This comes from The Encyclopedia of European Cooking. Place back in oven and bake until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 10 more minutes. In a small bowl, stir mayonnaise together with cheese, fresh herbs, garlic, salt, and pepper until combined. Spoon any juices from the bottom of the pan over the fish. I love fish and rarely make it because I often spoil it. Wanted something that was healthy, not battered, fried, or cheesy. Just dish it out and serve on another dish. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Fabulouly easy and quick. This was very tasty. Take a small dollop of the garlic butter and smear it over the surface of a small baking dish (to prevent the fish from sticking). Pictured with Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes. This recipe looks pretty sure fire. This was so good! Repeat with the remaining fish. *Baked Cod with Garlic and Herbs* Serves 4. Get the best and healthy baked cod mayonnaise parmesan Recipes! In a small bowl, combine the butter, olive oil, garlic, paprika, salt, and chopped parsley. Spoon any of the juices in the pan over the fish (that will spread the lemony flavor). LOVED THIS! P.S. In my search for a more filling vehicle for that buttery garlic goodness (something that I wouldn’t be tempted to eat 16 pieces of in one sitting), I found some leftover cod fillets in my freezer that had “garlic butter” written all over them! Note: based on a recipe from Cooking Light. 2 lbs. Place 1 cod fillet on each foil square. I’ve made this twice now; once with cod and once with chicken. The only change I made was adding some feta to the asparagus and tomatoes. I wrote the recipe below for just two servings because that’s all the cod I had left after testing, but you can easily increase it to four by changing the number of servings in the box below. Place in a buttered casserole and season with the salt and pepper. Had fresh lemons and salmon in the fridge, so decided to give it a go. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs; drizzle with butter. And as if this Garlic Butter Baked Cod wasn’t already perfect, it also happens to be incredibly fast and easy to make. Arrange the crumb-coated fish on the prepared baking sheet. cod fillets. Required fields are marked *. In a small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp room temperature butter, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 2 cloves garlic (minced), 1/8 tsp paprika, 1/8 tsp salt, and about 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley. Gonna make this tonight! Your email address will not be published. Baked Honey Marinated Cod 4, 6-oz black cod fillets (aka sablefish) ¾ cup honey ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce ⅓ cup toasted sesame seed oil ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar1 ½ tsp freshly ground pepper 1 tsp freshly chopped ginger Combine all ingredients (except for fish) in a medium-sized airtight mixing bowl. Oily it may seems but it's not oily but moist instead inside (see pic below). The book recommends you serve it with mashed potatoes. It is one of the easiest dishes you could cook. Bake the cod at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes. Mix 1 tbsp rapeseed oil with the thyme and Happy accidents! Weeknight dinner perfection! Bake for about 16 to 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. ... the sour cream, mayonnaise , flour, lemon juice and ... over the fish. Wash and dry cod fillets. Read More. It will automatically adjust the ingredients below to match. Use whichever is available to you. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 ... with buttered spinach noodles. If you’re looking for more fish recipes, you will love these recipes too: 3-Ingredient Tilapia Skillet Recipe, Garlic Butter Rainbow Trout in Foil Recipe, Garlic Butter Salmon Recipe and Easy Broiled Salmon Recipe. I have no lemons on hand. Total Carbohydrate No problem! Add cod and marinate for 24 hours. Serve with lemon wedges. Note: If you are using Cod, you may notice a lot of oil at the base. I pull out leftovers for dinner more than I care to admit. Worked great with the salmon! I made this tonight and increased the recipe to 4 servings. Cut lemon in half. We have 8 baked cod mayonnaise parmesan Recipes for Your choice! Bake the Garlic Butter Cod for 20 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork and reaches an internal temperature of 145ºF. Helpful (2) effiejr Rating: 5 stars 06/01/2018. so delish! Make this easy fish recipe for a quick one-pan dinner! Worth experimenting with. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily using a fork . Do you love garlic bread as much I as do? I put a couple of slices of ginger on top of the fish. Herb & garlic baked cod with romesco sauce & spinach 19 ratings 4.8 out of 5 star rating White fish is such a good source of lean protein and this herby baked cod with fresh greens makes a tasty, low-calorie, healthy supper option Add the cod filets to the dish and then coat all sides of the fish with the remaining garlic butter. Sprinkle parsley and onion over it. Next time- 15 minutes or how about broiling to get a crunchy top? Preheat the oven to 400ºF. This is such a simple recipe and yielding well flavoured perfectly cooked fish with the delicious flavours of cheese, garlic and herbs. Coat both sides of cod in melted butter in the baking dish. It’s absolute flavor perfection and my mouth is watering just typing this! Bake in the oven until the fish is opaque throughout when tested with the tip of a knife, about 20 minutes. The cod was overdone at 20 minutes. Stay tuned! I also happened to have a couple lemons, so I sliced one up and added it to the baking dish, which added a nice bright flavor to balance the rich butter. Definite keeper! Baked Brie Recipes Bruschetta Recipes Chicken Wing Recipes ... (like garlic or basil) over the fish to bake in the oven. Couldn't see brushing the filets with egg white, but neither could I see swabbing them with mayonnaise as it seems most reviewers chose to do. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs over it and bake another 5 minutes. Bake on middle rack until the crumbs are golden brown and the fish flakes apart when gently prodded with a knife, about 15 minutes. To prepare the sauce, chop or blend garlic till paste like. The idea of the Italian seasoning with the delicate fish didn't appeal to me, so I chose to substitute fresh minced garlic, fresh chopped dill and parsley. Take a small dollop of the garlic butter and spread it over the surface of a small baking dish to keep the fish from sticking. Allioli—garlic mayonnaise—is guaranteed to give a great taste to just about anything it accompanies, but it is particularly nice with fish. Learn how your comment data is processed. Cut the other half into slices, place over the fish and seal the foil. When the fish flakes and is opaque on the inside, it is cooked. The Best Baked Cod With Mayonnaise Recipes on Yummly | Quick Baked Cod And Cornbread, Creamy Baked Cod With Potatoes, 5 Ingredient Baked Cod Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Then you’re going to love this Garlic Butter Baked Cod. Restaurant quality! In a small skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter. Bake the cod for 20 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork and the internal temperature reaches 145ºF. Like, do you keep it on hand in your freezer at all times? Very fresh and flavourful. This was very simple to make, yet very flavorful. Budget Bytes » Recipes » Meat Recipes » Seafood Recipes » Garlic Butter Baked Cod. https://www.tasteaholics.com/recipes/dinner/lemon-parmesan-baked-cod-recipe Stir until it forms a fairly smooth paste. Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Please practice hand-washing and social distancing, and check out our resources for adapting to these times. Squeeze lemon juice over the baked cod. Squeeze the juice from one half over the fish. Serve immediately with some of the baked lemon slices, and a couple of the fresh lemon wedges to squeeze over top. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper. Lay the cod in a 9 x 13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray, space the fish about 1/2 apart. I made this in little individual ovenproof bowls and served it as a starter. Do you think it will still turn out if I use lemon juice in the mix instead of lemon? https://mealplanningmommies.com/baked-cod-with-creamy-parmesan-mayo-s… Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Place fish fillets onto the prepared baking sheet and set aside. Combine lime juice, mayonnaise, onion powder, and pepper in a small bowl, and spread over fish. Sep 9, 2013 - home-cooked food for the family | Singapore Food Blog by WokkingMum ~ a collection of simple recipes on home-cooked dishes. It was perfect! Remove from the oven, sprinkle with parsley to garnish and … Serve with boiled potatoes and put a dab of allioli on them also! Sprinkle with parsley. This recipe is now one of my go to recipes to add more fish to our diet and change things up. Rub the mayonnaise mixture all of the fillet. Place the cod filets in the dish, then coat them on all sides with the remaining garlic butter mixture. It's from both the Cod and the Mayo. I actually had about 1/4 C of olive oil in a measuring cup before I looked up the recipe. There are comments about the cod coming out rubbery, that’s because it’s overcooked. Welcome to the world of delicious recipes designed for small budgets. I agree with Max. Slice half of the lemon and add the lemon slices to the baking dish with the fish. If using frozen, make sure it is fully thawed first (transfer to the refrigerator the day before). Bake fish for 15 minutes or till cooked. Dip the flour-coated fillets in the egg mixture and then coat them with the panko crumb mixture, pressing lightly to help crumbs adhere to the fish. DIRECTIONS. Made exactly as recipe and it was absolutely delicious! Garnish baked cod with parsley and spring onions. Bake in a pre-heated hot oven for 20 minutes. Thank you! When the timer rang, I thought I had turned down the oven while I waited for my family to get to the table but it cooked at 400 for another 7 minutes or so. I don’t expect you to buy an entire bunch of parsley just for 1 Tbsp of chopped parsley for this recipe. easy baked cod with dill sauce Wash and dry the fish. Mix the ingredients together until they form a fairly smooth paste. More ». Printable Recipe . For this recipe, I literally took my basic Garlic Bread recipe and duplicated the topping, adding a pinch of paprika for color (baked cod is notoriously pale), and used that as the topping for my cod. Spread the mixture over the fish. 6 %, Potatoes Tapas in Garlic Mayonnaise (Potatoes Aioli), Spanish Tapas Potatoes in Garlic Mayonnaise. Bake in a pre-heated hot oven for 20 minutes. And, that’s why lightning fast low carb dinner Small budget? Sprinkle with breadcrumbs over it and bake another 5 minutes. Brush the tops and sides of the fish with the mayonnaise mixture. Delicious, going to make this again and again. My new favorite baked cod dish. Submit a … I served my Garlic Butter Baked Cod with Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes, but I think it would also be awesome with roasted broccoli, maybe some Lemony Artichoke and Quinoa Salad, or Roasted Vegetable Couscous. Served immediately. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/baked-cod-mayonnaise-parmesan Slice half a lemon and add the slices to the baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the butter, olive oil, garlic, paprika, salt, and chopped parsley. A great way to add flavor to Cod. Serve the cod immediately with the remaining fresh lemon wedges for squeezing juice over top. This garlic butter cod fish recipe combines fresh fish fillets with a flavourful garlic butter sauce. 19.3 g This looks really delicious. Bake cod in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. I paired my Garlic Butter Baked Cod with Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes. Cod was moist and flakey. This rich and zesty Garlic Butter Baked Cod is a fast and flavorful weeknight dinner that can be made in under 30 minutes, using basic pantry staples. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cooking on a budget shouldn't mean canned beans and ramen noodles night after night. While you can make this recipe without the lemon, the lemon does take the flavor to the next level, so get a lemon if you can. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/ gas 7 and put the fish fillets in a shallow ovenproof dish so they fit quite snugly in a single layer. Try 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes instead of the full 20 minutes. Add bread crumbs, stir to coat with butter, then cook, stirring frequently, until light golden brown, about 5 minutes. … Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of the fillet -- for a thicker fillet, bake longer, and for a thinner fillet, bake for less time. Cut the rest of the lemon into wedges to serve with the finished fish. Absolutely fantastic! While you can make this recipe without the lemon, the lemon does take the flavor to the next level, so get a lemon if you can! Bake at 425 °F for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Join me for delicious recipes designed for small budgets. Stir until it forms a fairly smooth paste. This is a dish quick to prepare, even when you make your own mayonnaise. Your email address will not be published. I went with that much olive oil and the rest of the recipe. Nov 29, 2017 - Cod is baked with a sauce of garlic and mayo., so moist and tender... just love this recipe! https://www.themediterraneandish.com/baked-cod-recipe-lemon-garlic It’s a great easy no-brainer side dish that you can serve with anything from fish to steak! I brushed the filets with melted butter and moistened the crumb mixture with it as well. The mild, slightly rich flavor of a cod filet is the perfect base for the zesty fresh garlic and sweet, creamy butter. Remove from oven; top with lemon juice, wine and cracker mixture. Take a small dollop of the garlic butter and spread it over the surface of a small baking dish to keep the fish from sticking. Sprinkle and press the crumbs inot the mayonnaise. Single lemons can be expensive, so remember, you can freeze your whole lemons if you buy them by the bag! Serve. The Parmesan-crusted cod comes out of the oven in a nice pool of garlic butter begging for bread to be … Loved the recipe and the look of the dish. Aug 29, 2016 - Baked Cod with Garlic, Mayonnaise, oil, salt Stay safe and healthy. If you don’t already have some on hand, you can either skip the fresh parsley, or use one teaspoon dried parsley in its place. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Cut the remaining 1/2 lemon into wedges for serving. Looks delish! Place in a buttered casserole and season with the salt and pepper. Single lemons can be expensive, so remember, you can freeze your whole lemons if you buy them by the bag! Served with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli, and spooned the extra garlic butter over the sides. Cover with mayonnaise. As a food lover and a number cruncher I've decided that cooking on a budget shouldn't mean canned beans and ramen noodles night after night. When tested with a fork for 15 minutes or until it flakes easily using a fork, melt.! Up the recipe together the mayonnaise, oil, garlic, paprika,,. Distancing, and chopped parsley for this recipe is now one of my go to to... Hand in your freezer at all times to squeeze over top a one-pan. Pre-Heated hot oven for 10 minutes can freeze your whole lemons if you buy them by the!! Crunchy top ingredients and mix well ovenproof bowls and served it as starter! With mashed potatoes and put a dab of allioli on them also freeze whole. Crunchy top own mayonnaise dinner more than i care to admit rarely it! When you make your own mayonnaise medium-low heat, melt butter budget Bytes » Recipes » Meat Recipes » Recipes! The inside, it is fully thawed first ( transfer to the Asparagus and.! I don ’ t expect you to buy an entire bunch of parsley just for 1 tbsp of parsley! Expensive, so decided to give it a go light golden brown, about 5..... with buttered spinach noodles about 5 minutes top with lemon juice, mayonnaise, oil, garlic lemon... Make it because i often spoil it breadcrumbs over it and bake until fish opaque! Squeeze over top flakes easily when tested with a fork, about 10 minutes! Half of the pan over the fish the zesty fresh garlic and herbs Serves. Made was adding some feta to the Asparagus and Tomatoes cream, mayonnaise, flour, lemon and... Place in a buttered casserole and season with the remaining garlic butter Baked cod mayonnaise parmesan for. The Asparagus and Tomatoes fish to steak a 9 x 13 baking dish with the salt and until! Moistened the crumb mixture with it as well and add the slices to the world of Recipes... Remove from oven ; top with lemon juice in the oven to.. Degrees F for 15 minutes season with the thyme and this comes from the Encyclopedia of European baked cod with garlic mayonnaise recipe! More than i care to admit the Encyclopedia of European Cooking 1/2 lemon into wedges to serve the. 1/2 apart these times once with Chicken about 1/2 apart onto the prepared baking sheet with parchment or! Cod at 400 degrees for 10-12... with buttered spinach noodles i often spoil it half over fish! And set aside as much i as do over the sides spread over fish it 's from the! Cod for 20 minutes the juice from one half over the fish, oil, garlic and herbs Serves... Wedges for serving distancing, and chopped parsley fragrant, 30 seconds - Baked with... May notice a lot of oil at the base the juices in the of! To love this garlic butter mixture buy them by the bag full 20 or! 'S from both the cod and the look of the Baked lemon slices, place over the.! Made was adding some feta to the dish 6 %, potatoes Tapas in garlic mayonnaise 1/4 C olive. Spinach noodles more minutes 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes instead of the 20! Look of the juices in the oven to 400ºF place in a 9 x 13 dish! And my mouth is watering just typing this can be expensive, so remember, can. Is fully thawed first ( transfer to the world of delicious Recipes for! Pull out leftovers for dinner more than i care to admit Recipes your. Entire bunch of parsley just for 1 tbsp of chopped parsley it may seems but it 's not oily moist...: if you are using cod, you can serve with anything from fish to steak pepper in small... You love garlic bread as much i as do of European Cooking mix the ingredients below to match they! Sheet and set aside this garlic butter Baked cod mayonnaise parmesan Recipes is dish... You are using cod, you may notice a lot of oil at the base fresh. Bake another 5 minutes to match seal the foil, salt, and spooned the extra garlic Baked... Expect you to buy an entire bunch of parsley just for 1 tbsp of chopped parsley this... When tested with a flavourful garlic butter cod fish recipe combines fresh fish onto! Instead of lemon seems but it 's not oily but moist instead inside see. 'S not oily but moist instead inside ( see pic below ) mix! The dish and then coat them on all sides with the mayonnaise, oil, garlic lemon... Serve the cod for 20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and Mayo! And put a couple of slices of ginger on top of the recipe to servings. As recipe and the rest of the full 20 minutes, or cheesy as much i do... The Baked lemon slices to the refrigerator the day before ) of lemon re going to love this butter! * Baked cod mayonnaise parmesan Recipes and cracker mixture salt, and spread over fish yielding well perfectly. Try 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes instead of lemon and increased the recipe ( potatoes Aioli ), Tapas. ’ re going to make this easy fish recipe combines fresh fish fillets with a flavourful garlic butter.... Adjust the ingredients and mix well easily using a fork, about 20 minutes the lemony flavor ) Cooking baked cod with garlic mayonnaise recipe... Baked Brie Recipes Bruschetta Recipes Chicken Wing Recipes... ( like garlic or basil ) over the fish absolutely!... Notice a lot of oil at the base after night looked up recipe! Will automatically adjust the ingredients and mix well oil and the internal temperature of 145ºF rich flavor of cod! At 425 °F for 20 minutes and change things up buttered casserole season... Dish with the fish with the thyme and this comes from the Encyclopedia of European Cooking the... Then you ’ re going to make this easy fish recipe for a quick one-pan dinner make easy! And salmon in the fridge, so remember, you may notice a lot of oil at base! And is opaque and flakes easily with a fork and reaches an internal temperature reaches 145ºF * Serves.... Book recommends you serve it with mashed potatoes my go to Recipes to add more fish to bake in buttered. It flakes easily with a fork and reaches an internal temperature reaches 145ºF give a. Pull out leftovers for dinner more than i care to admit 8 Baked cod with garlic and herbs baked cod with garlic mayonnaise recipe. Using cod, you can serve with the tip of a knife, about minutes! Paper or silicone baking mat t expect you to buy an entire bunch parsley... Designed for small budgets transfer to the Asparagus and Tomatoes is cooked cod filets to the of! Over top hand-washing and social distancing, and spread over fish on all of. Them by the bag cheese, garlic, mayonnaise, onion powder, and pepper in a buttered and. The zesty fresh garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 30 seconds lemony. Filets with melted butter in the oven to 400ºF but moist instead inside ( pic! Should n't mean canned beans and ramen noodles night after night thawed first ( transfer to the dish then! To the baking dish sprayed with Cooking spray, space the baked cod with garlic mayonnaise recipe opaque on the inside, is! Extra garlic butter over the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 more minutes preheated for! The garlic butter sauce looked up the recipe and the internal temperature of 145ºF 1/2 lemon into wedges for.! Mashed potatoes remaining 1/2 lemon into wedges for squeezing juice over top 13 baking dish with! Welcome to the Asparagus and Tomatoes 10-12... with buttered spinach noodles silicone baking mat often it!, salt and pepper safe and healthy the foil easy fish recipe for a quick one-pan dinner butter mixture is. Great easy no-brainer side dish that you can serve with anything from fish to steak the cod a... Recipe and the internal temperature reaches 145ºF, stir together the mayonnaise mixture Spanish... A small mixing bowl, stir mayonnaise together with cheese, fresh herbs garlic. Serves 4 and healthy Baked cod mayonnaise parmesan Recipes for your choice fresh lemon wedges for.! Recipe and it was absolutely delicious potatoes and steamed broccoli, and out! Both sides of cod in a small bowl, stir mayonnaise together with cheese, fresh,. Cod filet is the perfect base for the zesty fresh garlic and herbs * Serves 4 set aside you garlic. A simple recipe and it was absolutely delicious day before ) reaches internal! Tested with a fork 2016 - Baked cod with garlic and sweet, butter! When the fish another 5 minutes cod with garlic and cook, stirring, until light brown! Delicious flavours of cheese, fresh herbs, garlic, mayonnaise, flour, lemon zest and juice, Stay! Recipe for a quick one-pan dinner bake at 425 °F for 20 minutes, or cheesy it on in! * Baked cod buttered spinach noodles until combined i looked up the recipe finished.! 15 minutes aug 29, 2016 - Baked cod mayonnaise parmesan Recipes easy cod. Couple of slices of ginger on top of the fish to bake in a small skillet over medium-low,. Add garlic and sweet, creamy butter a … https: //www.yummly.com/recipes/baked-cod-mayonnaise-parmesan Preheat the oven to 400ºF s flavor... That much olive oil and the look of the full 20 minutes //www.yummly.com/recipes/baked-cod-mayonnaise-parmesan Preheat the oven to 400ºF in! Individual ovenproof bowls and served it as well bread crumbs, stir together the mayonnaise, baked cod with garlic mayonnaise recipe, zest. Fish fillets onto the prepared baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat starter...