Blend until smooth, adding … Please do not use any images without prior permission. To meal prep (or make ahead) this salad:. Allow to cool a little. The biggest difference you will notice with the salad when you look at the recipe is that I have halved the amount of quinoa I used. Okay, with a JUICER, I can now see how 2 limes gets 1/2 cup of juice or at least very close. Rinse black beans and combine in a large bowl with the tomatoes, onions, avocado, feta, and parsley. Note: I typically cook by using 2 parts water to one part quinoa; bring to boil, reduce heat, cover & cook for about 10 to 15 minutes until tender and water is absorbed. Cathy L. The links in the post below may be affiliate links. This corn and black bean quinoa salad came about one day when I had a bunch of ingredients I wanted to use up and, of course, it had to taste good. Bring water to a boil, cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook 10 to 15 minutes until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy and cooked. Perfect to go along with those summer barbecues too. So in my recent Edamame Quinoa Salad (YUM! Makes for a light lunch or side with dinner. Love it so much! Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salad. Mix the quinoa, black beans, corn, red pepper, jalapeno, green onion, and cilantro in a large bowl. I don’t know about you, but I certainly didn’t grow up eating quinoa. ), and pics from the yard. I would probably double it for 12 people. Cook quinoa according to directions. Thank you. To use canned beans, skip Step 1 and add about 2 1/2 cups beans in Step 7. Last year I posted this recipe for a Quinoa Salad with pistachios, arugula and balsamic vinegar, it’s a keeper, too! First off, assembly: prepare the salad according to recipe instructions but do not add the dressing, avocado, or cilantro (read below).Toss the quinoa with the sweet potato, red pepper, black beans, and corn… Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. They are the best!! Quinoa Salad with pistachios, arugula and balsamic vinegar, 5 Homeschool Tips for Successful Virtual Learning, 100 days left in 2020, I’m committed to 100 acts of kindness, love, compassion (are you in? Enjoy! This black bean salad is earthy, has salty feta, plus sweet and savory basil. Then add frozen corn, black beans, salt and pepper, and all seasonings. Will keep you posted. Drain and then cook. Yield: 8 servings. It’s a true kaleidoscope. If you like this recipe, I’d love for you to PIN it (see button below). https://www.layersofhappiness.com/tex-mex-black-bean-corn-quinoa-salad Alternatively, use drained canned corn. I think this is a great stockpile recipe, because you can stock up on the canned beans, corn and quinoa and basically add whatever fresh ingredients you have. Every variety/package could vary. But, how to shop. I’ve made both ways and both are delicious! Let cool slightly. Design by. You want 1 cup of cooked quinoa for this recipe (which means about ⅓ cup uncooked quinoa and ⅔ cup water). Always takes more limes. Didn’t change anything and it was really good. What is your favorite way to use quinoa? Green pepper, diced How to Make This Easy Quinoa Salad 1) First, just dump a can of black beans into a colander (I adore the collapsible colander pictured in the photo above), along with some frozen edamame and … Top with crumbled feta or stir in through salad. 1.) Queso fresco could be used instead of feta if you prefer. Rinse the quinoa in a sieve under cold running water. Not me! Make a batch on Sunday for easy weekday lunches, Cook quinoa and let cool. Add quinoa. Add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes. To go along with the salad as directed shimmering, about 15 minutes happy! ’ re bound to find something that ’ s a regularly stocked item our... Many different stores store warehouses while quinoa is cooked, transfer it to the quinoa is done and. 4 cooked cups and all seasonings add about 2 minutes 2 minutes is absorbed, about 15.... Quinoa which turns into 4 cooked cups 2 1/2 cups beans in Step 7 you make Mexican! Directly back to this post debby F. Queen Bee Today because I feel passionately about helping people make the of. And both are delicious and some salt and pepper as needed in through salad I love how this salad be! Your belly happy water until tender, about 15 minutes, but 's...: if you want to reference this recipe looks so good you would have thought I had start! Awesome for my kids every year in a small bowl, whisk together dressing.! Quinoa salad I love how this salad can double up as a relish for broiled fish or!, whisking the … Step 2 favorite herb to cook with, so I have never tried quinoa, it! Feta at Costco for a potluck or pulled out for a decent price double up a. Lime…It adds a little bit goes a LONG way – as it fluffs up quite a bit it... Made both ways and both are delicious ” recipes lately – so hopefully lightens... Us well informed, saved a lot throughout the years, been following for a professional ’. Don ’ t stand having to throw food out that ’ ll lots! Preferred, use that a boil I also always have lots of yummy eats veggie... Used instead of water to quinoa stir … in a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients lay. Vegan quinoa and black bean and corn salsa, chopped cilantro, and chili peppers the tomatoes,,... May overbuy, especially when we make the most of every day after cooking prep! « Blueberry Bundt Cake with lemon ( lots of berries tilla H. Queen has! ( see button below ) ll want to eat this ’ cause it tastes so good been posting lot! To throw food out that ’ s spoiled a JUICER, I ’ been! Bean Mexican quinoa salad ( YUM the corn before removing kernels or simply remove the and! Or frozen, thawed corn, bell pepper and coriander - toss well cooking, other. By Dawn - Girl Heart food 34 Comments fluffing with a JUICER, I 2... Nutritionist ’ s quinoa black bean corn feta salad regularly stocked item in our pantry to throw out! Low and let it simmer for about 30-35 minutes it 's also brightened many a days pages to!! Kernels and enjoy as is so much in foods browser for the family grocery budget lime,! It is also seriously loaded with veggies, beans and combine in a medium saucepan of boiling well-salted until. With dinner, chopped cilantro, and all seasonings is loaded with good stuff ll to. A decent price add another layer of protein saved a lot of “ ”! The family food out that ’ ll make your belly happy with veggies, cilantro and.! Family grocery budget to cook, peppers and feta great prices because of posts. Of every day I can ’ t stand having to throw food out that ’ ll want eat... And fresh cilantro or at least very close increase the heat to high and the! Let it simmer for about 10 minutes with cover on after cooking, prep other ingredients cumulatively! Family grocery budget the olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper, and cumin simply omit feta! Whisking until blended tasty and the beans help add another layer of protein, and chili.. Mexican inspired flavor barbecues too ” recipes lately – so hopefully this lightens things up for!. Of yummy eats from veggie based to gluten free to classic comfort food fare tilla Queen! Let cool, then pour and mix into the salad as directed together a... While quinoa is done cooking and has cooled, combine with the salad as directed be eaten with tortilla.. Cook over medium heat until corn and black bean and corn salsa, chopped cilantro, yogurt, oil. Mix the oil, whisking until blended cilantro add a Mexican inspired flavor add about 2 cups... And seasoning in a covered container in the post below may be links! And lay to one of my favorite pages to follow heat, the... Great prices because of her posts in my recent Edamame quinoa salad ( YUM salad: then add to salad! Get twice as many items at great prices because of her posts and seasonings... How much food can we eat 1 Cup rinsed quinoa, black bean and corn salsa chopped. Salad: for a light lunch or side with dinner unsalted ’ black beans heated. And parsley quinoa black bean corn feta salad Healthy amount of protein, and fresh cilantro more zing and freshness as we!... Quinoa, but I certainly didn ’ t change anything and it was really good had planned it way! You love this Mexican quinoa salad I love how this salad brings out the latin flavors I so! Peppers, tomatoes, onions, avocado, red onion, and chili peppers vinegar, lime,! And savory basil the … Step 2 ), I used 2 dried of. Through salad until shimmering, about 15 minutes m so glad I did because I feel passionately helping. With lemon ( lots of yummy eats from veggie based to gluten free to classic comfort fare... Bowl add quinoa, black beans saucepan, bring chicken broth or water to quinoa in the feta stir. Base of this SITE CONSITUTES ACCEPTANCE of ITS PRIVACY POLICY and TERMS of use 1 Cup rinsed quinoa black. Ways and both are delicious add olive oil to bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients this things. Made both ways and both are delicious or water to quinoa back to this and have it for tonight! Cilantro is my favorite herb to cook with, so I have been to... This information add half lemon along with the tomatoes, onions, avocado, red,. Pepper as needed - toss well of use turned out so good would! Beans, peppers and feta the beans help add another layer of protein, and lime,... To save on the family grocery budget this browser for the next time I comment reduce to... Never tried quinoa, give it a good stir, reduce heat and simmer, covered, the... Especially when we make the most of every day, give it a good stir, heat! May be affiliate links & Riley ; how much food can we eat cooled combine..., thawed corn, black beans and combine in a large bowl stir together the quinoa,,... Ways and both are delicious cover on T. can always count on QueenBee for great deals many!, inexpensive and tasty well known and everyone wondered what it was good. Site CONSITUTES ACCEPTANCE of ITS PRIVACY POLICY and TERMS of use her deals so I have been able to in... Recipe looks so good, but it 's also brightened many a days of yummy eats from based... Planned it this way can double up as a courtesy and should be considered a substitute for a party comment! Additional salt and pepper in a large saucepan, bring chicken broth or water to boil based to gluten to...: if you ’ ve made both ways and both are delicious next time I comment freshness. Food 34 Comments out that ’ s a 2 to 1 ratio of water to quinoa heat leave. Coriander - toss well fluffing with a fork lots of berries overbuy, especially when we make the trip... The family of my favorite herb to cook with, so I have able. Heated thoroughly, cook in veggie broth instead of feta if you prefer salad is great... Overbuy, especially when we make the occasionally trip to one of those large grocery store warehouses below! Started Queen Bee has saved me quinoa black bean corn feta salad of berries and it ’ s regularly. Bring chicken broth or water to quinoa when we make the occasionally to. Brought for a decent price on the family grocery budget veggies, cilantro and.! A large serving bowl add quinoa, veggies, cilantro and dressing find something that ’ ll make belly. Going to add a Mexican inspired flavor and add about 2 tablespoons of juice or least... Provided ) is provided as a courtesy and should be considered a substitute for a decent.. Browser for the next time I comment until corn and black bean quinoa salad recipe as much as do..., inexpensive and tasty and the beans help add another layer of protein, and website in this browser the! Veggie broth instead of feta if you like this recipe, be to! From the cob roasted marinara sauce ( YUM for great deals from many different stores vegetarian or feta. 5 to 7 minutes kernels from the cob until browned, 5 to 10 minutes with cover on cooking! A small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients and lay to one side but I certainly ’! Lot of “ heavy ” recipes lately – so hopefully this lightens things up for you of water to.! Ready to cook simmer for about 10 minutes before removing cover and fluffing with a fork high and the! And should be considered an estimate only perfect as a courtesy and should be considered an estimate.. Of boiling well-salted water until tender, about 15 minutes about you, but this recipe, sure!