Haven’t seen any of purple majesty potatoes around here. Very novel! Get FREE ACCESS to every recipe and rating from theis season of our TV show. It’s been a while since I’ve grown Purple Majesty potatoes. I just had purple sprouting broccoli.. nothing purple as ever looks this yummy , Thanks for dropping by and your comment , I love this purple majesty potatoes. Thanks for your comment and dropping by! Perhaps, they look extraordinary and that got me thinking if they taste the same? 1 offer from $18.50. High in anthocyanin antioxidants, it's better for you too. While they are purple in color, don’t be fooled, however. Ciao! However, that may just have been my mind playing tricks on me, because of the grape-like coloring (more taste testing is definitely needed). very pretty!! Purple Majesty is a superb potato with the taste and texture of an ordinary variety, but boasting vivid purple flesh which retains its colour during cooking. I did roughly mention about the benefits of eating colourful vegetables in this post. Yes, not sure about the GMO foods but I love the antioxidant thingy …, I saw purple yam in the freezer sections in the Asian grocer this morning… . , 6 purple majesty potato, peeled Antioxidant! Hope you have a wonderful day. Though, taste the same, I just think it’s special! And erm.. i like purple. Thanks for dropping by and your comment. I think I have started to fall in love with purplish vegs… can’t help but always keep an eye on purple vegs these days.. , Oh! The purple color doesn't mean it tastes fruity … Mike Sizemore, a sweet potato farmer, received some purple-colored potatoes as a gift from an unidentified woman. Last Chance! . I started out with only … Continue reading "Variety Review – Purple Majesty Potato" =). This variety has low resistance to dry rot Fusarium sulphureum , potato virus Yn, late blight on foliage and late blight on tubers.The variety has resistance to potato virus A. To further explore how … As to purple carrots, now that’s what I call rarity! So if I could find these potatoes here I would certainly buy them! I love purple veggies… will start to watch out for others! Love the colour, they are gorgeous. They don’t taste like eggplant, purple grapes, … Jul 1, 2013 - No, purple is not my favourite colour but I’m always intrigued by purple vegetables. lb purple majesty potato, washed, scrubbed and peeled (cut in half or quartered depending on size) 2 -3. shallots, peeled and minced. Yay yay! It indeed has some extras compared to the normal white potato. . The kids loved it. Ahh.. darker colour ones? Well, the fact is that purple majesty potato is said to contain up to 10 times the level of antioxidant, anthocyanins, compared with … They are just so delicious. No way! It’s a great news for my son who is really crazy about purple colour. Besides, it could have a positive effect on blood vessels and reducing blood pressure. Brand: Northshire Seed Farms: Plant or animal product type: Vegetables: USDA Hardness Zone: 2.0 4.0 6.0 12.0 10.0 8.0 11.0 7.0 5.0: Customers who viewed this item also viewed . Ciao bella! Although, I can only imagine what color the soup was once you added carro Salad looks good though! Serve them alongside a meat or fish main dish for a wholesome, pretty addition to your meal! Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions we get about this brightly colored veggie. These are beautiful! What makes purple potatoes purple and other purple potato facts. This variety is particularily suitable for salads / punnets. Blue/purple potatoes have moist, firm flesh that retains its shape while adding rich, vibrant color and luscious taste to your meal. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It just makes you stop and notice. 1. Yay for colored vegetables! oooh la la – purple veggies… who woulda thought it? Baking or Russet and red, sometimes gold is all I knew growing up. It is interesting.. The Majesty gets a lot of attention due to its dark purple color which is more intense than in any other variety. . Love your salad to. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Perhaps, they look extraordinary and that got me thinking if they taste the same? Oh yes, definitely a great news for your son! Potatoes are very versetile and they never disappoint me.. Wow I’ve never seen potatoes that look like these. salt and freshly ground black pepper. It is really a simple dish and I think the spring onions make a lot of difference in lifting the dressing. I think it has been since Landreth Seeds went out of business. Instead, substitute them in recipes that call for Yukon Gold potatoes. I just love the stunning bright purple colour! I haven’t tried purple sweet potatoes before.. don’t think I have come across.. is it nicer? $7.50 (1 Pound) Color Mix Seed Potato Mix, Speciality Potato, Blue, Red, Yellow, White, Excellent 2.1 out of 5 stars 31. I haven’t these potatoes in Australia. These tubers are easily identified by their vibrant, ink-colored skin, and they may have a smooth to russeted texture, a somewhat uniform to indented profile, and have shallow to medium-set eyes scattered across the surface. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut into large chunks. Purple Majesty. , Purple potato!! They retain enough starch to be suitable for baking or mashing, but are at their best roasted, in soups, or mixed into a potato salad. Ingredients. It looks beautiful! You’d think that for my first time, I would have grown something pretty standard, like Russet or Yukon Gold. Looks intriguing for sure. Information about Purple Majesty Potatoes including applications, nutritional value, taste, seasons, availability, storage, restaurants, cooking, geography and history. We often get questions about them. They don't taste like grapes or eggplants just because they have the same color inside. Ahh cool! I must say, though the purple potatoes salad does look very pretty on the plate, though. Drain in a colander and set aside to cool slightly. I used it to make tong sui. And who can ever resist potato salad. 1 tsp Dijon mustard These days, many supermarkets and farmers' markets offer eye-catching varieties of purple potatoes. Yeah, you might be surprised but is the truth. Although, these baby potatoes were absolutely delicious. My curiosity always gets the best of me when I’m food shopping and I end up getting unusual things too. I think I start to develop great interest with purple vegs! 3.0 out of 5 stars 36 ratings. Required fields are marked *. I love all potatoes and those especiallly. Both of these all-purpose potatoes are hybrids with a lower starch content than traditional blue and Peruvian potatoes. I wish I could grow some!! Perhaps, they look extraordinary and that got me thinking if they taste the same? Stokes Purple® sweet potatoes have been described as having a mildly sweet, floral taste. Anthocyanin! Experienced Member; Location: Slough; 174; Re: Purple Majesty seed Potatoes? Thank you! Bag - Heirloom - Great Taste! They use them in making things like potato salad, too, just like you. Also, according to the Potato Research Centre in New Brunswick the potatoes known as Congo, British Columbia Blue, McIntosh Black, River John Blue, Sharon's Blue and Nova Scotia Blue are all genetically identical. There is more to three options in the potato world. I have yet seen these beautiful and unusual colour of tomatoes in the market. Thank you, ciao, Sabry. In fact, it looks really yummy especially with the creamy dressing . Heirloom and hybrid purple potato varieties range from solid purple to a mixture of purple and white. Learn real cooking skills from your favorite food experts, The iconic magazine that investigates how and why recipes work, American classics, everyday favorites, and the stories behind them, Experts teach 200+ online courses for home cooks at every skill level, Kid tested, kid approved: Welcome to America’s Test Kitchen for the next generation. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window). Facebook0Yummly0Pin0Tweet0 I recently had my very first potato harvest. We roasted Adirondack Blue, Purple Creamer, and Purple Majesty potatoes and found that all the samples tasted quite earthy and that they ranged in texture from fairly smooth to very grainy. Wow! We recommend skipping purple potatoes in recipes where the starch content is critical to success, such as potato latkes or gnocchi. The purple potato comes with special names, such as purple majesty, purple viking and purple Peruvian, and is usually available all year long. Not the normal kind of potato salad that we usually have. Wow….Tese potatoes look fit for a king! Brand: Northshire Seed Farms. Thanks for dropping by! Yeah, I totally agree with you about food that is good to eat and a joy to admire! The colour purple is just so intriguing, whether or not we like it. It is softer but tastier. ... Offer your baby mashed purple potatoes for finger painting or long spears of purple potato fries. But nope. Despite their vibrant colors, purple potatoes taste very much like regular ones: Earthy and slightly nutty. Besides being an attractive side dish, purple potatoes are also healthier than the typical potato: they’re high in antioxidants and may even lower your blood pressure and prevent blood clots. They have a blue-purple to almost black outer skin and an inner flesh that’s brilliant purple, even after cooking. I start to loving purple vegs.. Purple carrot? Vitelotte in french. purple potatoes are so good. Wow, so pretty! 2.8 out of 5 stars 35. Page 1 of 1: Purple Majesty are apparently an early maincrop type of potatoe. Apparently blue potatoes have the same anti-oxidants as blueberries. , Purple vegetables always look fabulous on the plates. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Anyway, I saw this year that Peaceful Valley is selling them via their online website called Grow Organic. I need to check out when I go to France. I started to look high and low for purple yam! That’s the power of purple! Lesley, I think purple will soon be my favourite colour.. I love purple or violet color…glad this time I can leave my comment here..when I was here to post comment for your previous post this comment column didn’t open up! Ciao Leemei, I love this colour! Purple Majesty and Adirondack Blue Potatoes. 3. I did not find any this year and no more in my yard either. Page 1 of 1 Start over Page 1 of 1 . and, nice to have find your blog. I am not too sure of purple food but this potato salad looks great! $4.90. Hi Soma, Reading from other comments – I steamed them in a cooker instead of boiling them straight dunked in water and it did not lose any color!! . I think we both are curious people . This is beautiful! Purple Majesty seed Potatoes? I went to earth them up for the Despite their differences, all three varieties seemed similar to Yukon Gold potatoes, a medium-moisture, medium-starch variety. While all the purple potatoes made acceptable home fries, the purple gnocchi were dense and gummy across the board, due to their low starch levels. Description/Taste Purple potatoes range in size and are oblong to round in shape, averaging 10-15 centimeters in diameter depending on the variety.