It’s quite clear. "This’ll be the day that I die." "bye-bye, miss american pie." Lyrics. When this catchy tune came out on the airways in rocketed to number one in Canada and America.This song went viral, everyone sang along from the first moment they heard it, it resonated with American children like no other. "Bye-bye Miss American Pie" Jack be nimble, Jack be light, Way, way up into the sky. So come on Jack Be Nimble, Jack Be Quick Jack Flash sat on a candlestick ‘Cause fire is the devil’s only friend. Jack is a dog, in Denslow's version. The father, son, and the holy ghost And I asked her for some happy news So come on Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack Flash sat on a candle Em A7 D stick, 'cuz fire is the devil's only friend Em D Em D And as I watched him on the … Singin', "This’ll be the day that I die" The name Jack used to be only a nickname for John, but is now more and more frequently used as a stand-alone name. I can’t remember if I cried With every paper I'd deliver And while Lennon read a book on Marx Post navigation ← Previous Post. Song: American Pie. The most common version of the nursery rhyme simply says: "Jack be nimble / Jack be quick / Jack jump over / The candlestick." Jack be nimble! Jack be Nimble Name: _____ Characters Settings Sequence Above is the Flip Book Front Cover. Oh, and while the king was looking down Them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye And singin', "this'll be the day that I die. Next Post → ♬ Categories. With the jester on the sidelines in a cast [Verse 2] But not a word was spoken Jump jump Jack jump! It landed foul on the grass In Latin American Spanish, he is voiced by Edson Matus. Its two dozen verses blend American history and mythology, and its chorus can be heard from every… We all got up to dance Try looking for the original by Don McLean. Jack flash sat on a candlestick 'Cause fire is the devil's only friend Oh, and as I watched him on the stage For a quick summary of what the song means, check out this video: Basically, in ‘American Pie’ things are heading in the wrong direction. "Bye-bye, Miss American Pie" Can music save your mortal soul? So come on Jack be nimble, Jack be quick! So come on Jack be nimble, Jack be quick. But the man there said the music wouldn't play I heard this song in Dunnes Stores and Argos so I guess they have the same Cd. [Chorus] Lyrics to “Jack Be Nimble” Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack jump over the candlestick. And in the streets, the children screamed, And I promised him everything I could give, And them good old boys were drinking whiskey 'n rye, Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry, feeling no need to explain things himself, Heavy Chevy by T-Wayne (T-Pain & Lil Wayne), Feather by Nujabes (Ft. Akin Yai & Cise Star), Something In A / The Day After The Music Died by Death Piggy, Mathematical Pi by Ken Ferrier and Antoni Chan, American Pie by Cast of Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist (Ft. Alex Newell, Alice Lee, Andrew Leeds, Jane Levy, John Clarence Stewart, Lauren Graham, Mary Steenburgen, Skylar Astin & Zak Orth). I don’t know whether you consider that wrong or right, but it is a morality song in a sense. American Pie (Don McLean) [chorus] to start again. Just For Fun Quiz / American Pie Typing Challenge Random Just For Fun or Typing Quiz Can you type the lyrics to American Pie in twice as much time as Don McLean takes to sing them? Jack be nimble, Jack be quick. Jack jump over the apple pie. 'Cause the players tried to take the field Them good old boys were drinking whiskey 'n rye Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack jump over the candlestick. The nursery rhyme Jack be Nimble refers to an English privateer (later pirate) named Black Jack Smatt. Jack Be Nimble Lyrics: Jack be nimble, Jack be quick / Jack jump over the candlestick / Jack be nimble, Jack be spry / Jack jump over the apple pie / Jack be nimble, Jack jump high! Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack Flash sat on a candlestick, ‘Cause fire’s the devil’s only friend. Listen to both songs on WhoSampled, the ultimate database of sampled music, cover songs and remixes. He is based off of the nursery rhyme, Jack Be Nimble. You both kicked off your shoes Jack is an energetic member of the Mother Goose Club. And he promised it would live once more Report. Man, I dig those rhythm and blues So c'mon: Jack be nimble, Jack be quick! [Chorus] Jack be nimble, Jack be spry, Jack jump over the apple pie. Nicki Minaj's Swish Swish, Anuel AA, Daddy Yankee and Karol G feat. All rights reserved. If you want to color a few pages together while telling your child(ren) the history of this song, check out the music coloring section. The day the music died The pop song ‘American Pie’ was released in November 1971 by artist Don McLean under the Yahweh Tunes label produced by Mayday Music Inc. My seven year old found this incredibly interesting. While his magnum opus is known for its deep, almost cryptic lyrics, for many years McLean left its meaning up to the speculation of others, feeling no need to explain things himself. We were singing 1971, Contributed by MrBlondNYC (7,039 Submissions, 100,812 Cred). We have an official American Pie tab made by UG professional guitarists. Now the half-time air was sweet perfume 5 6 7. Top Answer. I met a girl who sang the blues J Balvin and Ozuna's China sample of Shaggy feat. Asked by one interviewer what the song meant, McLean said, “It means I never have to work again.”. The day the music died The rhyme is first recorded in a manuscript of around 1815 and was collected by James Orchard Halliwell in the mid-nineteenth century. Them good old boys were drinking whiskey 'n rye And moss grows fat on a rollin' stone McLean first revealed intended meaning of his lyrics in 2015, when the original manuscript and notes were sold at auction for a fee to the tune of $1.2 million. But the rhyme is still popular and it is used daily in many preschools and schools in England and USA. But something touched me deep inside How that music used to make me smile "Jack Be Nimble" William Wallace Denslow's illustrations for Jack Be Nimble, from a 1901 edition of Mother Goose. While the sergeants played a marching tune 1 / … Well, I know that you're in love with him They were singing American Pie Lyrics: A long, long time ago / I can still remember / How that music used to make me smile / And I knew if I had my chance / That I could make those people dance / And maybe they'd be Related Downloads Jack Be Nimble – Coloring Page. Nursery rhyme; Published: c. 1815 "Jack Be Nimble" is an English language nursery rhyme. [Chorus] You must be logged in to comment. Are they talking about jumping jack flash the rolling stones song??? An entire website has been created by Jim Fann to explore the song— Understanding American Pie. Playing next. And can you teach me how to dance real slow? This song tackles the evolution of rock & roll through the 60s, following the 1959 plane crash that led to the death of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and The Big Bopper. [Verse 5] "This’ll be the day that I die." It could be a line from American Pie preformed by Madonna, I don't remember which verses she sings. Singin', "This’ll be the day that I die" Jack be nimble, Jack be quick. With no time left to start again Jack Be Nimble is a short, old nursery rhyme. It has a Roud Folk Song Index number of 13902. Jack fly up into the sky. The most common version of the rhyme is: Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack jump over The candlestick. So come on, Jack be nimble, Jack be quick Jack Flash sat on a candlestick 'Cause fire is the devil's only friend Oh, and as I watched him on the stage ... Don McLean dedicated the "American Pie" album to Holly. The jester stole his thorny crown Cause he is the Devil's only friend. What song has the lyrics Jack be nimble Jack be Quick in it? Oh, and there we were, all in one place A generation lost in space With no time left to start again So come on, Jack, be nimble, Jack be quick Jack Flash sat on a candlestick 'Cause fire is the devils only friend Oh, and as I watched him on the stage My hands were clenched in fists of rage I can still remember McLean explores many of the major events of the 60s, including the moon landings, Dylan’s rise and crash, the dominance of The Beatles, and the death of Janis Joplin. when they say " jack be nimble, jack be quick, JACK FLASH sat on a candle stick, cause fire was the devils only friend Who is jack flash? Copyright © 2020 WhoSampled.com Limited. Drove my chevy to the levee, But the levee was dry. And them good old boys were drinking whiskey 'n rye I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck If the Bible tells you so? Real Lyric: So c'mon: Jack be nimble, Jack be Quick!Jack Flash sat on a candlestick.Cause fire is the Devils only friend. Eight miles high and falling fast "Bye-bye, Miss American Pie" The story: It was playing in the artroom at school and we were all singing along. And I promised him everything I could give A generation lost in space "this'll be the day that I die." Since the song has been "rediscovered" with the recent Madonna version, I thought this might be a good time for a bit of music history for the kids. And we sang dirges in the dark “American Pie” explained by Glenn Beck: What does “The Day the music died” mean? A variation from the album Morgen. And as the flames climbed high into the night [Verse 1] The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed It is becoming less ideal, less idyllic. Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry Artist: Don McLean. [Pre-Chorus] Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry Singin', "This'll be the day that I die" jack jump over the candle stick Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack jump over the candle stick. YouTube Encyclopedic. And they were singing Fire is the devil’s only friend Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry This single topped charts in the USA, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand in 1972. ... “So come on Jack be nimble, Jack … Oh, and there we were all in one place, A generation lost in space With no time left to start again. United Artists Jump! Personality Edit. Singing, "This'll be the day that I die...". Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry, And them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey 'n rye, Well, I know that you're in love with him, Them good old boys were drinking whiskey 'n rye, When the jester sang for the king and queen, The birds flew off with a fallout shelter, While the sergeants played a marching tune. Be Quick! The hidden Catholic meaning behind American Pie. Origins and meaning. Oh, but we never got the chance! But February made me shiver So bye-bye, Miss American Pie Jump, jump, Jack, jump! We started singin' Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack jump over The candlestick. And do you have faith in God above The quartet practiced in the park The day the music died? Jack Flash sat on a candlestick, 'cause Browse more videos. "American Pie" by Don McLean sampled Traditional Folk's "Jack Be Nimble". [Pre-Chorus] So come on, Jack be nimble, Jack be quick! The day the music died That I could make those people dance American Pie is much more than a song about Buddy Holly and the plane crash that Don McLean believes marked the sad day when “music died” in America. Asked by Wiki User. Rikrok's It Wasn't Me, Nea's Some Say sample of Eiffel 65's Blue (Da Ba Dee) (DJ Ponte Ice Pop Mix), Dua Lipa's Break My Heart sample of INXS's Need You Tonight. And maybe they'd be happy for a while [Breakdown] Nicki Minaj's Swish Swish sample of Roland Clark's I Get Deep, Britney Spears's Toxic sample of Lata Mangeshkar and S. P. Balasubrahmanyam's Tere Mere Beech Mein, Anuel AA, Daddy Yankee and Karol G feat. I started singing How to Play Forced Order No Skip. And I knew if I had my chance Shop for Vinyl, CDs and more from Jack B. Nimble And The Quicks at the Discogs Marketplace. Singing, "This'll be the day that I die" Where I'd heard the music years before Jack be nimble, Jack be spry, Jack jump over the apple pie. Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry If only he would make the music live Jack be nimble, Jack jump high! So come on, Jack be nimble, Jack be quick Jack Flash sat on a candlestick 'Cause fire is the devil's only friend Oh, and as I watched him on the stage My hands were clenched in fists of rage No angel born in Hell ... Miss American Pie Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry Its off a Cd which has very unheard of songs by cover artists. The marching band refused to yield Cut out around the black line, and write your name. I dropped to my knees and there I prayed Anyway, here's the verse: Oh, and there we were all in one place. And in five years four had come to mourn "Bye-bye Miss American Pie" With no time left to start again. Description: “Jack Be Nimble” is an English language nursery rhyme. Do you recall what was revealed [Chorus] "This'll be the day that I die." All I remember is it was a catchy song and the chorus was along the lines of "J-J-jack be nimble, jack be quick". 45:33. No verdict was returned Answer. Them good old boys were drinking whiskey 'n rye [Verse 3] Even today this phrase expresses a suggestion to be quick and agile. American Pie by Don McLean. 'Cause I saw you dancin' in the gym Oh, and there we were all in one place Read the lyrics and the annotations. Popular Quizzes Today. Now for ten years we've been on our own However, other versions add: "Jack jumped high / Jack jumped low / Jack jumped over and burned his toe." And them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey 'n rye The Pirate. The birds flew off with a fallout shelter [Chorus] I was around in 1970 and now I am around in 2015 … there is no poetry and very little romance in anything anymore, so it is really like the last phase of ‘American Pie.’. "Jack be nimble," you can always hear Jack's mother screaming out to him! It has a Roud Folk Song Index number of 13902. In this rhyme, Jack jumps over a candlestick. Limbo rock- Chubby Checkers "American Pie" by Don McLean ... Online Music. Don McLean released this groundbreaking song on the album American Pie in 1971. Rate 5 stars Rate 4 stars Rate 3 stars Rate 2 stars Rate 1 star . Jack be nimble, Jack jump high! "Bye-bye, Miss American Pie" And there I stood alone and afraid So come on Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack Flash sat on a candle stick, A long, long time ago, I can still remember Now for ten years we've been on our own, and 'cause fire is the devil's only friend. A variation of this rhyme is featured in the song "American Pie", by Don McLean in 1971, with a play on the title of the Rolling Stones song, "Jumpin' Jack Flash": Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack Flash sat on a candlestick, 'Cause fire's the devil's only friend. Explore releases from Jack B. Nimble And The Quicks at Discogs. The players tried for a forward pass by harry1994 Plays Quiz not verified by Sporcle . So come on, Jack be nimble, Jack be quick! It has a Roud Folk Song Index number of 13902. The church bells all were broken Jack be nimble, Jack jump […] "Bye-bye Miss American Pie" Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry Katy Perry feat. "This'll be the day that I die..." I saw Satan laughing with delight And the music was reborn The day the music died Oh, and as I watched him on the stage A generation lost in space. Report wrong information or missing video, Katy Perry feat. Don McLean, “American Pie,” live on the BBC, 1972. When I read about his widowed bride A long, long time ago Although the lyrics might no longer be enigmatic, McLean’s track will forever be regarded as a poetic look into the past of rock & roll. We were singing Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry Profiler S02 Episode 7 - Jack Be Nimble, Jack Be Quick. Don McLean quote: So come on, Jack be nimble, Jack be quick Jack Flash sat on a candlestick 'Cause fire is the Devil's only friend Oh, and as I watched him on the stage My hands were clenched in fists of rage No angel born in hell Could break that Satan's spell And as the flames climbed high into the night To light the sacrificial rite I saw Satan laughing with delight The day the music died. [Pre-Chorus] And in the streets, the children screamed "This’ll be the day that I die" American Pie. In English, Jack B. Nimble is voiced by Audu Paden. And the three men I admire most Jack Be Nimble, Jack Be Quick Victims Of Victims Birthright Dying To Live Ties That Bind Shoot To Kill Bloodlust Every Five Minutes Breaking Point Lethal Obsession Cycle Of Violence Die Beautiful Root Of All Evil . Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry Jack is an extremely naughty boy, always jumping up high and jumping down low. Please sign in or sign up. He was portrayed by Joseph Lopez from 2009 to 2015 and is now portrayed by Shacha. Activities Jack B. Nimble Jack Be Nimble Nursery Rhyme Coloring Pages Nursery Rhymes. [Pre-Chorus] [Verse 4] The courtroom was adjourned ! Singin', "This'll be the day that I die" Thanks For The Help!! But this time one would equal four With a pink carnation and a pickup truck J Balvin and Ozuna's China. Verse 5. They caught the last train for the coast Jack Black was a rotten pick. A variation from the song American Pie by Don McLean in 1971. But she just smiled and turned away Origins and meaning Here McLean references the song “Jumpin’ Jack Flash.” “So come on Jack be nimble, Jack be quick Jack Flash sat on a candlestick ‘Cause fire is the devil’s only friend. To light the sacrificial rite It was first time published in year 1815. Jack Be Nible Nursery Rhyme Jack Be Nible with Lyrics and Music. Jack fly up into the sky. Jack be nimble
Jack be quick
Jack jump over the candlestick
Jack be nimble
Jack be spry
Jack jump over the apple pie
Jack be nimble
Jack jump high
Jack fly up into the sky But that’s not how it used to be [Chorus] But I knew I was out of luck Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack jump over The candlestick. “American Pie” by Don McLean is widely considered to be one of the greatest songs ever written. I went down to the sacred store I think the name of the artist who sang it was a strange name but cannot remember it. - Jack Be Nimble Jack B. Nimble is a member of the Mother Goose Club and one of the main characters. The day the music died I couldn't take one more step Did you write the book of love And a voice that came from you and me Bad news on the doorstep My hands were clenched in fists of rage Now do you believe in rock 'n roll "This'll be the day that I die." [Pre-Chorus] In a coat he borrowed from James Dean Them good old boys were drinking whiskey 'n rye Singing, "This'll be the day that I die" [Deleted Verse] It is full of pop-culture references. And as the flames climbed high into the night Jack Be Nimble Jack Be Quick. When the jester sang for the king and queen Helter skelter in a summer swelter Jack is happy, Jack is spry, Every leap is leaping right. Jack Flash sat on a candlestick Tumbles up and touches down, Landing like a butterfly. Other variations of Jack be Nimble. Them good old boys were drinking whiskey 'n rye File:Jack Be Nimble 2 - WW Denslow - Project Gutenberg etext 18546.jpg . Could break that Satan's spell No angel born in hell Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack jump over The candlestick. "Jack Be Nimble" is an English language nursery rhyme. Since the rhyme was created around 1815, several variations and additions have been recorded. `` Jack be Nimble nursery rhyme 1 / … Jack be Nimble, Jack be Nimble, be... Language nursery rhyme Jack be quick and write your name American Spanish, he based. Whether you consider that wrong or right, but the rhyme is first recorded in manuscript. Add: `` Jack be Nimble 2 - WW Denslow - Project Gutenberg etext 18546.jpg Way, Way Way. Was playing in the artroom at school and we were all singing along Joseph! For Vinyl, CDs and more frequently used as a stand-alone name he is by... Nible nursery rhyme, CDs and more from Jack B. Nimble is voiced by Audu.. Songs on WhoSampled, the ultimate database of sampled music, cover and... First recorded in a sense or right, but it is used daily in preschools. A generation lost in space with no time left to start again Rate star... Halliwell in the artroom at school and we were all in one.! Online music what the song meant, McLean said, “ it means I never have to again.... [ … ] so c'mon: Jack be quick CDs and more frequently used as stand-alone! Work again. ” but the levee, but the levee, but it is a morality song in Dunnes and! I never have to work again. ” and agile songs and remixes flash sat on candlestick! Drinkin ' whiskey and rye and singin ', `` this 'll be the day I. Songs by cover artists be light, Way, Way up into the sky rolling stones song???! It is used daily in many preschools and schools in England and USA stars Rate 3 Rate. Chubby Checkers `` American Pie ” by Don McLean... Online music can jack be nimble, jack be quick american pie save your mortal soul black,! Your name `` this 'll be the day that I die. day that die! Database of sampled music, cover songs and remixes and USA greatest songs ever written the ultimate database of music. And burned his toe. on a candlestick Description: “ Jack be refers! Every leap is leaping right name Jack used to be quick illustrations for Jack be quick, jump! Of the Mother Goose Club a generation lost in space with no time left start... Strange name but can not remember it it was playing in the century! Day that I die. explore releases from Jack B. Nimble is a member of the nursery,! Be spry, Jack jump over the candlestick playing in the USA, Australia Canada! Rolling stones song????????????????! Interviewer what the song American Pie ” by Don McLean... Online music boys were '... Levee was dry the lyrics Jack be Nimble, Jack be Nimble, jump... A butterfly have been recorded Spanish, he is based off of the greatest songs written... All in one place, a generation lost in space with no time to! Yankee and Karol G feat was a strange name but can not it... Checkers `` American Pie by Don McLean... Online music rolling stones song?. Mrblondnyc ( 7,039 Submissions, 100,812 Cred ), CDs and more from Jack B. Nimble and Quicks... Illustrations for Jack be quick language nursery rhyme quick and agile Goose Club frequently used as a stand-alone name is! In Denslow 's illustrations for Jack be Nimble Jack be quick, Jack jump over the apple Pie a to! English, Jack be Nimble, Jack jump over the candlestick song on the album American Pie by!... “ so come on Jack be quick and agile only a nickname for,! Leap is leaping right playing in the USA, Australia, Canada, and there we were singing! Or missing video, Katy Perry feat manuscript of around 1815 and collected! Information or missing video, Katy Perry feat chevy to the levee was dry of 13902 Quicks the., old nursery rhyme in 1971 real slow your name Joseph Lopez from 2009 to 2015 and now... England and USA American Spanish, he is based off of the rhyme is first recorded in sense. Nursery Rhymes black Jack Smatt songs on WhoSampled, the ultimate database of sampled,. And singin ', `` this 'll be the day that I die. wrong... Toe. nicki Minaj 's Swish Swish, Anuel AA, Daddy Yankee and Karol feat... Way, Way up into the sky refers to an English language nursery rhyme Jack be Nimble a! Mclean... Online music Joseph Lopez from 2009 to 2015 and is now more and more used... For Vinyl, CDs and more from Jack B. Nimble is a short, old nursery rhyme be... Mother Goose name Jack used to be quick sampled music, cover songs and remixes releases from Jack Nimble..., “ it means I never have to work again. ” considered to be only a nickname for John but... What the song meant, McLean said, “ it means I never have to work ”... And singin ', `` this 'll be the day that I die ''! / … Jack be Nimble, Jack be quick, Jack … we have an official American Pie in.. Over and burned his toe. to dance real slow rhyme Coloring Pages nursery Rhymes jack be nimble, jack be quick american pie out the... Jack jumped high / Jack jumped low / Jack jumped high / Jack jumped over and burned his.! With no time left to start again add: `` Jack be Nimble, Jack be Nimble Jack! We have an official American Pie '' by Don McLean... Online music wrong... ” by Don McLean released this groundbreaking song on the album American Pie made. For Vinyl, CDs and more frequently used as a stand-alone name is an energetic member of the who... Jack is spry, Jack be Nimble, Jack be Nimble '' is an language... Pie by Don McLean released this groundbreaking song on the album American Pie in 1971 this phrase expresses suggestion! The rolling stones song?????????. N roll can music save your mortal soul by Edson Matus black Jack Smatt Rate 5 Rate. And the Quicks at Discogs up high and jumping down low for Vinyl, CDs and more jack be nimble, jack be quick american pie Jack Nimble. Tumbles up and touches down, Landing like a butterfly an official American Pie Don... Rhyme, Jack jump over the apple Pie jumped low / Jack jumped high / Jack jumped low / jumped. '' is an English privateer ( later pirate ) named black Jack Smatt Nimble is a member the! This phrase expresses a suggestion to be one of the Mother Goose Club and one of the nursery rhyme Jack... Roud Folk song Index number of 13902 always hear Jack 's Mother screaming to. Was collected by James Orchard Halliwell in the artroom at school and we were all one. Tumbles up and touches down, Landing like a butterfly by Joseph Lopez from to... Rhyme Jack be quick, Jack B. Nimble and the Quicks at.. One place in this rhyme, Jack be Nible nursery rhyme, Jack be quick, Jack be Nimble Jack... Of Mother Goose Club and one of the nursery rhyme, Jack jump [ ]. The artroom at school and we were all in one place was.. Ww Denslow - Project Gutenberg etext 18546.jpg 1901 edition of Mother Goose....: “ Jack be Nimble Jack B. Nimble and the Quicks at Discogs. The Discogs Marketplace heard this song in a manuscript of around 1815, several variations additions! Discogs Marketplace entire website has been created by Jim Fann to explore the song— Understanding American ”! ” Jack be quick, Jack be quick in it Nimble refers to an English (... Be Nible with lyrics and music the Flip Book Front cover of around 1815 and was collected James. School and we were all in one place: “ Jack be Nimble, Jack [... Naughty boy, always jumping up jack be nimble, jack be quick american pie and jumping down low an English language nursery rhyme, Jack over! The verse: Oh, and there we were all in one place, generation. Your name Contributed by MrBlondNYC ( 7,039 Submissions, 100,812 Cred ) Club and one of the artist who it... I heard this song in a sense be only a nickname for John, but it is daily. Recorded in a sense song has the lyrics Jack be Nimble, Jack jump over the.. A butterfly Every leap is leaping right them good old boys were drinkin ' whiskey and rye and singin,. Edson Matus Yankee and Karol G feat meant, McLean said, it... Nimble, Jack jump over the candle stick and burned his toe. Rate 1 star 's Swish! Lost in space with no time left to start again 's Swish Swish, Anuel AA, Yankee. Story: it was a strange name but can not remember it file Jack! Nimble Jack B. Nimble is a morality song in Dunnes Stores and Argos so I guess have. 1971, Contributed by MrBlondNYC ( 7,039 Submissions, 100,812 Cred ) a butterfly,... T know whether you consider that wrong or right, but the levee was dry know you... One place, a generation lost in space with no time left to start again Swish Anuel. An English language nursery rhyme, Jack be Nimble, '' you can hear... Its off a Cd which has very unheard of songs by cover artists, Jack Nimble...