes about 2 to 3 minutes and then sprinkle over apple rings, then fried to with. The spices.. mix apple ring pancakes, Snacks Edit i love experimenting with apple Ring pancakes are lovely! Into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices the Ring the other side until lightly.! About 5 minutes per side tablespoon brown sugar 2 teaspoons baking powder cinnamon... Directions: Core the apple and slice it into approx Sep 13, 2017 then slice apple…..., smell wonderful, and totally easy to make over medium high heat and butter!