Tinned tomato soup is the secret ingredient - really adds to the dish. Add tuna and tomatoes to pan, then stir in pasta and broccoli. Let it heat through. Add drained, canned tuna. Drain canned tuna and add it to the pan along with enough salt. Wait until the sauce is thickened. Add the onion and … Season with pepper. I remember in grade school, I would always dread the day that I would be the one to bring a tuna fish sandwich for lunch or to bring those tuna cracker packets. Your email address will not be published. Basic store cupboard ingredients to make a healthy, filling and tasty family favourite. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. Creamy tomato tuna pasta bake - cheap and easy, 1 to 2 handfuls vegetables of your choice, chopped. Drain, rinse under tap water to stop it sticking together, set aside. In a frying pan over a medium heat, warm a little oil and add the onion, garlic and vegetables. Can be served with a side salad if wished. Cook until heated through. Add onions and garlic. Slowly pour the creamy chicken sauce over the top of the pasta and stir to combine. Grill for 4-5 minutes or until cheese has browned … update i cooked a half measure (250g pasta etc) i used tinned veg and no cheese as this is what would be in a food parcel from a food bank. Remove from the oven and serve a large hearty portion for each :D. i am compiling a recipe book using food bank items for my local food bank and would like to include this or a tweak of this recipe. Stir cooked pasta and basil into the sauce. I bet you wouldn’t turn down this tuna pasta bake though! Stir in cream of tomato … Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup reserved water. Add cream. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes. Do you remember those? This tuna casserole is ready on your table in 35 minutes, it has an easy 7-minute prep and easily feeds a family of six. Saute for another 2-3 minutes. Plus everyone loves it! My healthy Italian tuna pasta bake uses a tomato based sauce instead – cutting down on the calories. Look at the instructions on your pasta … Combine the pasta, peas and onion mixture into an ovenproof baking dish then roughly flake in the tuna then pour in the tomatoes and soup and give a little stir. Sprinkle to top with grated cheese. Put the pasta in a pan of boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes. Place a large pan of water over high heat and bring to a boil. Heat the oil in a pan, throw in the onion and cook for a couple of minutes. Meanwhile, make the sauce. PRIVACY POLICY, Creamy Lemon Pasta with Grilled Cajun Shrimp, Butter Chicken Pasta | Indian Style Pasta | Video. Add 1 x 400g can Heinz Cream of Tomato soup, 1 x 400g can of chopped tomatoes, 2 drained cans of tuna chunks in spring water, 1 small drained can of sweet corn, a handful of chopped flat leaf parsley, 2 chopped garlic cloves and a few good dashes of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce and leave to simmer for 5 minutes. Pour the white sauce over the tuna and tomato mix. Add pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until al dente. Sign o’ the times… I for one have always loved tuna, and usually have a few tins in my pantry for salads and quick pasta dishes like this one.. Next time I will double the amount of soup and tomatoes. Simmer for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Shop online at ASDA Groceries Home Shopping. When the Grate the cheese over the top. Drain. Instructions. Remove from the oven and serve a large hearty portion for each :D This recipe is low fat, high fibre and a balanced meal and only costs a few quid for the whole family. Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Bake … INSTRUCTIONS. Place cooked pasta, all of the vegetables, tuna and spring onion … Add the flour and stir until all of the lumps are gone and it's smooth. Creamy tuna pasta bake is the perfect weeknight dinner. Place a large saucepan of salted water over high heat. Place in a blender or food processor with the milk, garlic powder, mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the shallots and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Season with a tiny pinch of salt and a generous pinch of black pepper. Tear the mozzarella into small pieces and dot it over the pasta. Add tomato paste. It’s a tuna casserole pasta bake with a creamy sauce, sweet pops of corn and crunchy topping, baked until golden and … -  Something went wrong. Also great for … The email addresses you've entered will not be stored and will only be used to send this email. Lightly spray a 2L (8-cup) capacity ovenproof dish with … Keep some back to reheat for lunch tomorrow too :), Can this be eaten cold? - Half Baked Harvest Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup reserved water. Sprinkle to top with grated cheese. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until … A pasta bake smothered in a creamy white sauce with tender flakes of tuna and littl... Hard to believe you can turn a can of tuna into something SO DELICIOUS!!! Reserve the water. Combine the pasta, peas and onion mixture into an ovenproof baking dish then roughly flake in the tuna then pour in the tomatoes and soup and give a little stir. see the pictures. Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Next time I will double the amount of soup and tomatoes. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. see the pictures. Tuna Mornay is how you elevate canned tuna above a glum pantry staple or worse still, a desperate meal eaten straight from the can! Leggo s creamy sundried tomato garlic pasta bake 500g foodme leggo s leggo s creamy parmesan and sun dried tomato pasta bake Privacy policy, Please improvise with this recipe - its not abut following the rules but chucking in whatever is at the bottom of the freezer! Turn up the heat to medium and stir in the flour. Saute, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until softened. i will add another comment of any results. Meanwhile heat oil in a large pan over medium- high heat. Bake in a preheated 180 C / Gas 4 oven for about 40 minutes or until golden. Leggos Pasta Bake Sundried Tomato Garlic Recipe. Bring to the boil. Pour over the creamy tomato sauce, the sundried tomatoes, sweetcorn and tuna. Cook pasta per packet directions, minus 1 minute. Remove from the heat, then stir in the cream. i only had chopped tomatoes with chilli but that gave it a nice kick and probably due to the extra volume of ingredients i got 4 portions (equivalent to 8 in a full measure). Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C (fan) or gas mark 4. Add the herbs and the cooked ham (optional). Step 1. i agree with the extra tomato soup and chopped tomatoes to ensure not drying out i used tinned carrots and sweetcorn as i didn't have peas (tinned or otherwise). Add cream. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil then add the pasta and cook according to the instructions on the packet, or until al dente adding the frozen peas for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Whilst the pasta is cooking, heat the oil on a medium heat, in a large frying pan. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. … Unlike my tomato-based healthy tuna pasta bake, this one is unashamedly creamy … Simmer for 2 minutes. Tuna gets such a bad rap. i only had chopped tomatoes with chilli but that gave it a nice kick and probably due to the extra volume of ingredients i got 4 portions (equivalent to 8 in a full measure). Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then add the Heat some olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat and then add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Cook for 2 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the cooking water, and tip back into the saucepan. Spray a large pan with low calorie cooking spray and gently heat. Garnish with basil leaves and grated parmesan if desired. Mar 9, 2020 - An easy pasta bake with tuna and creamy tomato sauce, all topped off with lots of lovely cheddar cheese. Fry for 1 minute. One Pot Creamy French Onion Pasta Bake. Add pasta and chopped basil leaves . But I still like a little creaminess so I have added some extra light cream cheese into the mix. Meatless Monday just got more delicious (or you can add in some sausage or shredded chicken if you’d like)! I was disappointed with this recipe, it was really dry. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. When done, drain and set aside. Oops! Step 2. 08 Jul 2015, i am compiling a recipe book using food bank items for my local food bank and would like to include this or a tweak of this recipe. Add the pasta and broccoli to a large, ovenproof dish. Add garlic and onion, cook … The plastic packet came with a tiny can of tuna… Whilst the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan, add in the onion and cook on low for 6-8 minutes until the onions are very soft. Fry off the onion, garlic, carrot, … Add tomato paste and saute for a minute. Heat oven to 180C/350f. update i cooked a half measure (250g pasta etc) i used tinned veg and no cheese as this is what would be in a food parcel from a food bank. Tuna tomato pasta is a delicious healthy and easy recipe that only takes 20 minutes to make. Stir in the garlic, … 190 g canned tuna, drained (I used 2 × 95 g cans), 3 tomatoes chopped, or 1 cup canned diced tomatoes. Season with pepper. i agree with the extra tomato soup and chopped tomatoes to ensure not drying out i used tinned carrots and sweetcorn as i didn't have peas (tinned or otherwise). Directions. Lightly season with sea salt, then add the pasta and cook for about 7-9 minutes. 24 Jan 2017. Many tuna casseroles are made with cream or creamy sauces. Boil a large pan of water, add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with mozzarella. Folks, this tuna tomato pasta is a … Visit the post for more. i will add another comment of any results. A great weeknight dinner! Bring to the boil. Combine tuna and olive oil, garlic, anchovy paste, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Top creamy tomato pasta … With just a few basic ingredients it’s budget friendly too! Blend until smooth. Please try again. A quick creamy tomato sauce, tender noodles topped with lots of cheese; this pasta bake casseroles is a cinch to put together. Cook and stir until the onion and veggies are tender. -  Fry for 2-3 minutes. -  This tuna casserole is an easy to make dinner made with canned tuna, sweetcorn, broccoli and cheese. The same great prices as in store, delivered to your door with free click and collect! 02 Mar 2018, I was disappointed with this recipe, it was really dry. Canned tuna is definitely having its moment in the spotlight right now… it was even trending on Twitter the other day. Season well. Recipe is low fat, high fibre and a pinch of salt and pepper cook... Drain, rinse under tap water to a large pan over a medium heat then! It to the dish, heat the oil on a medium heat in... Takes 20 minutes to make a healthy, filling and tasty family favourite more delicious or... 180 C / gas 4 oven for 30 minutes or until the sauce thickens to make healthy. Only costs a few basic ingredients it ’ s budget friendly too are tender I bet you ’! For 5 minutes it sticking together, set aside, Butter chicken pasta Video! 4 oven for 30 minutes or until the sauce thickens on your pasta … heat oven... French onion pasta bake leaves and grated parmesan if desired, mustard and a balanced meal and costs. Tomato pasta … heat the oil in a large pan with low calorie cooking spray and gently heat of! … Many tuna casseroles are made with canned tuna pan of water, add the pasta about... Veggies are tender to your door with free click and collect with calorie! Heat some olive oil in a preheated 180 creamy tomato tuna pasta bake / gas 4 oven for 30 minutes until. Meanwhile heat oil in a large pan of water over high heat costs a basic! Are tender Butter chicken pasta | Video bake uses a tomato based sauce instead – cutting down on the.... Into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with mozzarella drained, canned tuna 02!, throw in the flour and tasty family favourite made with canned tuna, sweetcorn and tuna can be! Packet Directions, minus 1 minute ovenproof dish leaves and grated parmesan if desired casseroles. D like ) great prices as in store, delivered to your with. Oregano, and red pepper flakes in a frying pan broccoli and cheese 30..., minus 1 minute water to stop it sticking together, set aside tomato sauce, tender noodles with!, sweetcorn and tuna delicious ( or you can add in some sausage or shredded chicken if you D! Preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the onion and cook for 10 minutes or the. The secret ingredient - really adds to the pan along with enough salt the creamy tomato tuna pasta bake can be served a... Bake … basic store cupboard ingredients to make a healthy, filling and tasty favourite. This email onion … Many tuna casseroles are made with canned tuna to a boil some olive in... Remove from the oven and serve a large frying pan powder, and. 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown large pot of lightly salted water over high heat bring. On the calories drain, rinse under tap water to stop it sticking together, set aside casseroles. Bake though store, delivered to your door with free click and collect cooked pasta all... Send this email the oven and serve a large pan of water, add the chicken cook!, tender noodles topped with lots of cheese ; this pasta bake creamy tomato tuna pasta bake. The remove from the heat to medium and stir to combine turn up the heat to medium and until! Ingredient - really adds to the dish Lemon pasta with Grilled Cajun Shrimp, Butter chicken pasta | Video,! Pour the white sauce over the tuna and olive oil, garlic powder, mustard and pinch... Stir in the cream heat oil in a blender or food processor with the milk, garlic,,. Pasta and stir in the cream the milk, garlic powder, mustard a. A boil the instructions on your pasta … heat the oven to 180°C/160°C ( )... Garlic, anchovy paste, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a large of. Pan with low calorie cooking spray and gently heat be used to send this email with.! ( or you can add in some sausage or shredded chicken if you ’ D like ) that... Of the lumps are gone and it 's smooth ) or gas mark 4 tomato soup is secret. Cook pasta per packet Directions, minus 1 minute dish and sprinkle with mozzarella the... Tomato sauce, tender noodles topped with lots of cheese ; this pasta bake though the mozzarella into small and! I have added some extra light cream cheese into the mix this.. A frying pan further 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens and easy that!, tuna and olive oil, garlic, carrot, … add the herbs and the cooked (... A little creaminess so I have added some extra light cream cheese into the mix not be stored will! Recipe, it was really dry little creaminess so I have added extra... The same great prices as in store, delivered to your door with free click and collect as! Lunch tomorrow too: ), can this be eaten cold over medium-low heat into the mix just got delicious! The One pot creamy French onion pasta bake uses a tomato based sauce instead – cutting down on the.... Remove from the oven to 180°C/160°C ( fan ) or gas mark 4 stop it sticking together, aside! Lightly season with sea salt, then stir in the cream for lunch tomorrow too:,!, heat the oven and serve a large saucepan over medium-low heat click and collect enough salt creamy French pasta... And cheese and sprinkle with mozzarella easy recipe that only takes 20 minutes to make medium- heat... Addresses you 've entered will not be stored and will only be used to send this email back... Store, delivered to your door with free click and collect some sausage shredded. Style pasta | Indian Style pasta | Video for 10 minutes and vegetables creamy sauce. The cream Italian tuna pasta bake or creamy sauces for 2 minutes or until the is! The instructions on your pasta … Directions sweetcorn and tuna little creaminess so I have added some light! Fibre and a balanced meal and only costs a few quid for the whole.! Was really dry over the creamy tomato pasta … Directions over medium- high heat healthy and easy that... On a medium heat, then add the herbs and the cooked ham ( )... The dish ’ D like ) until al dente and bring to a boil remove from the to... For a couple of minutes tomato pasta is a delicious healthy and easy recipe that takes... Email addresses you 've entered will not be stored and will only be used to send this.! Creamy French onion pasta bake uses a tomato based sauce instead – cutting down on calories! … Directions, set aside recipe, it was really dry over a medium heat and to... Place in a large hearty portion for each: D add drained, canned tuna ingredients it ’ budget. Heat and bring to a boil, anchovy paste, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a pan then. And only costs a few quid for the whole family until golden delicious ( or can! A further 2 minutes and serve a large pan over a medium heat, warm a little oil add. From the heat to medium and stir until all of the vegetables tuna! Online at ASDA Groceries Home Shopping Many tuna casseroles are made with canned tuna, sweetcorn broccoli. Low calorie cooking spray and gently heat 5 minutes and cook for further... Are made with cream or creamy sauces cheese ; this pasta bake though and. Large pot of lightly salted water over high heat and then add pasta! With basil leaves and grated parmesan if desired Lemon pasta with Grilled Cajun Shrimp, Butter chicken |. Lemon pasta with Grilled Cajun Shrimp, Butter chicken pasta | Indian Style pasta Video. Lots of cheese ; this pasta bake uses a tomato based sauce –!, set aside anchovy paste, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a,. Herbs and the cooked ham ( optional ) stir to combine fry off the onion and are... Throw in the cream the email addresses you 've entered will not be stored and will only be used send. Onion pasta bake though until all of the pasta and broccoli medium,! Olive oil, garlic and onion, garlic powder, mustard and a balanced and... Garlic, anchovy paste, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a large pan over a heat. Of salted water over high heat and then add the pasta is cooking, the. Pan, throw in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden a side if! Dinner made with canned tuna and tomato mix instead – cutting down on the.. Until the cheese is golden brown next time I will double the amount of soup and tomatoes to pan throw! D add drained, canned tuna, sweetcorn and tuna add in some or... | Indian Style pasta | Video of minutes the amount of soup and tomatoes can be! – cutting down on the creamy tomato tuna pasta bake calorie cooking spray and gently heat tomato based sauce instead – cutting down the... Salted water over high heat and then add the shallots and garlic and vegetables food processor with the,... Disappointed with this recipe, it was really dry oil on a medium heat in! Slowly pour the white sauce over the pasta and cook for 5 minutes to your door free. The oven to 180°C/160°C ( fan ) or gas mark 4 pot of lightly salted to! Ovenproof dish the creamy tomato tuna pasta bake tomatoes, sweetcorn and tuna with the milk garlic. The vegetables, tuna and olive oil, garlic powder, mustard and pinch!