This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. I tried looking for the answer on the web but not had much luck. If you don’t want to travel here by yourself, Viator offers a tour here that takes you to both Ashikaga Flower Park and to view the magical Hitachi Seaside Park. Wisteria, at Jindai Botanical Gardens, Tokyo. Kawachi Fujien Wisteria Garden, set in the hills to the south of Kitakyushu, is most famous for its two 100-meter-long tunnels of wisteria. The gardens open to the public twice a year: once during the wisteria season in spring and once during the fall. The famous Kawachi Fuji (Wisteria) Garden (not to be confused with Mt Fuji) in Fukuoka prefecture was featured on many international media as one of the most stunning beauty views in Japan. I wonder would you have any advice for me? Kameido Tenjin Shrine Wisteria Festival (亀戸天神社 藤まつり) is a traditional event held since Edo period, and it’s one of the most popular flower festivals in Tokyo during spring. Hope this helps! Every morning at 7am, park staff decides the entrance fee for that day (1,700 yen maximum), depending on the state of the bloom and weather conditions. There are more than 20 types of Japanese wisteria and they are blue, purple, pink, white and yellow. I’ve been to the Ashikaga once. Kawachi Wisteria Garden Get lost in this secluded private garden. It is a moderately sized shrine but very much local. An 8-minute walk from Izumi Sunagawa Station in the town of Sennan, this wisteria garden can be found inside the former home of a resident, Masahiro Kajimoto. Located between the Phoenix Hall and Kannon Hall is an arbor where 280-year old vines grow, adding even more romance to the ancient surroundings. My next dream trip….maybe in 2016! For a few weeks during the hanami (cherry blossoms) in spring, and during the koyo (autumn leaves) in November, the garden of the Tokyo National Museum opens to the public. It’s the best resource, fully in English. There are 22 different species blooming in various colors (pink, purple, white, …). Ashikaga is a BEAUTIFUL garden. Moreover, an annual “Wisteria Festival”, also known as “Fuji Matsuri“, is hosted on April 27-29 to offer additional festivities in the gardens. Lovely photos! The following links are tied to the Amazon Associates program! Over time, this habit turned into a local wisteria festival. I was really looking forward to see the Cherry Blossoms, but i dont think we woul see much if i rebook it around the second week of April. Wisteria at Kameidoten-jinja, Tokyo. Jun 5, 2014 - Explore Yoshihiro Ogawa's photos on Flickr. I went this year on May 7th, and I think there was more green. Cost: Depending on the bloom, Free – 1,500 yen, Address: 2-2-48 Kawachi, Yahata-Higashi-ku, Kitakyushu City, Fukuoka. Located in Sennan City, in Osaka Prefecture, there is a locally famous wisteria garden in the former home of a town resident, the late Masahiro Kajimoto. Kawachi Fujien Wisteria Garden, set in the hills to the south of Kitakyushu, is most famous for its two 100-meter-long tunnels of wisteria. Visiting the wisteria gardens outside of Tokyo and the tunnel is one of the most interesting travel experiences. The cost varies but is generally around 1,000 yen. Just buy your ticket at the front, and then you’ll walk through this shop to enter the garden. Here, you’ll find a guide for how to get to both Ashikaga Flower Park & The Kawachi Fuji Garden Wisteria Tunnel. Ashikaga Flower Park is a park of about 9 hectares (23 acres) that showcases the beauty of mainly wisteria (fuji) as well as many other flowers. If we had to chose only one wisteria park to go to, which one would you recommend? Kawachi is a smaller wisteria garden unlike Ashikaga, but it’s still impressive. See also: Kameido Tenjin Shrine ... “Kameido became famous for its garden with a lake crossed in the middle by a series of semi-circular bridges in the manner of the Dazai temple in Kyushu, where Michizane died in exile. So, you may have seen photographs of that gorgeous garden of wisteria or the wisteria tunnels of Japan and wondered if this place exists on earth or not. Hope this helps! The scent is unreal. Enjoy the top rated TripAdvisor attractions in Tokyo, the hot-springs and views of Mt. Yoshihiro Ogawa has uploaded 20424 photos to Flickr. Yoshihiro … There are over 350 Japanese wisteria trees and 5000 azaleas in the park, including white wisteria flowers, the pink wisteria tree type and purple wisteria tree type. I’m not sure about the train times, but check out http://www.hyperdia.com to look up times! When you arrive, your local hotel will be able to put you in a taxi that will take you right there. Cherry blossoms bloom a couple of weeks before Wisteria does but sometimes you can get lucky and still get to see some blossoms at the end of April. Explore Yoshihiro Ogawa's photos on Flickr. So how do you buy tickets for each journey when time is so short? May 1, 2015 - Explore Yoshihiro Ogawa's photos on Flickr. Ashikaga Flower Park is also known for the remarkable illumination of the garden … I hope you can make it! The first time I ever saw a picture of these gardens, I gasped and exclaimed: “I HAVE to go there!” Lucky for me, both of these places happen to be in Japan. Kawachi Fuji Gardens in Kitakyushu, Japan ( 5 hours from Tokyo, if you take the Nozomi high speed train) is where you will find this pastel-colored fairytale tunnel.. If you go to Kawachi Fuji Garden then you’ll have to try to time it depending on the bloom. It’s hard to tell! Or perhaps phoning or emailing a hotel in Kita Kyushu can assist you better with this information! It’s probably better to go alone if it’s less time & it’s not enough for you. Das Wisteria Tunnel liegt im Kawachi Fuji Gärten Standort Kitakyushu, Japan ( 5 Stunden von Tokyo) besuchte ich mit meiner Mutter, die von lokalen Reiseveranstalter, der Garten verfügt über 150 Wisteria Pflanzen von 20 verschiedenen Arten, sondern den Tunnel selbst ist das Kronjuwel. Is it that I’ll be seeing more varieties of flowers in Ashikaga Park? your pictures are amazing! Get off at Tomita Station, and walk about 13 minutes to the park. Explore Yoshihiro Ogawa's photos on Flickr. It’s a very large park, and you can spend HOURS here. I think if they have coin lockers, they’ll be the smaller ones. and I love your post! The tunnel itself was quite impressive and even longer than I ever thought it would be. This garden has different attractions with Wisteria flowers all around, an 80m (263ft) long wisteria tunnel, a 220m (722ft) long wisteria tunnel, wisteria domes, and wisteria trellises. Wisteria flower (Fuji in Japanese) is one of the most beloved spring flowers in Japan. (We have limited time, since we are visiting Japan to go to a wedding.) SO you’ll probably just be going to Ashikaga. Depending on when you go in the season, the blooms always look different. Thank you! Yoshihiro Ogawa has uploaded 20453 photos to Flickr. The most renowned of the wisteria here is the huge central tree called ‘Oyodo of the Miracle’ that spans the walkway over the water. In case you really don’t have much time or cannot be bothered to leave Tokyo to see the hanging wisteria, head to Kameido Tenjin Shrine (亀戸天神社). We can’t wait to get to Japan. Only one of these gardens has an actual wisteria tunnel, and this is located in Kitakyushu. Haha . Wisteria in Full Bloom — Photo from Flickr cc by hatake_s. Wisteria isn't in season until late April or early/mid-May, so unless you're quite a bit south I don't think you'll see any wisteria in early April. Please let me know. The private garden hosts around 150 wisteria flowering plants of 20 different species. The land on which the garden is … Plants. Take your trip to the next level and unlock its magic. Wisteria. This tree was transplanted into the garden when it was already 130 years old by Konami Tsukamoto, a renowned female tree doctor in Japan. theeiko has … Tokyo's wisteria blooming period runs until early May, so get in quick if you want to capture a glance of these grape-like spring blossoms. It was founded in 1977 and covers 10,000 square meters. Available as PDF 4.95$ Buy / Preview Click for More Information . Sorry, I can’t tell you exactly about the viewing period this year because I haven’t been, but I did visit last year around May 7th and it was still nice. We visited on Sat 27 April, just before the official start of golden week. The Great Wisteria Festival at Ashikaga Flower Park (あしかがフラワーパーク) in Tochigi prefecture has been chosen as one of the top 10 international dream destinations by CNN in 2014, and wisteria flower has become a top tourist attraction in spring in Japan. Kameido Tenjin Shrine Kawachi Wisteria Garden . 4) Byakugou-ji Temple, Hyogo Prefecture. Dec 28, 2014 - Explore Yoshihiro Ogawa's photos on Flickr. And is there any resto in ashikaga flower park ? It’s not particularly easy to get to from Tokyo. I went at around 50% bloom and it was still nice. See more ideas about Wisteria japan, Wisteria, Japan. They were both nice times. The train station for Ashikaga is a lot smaller so I’m not sure they have coin lockers there, but they may have them at Ashikaga. May 14, 2014 - Explore Yoshihiro Ogawa's photos on Flickr. And it seems that you can’t buy through rail tickets online for travel in Japan like you can in Europe. Hi Evelyn, that may be the end of its bloom but it depends on when the Wisteria starts. Wisteria grows in many private and public gardens all over Japan. Ashikaga Flower Park (足利フラワーパーク) lies a bit outside of Tokyo but well worth an afternoon/evening trip to admire the spectacular flower displays and wisteria gardens. The Wisteria Tunnel of Kawachi Fujien. Suitcase Monkey Recommended for you. Recover your account. Yoshihiro Ogawa has uploaded 20778 photos to Flickr. We are going this April for most of the month. Great way to experience the real Japan! There are many places in the greater Tokyo area to view them, but Tokaen wisteria garden in Kasukabe City has, according to legend and horticulturists, some special claims to fame. It’s a really small town and about a 15 min walk to the park so I don’t recommend taking your luggage to the park area if it’s super heavy. Found this info very helpful for my trip to Tokyo in a couple weeks. May 5, 2014 - Explore Yoshihiro Ogawa's photos on Flickr. Me and my small family (one 2yrs old and one 12years old) are suppose to travel to japan end of March til April first week, but we had to rebook our flights for some reason. The cherry blossoms will have to remain on my bucket list for the time being. Japan's wisteria is a uniquely magical experience. But, also keep in mind that it’s not always possible to predict when the Cherry Blossoms will bloom and peak but it seems your tour at the end of March beginning of April should be a good bet. Lawn And Garden. One question, I might be going to wisteria and straight to Tokyo which means I will bring my baggage, is there a place where I can put my luggage there while I take a walk to Wisteria? The tour ticket set has four parts and they are labelled as 1/4 to 4/4 for simplicity. You can’t miss it (or just follow where everyone else is going). Access: From Tokyo, take the Utsunomiya line from Ueno Station to Oyama, and transfer to the Ryomo line. Wisteria tunnels became extremely popular after they were introduced on their official website in 2012 and since then, have become a popular tourist attraction for visitors from all over the world. Un jardin à la gloire des glycines. Thank you! These wisteria vines were planted during the Edo period (1603-1867). The dates for GW range between the end of April and early May. These cookies do not store any personal information. , Sending love all the way from the Philippines . I know it’s absolutely foolish on my part to ask which one to choose since both r going to be awesome and i m crazy about d flowers n in general Nature.Since i can’t afford both d tours due to financial constraints,i have to fix on one.In India,we have these golden colour Laburnums like these Ashikaga (Fuji) flowers and I go mad when i see them in full bloom.Stepahnie,pl.help me to make choice – Cherry blossom or Ashikaga ? I’ll be in Tokyo on 4th May and want to visit Ashikaga Flower Park on 6th May. Yes, the wisteria are blooming, and (did you even have to ask?) By bus: From JR Yahata Station, take the Nishitetsu bus (about 20 minutes) to Kawachi Shogakko-Mae bus stop. Yoshihiro Ogawa has uploaded 19768 photos to Flickr. Beneath the wisteria trellises is a quiet pond, creating a tranquil scene of purple flowers reflected on the surface of the water. On the way out, you might want to pick up some wisteria scented products like lotions, soaps, and even food. Although if you have a JR Rail Pass and don’t mind the long journey, by all means, save some money and take the train! (From the end of November to February) ※ Except for during the events period “The tale of Fuji no hana (wisteria flowers) ”and “ The garden of flowers of illuminations ”. This book will enlighten you in its 400 pages of tips, advice, and information. The most popular sight at Kawachi Fuji Garden is the colorful “Wisteria Tunnel” which is about 220 m long. The gardens open to the public twice a year: once during the wisteria season in spring and once during the fall. Wow! It’s a doable day trip either by yourself or with a tour. You’re welcome! Perhaps you can look on the park’s website and see if they have a calendar of blooms around the year. If you have a rail pass, them that can work too although it will be a longer journey and will cost more. But if it blooms super early you may be too late. KAWACHI WISTERIA GARDEN ! Hi Meo, as mentioned in my article regarding the time to visit, the Wisteria peaks at the end of April early May. When do you think is the best time to book our flight for Wisteria blooms? But there’s one important rule to remember when visiting the Wisteria gardens of japan: TRY TO PLAN AROUND GOLDEN WEEK. It only covers the JR line, which includes the Shinkansen. Article from ... . Sujet : Kawachi wisteria garden (Japon) 26/06/2017 - 21h6 Le meilleur moment pour y aller est à la fin du mois de mai et juin quand Wisteria est en fleur complète. Due to the info I have found, recommend to visit it at early of May, but there are no further info for other time. This is a national holiday when EVERYONE in Japan is on holiday which means everyone will be at the gardens. Explore Yoshihiro Ogawa's photos on Flickr. At this time of the year, the wisteria flowers are in full bloom. Here, you’ll find a guide for how to get to both Ashikaga Flower Park & The Kawachi Fuji Garden Wisteria Tunnel. As this is one of Tokyo’s free floral events, halfthe city might be there enjoying the show with you! You can search hashtags on Instagram for Ashikaga Flower Park, etc because people will post pictures daily from the park and you can actually see what the blooms look like. Magical Illuminations of Ashikaga Park's Wisteria Arbor — Photo from Flickr cc by Manish Prabhune. How long is the normal “best viewing period”. Plants. Good luck! I never take the Shinkansen, but it’s a personal preference depending on time. Kameido Tenjin Shrine has been called the best place in Tokyo to see wisteria in bloom. Hope this helps! Within the garden’s southern side, over 200 plants of 20 various species blossom every spring. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. A Beginner’s Guide to Japanese Ceramics, Porcelain and Pottery. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun to enjoy the park when there are fewer people. By all means, get there super early! The train info was VERY helpful! I liked Kawachi Fuji Gardens, but it's not on my way unfortunatle.. Also found one not far from Tokyo on the way to Nikko - Ashikaga flower park.So how do you think is it possible to see it in one day with Nikko park?.