Delicious and juicy Southern Fried Shrimp will be a hit at your dinner! Chop the onion and garlic and sprinkle all over it, plus all the herbs you think are appropriate. My main point is that I really like knowing right where my food comes from. Enjoy those fried shrimp! 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined. Our down-home batter-dipped Southern Fried Shrimp will take your taste buds to the deep south! Cook shrimp, a few at a time for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. And Yes – folks from the South also use Old Bay. Fry shrimp a few at a time, 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Shrimp all put in a freezer immediately after pulling from the traps on the boat. The recipe sounds AMAZING!! They don’t freeze them on the boat. Southern Fried Shrimp is so simple to make at home. Dip shrimp in buttermilk and dredge in flour mixture. We have a propane burner – like for a turkey fryer and use our Dutch Oven for deep frying. Easy Shrimp Cocktail is always a favorite for parties! So glad you enjoyed it! Very good we loved it and I’m not a fan of shrimp…I’m a lobster girl but I will make this again yummy. Since we built our outdoor kitchen off of the pool area last summer, we have been doing all of our deep frying outside. They were perfectly cooked with little breading. As far as southerners not using Old Bay, if they don’t they are missing out! I’ve tried three different restaurants in land locked Albuquerque, but none of them held a candle to your recipe. Preheat oil to 375 °F. Fresh, wild caught Gulf Coast shrimp, doused in a milk and egg bath, then dusted with a light coating of seasoned flour and quickly deep fried to crunchy perfection. Make sure to coat the shrimp really well with lots of seasoned flour. I get powdered buttermilk from the store or on line and keep it in the freezer. Toss to coat thoroughly. INGREDIENTS 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined1 cup all-purpose flour1 In another cake pan, mix together the flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and … What’s different about “southern style” fried shrimp? I must say this was a delicious recipe! This was exactly the type of recipe I was looking for, I almost ate all of the shrimp myself. Heat oil to 350°F in a large pot or deep fryer. A delicious dinner or easy appetizer for game day parties and celebrations. You can use milk or you can stir about a tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar into the milk for a buttermilk substitute. That might help the breading stick. Chicken Fried Steak Bites with Country Gravy, https://www.southernliving.com/seasonings/spices/old-bay-seasoning. In a separate shallow baking dish, whisk together … Whisk together the egg, milk and hot sauce; add shrimp to mixture. It is less expensive and also has a good smoke point for deep frying. 5. You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook. I have countless shrimp recipes simply because I can’t get enough of it and neither can my family. See more ideas about seafood recipes, fried shrimp, cooking recipes. Baked Panko-Crusted Fish Fillets 35 mins Ratings. ~Milisa. Garlic Chicken and Shrimp 35 mins Ratings. Add the milk, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp granulated garlic, and shrimp to a large bowl and let it sit for 10 minutes. Of course, there are many, many ways to prepare shrimp…but this, we think, tops ’em all. 4. Thanks for stopping by to let me know. Fresh, wild caught Gulf Coast shrimp, doused in a milk and egg bath, then dusted with a light coating of seasoned flour and quickly deep fried to crunchy perfection. Made with a buttermilk and Old Bay seasoned flour for a crispy and delicious coating. Using cracker meal or corn meal makes it a southern favorite that everyone loves. Serve the fried shrimp as an appetizer or entree. This delicious take on everyone’s favorite fried rice, ready in just 15 short minutes, is the perfect dish for a late summer meal. My Mama was from Alabama and when I was a kid (in the 50s and 60s) She would ask her sister who was in Alabama, send her up some Old Bey because she couldn’t find it in Pittsburgh at that time. So. Let me know how it does if you try it. Thanks for sharing! Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Join now and get my Top Dinner Recipes ECookbook download, free! Pair with Fried Catfish, classic Hush Puppies and and Fried Okra for the ultimate Southern Fish Fry. Shrimp is an extremely popular food around the world, and apparently, it has been for thousands of years. Famous movies may share the many ways to enjoy shrimp—and we certainly can't argue with the encyclopedia of options—but here at Southern Living all we want to do is make sure that when you get these great crustaceans on your plate they are perfectly seasoned and beautifully cooked so you enjoy every bite. Shrimp cook really quickly. Pat dry with a paper towel to remove most of the water. Apr 18, 2019 - Explore JoAnn Tinsley's board "southern fried shrimp", followed by 145 people on Pinterest. The south is considered anywhere below the Mason-Dixon Line. Misha, Yes we do freeze them on the boat. I did not have buttermilk so I put 1bsp of lemon juice in a cup of milk. Join now and get my Top Dinner Recipes EBook! ~Miss. The oil should be about 375 degrees F. Remove the shrimp from the oil and place it on a plate with paper towel. Hi Trey, Thank you! I just like to use uncooked because it allows the flavors to soak into the shrimp more for a better flavor. How to Make Southern Fried Shrimp: Peel and devein shrimp. Jul 11, 2017 - Classic Southern Fried Shrimp from Deep South Dish blog. HOW TO PREPARE SOUTHERN-FRIED SHRIMP So crunchy, suc... Read more Southern-Fried Shrimp … Preheat vegetable or peanut oil to 350 degrees. Add the salt, if you fancy some pepper. Preheat the deep fryer or heat oil in a large heavy pot to 350 degrees. Definitely with a spritz of oil. I’m here to share my love of cooking and adventures of raising 3 boys with my husband on our Oklahoma cattle ranch. Yeah. Some of my favorites are Chicken Fried Steak Bites with Country Gravy, Fried Pickles, and Fried Apple Hand Pies just to name a few. Serve it up with some creamy tartar sauce and crunchy fries and what a meal! Those shrimp look so crispy and fried to perfection I’m drooling over here! I love to cook outside and having an outdoor kitchen sounds like a dream. Of course, you can’t forget the Hush Puppies, and while you’re at it, throw in some Cheese Garlic Biscuits, Deep Fried Mac n Cheese Balls, Honey Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread, or a Tomato Avocado Salad. Southern-Fried Shrimp with Homemade Cocktail Sauce. See more ideas about Fried shrimp, Homemade cocktail sauce, Homemade cocktails. Of course, you can! Oh, and their chicken tenders are amazing too—they are so juicy. Apparently you don’t, which is fine. I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical but couldn’t resist the idea of some delicious shrimp caught right off the coast of Louisiana. Let sit for about 5 minutes and the milk turns into buttermilk. The food is always on point. We bought shrimp by the 50 pound box back in the restaurant days. Delicious, fast and easy! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you stay awhile, you are bound to find some delicious food! Best idea ever! I’m lactose intolerant and used almond milk instead and it worked great! This fried shrimp recipe is for shrimp with a light, but crispy coating. In about 15 minutes, from start to finish, you’ll have a tasty meal of crispy seafood ready to go. Remove the shrimp from the milk mixture and coat well with the seasoned flour. Southern Fried Shrimp Recipe. There either fresh or frozen. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window). 2 minutes cooking time for jumbo shrimp was perfect. Copyright ©2020, Cooked by Julie. Remove the shrimp from the half and half, shaking off excess, and place in the bowl with the flour mixture. Growing up in the family catfish restaurant, I truly learned to appreciate everything deep fried! Shrimp took about 60 seconds and I used jumbo, mushrooms about 2 … It came in 10 pound blocks with 5 blocks per case. All Rights Reserved. The best fried food in South Texas.. Vegetable Oil also works well. Place the whole dish in the pan, over low heat. Easy Cornmeal Biscuits 27 mins Ratings. Fry the shrimp for 3-4 minutes or until crispy in oil. Thank you for commenting xoxo, Your email address will not be published. Peanut Oil is the best. Remove to a paper towel lined wire rack over a baking sheet to drain. Make sure your shrimp is dry – easy to pat dry with paper towels before you bread them. Shrimp is my favorite for a quick dinner! Shake off additional flour. Dip these in honey mustard or serve as a main entree. I’m from the South, I use Old Bay and I love it. When the oil is hot, remove one third of the shrimp from the flour mixture, shaking off any excess, and carefully to the hot oil.