When Nim’s father goes missing from their island, a twist of fate brings her together with Alexandra. A young girl alone on a remote island seeks help from an agoraphobic San Franciscan author. I'm sorry. You've been writing chapter 8 for three months now. Alexandra reads a scientific article that Jack wrote about their volcanic island and emails Jack under her pen name Alex Rover. [15], A sequel, Return to Nim's Island, was released theatrically in Australia on 4 April 2013 in 77 screens with an opening weekend box office take of AUS$176,848. : W-Wait a minute. Nim's existence mirrors that of her favorite literary character, Alex Rover, the world's greatest adventurer. : : One of her character's biggest fans is Nim Rusoe (Abigail Breslin, "Little Miss Sunshine") who leads quite a different life on a fantastic island … Anything can happen on Nim's Island, a magical place ruled by a young girl's imagination. : Buffy Colt I took a plane, I took a helicopter, I stole a boat! Nim has several native animals for company: Selkie the sea lion, Fred the bearded dragon, Chica the sea turtle, and Galileo the pelican. Sisi ilmiah dan pesan moral tentang alam disampaikan melalui film ini. : Duty calls, however, when she is contacted by Nim (Abigail Breslin), her number one fan, a feisty, independent girl whose deserted island home is threatened by invaders. Scottish hunk Gerard Butler plays the dual role of Nim's father and the intrepid Alex Rover, an Indiana Jones with a heartier laugh, who appears to Alexandra and haunts Nim's imagination. Anything can happen on Nim's Island, a magical place ruled by a young girl's imagination. jkimbrue. Alexandra Rover : Alexandra, it's Buffy, your favorite editor. : Drowsy? Nim receives an email addressed to her father from "Alex Rover" enquiring about Jack's field of knowledge. Alexandra Rover Nim's Island has all the adventure and fun a kid could want to watch. P.S. Wasn't I supposed to read something two weeks ago? The writer of a popular series of adventure novels featuring the daring Alex Rover, Alexandra Rover (Jodie Foster) is nothing like her famously dashing literary creation. Shh! Alex Rover Nim's Island (2008) - Jodie Foster as Alexandra Rover - IMDb. I'm not afraid to go out! Because the whole world loves Alex Rover. : 30 notes . Fortunately, Jack reaches the island windsurfing on a makeshift catamaran. The island is visited by uncouth tourists whom Nim believes to be pirates, since the name of their cruise liner is The Buccaneer. Are you all alone wherever you are? I just worry about you, darling sitting at your computer, living on a diet of only Progresso Soup. Nim's Island - Insula din vis. Abigail Breslin plays 12-year-old Nim, who lives a great life on an uninhabited island paradise with her microbiologist dad Jack (Gerard Butler). No pressure, no pressure, no pressure. Alexandra Rover Jack Nim's Island poster. Objavljeno 31 March, 2021 . Alex Rover The next day, Nim starts to cry, reasoning that her ever-successful father would be back by then if he were still alive. Scottish hunk Gerard Butler plays the dual role of Nim's father and the intrepid Alex Rover, an Indiana Jones with a heartier laugh, who appears to Alexandra and haunts Nim's imagination. But Alexandra, the author of the Rover books, leads a reclusive life in the big city. and a men… Alexandra Rover Now, they must draw courage from their fictional hero, Alex Rover, and find strength in each other to conquer Nim's Island… 'When my dad gets back'? Anything can happen on Nim's Island, a magical place ruled by a young girl's imagination. Anything can happen on Nim's Island, a magical place ruled by a young girl's imagination. This might be two stories too many. And the Buccaneers are coming to take over the island. Adventure 2008 1 hr 36 min. It is an existence that mirrors that of her favorite literary character, Alex Rover- the world's greatest adventurer. : Duty calls, however, when she is contacted by Nim (Abigail Breslin), her number one fan, a feisty, independent girl whose deserted island home is threatened by invaders. : When Nim's father goes missing from their island, a twist of fate brings her together with Alexandra. Don't they make you drowsy? Helpful. He's a great fan of yours. Alex Rover Hmm. What are these? Nim's Island (DVD) : Nim Rusoe is a young girl who inhabits an isolated island with her scientist father and communicates, via e-mail, with the reclusive author of the novel she has been reading. Bahwa Nim dan Jack bisa hidup dari alam tanpa kemewahan yang ditawarkan dunia. [immitating Alex's Scottish accent]  Life is an adventure for a courageous youngster named Nim (Abigail Breslin), who lives on an exotic island with her marine-biologist father. Hmm, what an unusual name. Alexandra Rover (Jodie Foster, "The Brave One") writes adventure novels attributed to Alex Rover, yet lives reclusively in San Francisco. #nim #return to nims island #sea lion #nims island. Trivia. Alex Rover Buffy Colt "Nim's Island" is three stories in one. I will be when my dad gets back. It is an existence that mirrors that of her favorite literary character, Alex Rover - the world's greatest adventurer. Go away. Oh, airplanes. Jack takes the boat for a two-day scientific mission to find Protozoa nim, a new species of plankton he has named after his daughter. Jack: No parties while I'm gone! Are you familiar with it? Company Credits In the Cook Islands, they use a stem of a Simarouba plant to keep out infection. Jack Movie (2008) Starring: Abigail Breslin (Nim Rusoe) Jodie Foster (Alex Rover (Alexandra Rover)) Gerard Butler (Jack Rusoe / Alex Rover) Anthony Simcoe (First Mate) A young girl inhabits an isolated island with her scientist father and communicates with a … : Hey. Cerita Nim’s Island simpel tapi menarik. When Nim’s father goes missing from their island, a twist of fate brings her together with Alexandra. She even is afraid of going out of the house to get her own mail. Alex Rover The makers of "Nim's Island" obviously ig­nored this advice in adapting Wendy Orr's 2002 children's book for the screen -- the movie revolves around a girl who lives alone with her marine biologist father and several exotic pets on a tropical island in the middle of nowhere. Alex Rover See more ideas about Nims island, Island, Bindi irwin. Go. As per the latest figures, 1,013,100 DVD units have been sold, grossing $21.4 million in the US. But Alexandra, the author of the Rover books, leads a reclusive life in the big city. Sincerely, Alex Rover. Based on the book by Wendy Orr. When Nim’s father goes missing from their island, a twist of fate brings her together with Alexandra. In the movie, Alex Rover is a fictional character whom Alexandra Rover has written who imagines that her fictional character is real, and she also imagines talking to him. [reading an e-mail]  Nim Rusoe: The writer, and the scientist. [reading e-mail]  Filming & Production This marked the first time in a decade that he recorded a score in Los Angeles.[14]. The author, in turn, is a neurotic agoraphobe who likes to imagine she is speaking to her fictional hero Alex Rover (also portrayed by Butler). No, it isn't just grrreat. Sebab yang ia tahu, Alex Rover adalah seorang laki-laki. : [13], The score to Nim's Island was composed by award-winning composer Patrick Doyle. He tells the others, but they do not believe him. Dear Nim, are you Jack's research associate? And my leg is swollen and bleeding. Nim is left alone on the island for a few days when Jack leaves on a scientific voyage to find rare algae. The film ends with them all playing on the beach using a coconut as a ball. Inspired by ancient legends and her favorite books penned by the reclusive author Alexandra Rover (Jodie Foster), Nim leads a wild and exciting life. : Alexandra Rover Nim." Alex Rover Box Office Mojo reports AUS$1.1 million in revenues overall.[16]. From Nim." Sve može da se desi na Niminom ostrvu, mestu na kome mašta luduje i caruje avantura. It opened at #1 at the DVD sales chart, selling 466,326 DVD units and earning $8.4 million. In real life, Alex Rover is Alexandra Rover (Jodie Foster), an incredibly agoraphobic writer who doesn't leave her San Francisco home for weeks at a time. : I'm 11, and my father's gone. The song playing over the closing credits is "Beautiful Day" by U2. The tourists scramble for the boats. | : Alexandra Rover [looks at a photo]  But Alexandra, the author of the Rover books, leads a reclusive life in the big city. You love me. : Jack has told Nim that her mother Emily died when she was swallowed by a blue whale after it was scared by a ship called The Buccaneer. Everything! When Nim's father goes missing from their island, a twist of fate brings her together with Alexandra. Alex Rover You're thinking. [10] In its opening weekend, Nim's Island grossed $13.3 million in 3,513 theaters in the United States and Canada, ranking #2 at the box office behind 21. Film ini baik ditonton untuk anak-anak dan keluarga. Jack has told Nim that her mother Emily died when she was swallowed by a blue whale after it was scared by a ship called The Buccaneer. Release Dates But Alexandra, the author of the Rover books, leads a reclusive life in the big city. An adventure comedy, NIM’S ISLAND is about becoming the hero of your own story -- as a girl who thought she was alone and a grown woman who thought she was scared of the world discover they can be so much more than they ever dreamed. Dear Nim, the most important thing for a cut is to make sure that it's kept clean and dry. The film's soundtrack CD was released on 8 April 2008 from Varèse Sarabande. But Alexandra, author of the Rover books, leads a reclusive life in the big city. When Nim's father goes missing on the island that they both live on, Nim must use the help of author Alex Rover, who is not the adventurer that Nim imagined. : : Anything can happen on Nim's Island, a magical place ruled by a young girl's imagination. No pressure, no pressure, no pressure. But Alexandra, the author of the Rover books, leads a reclusive life in the big city. "Dear Alex Rover, I'm sure Jack would love to help you with your newest adventure. Nim's existence mirrors that of her favorite literary character, Alex Rover, the world's greatest adventurer. [voicemail]  Nim is delighted and answers Alex. Alexandra Rover Captain When Nim's father is lost at sea and her island paradise is thrown into peril, Nim reaches out to book hero, Alex Rover (Gerard Butler) for help. What are you talking about? Nim's dad disappears on a research mission -- you know any time someone … : Who are you, Nim? Alexandra reads a scientific article that Jack wrote about their volcanic island and emails Jack under her pen name Alex Rover. Sinoposis Nim's Island: Orice se poate întâmpla pe INSULA DIN VIS, un loc în care imaginația nu cunoaște : But Alexandra, the author of the Rover books, leads a reclusive life in the big city. Inspired by ancient legends and her favorite books penned by the reclusive author Alexandra Rover (Jodie Foster), Nim leads a wild and exciting life. Dragi Alekse Roveru, Moj otac je nestao na moru a moje ostrvo je u opasnosti. Outstanding Supporting Visual Effects in a Feature Motion Picture, "First look: All is idyllic on 'Nim's Island, "Nim's Island filming reaps 'spectacular' Hinchinbrook footage", "Nim's Island Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes", "Nim's Island (2008) - Weekend Box Office Results", "Nim's Island (2008) - Financial Information", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Nim%27s_Island&oldid=989333314, Use Australian English from September 2012, All Wikipedia articles written in Australian English, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 18 November 2020, at 11:27. Alex Rover "[9] Metacritic reported the film had an average score of 55 out of 100 based on 24 reviews. But Alexandra, the author of the Rover books, leads a reclusive life in the big city. But Alexandra, the author of the Rover books, leads a reclusive life in the big city. How old are you? Jack goes off in his sailboat to research a rare plankton phenomenon. [8], The review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes reports that 51% of 104 surveyed critics gave the film a positive review; the average rating is 5.7/10. Nim’s favorite author, Alexandra “Alex” Rover (Jodie Foster) spends her days locked up in her San Francisco apartment afraid to face the world, even as she writes swashbuckling tales featuring the brave, sarcastic hero Alex Rover (think of Indiana Jones with a Scottish brogue). So, how is the new Alex Rover coming? Potreban si mi, Alekse Roveru! Yeah. When Nim's father goes missing from the island, a twist of fate brings her together with Alexandra. Kinka. Simarouba. : 51%. Nim loves to while away the hours reading books about a male explorer called Alex Rover, written by a woman called Alexandra Rover (perfect for the resulting confusion and mix-ups – see also any Shakespeare play involving twins). Alex Rover There's nothing good about airplanes, except the peanuts... Am I allergic to peanuts? Alexandra Rover Alexandra Rover 11-year-old Nim (Abigail Breslin) lives with her widower marine biologist father Jack Rusoe (Gerard Butler) on a South Pacific island. What are you doing, Alexandra? Distributie Jodie Foster, Abigail Breslin, Gerard Butler. Nim's Island was released in 2008 and has 171 actors and actresses with connections in other movies. 0 Comment Report abuse. The film received mixed reviews from critics and earned $100.1 million on a $37 million budget. Kinka? : But Alexandra, the author of the Rover books, leads a reclusive life in the big city. I'm borderline agoraphobic. Based on the book by Wendy Orr and Kerry Millard. [responding to e-mail]  When Nim's father goes missing from the island, a twist of fate brings her together with Alexandra. Nim is fond of "Alex Rover" adventure books written by Alexandra Rover (Jodie Foster). I haven't even left my apartment in 16 weeks. After a few e-mails, Alexandra realizes that Nim isn’t Jack’s research assistant but his daughter stranded alone on an isolated island. The site's consensus reads: "Despite good intentions, Nim's Island flounders under an implausible storyline, simplistic stock characters, and distracting product placement. Now they must draw courage from their fictional hero, Alex Rover, and find strength in one another to conquer Nim's Island. Now, they must draw courage from their fictional hero, Alex Rover, and find strength in one another to conquer Nim's Island. Galileo brings Jack things he needs to fix his ship as sharks begin to circle. : Alex Rover He wants to take Nim along but she convinces him that she can manage on her own and needs to stay to oversee the imminent hatching of Chica's eggs. It is an existence that mirrors that of her favorite literary character, Alex Rover — the world's greatest adventurer. Nim.". Nim's Island, a well crafted fantasy adventure film, is the story of 11 year-old Nim, who lives on a beautiful desert Island in the middle of nowhere, with only her father. It's just the two of them but she spends her time making friends with all the animals she encounters, chatting on the computer and reading the adventure books of Alex Rover. and a menagerie of animal friends. Come. He's lost at sea. : Life is an adventure for a courageous youngster named Nim (Abigail Breslin), who lives on an exotic island with her marine-biologist father. How it ends, exactly? O Filmu: Nim’s Island (Nimino ostrvo) 2008. : But Alexandra, the author of the Rover books, leads a reclusive life in the big city. Beautiful ocean, isn't it just great? "Nim's Island" is three stories in one. Shooting took place on Hinchinbrook Island, off the northeast coast of Queensland, Australia over three weeks and ended in October 2007. The author, Alexandra Rover, is agoraphobic and lives in San Francisco. You've gotta get out of your head and into your body. : When Nim's father goes missing from their island, a twist of fate brings her together with Alexandra. Now, they must draw courage from their fictional hero, Alex Rover, and find strength in one another to conquer Nim’s Island. We both are. Bindi Irwin replaced Abigail Breslin as Nim Rusoe, Toby Wallace replaced Maddison Joyce as Edmund, and Matthew Lillard replaced Gerard Butler as Jack Rusoe, Nim's father. Anything can happen on Nim’s Island, a magical place ruled by a young girl’s imagination. You don't mean that. When Nim's father goes missing from the island, a twist of fate brings her together with Alexandra. I'm all alone. It is an existence that mirrors that of her favorite literary character, Alex Rover - the world's greatest adventurer. It's time to finish the book! It is an existence that mirrors that of her favorite literary character, Alex Rover- the world’s greatest adventurer. What are you afraid of? But Alexandra, author of the Rover books, leads a reclusive life in the big city. [11] The film had a US box office gross of $48 million and a foreign gross of $52 million, for a total gross of $100 million worldwide. Nobody knows. Aug 30, 2014 - Explore H. S. Karam's board "Nim's Island" on Pinterest. Now, they must draw courage from their fictional hero, Alex Rover, and find strength in one another to conquer Nim's Island. Alexandra begins corresponding with Nim via e-mail while working on her latest book. Jack suffers a shipwreck in a cyclone and cannot return on the planned day, nor communicate with Nim. Now they must draw courage from their fictional hero, Alex Rover, and find strength in one another to conquer Nim's Island… While the author attempts to overcome her agoraphobia to search of her, Nim tries to overcome her fear of losing her father. 7+ : I know "Translated in 21 different languages." Now they must draw courage from their fictional hero, Alex Rover, and find strength in one another to conquer Nim's Island. A guy in a cartoon asks a pelican to fly across an island and retrieve his tool belt, fine. Animated films inspire a greater suspension of disbelief, and so we aren’t bothered by gaping plot holes or (for example) wild animals that respond to complicated commands. Nim must find courage within herself to save her dad. Nim loves to while away the hours reading books about a male explorer called Alex Rover, written by a woman called Alexandra Rover (perfect for the resulting confusion and mix-ups – see also any Shakespeare play involving twins). Alexandra is severely agoraphobic, the opposite of her adventure persona. : But Alexandra, the author of the Rover books, leads a reclusive life in the big city. In so doing she inadvertently triggers an actual eruption. Alex Rover: Beautiful ocean, isn't it just great? Nim tells Alex her father has not returned as planned but Alex feels powerless to help, given that she can hardly even open her own door. Leave me alone. "Never work with children or animals," the notoriously grumpy W.C. Fields once said. April 1, 2014. "Dear Alex, regarding your question 'Am I all right?' : Alexandra Rover It stars Abigail Breslin, Jodie Foster, and Gerard Butler, and was released on 4 April 2008 by 20th Century Fox. Nim Rusoe: Nobody invades my island and gets away with it. Nim Rusoe He'll be back on Thursday. | But Alexandra, the author of the Rover books, leads a reclusive life in the big city. It is an existence that mirrors that of her favorite literary character, Alex Rover - the word's greatest adventurer. Alex Rover Nim's Island is a 2008 adventure film written and directed by Jennifer Flackett and Mark Levin, and based on the children's story of the same name by Wendy Orr. Alexandra Rover: [immitating Alex's Scottish accent] No, it isn't just grrreat. Alexandra Rover What on earth are you doing? Based on the book by Wendy Orr. But Alexandra, author of the Rover books, leads a reclusive life in the big city. [2] The film was nominated by the Visual Effects Society Awards in the category of Outstanding Supporting Visual Effects in a Feature Motion Picture. Alexandra Rover The film was shot in Hinchinbrook Island, Australia. While Rover attempts to overcome her agoraphobia in order to set out in search of her, Nim tries to overcome her fear of losing her father. Anything can happen on Nim’s Island, a magical place ruled by a young girl’s imagination. I know you're there and I know you're not going to pick up. In Nim’s imagination, Alex Rover fights off several kidnappers while blindfolded. But I'm not 'that' Alex Rover. Crude or Profane Language Nim's Island is based on Wendy Orr's children's story of the same name. The scene is illustrated with colorful children’s book animations. ... "Alex Rover" is the hero of a series of pulp novels written by Alexandra Rover (Jodie Foster).