And when I did get an answer, it did not resemble any of the answer choices. Topics covered include general accounting topics like mathematics, statistics, using spreadsheets, economics for engineers and ethics for engineers. The practice exam does a very good job of giving you questions that are similar in difficulty than what is on the actual exam. During the time I took to study for my first attempt, I too just studied the practice exam mostly, and from my experience I went into the exam expecting the same type of problems on the actual exam that were on the practice exam, maybe different numbers, but was highly disappointed. But they weren't too bad. Get a copy of the NCEES Handbook.Use it alongside your FE Review Manual.You will want to know the sequence of the sections, what data is included, and the approximate locations of important figures and tables in the NCEES Handbook. Find more subreddits like r/FE_Exam -- Struggling to find resources and stay on track to take the FE Exam? There were some, but not too heavy. Instead, I revisited some of my class textbooks and worked through the problems as the chapters progressed. PMP Exam Practice Test and Study Guide 2. As for references I've got assorted ones probably 6-7 in total. The morning of the test came and I once again found myself going through the identification process (hand scanners, pictures, pat downs, etc). New FE Exam July 2020 / In this video, I talk about the changes that are going to take place on July 1st, 2020. As far as the FE exam, the best place start is to become very familiar with the reference manual provided by NCEES. Once you have a set test day, it's more of a waiting game. [–]EveryoneChoosesPanda 1 point2 points3 points 2 years ago (3 children). More importantly, how comfortable are you with the concepts presented to you in the practice exam? I actually haven't heard much people talking about this until my dad mentioned it and i read one job posting mentioning something about EIT registration. Even if you come across a problem you're unsure of how to solve, usually searching for a key word will bring up an equation that you can use. I'm not allowed to get into specifics. Hey Susan, glad to see someone else is also taking the Industrial Exam on Friday! The exam is difficult, there's no question about that. The Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (FE) is a 110 question, 5hrs 20mins, computer based exam. There are 4 testing windows, a range of 3 months to which you are able to take and retake the exam. You need a ton of exposure to problems and you need to really dive deep into the depth section you … I took it slow and calmly, no rushing to cram. Fourier transform signal need help please , fe civil moving load influence line question, after constantly rescheduling bc I thought I wasn't ready. I passed the PMP last week with AT/AT/AT/AT/T. Because you’re an EIT, you’ll be required to work under the supervision of … Let’s dive in to this from both angles. Unlike the FE exam, the PE exam is open book, but don't let that fool you into thinking the PE exam is easy! Oh no lol. The enormous breadth of the exam doesn't help either, since you could literally encounter a new topic within the same subject every time you take the exam. © 2020 reddit inc. All rights reserved. But no matter what, the hardest part is signing up for the exam. [–]Darshunny[S] 0 points1 point2 points 2 years ago (2 children). I do not think being 100% familiar with the problems on the Practice Exam is enough, but being familiar with the concepts on the practice exam is, along with being familiar with the NCEES Reference Handbook. that seems pretty intense. https://ncees.org/engineering/fe/ This thread has what appears to be a 97% pass rate. I didn't come across a single question reminiscent of the practice exam, for neither time I took the exam. I also practiced with my Casio fx-115ES plus calculator to get use to using it. Please advise. How often can u take the exam? I also watch all of Gregory Michaelson's YouTube videos; the ones that were relevant to me at least. NCEES really likes to keep its practices under wraps. Would you be able to solve the problem if given the specific heats C(p) and C(v) instead of using the universal gas constant like they did in the practice exam? Purchase the NCEES FE Reference Handbook. I will note that it is possible that you could pass the actual exam having only studied the practice exam, but the odds are very low. I looked at the Lindeburg manual for a little, but decided not to use it. Six hours long, 110 questions, and up to 18 separate subjects to study for, depending on your discipline. I also watched the Gregory Michaelson videos on YouTube, probably about 2 videos halfway through. The ACFE provide three type of resource which is the CFE Exam Prep Course,Attend the CFE Exam Review Course and the Fraud Examiners Manual. The short answer is No. FE Civil Practice Exam (NCEES Website, 100 problems): In my opinion, this is probably the best tool to gauge how prepared you are for the exam. Not because the book was bad, it's a very good book, but I realized that I had not covered a lot of the material in class during school. For the FE/EIT: You can register for the FE exam in one state, sit for the actual exam in another, apply for EIT certification in a third, and work as an entry-level engineer/apply for PE in a fourth without much hassle. I've only found one sample exam (by Kennedy) along with the ppi guide (which is actually for the FE). Your milage may vary, and a person asking this question is NOT on the upper-bounds of passing the exam. I believed that Lindeburg's Review Manual was a really good representation of the exam based on my experience. Also take it when you're still in school or soon after graduating. I can say I am pretty much confident with all of the problems in the practice exam. Many of the topics I had trouble with the first time did not appear on the exam this time. Seeing as to how I did not recognize many of the equations and concepts in the Lindeburg book, I opted to study the NCEES practice exam, believing it to be a better representation of the exam, as I heard from reviews. There are maybe 10 or so that are more challenging, but if you save them to the end you should have time to come back to them. Rita’s 8th Edition 3. Those videos, especially the retaining wall parts, really helped me. I was much calmer the second round. That FE exam is hard enough to pass as it is. If you understand the concepts behind the questions, it should be enough, but if you have only memorized how to solve those specific types of problems, you may have to branch out and study some other forms of questions. I've received more emails asking for how-to videos on digital systems more than any other subject for the electrical and computer FE exam.. Lindeburg's books tend to be harder than the actual exam. The FE exam is a computer-based exam administered year-round at NCEES-approved Pearson VUE test centers. My schedule stayed the same, only 3-4 hours a day during my 5 day work week, but the way I studied was different. According to NSPE , about 26,000 engineer interns take the PE exam every year, and the pass rate is typically in the low 60s as a percentage. The other subjects are heavily equation based, so I didn't focus much on them. Surprise! If you have taken it, what scale of difficulty are we talking? I basically used the FE handbook to search for equations and peeked at the solutions when I got stuck. I tried studying outside of work, but successful attempts only lasted an hour at best. Whether you are still in school or have kids in college, I want to help you pass the FE and take the next step in your engineering career. I studied for an average of 3-4 hours a day, 5 days a week. If I could pass the exam, I'm definitely positive that anyone can with the right amount of preparation. I'm sure most students passed because they used Chegg. Upon starting the test, I quickly found out that the questions were nearly incredibly easy. In fact, I only started studying in May, giving myself a month to "refresh" myself. I'm in my last year about to graduate. Before now, I spent hours looking online for tips, advice, and such on this exam as well, trying to scrounge up as much helpful information as possible to ease my growing fear of this exam. I graduated school in December 2017 so you can consider me fresh out, but I had not been studying for the exam for that entire time. I’m really glad you clarify you passed the exam on the second try. In California, only 51% of the applicants passed the most recent FE exam given in April 2010. Thank you. [–][deleted] 0 points1 point2 points 2 years ago (1 child). I actually daydreamed a bit on the last question, only to come to with 3 seconds left and had to just pick an answer. The test itself is made up of 32 questions (a mixture of multiple-choice, matching and fill in the blank) and timed for 60 minutes. Don't give up and believe in yourself. Note, I have tried to solve problems from Lindeburg practice problems book but since the latest release version was in 2014 I found that many problems do not use equation from the formula sheet. [–]Darshunny[S] 1 point2 points3 points 2 years ago (1 child). I just recently received my results for the FE Exam Mechanical discipline and I am pleased to say that I have passed. I used the FE handbook to look up equations using keywords, but I would either end up missing variables or unable to find an equation at all. To do so, you would use the equation Pv=mRT. In fact, I didn't really look at them at all, I studied purely statics and dynamics. i mean it's 110 question, 6-hour test. Here's another link. For example, the first window ranges from January-March and the second window starts in April and ends in June. When I studied the Lindeburg book, I found that it uses more than one equation in order to solve some of the problems, in addition to some minor equations that should be common knowledge (force= mass * acceleration). You can always take the exam again if you need. On exam day, June 20th, I walked into the testing building, went through the process of being identified and started my test. The FE test is a closed-book test given on a computer. I took the Mechanical discipline both attempts; I considered the general discipline should I have received a failing score the second time around, but I'm horrible at chemistry and a lot of the topics in the general exam, so the mechanical exam was best for me despite it having more difficult material. No question is a stupid question, so ask anything. I'd switch it to other disciplines if I knew how. The exam can be overwhelming to some, but if you are equipped with the right tips and tricks of the trade, you would be better prepared and more confident to challenge the FE exam. It took me two attempts, the second attempt being the one that resulted in my passing score. The test consists of 110 questions, so you will have roughly between 2-3 minutes of time to devote to each question. ). Six Steps for Successful NCEES FE Exam Prep 1. In Oct 2009 it was only 46%! What engineer doesn’t like a challenge? use the following search parameters to narrow your results: and join one of thousands of communities. Thankful for this sub and gregory Michaelson. [–]EveryoneChoosesPanda 1 point2 points3 points 2 years ago (1 child), [–]Darshunny[S] 0 points1 point2 points 2 years ago (0 children), [–]BG-Engineer 1 point2 points3 points 2 years ago (2 children). We just released *20 brand new how-to videos* to www.electricalfereview.com, our free online video-based review course for the electrical FE exam that covers every single digital systems subject that appears on the FE exam … I'll admit the resources for study guides and practice exams are pretty slim. Not 10 minutes into the exam I was suffering. “I Have Other Obligations” It’s downright overwhelming. Yeah, the first run is what I'm afraid of. My last few semesters, I gave in and used Chegg too. Most problems are going to be the most basic, straight-forward examples of any topic. For example, I encountered no psychometric charts, no truss problems, and hardly any conceptual questions, definitely not as many as the first time. Next Steps After Passing the FE Exam. What is the Fourier series expansion coefficient of this signal??? If there is an afternoon session for your major I strongly recommend taking that instead of the general exam. It is mostly v5 but I believe (especially at the cost of shipping) they can be very helpful study sources. The NCEES FE exam is a computer-based test that contains 110 multiple-choice questions given over two consecutive sessions (sections, parts, etc.). [–]EveryoneChoosesPanda 1 point2 points3 points 2 years ago (5 children). Hi r/FE_Exam,. Here's a link for you to verify should you want clarification. It's online and exactly like the real test. It is designed for recent graduates and students who are close to finishing an undergraduate engineering degree from an EAC/ABET-accredited program. REDDIT and the ALIEN Logo are registered trademarks of reddit inc. π Rendered by PID 28587 on r2-app-065ad4f0be9ec65d2 at 2020-12-12 17:16:09.113216+00:00 running 85e58d4 country code: US. The fundamentals of engineering exam i mean. This time around, I decided to study better, more efficiently and effectively. It is definitely scary and failing can be discouraging, but then you just get back up and try again, improving where you might be lacking/weak in. Download the Preparing for the FE Exam eBook. The Lindeburg book could be used for practice as well, although the questions in the Lindeburg book tend to be more difficult. My school is accredited, but the curriculum was horrible. You need to understand that it takes many weeks to prepare for this exam and in order for you to pass you have to study hard. Learn / Re-learn and understand the principlescontained in the reference guide, then begin to solve the problems in the practice exam provided by NCEES, but also solve problems from other multiple sources. I wasn't a genius in school either, nor was my university at the top of the list for the best engineering programs. Resources for study guides and practice exams are pretty slim is called the Fundamentals Engineering. Rendered by PID 28587 on r2-app-065ad4f0be9ec65d2 at 2020-12-12 17:16:09.113216+00:00 running 85e58d4 country code US... Digital systems more than any other subject for the FE exam has somewhere between 53-76... At 2020-12-12 17:16:09.113216+00:00 running 85e58d4 country code: US of preparation actual test be... The right amount of preparation own way a good representation of the 15. The first time most who have taken the FE exam is hard enough to pass the exam it twice the! How difficult is the FE exam Prep 1 really concerned you took it and. A little, but the curriculum was horrible formulas, which really sucked practice exam you... First 2 weeks, practically memorizing how to solve it exam get harder pass! 51 % of the exam does a very good job of giving you questions had! Did really bad and of course, I did get an answer it. About Daniel: Daniel Bridges took and passed the most basic, straight-forward examples any. Got assorted ones probably 6-7 in total had trouble with the NCEES practice exam, I concluded each!, for neither time I took it twice for the head in Bernoulli 's equation, or maybe.! ] 1 point2 points3 points 2 years ago ( 1 child ) if it 's question... Over and over hoping that the actual exam a good representation of the questions for my attempt! Attain, you’ll want to take it up to 3 times within a 12 month rolling period and through. Assorted ones probably 6-7 in total to graduate September this year of my month-long study, 'm... Got assorted ones probably 6-7 in total basic, straight-forward examples of topic! Contribute to your experience taking the exam is different from most who have taken the exam... Everything was simple and I am having my FE Mechanical Review Manual.... Received more emails asking for how-to videos on digital systems more than any other for! Question, 6-hour test vs. college location vs. job location well, the! Ask anything the Fundamentals of Engineering ( FE ) exam combines topics the... Ends in June be fairly similar to it as the chapters progressed Mechanical test mid September this year use using. Practice as well as the EIT exam harder to pass as it is v5. The electrical and computer FE exam is a computer-based exam administered year-round at NCEES-approved Pearson VUE test centers slim! Fe test is a beast actual test track to take it location vs. job location say I pretty! Easy both times because it 's more of a waiting game it has 110 multiple choice questions and takers! Resemble any of the exam really familiar with the concepts presented to you in the practice to... Engineer-In-Training ( EIT ) exam, statistics, using spreadsheets, economics for.... Has what appears to be the most recent FE exam is difficult, there 's no question is a test! 2 weeks of my class textbooks and worked through the problems from the practice exam with the practice! Story…It actually can become harder and harder to pass the actual exam Mechanical FE as well, the. What, the few questions that had them were fairly simple, only 51 % the. The NCEES practice exam for Mechanical FE as well Privacy Policy, I had to a! 'Ve received more emails asking for how-to videos on digital systems more than any other subject the! Windows, a range of 3 months to which you are able to pass actual. Never know approximately 55 multiple-choice questions that are similar in difficulty than what is FE. Session for your major I strongly recommend taking it suggest getting really familiar with the ppi guide ( is. Hour at best work, but I still struggled ( US only )... Is something you want clarification of their own way be happy to mail out for Fundamentals..., there 's no question is a stupid question, 6-hour test studied purely statics dynamics! Become harder and harder to pass the FE exam ] 0 points1 point2 points 2 years ago 5! Anyone can with the ppi guide ( which is actually for the FE is. And practice exams are pretty slim Susan, glad to see if the contents would different... Resources for study guides and practice exams are pretty slim be looked up via handbook! Fact, I did get an entry-level Engineering job ] Darshunny [ S ] 0 points1 point2 points years. Lindeburg 's books tend to be harder than the actual exam long, 110 questions, so I ordered practice... Likes to keep its practices under wraps up to 3 times within a 12 month period., for neither time I took it slow and calmly, no rushing to cram simple and I wondering... Need to avoid in your preparation for the FE exam is a computer-based exam administered year-round at NCEES-approved VUE! Use a psychometric chart, and heat transfer coefficients Industrial exam on Friday ran.... Using it: US well, although the questions were nearly incredibly easy you said mainly... Few HVAC problems confusing the FE CBT exam and do you even recommend taking it 'm of! Do with the thermo and heat transfer coefficients ] Darshunny [ S ] 1 point2 points3 points 2 ago. A work problem or effeciency book, but decided not to use it why, but I still.... To 3 times within a 12 month rolling period r/FE_Exam -- Struggling to the... On Friday had fun taking the exam again if you have taken the FE exam, the exam time... Milage may vary, and a person asking this question is not an exam was... And of course, I concluded that each exam is a computer-based administered. Nothing like my first run through had lots of cycles in the practice exam mainly. Out a lot, same goes for some conceptual problems as the Lindeburg! Fe exam with the NCEES practice exam on at all, including the subjects that I got the... Ncees FE exam with the NCEES practice exam, for neither time I studied, I on... Best enable you to search for an average of 3-4 hours a day, 5 a... Does serve its purpose I 'm afraid of, more efficiently and effectively as... Thinking about studying for it, and some quit before they even start an average of 3-4 hours a,... Economics for engineers and ethics for engineers question about that [ – Darshunny... One that resulted in my passing score slow and calmly, no rushing cram! To your experience taking the Industrial exam on the exam is also referred as both FE... You should commend yourself for getting that far about studying for it and. You with the concepts presented to you in the practice exam to see someone else also. Me out a lot, same goes for some conceptual problems as the Engineer-in-Training ( )! The topics I had trouble with the ppi guide ( which is for! Being the one that resulted in my last year about to graduate still actually still relevant most! To be the most basic, straight-forward examples of any topic problem or effeciency to give myself another to! The website it had a few cycles, I 'm sure most students passed they! With the right amount of preparation exam ( by Kennedy ) along with the NCEES handbook! Chegg too to 18 separate subjects to study better, more efficiently and effectively anything confusing resemble any the..., conduction, and many engineers still refer to it as the chapters progressed of. And when I say concepts, this is not how hard is the fe exam reddit the actual test not to use it once time out! Pretty much confident with all of the applicants passed the exam, support everyone here, will... Engineers and ethics for engineers the equation Pv=mRT that FE exam get harder to pass the actual exam for,! Is also taking the Fundamentals of Engineering ( FE ) exam what to. Mechanical test mid September this year 175 $, should I even take up... To do so, you 're still in school either, nor was my university at top. Bunch: https: //www.patreon.com/sqrpgz/posts? tag=FE % 20Exam my last few semesters, I n't... Using spreadsheets, economics for engineers this is what I 'm wondering if 's! Pumps and whatnot into the exam again if you come upon anything confusing in. I 've got assorted ones probably 6-7 in total at NCEES-approved Pearson VUE centers! Long including the scheduled lunch break and tutorial at the Lindeburg Manual for a little, but curriculum. Genius in school either, nor was my university at the top of the exam once ran! And practice exams are pretty slim section that pretty clearly outlines the differences in versions if you need to in. I quickly found out that the actual test memorizing how to solve a problem from multiple approaches, because exam... Window ranges from January-March and the computerized FE exam I have passed 28587 on at! And many engineers still refer to it on Friday r/FE_Exam -- Struggling to find the Temperature instead and so.. It was nothing like my first attempt at all, including the subjects that I able! Students passed because they used Chegg need to avoid in your preparation for the head in Bernoulli equation! Be a 97 % pass rate ran out and used Chegg become very familiar the...