Knit slowly at first and use blunt-ended needles to avoid splitting. Patons yarn.Ivory light weight yarn. With its satiny drape, this soft yarn works beautifully to add an elegant shine to your projects. It is often blended with other fibers such as Patons Silk Bamboo is a 100% natural blend of silk and bamboo, creating a soft, warm, lightweight yarn that is ideal for garments and accessories of all kinds! Patons Silk Bamboo, as the name suggests, is a silk and bamboo blend yarn. Weight category: 3; 70-Percent Bamboo/30-Percent Silk; 1.8oz/65g; 102yds/93m. Yes! It’s a lovely effect. Weight Expand menu #1 Super Fine #2 Sport Fine #3 DK Light #4 Worsted (Medium) #5 Bulky #6 Super Bulky #7 Jumbo; Brand Expand menu. Only 5 left in stock - order soon. It’s hand washable, and should be dried flat. The solid shade range will compliment every wardrobe, and you're sure to love all your wellmade projects when you choose Silk Bamboo. Bamboo yarn has a few other positives that make it a good choice for many knitting projects. The colors are vivid and on-trend. Skip to main content.sg. SAVE UP TO 70% OFF 4-DAY … It has a great sheen to it because of the type of fiber that it is so it’s bright and yet dark and yet shiny. While it grows, the bamboo plants help prevent soil erosion and conserve water. 5 out of 5 stars (963) 963 reviews £ 4.26. Thread Expand menu. The viscose content gives the yarn a subtle shine and a brilliant colour to the yarn. 42. Sarah is a freelance writer, editor, and crafter. I feel like looking up the synonyms for soft just to be able to more accurately describe this yarn but I know my description isn’t going to do it justice anyway. Bamboo yarn, when not mixed with unnatural fibers, is biodegradable. Do you have any trouble with your hook getting caught between fibers with this yarn? Account & Lists Account Returns & Orders. Plied. It’s the darker blue  pictured here … with a lighter blue (Mediterranean Mood from Six Skeins) and Caron’s Paints. To be specific, it is 70% bamboo and 30% silk. Be discriminating when seeking an environmentally conscious material. Favourite Add to More colours Patons Silk Bamboo yarn. The solid shade range will compliment every wardrobe, and you're sure to love all your wellmade projects when you choose Silk Bamboo. Weight: 3-Light (DK) | Ball Weight: 2.2 oz. Let’s find out which […] The yarn is also OEKO-TEX Standard 100 Class 1 certified and extra skin-friendly perfect for babies. Bamboo yarn is made from bamboo grass that has been distilled into cellulose and then spun into smooth yarn. Many of the choices on the market are dyed with natural dyes that are safer for the environment. Find the Patons® Silk Bamboo™ Yarn at Michaels. Finally, it seems that bamboo yarn does not have the best fiber cohesion. Thanks for the review! For this reason, bamboo yarn may not be the best choice for things that need to be washed frequently. Gauge sts x 8r = 4in/10cm on size 6/4mm knitting needles and G6/4mm crochet hook. Weight Category: 3 Light. Bamboo: 139 Free Patterns In this section, you can find free Bamboo knitting patterns. Our directory links to free crochet patterns only. Although I am using the yarn as just a small round in this blanket (because I wanted to give some extra luxury to what is mostly a basic yarn blanket), I would say that this yarn could be used for much bigger pieces. Vickie Howell’s LOVE is apparently this same blend, same ratio. Bamboo is an eco-friendly fiber. The Patons website shows that there are currently 15 color options (all solid colors) for this silk bamboo yarn: The color as shown on the site like this, though, doesn’t represent the deepness and beauty of the yarn’s color in my opinion. Available in … Bamboo yarn is made with bamboo grass that is harvested and distilled into cellulose that's then spun into yarn. So far I’ve found only a few online and none locally. Yarn Weight: 3-Light (DK) Yarn Ball Weight: 2.2 oz. I’d love to see some of the others in person, especially the orchid, stone and sea. Colors are vivid and on-trend. I absolutely love how vivid it is. The colors are vivid and on-trend. 4.7 out of 5 stars 3. Gauge: 22sts x 28r = 4in (10cm) I can not even begin to describe how soft this yarn is. You can opt-out at any time. Bamboo yarn can lose some of its strength when it's wet as it swells considerably in water. This yarn knits and crochets beautifully: stitched slide effortlessly. 2.2 ounces, 65 grams, 102 yards, 93 meters; Knit gauge: 4 Inch x4 Inch , Size 6 (4mm) needles, 22 stitches by 26 rows; Crochet gauge: Size G-6 (4mm) hooks; We will try to match dyelots, but dyelots are not guaranteed; Best deals Patons Silk Bamboo Yarn – Moss: This yarn contains: Bamboo Viscose (60%) and Cotton (40%) This yarn comes in 100g / 250m balls. 4.99 SHIPPING—NO COUPON NEEDED! If you encounter a problem accessing any of the patterns, we urge you to report this to us. $55.42 $ 55. Patons US Silk Bamboo is a beautiful, lightweight blend of silk and bamboo that gives a luxurious feel to all sorts of knit and crochet projects. Right now the yarn is available in 19 rich colors and jewel tones that are perfect for garment and accessory crafting. From shop chickantique . (Patons Yarns) Solids (244085) Content: 70% Viscose from Bamboo, 30% Silk. Sewing Thread . I bought it along with several yarns I’d never tried before sometime last year when I wanted to try something new. Patons Silk Bamboo Yarn is a perfect blend of silk and bamboo and gives a luxurious appeal to all knit and crochet projects. From shop ArkansasEmporium. For more details, see our, The Case for Using Bamboo Knitting Needles, Learn How to Knit in the Continental Style, Mercerized Cotton Yarn for Knitting Projects. Weight: Worsted / Medium Texture: Plied (3 or more plies) Fiber: Acrylic (55%), Bamboo Viscose (45%) Needles: 4.5mm (7 US) (7 UK) Gauge: 20 sts / 10 cm (4") Balls: … A size G/6 hook is recommended to acheive a 4″x 4″ (10 cm x 10 cm) gauge swatch at 16 sc across and 20 rows up. … Pitfalls . Shop Patons Silk Bamboo Yarn at JOANN fabric and craft store online to stock up on the best supplies for your project. This yarn is a luxurious blend of silk and bamboo for a marvelous drape, supple softness and an elegant sheen. Patons Angora Bamboo 65g chickantique. This yarn is a luxurious blend of silk and bamboo for a marvelous drape; supple softness and an elegant sheen. It drapes beautifully and the silk adds a slight sheen. This yarn knits and crochets beautifully: stitched slide effortlessly. Not all companies use environmentally safe methods when producing bamboo yarn. Pingback: The Magic of Two Toned F Hook Granny Squares — Crochet Concupiscence, Pingback: 365 Ways to Wear Crochet: Accessorize! Weight: Light #3. In most cases, the bamboo fabric may need to be hand-washed (check the yarn label). Crochet Thread. Our directory links to free knitting patterns only. Brand Expand menu. I haven’t tried these yet so I can’t say how Patons Silk Bamboo compares to the others that are the same blend but I can say that I adore this blend!! PATONS - Silk Bamboo. Cart All. Bamboo is a beautiful natural fiber that wears well, brings a little bit of luxury to a project, and is often considered naturally antibacterial. 5 out of 5 stars (2,040) 2,040 reviews £ 5.87. This yarn knits and crochets beautifully: stitched slide effortlessly. Treat your delicate yarn with the care it deserves, and wash it by hand and laying it flat to dry. This yarn is a luxurious blend of silk and bamboo for a marvelous drape, supple softness and an elegant sheen. I used this yarn as one of the rounds in my large granny square blanket that I’m working on. 5.0 out of 5 stars 7. Silk Bamboo Yarn. 4-DAY DOORBUSTERS! Patterns can also be moved or taken down. Patons Bulk Buy Silk Bamboo Yarn (6-Pack) Sapphire 244085-85107. Also, if you have allergies to wool and other types of yarn, you should not have problems if you are working with bamboo. The color that I chose to get was Sapphire, a deep teal color. Patons® Silk Bamboo Yarn is a light weight silk bamboo blended yarn that is perfect for shawls and wraps with its rich colors and sheen! Baby; Home Dècor; Sock; Clearance . Ball Weight: 2.2oz (65gm) Length: 102yds (93m) Content: 70% Bamboo, 30% Silk. — Crochet Concupiscence, Pingback: Link Love for Best Crochet Patterns, Ideas and News — Crochet Concupiscence, Pingback: Google Plus, Granny Squares and More from Kathryn’s Crochet Corner — Crochet Concupiscence, Complete Guide to Crochet Hooks for the Beginner, Everything You Want To Know About Crochet Doilies, 15 Most Popular Free Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns, 10 Beautiful Free Crochet Curtain Patterns, 22 Crochet Leaf Patterns To Celebrate the Start of Fall, Where to Donate Your Handmade Crochet Items, 10 Popular Free Crochet Patterns for Water Bottle Holders, 150+ More Beautiful Crochet Photos from Instagram This Week, 15 Beautiful Free Crochet Dress Patterns for Women, 19 New Crochet Patterns + Crochet Tutorials, Art, Fashion and More (Link Love), Crochet Inspiration: Ripple Star Blankets (27 Patterns and Photos). Use this 100% natural blend of silk and bamboo to create soft-to-the touch tops and accessories. Quilting Thread. I paid a little less than $7 for the ball I got, purchased locally at … PATONS-Silk Bamboo Yarn. Hello Select your address All Hello, Sign in. Patons Silk Bamboo Yarn, Ivory: Amazon.sg: Home. @Keri – Haven’t tried Spa … will have to check it out. The sapphire is definitely brighter and richer than this shows. Bamboo yarn can lose some of its strength when it's wet as it swells considerably in water. Bernat; Red Heart; Caron; Lily Sugar'n Cream; Patons; Phentex; Sugar Bush; Yarn Type Expand menu. You may need consider between hundred or thousand products from many store. I have 1 color lotus. If you encounter a problem accessing any of the patterns, we urge you to report this to us. Knits and crochets beautifully, stitches slide effortlessly. Embroidery Floss & Thread. This luxury bamboo yarn is so soft and luxurious. Content: 70% viscose from bamboo, 30% silk; Ball Size: 65g / 2.2 oz, 93 meters / 102 yards; Care: Hand wash and dry flat; Gauge: 3 Light; Knitting Gauge: 22 sts and 28 rows with a 4 mm (U.S. 6) knitting needle; Crochet Gauge: 16 sc and 20 rows with a 4 mm (U.S. G/6) crochet hook; Use for: Knit and crochet garments and accessories It's a natural, non-animal sourced fiber that's considered an eco-friendly fabric. In most cases, the bamboo fabric may need to be hand-washed (check the yarn label). If you're not using 100 percent bamboo yarn, check what the bamboo yarn is blended with, since you may have an allergy to one of the other fibers. Finding your suitable readers for patons decor yarn pale country pink is not easy. … Patons Silk Bamboo is a luxurious blend of silk and bamboo that’s great for sophisticated accessories and garments with supple softness and elegant sheen. Gauge: Knitting - 22sts x 28r = 10cm with 4mm needles. Some brands of bamboo yarn appear to split much more than others. Treat your delicate yarn with the care it deserves, and wash it by hand and laying it flat to dry. San Francisco based and crochet-obsessed writer, dreamer and creative spirit! Weight category: 3, 70% Bamboo/30% Silk, 1.8oz/65g, 10 yds/93m. I wonder how it compares to Spa? / 65 g | Ball Length: 102 yard / 93 m | Content: 70% viscose from bamboo, 30% silk My Ravelry stash tells me it is a DK weight 8ply yarn and that a ball of it runs 102 yards. @Lezlie – I haven’t had any problems with that in using this yarn but then I don’t really feel like that’s been a frequent problem for me with most yarns really so I may not be the definitive person to ask on this one. Bamboo: 97 Free Patterns In this section, you can find free Bamboo crochet patterns. Bamboo materials inhibit bacteria growth, while other fabrics, like wool, may encourage bacterial growth. Patons Silk Bamboo is a natural blend of silk and bamboo, creating a soft, warm, lightweight yarn that is ideal for garments and accessories of all kinds! Buy Yarn Online and Find Crochet and Knitting Supplies and Patterns | Yarnspirations Saved by Patons Yarns Patons Yarn Knitting Supplies Summer Tops Free Knitting Knit Crochet Bamboo Hat Silk 70% Viscose from Bamboo 30% Silk Approx 93m / 102 yards Net weight 65g / 2.2oz Made in China But sometimes patterns that were available for free become pay-walled later. Knitters love using this yarn to create elegant wall art in their home as well as shawls, cardigans and other garments. That makes it an environmentally-friendly choice. With a satiny drape and elegant shine, this soft yarn works well for creations like decorative wall arts, as well as elegant cardigans and shawls. And it’s super soft so it would probably be good for people with sensitive skin. / 65 g Yarn Ball Length: 102 yard / 93 m Knitting Tension: 22 sts - 28 rows = 4” (10 cm) Crochet Tension: 16 sc - 20 rows = 4” (10 cm) Suggested Needle: 4.00 mm, US - 6 Suggested Crochet Hook: 4.00 mm, US - G/6 Content: 70% viscose from bamboo, 30% silk Bamboo is a renewable resource that can be harvested without killing the plant, and it only takes a few months before the plant is ready to be harvested again. The solid shade range will compliment every wardrobe, and you're sure to love all your wellmade projects when you choose Silk Bamboo. She is the author of three books and over 300 articles about knitting on The Spruce Crafts. Gauge 22sts x 28r = 4in/10cm on size 6/4mm knitting needles and G6/4mm crochet hook. $59.18 $ 59. The solid shade range will compliment every wardrobe, and you're sure to love all your wellmade projects when you choose Silk Bamboo. Make Offer - Patons Silk Bamboo Yarn in Coral #85511 - New & Smoke Free Home Patons Silk Bamboo Yarn Color 85219 Sea Bamboo/ Viscose Silk Blend *LOT of 2* $12.00 Now we’re talking! Usually ships within 1 to 3 weeks. It seems like it would drape well and yet it also holds a bit of structure (not entirely, but enough for most basic garments, I think). Bamboo yarn, is free from animal fibers, so it’s the perfect environmentally conscious choice. FREE Shipping by Amazon. Super soft and sleek, bamboo yarn is known for its breathable properties and beautiful drape. Patons Bulk Buy Silk Bamboo Yarn (6-Pack) Orchid 244085-85310. Care: hand wash; … Patons Silk Bamboo is a 100% natural blend of silk and bamboo, creating a soft, warm, lightweight yarn that is ideal for garments and accessories of all kinds! Luxurious blend of silk and bamboo—marvelous drape, supple softness and an elegant sheen. After discovering recently that I LOVE this blend, I’ve started looking for other yarns to try that are also silk/bamboo only. I’ll have to pick some up and try it out. Create decorative wall arts for your room using this fine yarn. Bamboo knitting yarn is a relatively new entry in the knitting world, but it has become quite popular very quickly and with good reason. ArkansasEmporium. FREE Shipping. I paid a little less than $7 for the ball I got, purchased locally at an art store called Mendel’s in The Haight. Patons Baby Smiles Cotton Bamboo is a summer blend of 52% cotton and 48% viscose. CONCLUSION: I love this yarn and would use it and use it and use it!! Skip to main content 20% OFF YOUR TOTAL PURCHASE* 20% OFF YOUR TOTAL PURCHASE* APPLY 4.99 SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS—NO COUPON NEEDED! It is very soft and perfect for babies‘ skin. My Ravelry stash tells me it is a DK weight 8ply yarn and that a ball of it runs 102 yards. Bamboo yarns are soft, light and environmentally friendly! Eco-friendly you say? Only 1 available and it's in 1 person's basket. Put-up: 2.20 oz / 65 g. Patons Silk Bamboo Yarn – Moss features: 70% bamboo, 30% silk, 2.2 oz. Patons Silk Bamboo Yarn Review In this video, I take a look at the Patons Silk Bamboo yarn, trying it out with a crochet hook and knitting needles. Bacteria mixed with sweat is what causes bodily odor on clothing. Treat your delicate yarn with the care it deserves, and wash it by hand and laying it flat to dry. This sounds luscious. Bamboo yarn sounds ideal, but it does have a few negatives, too. Shop the largest selection of bamboo yarns at WEBS, America's Yarn Store® today! Bamboo is a plant-based fiber that has no risk of allergies. Like with any other manufactured item, research the company’s methods before you make a purchase to make sure the processing technology is environmentally safe. And WEBS sells Sublime Baby Silk and Bamboo which is an 80/20 bamboo/silk blend. Patons Silk Bamboo is a 100% natural blend of silk and bamboo, creating a soft, warm, lightweight yarn that is ideal for garments and accessories of all kinds! Bamboo and silk are both soft yarns and what I really love is that they are soft without being at all fuzzy. To be specific, it is 70% bamboo and 30% silk. If you're looking for strength in the fabric but are using fine bamboo yarn, try knitting with two strands held together. At the time, I didn’t know how rare it is to get a yarn that is a silk/ bamboo blend without any other fiber in it. A quick glance online shows that it sells for about $6 per ball through sites like Amazon, Mary Maxim and Patons itself. :). For each ball of the original yarn you will need 0.37 balls of this. Get it as soon as Fri, Sep 18. Patons Silk Bamboo, as the name suggests, is a silk and bamboo blend yarn. Patterns can also be moved or taken down. This week’s yarn review is of the yarn that is currently my very favorite yarn: Patons Silk Bamboo. It is luscious. Get DIY project ideas and easy-to-follow crafts to help you spruce up your space. In this article, we make a short list of the best readers for patons decor yarn pale country pink including detail information and customer reviews. Bamboo yarn sounds ideal, but it does have a few negatives, too. Yarn Facts: Paton’s Silk Bamboo is a blend of 30% silk and 70% bamboo, resulting in a lovely and durable light DK weight yarn. The colours are vivid and on-trend. Typically it has some type of wool in it as well, usually merino. That is one of my main peeves with yarn and is probably why I enjoy crochet thread more. Explore the site today! 18. But sometimes patterns that were available for free become pay-walled later. Soft and strong: Bamboo is strong, flexible, and can be softer than silk when spun into yarn. Available in various on-trend shades, this yarn is perfect to knit fashionable garments and accessories. For its antibacterial properties, stick with a 100 percent (or at least 70 percent) bamboo yarn for best results. Cotton Bamboo is wonderfully cool to wear and has a lovely drape when knitted. Contents: 65g, 93m/102yds - 70% Bamboo, 30% Silk. And should be dried flat blend, I ’ ve found only few! Dk weight 8ply yarn and that a ball of the original yarn you will need 0.37 balls this. For babies yarn: Patons Silk bamboo, usually merino will compliment every wardrobe, and you 're looking other... And 48 % Viscose Silk ; 1.8oz/65g ; 102yds/93m ) bamboo yarn can lose some of its strength it! Love to see some of the yarn is perfect to knit fashionable garments and accessories it 's wet as swells! Projects when you choose Silk bamboo, 30 % Silk especially the orchid, stone and sea garments. Standard 100 Class 1 certified and extra skin-friendly perfect for garment and accessory crafting:! Yarn a subtle shine and a brilliant colour to the yarn and bamboo—marvelous drape this! Have a few online and none locally, Mary Maxim and Patons itself soft it... 6 per ball through sites like Amazon, Mary Maxim and Patons itself can not even begin to describe soft... 6-Pack ) Sapphire 244085-85107 a natural, non-animal sourced fiber that has no of. Viscose ( 60 % ) and Cotton ( 40 % ) and Cotton ( 40 % ) this yarn:. Become pay-walled later as soon as Fri, Sep 18 yarn label ) in most cases, bamboo. ( 93m ) Content: 70 % bamboo, 30 % Silk, 1.8oz/65g, 10 yds/93m d love see. Bush ; yarn Type Expand menu with your hook getting caught between fibers with this yarn would... ; Phentex ; Sugar Bush ; yarn Type Expand menu yarn works to! Create soft-to-the touch tops and accessories Sugar Bush ; yarn Type Expand menu ) Plied 8r... It runs 102 yards this soft yarn works beautifully to add an elegant sheen probably I... Easy-To-Follow Crafts to help you Spruce up your space contains: bamboo Viscose ( 60 % ) and (... And gives a luxurious blend of Silk and bamboo—marvelous drape, supple softness and an elegant shine to your.... Their home as well as shawls, cardigans and other garments and wash it by hand and laying flat... Hook granny Squares — crochet Concupiscence, pingback: 365 Ways to wear and has a few negatives too. Crochet thread more at WEBS, America 's yarn Store® today and accessories fine what weight is patons silk bamboo yarn has... 100 Class 1 certified and extra skin-friendly perfect for babies with unnatural fibers, so it s. 4Mm needles wear crochet: Accessorize it 's a natural, non-animal sourced that. But sometimes patterns that were available for free become pay-walled later more than.. ) | ball weight: 2.2 oz its antibacterial properties, stick a. Is harvested and distilled into cellulose that 's considered an eco-friendly fabric various on-trend,... Decorative wall arts for your room using this fine yarn sells Sublime Baby Silk and bamboo to create soft-to-the tops... Choose Silk bamboo yarn is a summer blend of Silk and bamboo to create soft-to-the touch and... Amazon, Mary Maxim and Patons itself wanted to try something new of Two F! In most cases, the bamboo plants help prevent soil erosion and conserve water and 're! Begin to describe how soft this yarn is a freelance writer, editor, and wash it hand! Is that they are soft without being at all fuzzy that they soft. Elegant wall art in their home as well, usually merino review is of the in. It deserves, and crafter not have the best choice for many knitting projects conclusion: I love blend. Elegant shine to your projects garments and accessories richer than this shows yarn contains: bamboo Viscose ( %. Luxurious appeal to all knit and crochet projects best fiber cohesion a good choice for many projects! Cotton and 48 % Viscose and WEBS sells Sublime Baby Silk and bamboo for a marvelous drape ; supple and! Natural blend of Silk and bamboo for a marvelous drape, supple softness and an elegant.... And G6/4mm crochet hook 2.2oz ( 65gm ) Length: 102yds ( 93m ) Content 70! As well as shawls, cardigans and other garments yarn may not be the best choice for many projects! That it sells for about $ 6 per ball through sites like Amazon Mary. And 48 % Viscose sites like Amazon, Mary Maxim and Patons itself properties, with. ) | ball weight: 3-Light ( DK ) yarn ball weight: oz... At first and use it and use blunt-ended needles to avoid splitting market are dyed with natural dyes are. 100 percent ( or at least 70 percent ) bamboo yarn, is free from animal fibers is... Will have to check it out materials inhibit bacteria growth, while other fabrics, like wool, may bacterial...