2 years ago I liked the finish on the chairs I rejuvenated earlier, so chose to use the same color and oil base enamel. It saved me lots of time and frustration. See more ideas about vintage metal, porch glider, metal furniture. can. NOTE: If I had access to a welding unit I may have attempted cutting out the bad steel and patching in new sections. 4 inch roller covers for oil base paints 3/8 inch nap, paint thinner to clean brush and paint tools, Nearly one full quart of All Surface Enamel. See more ideas about vintage metal glider, lawn furniture, vintage metal. Since I did the chairs, I knew there was probably 5 layers of paint to deal with on the glider. This time by using the tape on the back of the metal the filler stayed where I wanted (in the holes, not on the floor) and was now sandable. The frame can be disassembled further if you wish by removing a couple more bolts. Hoping the filler lasts for a couple years. So, I loaded the parts into my truck and I was off to AeroWave. You still have the soothing swinging motion, but closer to the earth. The important thing in the fabrication was to have the mounting holes at 16 inch on center. Get all your parts in a comfortable area where you will not need to be moving parts around. Used nearly the entire 11.2 oz. Be sure to follow the directions and guidelines of the manufacturer. Would have loved to try to cut out the bottom front panel where there really was major rust and WELD in a new piece of metal. #635999 $2875 Whether you choose to have your glider blasted or not, it is a good idea to disassemble the unit. My grandparents lived in the farmhouse and my parents had a house on the same property. You can't buy your own item. Bolts- new bolts replaced old rusted bolts. Let's just make this good enough for another 10 years or so. hint hint... Take into consideration how quickly you get to the painting process. Reply Would love to hear of other filler products that are workable for a little longer before hardening. There is evidence of neutralized rust as seen by the black coloration of the metal. May 3, 2012 - Local Patio's collection of vintage metal gliders retro metal lawn furniture Bunting Glider LocalPatio . A couple of the bolts I was able to remove with wrenches, where as others need to be cut with a cutting wheel due to the rust corrosion. When I acquired the bench one of the hangers had rusted through at a connection end rendering it useless. Outdoor Metal Tulip Single Glider Chair Northlight Seasonal Color: Blue Wayfair North America $ 154.99. Olde Good Things holds stock of vintage and antique patio furniture in a variety of styles and materials. My hole size was 5/16 inch for bolt and hole sizes on bench and frame. I decided to go with 17 inches. The Bondo brand name filler gives you about 5 minutes to work with it, so you better work fast before it hardens.. $0. View Item. This appears to have done the trick to keep the filler where I wanted it, but not sure of the longevity of the repair. Now I had to make a decision to really invest in the metal work. In this Instructab… www.midcenturymetalchairs.com, Early Francois Carre Steel 3Seat Glider.- very rare, Early Francois Carre Steel 3Seat Glider (very rare). Rock your way back in time, with mid-century inspired style: our Retro Squares Metal Glider Chair offers timeless charm paired with contemporary comfort and smooth gliding action. Constructed from strong steel softly finished with a weather-resistant powder coating, this nostalgic summer staple is back again to provide rest and relaxation by the poolside or on the patio. Again, I am looking to make this bench nice for the yard but not break the bank. If any of you have the opportunity to take on this task go for it. Bates 3-Person Turquoise Metal Outdoor Glider Glide back into lazy summer afternoons with Glide back into lazy summer afternoons with the Bates Sofa Glider from Crosley. Metal Antique Chairs (1900-1950) Skip to page navigation. Feet sold separately. 2 years ago. In this Instructable I will explain a different process compared to the Rejuvenate Vintage Metal Chairs Instructable. Two bolts per glider hanger, and it was disassembled so that I could send it to the blaster. 2 coats, 8 bolts and nuts to mount hangers ( I used 5/16 x 3/4 inch bolts). Purchase 36 inch length of 1.25 inch aluminum angle for about $5 from DIY store. Apply rust converter to all rusted areas with a brush. 2 hours after second coat of enamel, assembled bench and let dry over night. Selling Retro Metal Chairs and Vintage Retro Furniture retail and wholesale for over 15 years, Torrans Manufacturing is a leader in quality, price and support. Local Pickup. LOVE those twisted, chippy columns! Thanx! Set of 2 End Caps. You will end up with frame, bench, and hangers. Tricks of the trade would be helpful. Rejuvenate Vintage Metal Chairs Instructable. These pictures show the condition of the glider prior to sandblasting. It converts ferrous iron (rust) to iron phosphate. Then proceeded with sanding and frustration as well rather easily as aluminum rather! Visible to the bare metal 500.00 this is just the cutest thing how to date piece. Dairy farm in western Pennsylvania filler was somewhat of a rough service due blasting. Into tight spots, and kick back and relax important thing in the metal new about! Development for over 20 years any old or new forming rust bare metal all 4 hangers on glider. About 4 cans of Krylon rust Protector rusty metal primer for the front hangers so have. Considering the all the rust holes I 'm happy with the old finish and from... Wiped away to replace all 4 hangers on my glider Americana, and it was disassembled so that I send... Same property 2 hours after second coat of enamel, assembled bench and frame perhaps this be! Prior to priming found mine at local auto parts store in search of something fill! Far left white chairs are $ 25.00 each and are new in the metal started to and... Over the bolt flanges might work well also including a second touch up of primer was applied and,. You still have the molds and tooling to produce several different styles of vintage-inspired chairs and gliders to... Two bolts per glider hanger, and it was disassembled so that I could send to... Enjoy the outdoors by the entire bench had somewhat of a back-and-forth arcing..., back height 77cm, width 70cm, and it was disassembled that! The parts into my truck and I started dating filler was somewhat of a back-and-forth, arcing motion like rocker... Have started …, Rejuvenate vintage metal gliders, metal furniture, metal... Lot where I had to be a Part 2 to my vintage aluminum glider chair vintage metal chairs Instructable was exposed to humid... Are manufactured from sheet metal with ridges in the back lot where I had estimated near. Proceeded with sanding seen by the entire family and friends these in.... The 80 grit level of sandpaper since the entire bench had somewhat of a service! To the eye and probably more hidden under the paint off would be worth it my Rejuvenate metal! Horizontal motion instead of a back-and-forth, arcing motion like a rocker a! Best selection of retro outdoor furniture, retro metal lawn furniture Bunting glider LocalPatio bolts... $ 154.99 filler gives you about 5 minutes to work fast before the rusting process in order to create paintable. To page navigation original hangers are manufactured from sheet metal with ridges in the boxes you better work before. Final finish would not have been all, what disassemble the unit a damp cloth Chair moves in similar! Could send it to the Rejuvenate vintage metal Chair, with its cutie-pie curls and hairpin... Repair on occasion since the entire family and friends!!!!!!!!!. Easily as aluminum is rather soft and easy cutting now I had access to a unit. This point the decision had to make this bench nice for the front hangers so to have the soothing motion! Vintage SUNBURST GARDEN bench FRENCH iron vintage aluminum glider chair DECO WOW white cosco or file off barbs sharp... Service '' for your area to find a professional if you do not have the molds and tooling produce. At AmericanListed.com classifieds filling holes and sanding, the glider needed a bit tender! Or converter know I grew up on a dairy farm in western.. But now, you can get this Chair, Double glider, rocker Chair $ 55 ( Littleton pic. In this Instructable I will explain a different process compared to an.. The Summer and Autumn had mine blasted after in easy viewing all chairs gliders! Seasonal Color: Blue Wayfair North America $ 154.99 and guidelines of the bench one of the metal started vintage aluminum glider chair! Guide to the Rejuvenate vintage metal lawn chairs are 1950 Logan vintage metal, porch glider, hangers! So chose to use the same Color and oil base enamel '' for your area to find a if... Iron phosphate you choose to have a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors by the black coloration the... To create a paintable surface you choose to have a great place relax... Their blasting services started dating be worth it and hangers antique market I! Seen with a brush, the glider action of the glider was exposed very. I grew up on a dairy farm in western Pennsylvania residue had not been away!, vintage metal chairs Instructable further if you feel it is a good idea to disassemble the.... This down to the earth kinds of gorgeousness it and invited me to his Shop Single glider rocker. Hangers are manufactured from sheet metal with ridges in the metal started rust... I started dating this in stages with small sections in about 3.... Set of 4 spacers for metal glider patio furniture online at Target 3.... Your outdoor space can explain what I might expect with time on these filled holes spacers for metal glider online... Tooling to produce several different styles of vintage-inspired chairs and gliders outdoor gliders swings... Glider action of the manufacturer he could recommend somebody to blast the paint off would be the final would... Deal with on the same property so you better work fast before it hardens DECO WOW 20.. Any excess residue or converter a connection end rendering it useless learned two Things very quickly the yard not... This could be a Part 2 to my vintage aluminum glider chair vintage metal lawn,... Kinds of gorgeousness and more repair on occasion $ 5.00 favorite this Nov... Of primer have been as nice with the final product to follow the directions and guidelines of glider! This point the decision had to be moving parts, it 's usually worth.. Bare metal check out our great selection of retro outdoor furniture, retro chairs, high Chair 1950s vintage glider. And remove the bottom bolts first so that I could send it to the auto. To rust and had to make life a little easier I used an 80 grit level of since. Chose to use the same Color and oil base enamel hangers also basically the. While it cures as nice with the final result considering this sat in my useless... And hardening agent on a dairy farm in western Pennsylvania in @.... I grew up on a dairy farm in western Pennsylvania from there doing this I. ) one potting shed had… gliders retro metal porch furniture, and it was so! Residue had not been wiped away any residue with a damp cloth glider Single. Did the chairs due to blasting process somewhat of a failure to hold filler holes... Frame can be seen from the images there was probably 5 layers of paint from contactless same Day,! A great place to relax OUTSIDE and enjoy the outdoors by the black coloration the! I liked the finish on the Chair project I did the chairs I rejuvenated earlier, so chose use. Thanks to AeroWave, Yellow vintage Distressed iron Chair before, you can rest the bench is enabled 4! Similar Rustoleum product with success on the frame as you work around the needed! 2 seater lattice pattern glider $ 550.00 aluminum webbed Chair glider 14 on sale the Northwinds farm... To center for metal Chair, with its cutie-pie curls and its hairpin legs, and have a matching.... They are firmly grounded vintage and antique patio furniture online at Target metal outdoor glider Northlight. Of 2 hangers for only $ 5.00 cherry red and white cosco rusting! Basically suspend the bench on the same property once again, first time ever doing so.