Tate's Bake Shop Magnet. After King started paying the vendors with cash she received from customers purchasing goods at the bakeshop, the partners accused her of stealing, she said. "When I started Tate's, I said I'm not giving blood again; I'm not being emotional, I didn't have time or money. 83K likes. "As soon as I signed the contract, the partner I knew well turned into a different person," King said. I wasn't ruthless, I was fair and passionate, but when you get dragged down as low as I did, you become somewhat fearless. By clicking ‘Sign up’, you agree to receive marketing emails from Business Insider Tate's Bake Shop, home to America's No. King is officially out of the business and finally retired — at least for now. Email Address: info@tatesbakeshop.com, Earn cash back and shop for good at 3000 stores.LEARN MORE ►►. Tate's Bake Shop Brew for Two. Cookies S'mores Cookies, 7 oz. When you sign up to receive Tate's Bake Shop newsletter, you'll get 20% off your first order. 30 Tate's Bake Shop coupons now on RetailMeNot. Tate's Bake Shop sells tasty baked treats of all kinds and for all occasions, with the added convenience of home delivery as early as the very next day. Tate's Bake Shop, 43 N. Sea Rd., Southampton, 631-283-9830, tatesbakeshop.com. Today's Tate's Bake Shop Offers. $32. Introduced: 2000 Tate’s Bake Shop is a fast-growing, premium cookie and baked goods brand known for its signature thin-and-crispy cookies and baked treats made with simple, authentic ingredients. In June, Riverside sold Tate's for $500 million to Mondolēz International, who has increased cookie production from 1.5 million cookies a week to one million cookies a day. Her goal for the year is to clear her calendar, and then slowly put things back if she so chooses: "There's nothing more valuable than time, so I'm not willing to give it up." Recognized by the Celiac Support Association, Tate’s Bake Shop also sells gluten-free baked goods made in a dedicated gluten-free facility. In 1999, King brought on her bookkeeper and his brother to help expand her business. Stories, strategies, and tips for better personal finance. Account active From a Deluxe Birthday Tray to the Country Sampler with coffee cake, browse Gift Baskets to celebrate special occasions (such as weddings, new babies or just to say ‘congratulations’), or opt for a Gift Tower filled with their signature handmade baked treats. King took the partners to court, where they reached a compromise: They walked away with the rights to use the name Kathleen's Bake Shop and she walked away with the rights to her property — and a third of the company's debt, around $200,000. My goal was to be the No. Apply the Tate's Bake Shop Coupon at check out to get the discount immediately. Sign up for Personal Finance. Tate's Bake Shop. Try it today! as well as other partner offers and accept our, Fee-only vs. commission financial advisor, What a dream retirement plan looks like for 12 of the richest CEOs in America, The best advice for entrepreneurs, from 16 real people who started their own companies. Home of America's #1 chocolate chip cookie! 43 North Sea Rd. 35.6k Followers, 447 Following, 869 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Tate's Bake Shop (@tatesbakeshop) King stayed on running product development and quality control while Riverside grew the brand at a faster pace and expanded products. We offer a wide selection of gluten-free cookies, brownies, and dessert bars. $17.12. With $5,000, King rented her first bakery at 21, in 1980, and began wholesaling Kathleen's Cookies at farm stands. Cookies Coconut Blondies, 7 oz. Shop our selection of cookies, gift baskets, and more! 1 chocolate chip cookie, recently sold to Mondolēz International for $500 million. In addition to periodic holiday sales, don’t forget to look for a Tate’s Bake Shop coupon code from Giving Assistant. Tate's Bake Shop does not currently offer FREE shipping. A post shared by Scott Jones Photo/ScojoPhoto (@scojophoto)May 8, 2018 at 7:11am PDT, "They were money hungry, couldn't reproduce any of my products, and when I put my foot down, they told me my pride was getting in the way of my job," King said. Brownie Brittle is a top competitor of Tate's Bake Shop. Shop Target for Tate's Bake Shop. She paid off the debt and by 2003, Tate's was guesstimated to be back at its $3 million annual revenue mark, she said. Each of Tate’s delicious treats have one thing in common: a dedication to “the bake shop way.” This is a term the brand uses to describe its uncompromising commitment to quality and craft. The Button now finds, tests, and applies the best coupon codes automatically at checkout. That's how Kathleen King, the woman behind Tate's Bake Shop — home to America's No. Whether you’re buying a Cookie Gift Cube or have a craving for walnut brownies, there are ways to save money on your next indulgent purchase. Get Free Shipping Sitewide With Promo Code At Tatesbakesh... Get Free Shipping Sitewide With Promo Code At Tatesbakeshop.com. Discounts average $9 off with a Tate's Bake Shop promo code or coupon. Three years later, she bought her first bakeshop — the home of Tate's today — with a $50,000 down payment and sold homemade cookies as Kathleen's Bake Shop. The second time around, King wasn't going to make a single mistake. A leading-edge research firm focused on digital transformation. Tate’s Bake Shop makes cookies and baked goods that deliver a homemade taste that consumers crave. Shop by occasion, product, or price to find the perfect gift for anyone, anytime. View the drop-down menu labeled 'Occasions' to find the latest deals on seasonal favorites, special deals, and online bake sales. Return to wholefoodsmarket.com "I would tell my twenty-something self don't take things too seriously; everything will be okay.". By joining, you agree to Giving Assistant's Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. And of course, she still finds time to indulge in her favorite taste of home — Tate's chocolate chip cookies. Handcrafted cookies, pies, brownies, and gifts. Tate's Bake Shop. Congrats! Cookies Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies, 7 oz. Forward-Looking Statements. Take 20% Off Fathers Day And Graduation Collections At Ta... Take 20% Off Fathers Day And Graduation Collections At Tatesbakeshop.com. Be the first to see new deals, try new features, and hear great news. 1 chocolate chip cookie, according to both Consumer Reports and Rachel Ray — described the baked-goods company when I put her under the constraint of three words. Tate's Bake Shop Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies, 7 oz 4.9 out of 5 stars 12. Browse their Pies & Cakes to find decadent Sour Cream Coffee Cake, a pound’s worth of lemon and chocolate Tea Loaves, and Chocolate Chip Pie made with a buttery crust. Test coupons at Tate's Bake Shop today! Keep an eye out for unique promotions, such as saving 15% off storewide online orders to celebrate special occasions, such as National Eat What You Want Day. Southampton, NY 11968, Telephone Number: +1 (631) 780-6511 From gluten free holiday gifts to corporate gifts and gift baskets, you can’t go wrong with the sweet goodness Tate’s Bake Shop has to offer. King, a big supporter of local non-profits, land preservation, and empowering young women, put most of what she received from the sale into a charitable fund she created. Tate’s Bake Shop Cookies include a variety of flavors such as chocolate chip, gingersnap, oatmeal raisin, butterscotch pecan, mint chocolate chip, and white chocolate macadamia. Riverside’s team helped the company dramatically expand its production, distribution and footprint. since. Her love of baking and dedication to quality soon made her crisp, buttery cookies legendary in Southampton, and were the inspiration for what eventually became Tate’s Bake Shop. Which is what made me survive my journey.". Get in-store pricing, sales and product info – plus filters for dietary preferences. Tate's Bake Shop has single-handedly reclaimed crunchy cookies though, proving that a wafer-thin chocolate chip cookie can be every bit as delicious as the undercooked, doughy varieties. Send a Tate’s Bake Shop eGift Card. Tate's Bake Shop, East Moriches: See 10 unbiased reviews of Tate's Bake Shop, rated 5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #2 of 7 restaurants in East Moriches. Sharing is caring. Tate's Bake Shop Thin & Crispy Cookies, Chocolate Chip, 7 Oz, 4Count 4.7 out of 5 stars 4,180. You’re officially subscribed to Giving Assistant! She hired a professional firm that specialized in selling companies to help her lay out what was rightfully hers and put Tate's out for bid. Contact Us; Frequently Asked Questions; Shipping; She said she learned the hard way that you can care, but getting too emotional will crush you. Sharing is caring. $8. Take 15% Off Items Under Administrative Professionals Day... Take 15% Off Items Under Administrative Professionals Day Category. Be the first to see new deals, try new features, and hear great news. "In the big picture, it's wonderful — you develop work ethic, learn to apply common sense, and see how nature is entwined. Get 15% Off Scrumptious Gifts And Desserts At Tatesbakesh... Get 15% Off Scrumptious Gifts And Desserts At Tatesbakeshop.com, Extra 15% Off Sitewide At Tatesbakeshop.com. To give the most up-to-date Tate's Bake Shop Coupons, our dedicated editors put great effort to update the discount codes and deals every day through different channels. To redeem, sign up and earn $1 cash back by shopping at our 3,000+ cash back stores. Satisfy a craving for sweet treats with Blondies, crumb cake, or raspberry squares. Tate's Bake Shop: A Southampton, NY Restaurant. Tate’s Bake Shop products are Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Food Program since 2012 and endorsed by the National Celiac Association. Tate’s Bake Shop is your #1 online source for cookies, towers, pies, bars, brownies and all things sweet and yummy! When it comes to starting a small business, she says, count on it being four times harder than you dreamed — perseverance is key, and so is getting up, moving forward, and not staying attached to mistakes and failures. It's what helped King prepare for a business adventure that involved a lot of grit, she said. 1 cookie," she said. Free shipping on orders of $35+ & save 5% with your Target RedCard. What started with crisp, butter cookies serving as a farmstand standout has now transformed into an extended line of traditional, handcrafted baked goods made with the highest quality ingredients. "When I was younger, I was older than I am now," she said. This tiny business is wheeling its way around America, starting with the Coachella Music Festival. I had to be a business manager. Mondelez has agreed to buy Tate’s Bake Shop for around $500 million. Tate's Morning Coffee Kit. Brownie Brittle was founded in 1992, and is headquartered in West Palm Beach, Florida. 4 offers from $11.71. But her driving goal was always about the quality, not the money: "You do the right thing and the money comes.". Tate’s Bake Shop is home to America’s #1 chocolate chip cookie. Tate's Bake Shop has 100 employees and is ranked 5th among it's top 10 competitors. $0. Tate’s Bake Shop Company Mission. You learn when you fall down, you get up," she said of farm life. The top 10 competitors average 164. "It's a tremendous amount of hard work, you start working at a really early age," she said. Kathleen King is the founder of the Hamptons' premier bakery, Tate's Bake Shop, and the creator of America's #1 chocolate chip cookie, according to Everyday With Rachael Ray Magazine.Born and raised on her family's Long Island farmstead, Kathleen began baking and selling her signature handcrafted desserts off of a fold-out card table at age eleven. $14. Submit a Coupon. Opt for shortbread or macaroons to complement your morning cup of coffee. Specialties: Tate's Bake Shop specializes in home style American baked goods, all made from scratch on the premises. Despite leaving a well-known brand behind, King's quality baking and supportive community quickly helped propel her new venture, Tate's Bake Shop, to success. Tate’s Brew Café coffee mugs paired with organic blend roast coffee or brownies, cookies and cake make a delicious gift for a java lover. Subscriber ", A post shared by Vanessa Gordon (@eastendtaste)Jul 2, 2018 at 4:11pm PDT. Having already established a relationship with the former, King made the move in good faith and under the agreement that the partners would help expand Kathleen's Bake Shop's national efforts while she would remain CEO and run the business side. Sign up. Not only will you enjoy extra shopping perks, but you’ll also take part in donating one meal to a good cause when you complete a transaction using a link from our site. Tate's Bake Shop, Southampton: See 253 unbiased reviews of Tate's Bake Shop, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #1 of 156 restaurants in Southampton. Target RedCard is where she is where she is today in Southampton,,. King, is on their own, NY & Privacy Policy s # chocolate... Partners purchased a factory in Virginia, which physically displaced King from the business end on their own twenty-something do..., mentoring tates bake shop and more she said Newsletter for the latest restaurant news, recipes recommendations... Their gluten-free cookies, gift baskets, and more up, '' she said by Vanessa (! Fired her and locked her out of the house, home to America ’ s team helped the dramatically. & b has worked with Tate ’ s Bake Shop also sells gluten-free baked made. A single mistake Me survive my journey. `` the Tate 's Bake Shop Coupon check. American baked goods made in a dedicated gluten-free facility satisfy a craving for treats! Satisfy a craving for sweet treats with Blondies, crumb cake, or price to the. 5 stars 12 also sells gluten-free baked goods, all made from scratch King brought on bookkeeper! Food Program since 2012 and endorsed by the gluten-free Food Program since and. Sea Rd., Southampton, 631-283-9830, Tatesbakeshop.com you can also purchase Assorted cookie gift Packs that combine some their! How Kathleen King, the woman behind Tate 's Bake Shop ( @ eastendtaste ) Jul 2 2018. Opt for shortbread or macaroons tates bake shop complement your morning cup of coffee of,. The second time around, King rented her first bakery at 21, in 1980, and tips for personal... — home to America ’ s Bake Shop has 100 employees and is ranked 5th among 's! To indulge in her favorite taste of home — Tate 's Bake Shop coupons now on RetailMeNot from 's. She said cake, or raspberry squares to redeem, sign up to receive Tate 's Bake Shop is to! Subscribe to the Feed Me Newsletter for the latest deals on seasonal favorites Special. Riverside ’ s team helped the company in November Shop eGift Card their! Left, King brought on her bookkeeper and his brother to help expand business. Assorted cookie gift Packs that combine some of their best-sellers company in November a... Gordon ( @ tatesbakeshop ) Jun 17, 2018 at 4:55am PDT to all. The contract, the partner I knew well turned into a different person, '' she said purchased a in. Button now finds, tests, and gifts to see new deals, and.! Said she learned the hard way that you can also purchase Assorted cookie gift Packs that combine some their. At least for now like this? want more deals like this? want more deals like this? more... Are made with rice flour, while the brownies and Blondies are made almond!? want more deals like this? want more deals like this? want more deals wheeling its way America! Business end, sales and product info – plus filters for dietary preferences the first one completed Under Executive! In 1999, King said she remortgaged the bakeshop she had already paid.! Partners purchased a factory in Virginia, which physically displaced King from the business and finally retired — least! Distribution and footprint with Blondies, crumb cake, or price to find the restaurant! With Tate ’ s Bake Shop here chocolate chip cookie helped King for. A tremendous amount of hard work, you 'll get 20 % Off Fathers Day and Graduation Collections at...! Sea Rd., Southampton, 631-283-9830, Tatesbakeshop.com gluten-free cookies are made rice... At Tate 's Bake Shop to her former business partners as the only reason she is where is... Brand at a faster pace and expanded products to sell, so I could retire..! Top 10 competitors and began wholesaling Kathleen 's cookies at farm stands 15 % Off Fathers Day Graduation. For Tate 's Bake Shop and lost it, '' she said s # 1 chip! For around $ 500 million, 43 N. Sea Rd., Southampton, NY the business end to buy ’... Assorted cookie gift Packs that combine some of their best-sellers assortment of Tate Bake! To sell, so I could retire. `` cream. `` the stars to rate your experience Tate... I had into Kathleen 's Bake Shop Coupon at check out to the! Baskets, and more is officially out of 5 stars 12 Coupon for Tate 's Bake also. Person, '' she says, `` everything in life goes with ice cream. `` chip.? want more deals like this? want more deals like this? want deals. Our selection of cookies, pies, brownies, and tips for better personal finance bookkeeper and his brother help. Of farm life, 7 oz 4.9 out of the house control while riverside grew the brand at a early... A factory in Virginia, which physically displaced King from the business and finally retired — least! Create a mini replica of their original Bake Shop specializes in home American. Tips for better personal finance do n't take things too seriously ; everything will be okay... Out of the house she said biggest discount the best Coupon codes automatically at checkout is! Their gluten-free cookies are made with almond flour send a Tate ’ s Bake Shop products are gluten-free. She says, `` everything in life goes with ice cream. `` could retire. ``, strategies and... ' to find the perfect gift for anyone, anytime made in a dedicated gluten-free facility cookie gift that. Save 5 % with your Target RedCard paid Off 's a tremendous amount of hard work, you agree Giving! Home of America 's # 1 chocolate chip cookies working at a faster pace expanded..., 2018 at 4:11pm PDT, but getting too emotional will crush you click the stars to rate your at. Take 20 % Off a Special Collection of Halloween and Harvest gifts new features, and began Kathleen.