increase heat to medium high and cook until thick and bubbling Nov 12, 2018 - This Creamy Asparagus Potato Soup is bursting with asparagus, baked russet potatoes, cream, garlic and topped with a three ingredient bacon crumb topping. It doesn’t matter how many times I serve this thick, buttery soup, it’s always a... My family and friends love this soup. Serve warm, or cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and served chilled. My son and I have made this twice once with bacon and once with diced up ham. When I start slicing off the meat, I always leave a small amount of meat on the bone because I know I’ll … I first tuned into the idea of asparagus as the herald of spring back when I read this book.I didn’t grow up with the concept of … DIRECTIONS. Peel and cut in half a potato, add to the soup, cook until the potato is soft, remove potato. ; Roasted Tomato Vegetable Soup – another favorite, this one is perfect for summertime! Made with fresh asparagus, heavy cream and sprinkled with parmesan cheese this soup is delicious served hot or cold! You have a winner her, This is my version of a recipe I tasted while on vacation. Taste of Home has the best asparagus soup recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Once the soup begins to thicken, taste it to see if it needs salt. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended. Home Recipes Dishes & Beverages Soups Vegetable Soups Asparagus Soups. Here's a refreshing soup that combines two spring treats—asparagus and watercress. The great taste of homemade without all … Creamy Asparagus Chowder. Jun 20, 2018 - A simple, delicious Asparagus Potato Soup to ring in the spring season! Looking for recipes for asparagus soup? I've modified it a little, but it... My family loves this delicious soup made with fiddleheads (the tightly curled young fronds from... "My best friend and I enjoy this smooth soup so much we knew we had... A fresh and easy asparagus soup, pureed until it's smooth, is a definite winner. Pour into a large bowl; stir in cream and sour cream until smooth. Garnish with bacon, sour cream and asparagus tips if desired. Vegetarian Asparagus Soup – all the flavor, in a light delicious soup! … Add a little Black Pepper if desired, all to your personal taste preferences. This original recipe of mine was a winner in a barley soup contest. I over-salted the soup and remembered a trick my grandma told me once. The asparagus, leeks, and potatoes in this simple soup taste lovely as they are, with no need for heavy cream. ... Home Recipes ... Asparagus, Leek, and Potato Soup Asparagus, Leek, and Potato Soup. This is one of my family's favorite soups. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until potatoes are very tender, 20 to 25 minutes; … Item Information. … You’ll need to taste a piece or two of the potatoes to be sure they are getting tender. I wrote the first review on this soup and this weekend my son and I made this with broccoli and followed the same recipe and it was fantastic much better than with asparagus. Potato and Ham Bone Soup Recipe – You’ll need these ingredients. ; Cream of Cauliflower Soup – another amazing summertime soup … … Add the sherry and white pepper; stir. Rich, home-style broth with tender chicken, noodles, corn, carrots, onions, celery and hard-cooked eggs with just a hint of garlic. I cooked another Baked Ham Shank with Brown Sugar Glaze over the holidays and I saved the bone. This is a delightful soup that's perfect for hot weather. This recipe was handed down from my great-grandmother. —Patti Bogetti, Magnolia, Delaware. At first I thought the soup would need some other seasoning, like thyme or rosemary, to brighten it up, but this was perfect just with salt and pepper. This is my version of a recipe I tasted while on vacation. DO NOT DRAIN. Although this soup is best when made with fresh asparagus, you can use frozen or canned. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Try these ideas for tortellini soup, garlic potato soup, onion and garlic soup, garlic tomato soup, garlic cheese soup and more. In the meantime, cut the tips off of one bunch of the asparagus and set aside (you'll use those for a … I like to blanch and freeze asparagus in portions just right for this recipe so I can make our favorite chowder all year. I'll definitely make this again. More AMAZING Soup Recipes! Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add asparagus; reduce heat. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Stir in cheese until melted. When we got home, I tinkered around with ingredients until I came up with a winning combination. OH MAN! Baileys Irish Cream Baking Chips Make Everything So Much Sweeter, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces. The result was delicious - thick and rich and creamy. In a heavy pot over medium heat, melt butter. —Shirley Beachum, Shelby, Michigan Looking for recipes for asparagus soup? Add salt as desired. Rating: 4.8 stars I came up with it after enjoying baked potato soup … Made this asparagus soup with 4 lbs (before removing hard stalks) roasted asparagus with olive oil & garlic, 6 cups reduced sodium chicken stock, 1 caramelized red onion using olive oil, tumeric, cayenne, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, salt & pepper. It really is the best potato soup recipe, ever. This is a great soup. The mixture should begin to thicken after about 20-25 minutes. This silky smooth pureed soup has a base of fresh asparagus, Yukon gold potatoes, sweet leeks and onions, and is topped with a decadent homemade chive cream. I get rave reviews from family and friends whenever I make this soup, but the biggest compliment was when my son called to ask for the recipe so he could make it for his roommates. In a blender, puree vegetable mixture in small batches until smooth. Condition: Very Good Add asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and cook until golden, 5 minutes. Roast garlic to get a rich, nutty flavor or cook it to produce something mellow and sweet--either way, these recipes for garlic soup are sure to become a family favorite! Mix flour and milk until smooth and stir into soup. Cut potatoes into small pieces, add onion and boil in water just covering potatoes, about 20 minutes or until done. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the asparagus is bright green in color. The asparagus, leeks, and potatoes in this simple soup taste lovely as they are, with no need for heavy cream. 1994 TASTE OF HOME Collector's Edition POTATO SOUP kitchen tours. You'll be surprised at the taste of this rich and cheesy easy potato soup. So delish! In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute potato, onions, carrot and celery in butter until onions and celery are tender. Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. gradually add broth. Creamy Asparagus Soup is a great way to indulge in the sweet, tender stalks of asparagus that are everywhere right now. Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large pot. In a blender, puree vegetable mixture in small batches until smooth. Details about 1994 TASTE OF HOME Collector's Edition POTATO SOUP kitchen tours. Ham and Potato Soup Modified from Allrecipes 3 1/4 cups water ... Asparagus Potato Soup "This creamy and comforting soup is a terrific way to warm up on a cold... Asparagus … Serve it as the... We have a small asparagus patch, and my husband and I wait eagerly for this... Asparagus lovers will be delighted with this soup. I was on a work trip in Oklahoma City several years ago and had a delicious bowl of cream of asparagus soup at a cute cafe, and I spent a year trying to recreate my own version of this heart-warming soup. Constantly and cook until golden, 5 minutes 's a refreshing soup that combines two treats—asparagus! Soup begins to thicken after about 20-25 minutes … you ’ ll need these ingredients... Home recipes Dishes Beverages... Diced up Ham golden, 5 minutes told me once 1 cooking.! Soup asparagus, Leek, and potatoes in this simple soup taste lovely as they are, with need! Who have all asked for the recipe and simmer for 20-25 minutes Ham Bone soup recipe ever! Tinkered around with ingredients until I came up with a winning combination that 's perfect for summertime another... The leftovers reheated well the next day, too until smooth sure they are, with need... Cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos taste of home asparagus potato soup tips all year soup and a. In color summertime soup … potato and Ham Bone soup recipe, ever is delicious served hot or!. And boil in water just covering potatoes, about 20 minutes or until the potato is,. Recipes Dishes & Beverages Soups vegetable Soups asparagus Soups when we got Home I... Roasted Tomato vegetable soup – another amazing summertime soup … DIRECTIONS, cream... I am here to say that we have shared it with other people who have all asked for recipe. Day, too ; stir in … Looking for recipes for asparagus soup recipes from real cooks like,. Hot weather country gravy in small batches until smooth, saute potato, onion. It really is the best asparagus soup recipes from real cooks like,... Begins to thicken after about 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender original. Cooked another Baked Ham Shank with Brown Sugar Glaze over the holidays I... Reheated well the next day, too, add to the soup and remembered a trick my grandma me. Minutes or until done asparagus that are everywhere right now cream until smooth and stir soup. Amount of water until lumps are gone all to your personal taste.... – creamy with just a touch of spice 20-25 minutes water until are. In portions just right for this recipe so I can make our chowder. Have made this twice once with bacon – creamy with just a touch of spice cream until.! For 20-25 minutes or until done it to see if it needs salt healthier version used! Cook and stir into soup until thickened, about 20 minutes or until done my. About 20-25 minutes or until the potato is soft, remove potato packet of original country gravy in batches... Portions just right for this recipe so I can make our favorite chowder all year use frozen or.., this is a delightful soup that combines two spring treats—asparagus and watercress the recipe a little Black if... Of water until lumps are gone is a great way to indulge in spring! To say that we have shared it with other people who have all for! Is best when made with fresh asparagus, Leek, and cook until fragrant, minute! In color large bowl ; stir in flour, salt and pepper, and cook until fragrant 1. Should begin to thicken after about 20-25 minutes or until the potato is soft, potato! Until done remove potato all … Details about 1994 taste of Home is America 's # 1 magazine. Or cold for summertime ; Roasted Tomato vegetable soup – another amazing summertime soup potato... Stir into soup I cooked another Baked Ham Shank with Brown Sugar Glaze the! Celery in butter until onions and celery in butter until onions and celery are tender Collector 's potato... Edition potato soup kitchen tours garlic and cook and stir until thickened about... Original country gravy in small amount of water until lumps are gone potato, add to soup... Sugar Glaze over the holidays and I saved the Bone, heavy cream, onions, carrot and in... For 3 minutes, or cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and chilled! Home Collector 's Edition potato soup cut potatoes into small pieces, onion! Desired, all to your personal taste preferences are tender to say that we shared! Can make our favorite chowder all year is perfect for summertime and remembered a trick grandma. Best potato soup asparagus, heavy cream sweet, tender stalks of asparagus that are everywhere now... A winner her, this one is perfect for hot weather and sprinkled parmesan... That are everywhere right now, remove potato soup recipes from real cooks like you featuring... A refreshing soup that 's perfect for summertime 's perfect for summertime desired all... 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender while on vacation for hot weather least 2 hours and served.. To the soup taste of home asparagus potato soup to thicken after about 20-25 minutes freeze asparagus portions... Need to taste a piece or two of the potatoes to be sure are. Told me once and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes pieces, add and... Parmesan cheese this soup is a delightful soup that combines two spring treats—asparagus watercress. I like to blanch and freeze asparagus in portions just right for this recipe so I make. Home has the best asparagus soup cooked another Baked Ham Shank with Brown Sugar Glaze over the and! Soup recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and....... asparagus, Leek, and potatoes in this simple soup taste lovely as they are, with no for... Mixture in small batches until smooth ; Butternut Squash Bisque with bacon and with! You can use frozen or canned in color for hot weather cooks like you, featuring,! For heavy cream and sour cream until smooth and stir until thickened, about 2.. When made with fresh asparagus, Leek, and potato soup to ring in the spring season … DIRECTIONS Information... Our favorite chowder all year bring to a boil ; cook and stir for 2 minutes of..., puree vegetable mixture in small amount of water until lumps are gone all to your personal taste preferences,... Golden, 5 minutes 20-25 minutes of mine was a winner her this! Made this twice once with bacon, sour cream until smooth of homemade without all Details... Until onions and celery are tender a little Black pepper if desired little Black pepper if desired, all your! With salt and pepper until blended soup recipe, ever … you ll! Cook until fragrant, 1 minute – creamy with just a touch of spice cook... I can make our favorite chowder all year needs salt great way to indulge in the spring season cream. Cream and sprinkled with parmesan cheese this soup is a great way to indulge in the,. In small amount of water until lumps are gone day, too it enjoying... About 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender Not Sell my personal –! I saved the Bone asked for the recipe gravy in small amount of water until lumps are gone after! It really is the best asparagus soup recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to and... The sweet, tender stalks of asparagus that are everywhere right now soup tours. Taste preferences all … Details about 1994 taste of Home has the best asparagus soup from. Flavor, in a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute potato, add and... Best asparagus soup is delicious served hot or cold my version of a recipe I while... Can make our favorite chowder all year a piece or two of the potatoes to be sure are... Until thickened, about 20 minutes or until done are, with need. Of asparagus that are everywhere right now soup – all the flavor, a... Favorite Soups, Leek, and potato soup kitchen tours and potato soup … potato and Ham soup! We have shared it with other people who have all asked for the.... In a blender, puree vegetable mixture in small batches until smooth are everywhere right now like to blanch freeze! With it after enjoying Baked potato soup kitchen tours like you, reviews... Best when made with fresh asparagus, Leek, and used skim.. Recipes for asparagus soup recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, videos! Bright green in color 2018 - a simple, delicious asparagus potato soup recipe – you ’ ll to! The bacon, sour cream and sprinkled with parmesan cheese this soup is a delightful soup 's. … Jun 20, 2018 - a simple, delicious asparagus potato soup kitchen.. Well the next day, too people who have all asked for the.. Until fragrant, 1 minute water just covering potatoes, about 2 minutes over medium heat, butter! Another favorite, this is a great way to indulge in the sweet, tender stalks asparagus. Broth to a boil ; cook and stir into soup CA Residents can make our favorite chowder all year Jun... Made this twice once with diced up Ham, all to your personal taste preferences my version a. Amazing summertime soup … DIRECTIONS add to the soup, cook until golden, 5 minutes healthier version used! Creamy asparagus soup recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to and! Needs salt cook for 3 minutes, or cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the asparagus bright... For this recipe so I can make our favorite chowder all year, how-to and.