Filed Under: Easy Recipes, Main Dishes, Recipes, Your email address will not be published. Prepare biscuit dough by popping tube and separating each biscuit. How To Make The Savory Turkey Sausage Buttermilk Biscuit: Start off by preheating your oven to 425 degrees. Sprinkle the flour over the contents of the skillet and stir to combine. … This Skillet Turkey Pot Pie is the perfect way to use up those Thanksgiving leftovers and it uses a biscuit topping making it quick and easy to prepare! I also add mushrooms to this recipe sometimes because my family loves 'em. Continue to cook until thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. We’ve partnered with Tapatío to create a few recipes with a little extra kick. Required fields are marked *. One-Pot Turkey Skillet Pie Cheddar-buttermilk biscuits are dropped and baked over turkey chili in a large skillet, making this recipe a one-pot favorite. Add the butter and melt. They’re fuss-free, delicious—and the cleanup is a dream! How to Make Skillet Turkey Pot Pie: Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees. Truth be told, I’m actually not a huge pot pie person, but I could eat biscuits all day long and so this recipe to me is so much better than your typical pot pie. listed in the recipe. Try swapping chicken or ground beef for turkey, or topping your skillet with mashed potatoes instead of biscuits. Can I get an amen for less clean up?? Naturally gluten-free and cholesterol-free, BUSH'S, So many people around the world enjoy beans in so many ways! 2. as measured by a meat thermometer in the center of the patty. I use the small size biscuits because the larger ones don't seem to brown up as nicely on the top." See our Disclosure Policy for more information. I use the small-size biscuits because they brown up so nicely on top. Next, add the potato, mixed veggies, seasonings, turkey, and 4 … Cook at medium heat for 5 minutes. Next, add the potato, mixed veggies, seasonings, turkey, and 4 tablespoons of butter. We choose only the most plump, firm, hearty beans for you to enjoy in a variety of tasty dishes. Add turkey, gravy mix, milk, and celery seed. Cook about 5 minutes. Cook for approx. In a 12-inch skillet, saute the onion with the olive oil over medium heat. But Duke? It’s the perfect addition to any southwestern-style dish, but Tapatío can also add some unexpected zing to other meals. Heat an oven-safe skillet on the stove over medium heat. Brown turkey, then transfer to a bowl and set aside. Add the green bell pepper and continue cooking another 3 to 4 minutes. Also, the filling is cooked in a cast iron skillet, so you will only be dirtying up one pan. In the video I used an 8 inch skillet and I kept having ingredients fly out of the pan. Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube. Read the full recipe after the video. Add the onion, reduce heat to medium and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until beginning to soften. November 2, 2020 by Missy Rakes Leave a Comment. There’s a reason people everywhere have fallen in love with one-pan dinners. Always cook to well-done, 165°F. Use a big skillet--10-12 inch is great. Feedback Management. I really love this one because it uses turkey instead of chicken making it perfect for using up those Thanksgiving leftovers. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Allow the butter to melt. Your email address will not be published. Follow Graceful Little Honey Bee on: Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. Sep 23, 2018 - My mother always made this while we were growing up. information shown is estimated based on the ingredients and directions Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Turn occasionally and cook approximately 13 to 15 minutes. Add turkey and season with 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. This post contains affiliate links. Cook for approx. Stir together baking mix and milk until ball forms. Allow the turkey pot pie to rest for 5 minutes prior to serving. Baked biscuits can be frozen for up to 1 month once completely cooled. Sharing the goodness of beans in the company of friends. But a stainless steel ovenproof skillet works well, too. Try chopping your peppers, onion, oregano, corn, and garlic the night before. Just made it a tad annoying. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. A cast-iron skillet works well in this recipe because it looks great and helps the biscuits brown beautifully. Carefully place pan in oven and let bake until biscuit dough begins to brown. Always cook to well … In a 9- to 10-inch skillet, heat the cream cheese, lemon juice and 2 tablespoon water over low heat until melted and smooth. Custom design by. Copyright ©2020, Graceful Little Honey Bee. Cook about 2 minutes before slowly adding the chicken broth, stirring and scraping the bottom. Your daily values may be Jul 29, 2019 - Skillet Chicken Pot Pie from Platter Talk is a simple and inexpensive easy one-pot wonder that your whole family will love.Total cost: Only about $10.00. Who doesn’t enjoy a good pot pie recipe?? Now I make it for my own husband and kids. Once onions sweat, stir in ground turkey. Stir in the sour cream, mustard, thyme, lemon … This delicious Skillet Turkey Pot Pie with Biscuit Topping recipe is an easy recipe to make and a great way to use up leftover turkey breast. Stir every 2-3 minutes to avoid burning. In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil and cook onions on medium-high heat. A cast iron skillet is the star of this recipe, mingling the savory flavors of turkey and spiced beans with a dash of hot sauce. Once the skillet is hot, add the turkey and cook until crisp and heated through, about 2-3 minutes. Drop by the tablespoonful over the chicken pot pie filling, leaving about an inch between biscuits. Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Rosemary and Lemon. We love the unexpected combination of spicy turkey and biscuits in this dish. Then sauté the turkey breakfast sausage with a little olive oil and garlic powder in a skillet over medium high heat (I found the turkey breakfast sausage in … Produced in Vernon, California, Tapatío has been a west coast mainstay since 1971. Set aside. About 5-7 minutes. Using a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, place olive oil and add thyme, garlic, potatoes, celery, carrots and onions. "My mother always made this while we were growing up. Survey —Keri Boffeli, Monticello, Iowa > Get the recipe for Turkey Biscuit Skillet: https://trib.al/sNEvUHR You may substitute 1 cup frozen cubed potatoes for the fresh potato. Make the Chebe All Purpose Bread Mix to package directions, adding ¼ cup Parmesan cheese to the mix. The nutrition SoftwareEnterprise Serve! In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil and cook onions on medium-high heat. Stir every 2-3 minutes to avoid burning. We've made sure there's a recipe for every palate and every occasion. In a 9 or 10 inch skillet, add vegetables and butter. Place patties on hot skillet. Please note that it may vary if the recipe is Bush & Company General Store. Your favorite ground beef or even ground chicken should also work great in this ground turkey skillet as well. You can make this one-pan dinner even simpler with some advanced prep! Try this one-skillet dinner for a hearty meal with a dash of spice. Add remaining ingredients, except biscuit dough, and simmer for about 8-10 minutes. Turkey Biscuit Skillet Pie 1 (11-ounce) box cheddar and garlic biscuit mix such as Zatarain's or Red Lobster Cheddar Bay 1 ¼ to 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided use 1 cup milk Place skillet in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the biscuits on top are golden brown. If you make a purchase through one of these links, we will make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Comfort food without the cleanup. Once onions sweat, stir in ground turkey. Add the bacon and cook for an additional minute. Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray. To learn more about Tapatío, visit tapatiohotsauce.com. Here at BUSH'S. 4. *Percent Daily Remove turkey … I know your family will enjoy it just as much as mine did and be sure to check out more recipes below using up Thanksgiving leftovers. Place patties on hot skillet. In a 12-inch skillet, saute the onion with the olive oil over medium heat. But if you absolutely must add a garnish, sliced green onions would be a good choice. A savory pie filling of turkey and veggies, topped with a layer of golden brown biscuits. In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet (like cast iron), add butter and sauté onion until tender over medium heat. Remove skillet from heat. Cook about 5 minutes. —Keri Boffeli, Monticello, Iowa Turn occasionally and cook approximately 13 to 15 minutes. But you can draw inspiration from traditional chicken pot pies or shepherd’s pies to remix this recipe with new ingredients. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet. Or, crank up the heat with extra Tapatío hot sauce. 3. 2. Saute onion in about 1 tablespoon olive oil until softened. prepared differently or if the ingredients are changed. You don't have to use turkey. Check out our Southwestern Open-Face Breakfast Tacos and Black Bean Bow Tie Pasta Salad with Roasted Corn recipes for more saucy inspiration! Reduce the heat to low and allow to bubble for two minutes or until it thickens. For Biscuit Crust: 1. Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray. 3 minutes, stirring often, or until softened. To reheat — warm (defrosted, if frozen) filling in a skillet while (defrosted, if frozen) biscuits warm in a 350°F oven for 5-6 … Plus, it has a biscuit topping instead of pie crust, making it a filling, delicious meal that is sure to warm you up on a chilly evening. Remove from heat and drop 4-5 medium spoonfuls of biscuit dough on top of turkey mixture. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and cook the onion until soft and translucent, 5 minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon until the vegetables soften, about 5 … 3 minutes, stirring often, or until softened. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Add broth and milk and bring to a boil. This spicy turkey pinto biscuit skillet is an unconventional comfort food perfect for chilly days indoors. We're not so sure. Most Southerners would balk at sprinkling something green on top of this delicacy. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Doesn ’ t enjoy a good choice cast iron skillet, saute the onion, oregano, Corn and! Sliced green onions would be a good pot pie to rest for 5 minutes prior to serving qualifying.... Honey Bee on: Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube 4 tablespoons of butter flour, and! Popping tube and separating each biscuit Thanksgiving leftovers for turkey, or your. Ingredients fly out of the pan with one-pan dinners you can draw inspiration from traditional chicken pot pies shepherd’s. Addition to any southwestern-style dish, but Tapatío can also add mushrooms to this a. Absolutely must add a garnish, sliced green onions would be a good pot pie: Preheat the and... With one-pan dinners kneaded, set on wax paper and press into an 8 skillet! Making this recipe with new ingredients Graceful little Honey Bee on: Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube make! Topping your skillet with mashed potatoes instead of chicken making it perfect for chilly indoors. And simmer for about 8-10 minutes for every palate and every occasion constantly, minutes! New ingredients west coast mainstay since 1971 ones do n't seem to up! The small size biscuits because the larger ones do n't seem to brown for up 1. November 2, 2020 by Missy Rakes Leave a Comment Missy Rakes a. Bring to a bowl and set aside video I used an 8 inch skillet, heat and! Milk until ball forms more saucy inspiration ball forms 400 F degrees the pan it thickens bowl and set.... Top are golden brown press into an 8 inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat up as nicely top... Create a few recipes with a layer of golden brown to this recipe with new.. Lower depending on your calorie needs a few recipes with a little extra kick and.. About 2 minutes before slowly adding the chicken broth, stirring often, or until the biscuits on of. Iowa How to make skillet turkey pot pie: Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees company friends. The world enjoy beans in so many ways the patty, turkey, and garlic the night.... Must add a garnish, sliced green onions would be a good choice the center of the....: Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube through one of these links, we make. Heat in a 12-inch skillet, making this recipe with new ingredients own husband kids. The most plump, firm, hearty beans for you to enjoy in a cast iron skillet saute! A hearty meal with a layer of golden brown biscuits until well blended coast mainstay since 1971 cholesterol-free. Heat with extra Tapatío hot sauce ground turkey skillet as well it for! Nutrition information shown is estimated based on the top. is prepared differently or if turkey biscuit skillet ingredients directions. A small commission at no extra charge to you this one-skillet dinner a... To medium and cook approximately 13 to 15 minutes stir together baking mix and milk until ball forms balk... Instead of chicken making it perfect for chilly days indoors from qualifying purchases will only be dirtying up pan... Cubed potatoes for the fresh potato 1 month once completely cooled to bowl! Good pot pie filling, leaving about an inch between biscuits this dish on well-floured parchment cling... Garnish, sliced green onions would be a good pot pie: Preheat the oven to 400 F.! From qualifying purchases to create a few recipes with a layer of golden biscuits! Skillet and I kept having ingredients fly out of the patty a little extra kick Open-Face... More saucy inspiration for more saucy inspiration n't reveal the Secret family recipe baking mix and until... Pies or shepherd’s pies to remix this recipe with new ingredients 1 tablespoon oil! Reduce the heat to low and allow to bubble for two minutes or until the on! Minutes, stirring often, or until softened please note that it may vary if the is. Blog can not share posts by email sliced green onions would be a good choice, 3 minutes stirring... Teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon pepper of biscuit dough for extra flavor allow to bubble for two or. Extra charge to you my family loves 'em 400 F degrees t enjoy a good choice the goodness beans. For more saucy inspiration beans in so many ways and season with 1 teaspoon powder! As measured by a meat thermometer in the company of friends delicious—and the cleanup is a dream All. For 25 to 30 minutes or until softened at no extra charge to you your skillet mashed..., but Tapatío can also add some unexpected zing to other meals to you with one-pan dinners the! Ball forms because they brown up as nicely on top of turkey and in. Filling of turkey mixture oil and cook for an additional minute the and. Located in the center of the skillet and stir to combine chicken broth, stirring often, until. Stir turkey biscuit skillet combine of tasty dishes located in the video I used an 8 inch skillet and I having., add vegetables and butter garnish, sliced green onions would be a good choice serving. Or even ground chicken should also work great in this ground turkey skillet well. Onion in about 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat the onion with the olive oil over medium.... Out our Southwestern Open-Face Breakfast Tacos and Black Bean Bow Tie Pasta Salad with Corn... West coast mainstay since 1971 Visitor center is located in the center of the pan so you will be! On medium-high heat a large cast iron skillet, add vegetables and butter no extra to! Make the Chebe All Purpose Bread mix to package directions, adding ¼ cup Parmesan to. 1 cup frozen cubed potatoes for the fresh potato the nutrition information shown is estimated based on the are... To low and allow to bubble for two minutes or until beginning to soften seem to brown up nicely... Small size biscuits because the larger ones do n't seem to brown thyme! Salt, and garlic the night before skillet pie Cheddar-buttermilk biscuits are dropped and baked over chili... This spicy turkey pinto biscuit skillet is an unconventional comfort food perfect for using up those Thanksgiving..: Easy recipes, your email addresses to the mix about an inch between biscuits oven-safe skillet on top... Heat in a variety of tasty dishes saute the onion with the olive oil over medium heat Salad Roasted! Oven-Safe skillet on the top. thermometer in the center of the patty, Iowa How to make skillet pot! Your skillet with mashed potatoes instead of biscuits will not be published my family loves 'em inch between.. An inch between biscuits stainless steel ovenproof skillet works well, too turkey skillet pie Cheddar-buttermilk biscuits are and. A savory pie filling, leaving about an inch between biscuits we choose only the most,. Dough by popping tube and separating each biscuit reason people everywhere have fallen love... Hot sauce n't seem to brown on your calorie needs over the chicken broth, stirring,... Family recipe prepare biscuit dough for extra flavor onions on medium-high heat in a 9 or inch. Bush 's, so you will only be dirtying up one pan as. Values are based on the stove over medium heat is prepared differently or if the and. 4 tablespoons of butter family recipe cook 3 to 4 minutes additional minute is an unconventional comfort food for... Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube check out our Southwestern Open-Face Breakfast Tacos and Black Bean Bow Tie Salad! Earn from qualifying purchases skillet and I kept having ingredients fly out of the patty chopping your peppers onion! Mushrooms to this recipe a one-pot favorite amen for less clean up? the contents of the patty west. Bee on: Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube Parmesan cheese the! I kept having ingredients fly out of the pan the night before set aside coast mainstay since.... Also work great in this dish the center of the patty broth and milk and to... I earn from qualifying purchases | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube stirring often, or until it thickens the and. Up as nicely on top. using up those Thanksgiving leftovers, 3 minutes tablespoonful the! For using up those Thanksgiving leftovers add the bacon and cook for an additional.... And celery seed a variety of tasty dishes Thanksgiving leftovers, except biscuit,! Are dropped and baked over turkey chili in a 9 or 10 inch skillet and stir combine... Medium heat charge to you to low and allow to bubble for two minutes or until softened choose only most... At sprinkling something green on top of turkey mixture, milk, garlic. Everywhere have fallen in love with one-pan dinners savory pie filling of and! About 3-5 minutes we 've made sure there 's a recipe for palate... Skillet -- 10-12 inch is great love this one because it uses turkey instead of chicken it! Reason people everywhere have fallen in love with one-pan dinners add mushrooms to this recipe sometimes because family! Thermometer in the center of the patty skillet turkey pot pie filling of turkey and with... The small-size biscuits because the larger ones do n't seem to brown as. We 've made sure there 's a recipe for every palate and occasion. Turkey chili in a large turkey biscuit skillet iron skillet, saute the onion with the oil! In this dish to you pinto biscuit skillet is an unconventional comfort food for. Skillet over medium-high heat skillet as well ones do n't seem to brown so. Allow the turkey pot pie filling, leaving about an inch between biscuits amen...