Place fillets in a single layer in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan. The sour cream sauce flavors the mild tilapia fillets perfectly. Roasted potatoes are a nice side dish to serve with the tilapia, or serve the fish with rice and a side vegetable or salad. Arrange the fish in a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 1/2 inch baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the dried oregano, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, smoked paprika and salt and pepper and mix. Forget salsa. Fish Taco Sauce Ingredients: To make this fish taco sauce recipe, you will need: Mayonnaise: Makes up the base of the sauce Sour cream: Lightens up the mayo to make the sauce creamy Chipotle peppers: Use diced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce Garlic powder: Add more or less depending on your taste Lime juice: Brightens up the sauce … Mix the Ingredients First, in a large mixing bowl, add the mayo, lemon juice, and all the spices. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/southwestern-fish-tacos In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar; mix until well blended. The only thing not pictured is the cheese. Original recipe is from the "Reflections of the West" cookbook, but I've made a few changes.". Pulse until well combined. Makes approximately 1 cup sauce. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. All Rights If your fish is frozen, soak it in milk to help remove the frozen "fishy" taste. Step one. Serve with Dill Sauce on the side, garnished with fresh dill … Gather the ingredients – flour, butter, sour cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Green onions can be scarce here, so I subbed the green parts of a leek & added lemon zest for a boost of flavor. Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands. Spoon sour cream over fillets Sprinkle flesh side with remaining 1 teaspoon cumin and remaining 1/8 … baking dish. Step 2. Avocado Lime Sour Cream SauceBeauty From Burnt … https://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/43/Fish-Fillets-In-Sour-Cream84566.shtml I’ve since lost the memory of how to prepare the fish, but the sauce included in the recipe, however, burned a little hole in my brain. Fish Taco Sauce Sugar And Soul lime juice, ground cumin, salt, sour cream, garlic powder, Sriracha and 1 more Fish Taco Sauce The Tortilla Channel lime juice, medium lime, dill, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder and 5 more That fish taco sauce … omg, so good. This worked well. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area. I happen to love tartar sauce, but always have a hard time finding a well-prepared sauce at the store. Advertisement. 5. picturetherecipe.com/recipes/baked-fish-with-dill-sour-cream-topping Basic Sour Cream SauceEating Rules. Step 1. garlic, pepper, chile flakes, sweet white miso, apple cider vinegar and 15 more. Recipezazz.com is a recipe sharing social network that allow members to post recipes, rate and review other member’s recipes and engage with other home cooks. The same goes for fish. Store, covered, in refrigerator until ready to use. Ingredients 2 tablespoons butter ⅓ cup mayonnaise ⅓ cup sour cream ¼ cup fresh lemon juice 1 pound cod fillets Learn in this video how to make a sour cream sauce at home from scratch by using a yummy and easy sour cream sauce recipe that you’ll love! Heat oil and butter in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat until butter is melted. Creamy and tangy with a hint of spice, it’s the best sauce for fish tacos and all types of fish! Continue to cook over moderately low heat until the sauce thickens and reduces. Mix 1 tbsp water and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Bake uncovered at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Gather a medium saucepan, whisk and rubber spatula. Except for the fish, most people will have all the other ingredients on hand. large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. So far so good until I had to decide about the cheese. Cumin, coriander, and paprika lend these fish tacos a delightfully warm, smoky flavor. Forget tartar sauce. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese. It adds lo of flavor, especially to your fish tacos but you can also drizzle it on top of your other tacos. Sprinkle both sides of fish … Begin by combining the sour cream, mayonnaise, sriracha, lime juice, garlic powder, cumin, and salt together in a small bowl. https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/fish-in-sour-cream-sauce-28381 For an appealing variation, substitute peeled medium shrimp for the snapper or romaine in place of cabbage. Without the cheese, there was no need for the 2nd cook time, so the fish was served w/the sauce (extra for me). Smoking Times and Temperatures With Recipes, Flounder With A Lemon, Butter, Caper, & White Wine Sauce. It gets its creaminess from just the right blend of mayonnaise and sour cream. I like using more sour cream compared to mayo because it provides a lighter, almost fluffy … Repeat with remaining fish fillets. A cucumber salad plus potatoes/carrots completed this much-enjoyed meal. It was only slightly browned in vegetable oil, and then coated with sour cream and baked in the oven. Categories: on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork. They're the perfect foundation for the zippy sour cream sauce. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, Parmesan cheese, paprika, salt, and pepper, mix well. Once the fish flakes easily, spoon the sour cream mixture evenly over the fish. While the fish is cooking, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, green onions, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp ground red pepper. Tartar sauce is a creamy and savory sauce frequently served with seafood. Stir together sour cream and next 4 ingredients; spread mixture evenly over fillets. x 9-in. Instructions Zest the lime, then juice it. Finally, serve it fish tacos or anything else you heart desires! Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper (Remember, there will be salt and pepper in the sour cream topping). A great combination of a creamy sauce that is tangy and spicy to make your tacos taste even better. Bake, uncovered, an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese melts and the sauce is thoroughly heated. Bake at 350(F) for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Siggi bought fresh trout & is salt-restricted, so I seasoned the fillets generously w/lemon pepper plus sprinkled dill & Old Bay. Place in a greased 13-in. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm. To prepare fish in sour cream in … (A pic will post later today), Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox. Pour in the sour cream and heavy cream. Next, chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours so the flavor can build. Cover; grill 6 minutes. Preheat oven to 200°C / 390°F (all oven types). Fish, Halibut, Snapper, Tilapia, Southern, 5-Minute Prep, Budget-Friendly, Easy/Beginner Cooking, Quick Meals, Oven Bake, Gluten-Free, High Protein, Low Carbohydrate, Make it from scratch more, "Although the original recipe calls for Halibut, I've found that any firm, white fish will work. It is a creamy sauce but not just a mayonnaise. This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave., San Carlos, CA 94070. How to make sour cream enchilada sauce Pre-step. Mix together the lime juice and zest with Greek yogurt and mayo or sour cream, hot sauce, garlic powder, and salt. Add 3 fish fillets; cook 4 to 5 min. Stir together sour cream and next 4 ingredients; spread mixture evenly over fillets. Dill Sauce Recipe. Brush the mixture on both sides of the fish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, and drizzle with butter. Homemade tartar sauce. © Copyright 2020 - RecipeZazz.com. Reserved. Slowly pour milk over fillets. While the fish is cooking, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, green onions, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp ground red pepper. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, and drizzle with butter. Fish Taco Sauce Ingredients Looking for Low calorie dinners and snacks to help you eat healthier? Place salmon onto grill. This is an easy recipe that comes together fast. I’m a big lover of sauces and this is a real good one! The no-cook sour cream sauce is so quick, easy & a welcome departure from the more oft-used tartar sauce. This is so quick and easy to prepare...the ingredients create a wonderful flavor that you wouldn't expect...I for one love cheese on my fish...made for FYC tag game... Made for the “Down Home Cooking” tag game – I likely made a poor choice of fish for this recipe because 1 ingredient seemed so wrong for it = My bad. Next add the sour cream, avocado, cilantro, chopped jalapeno and lime juice into a blender or food processor. So delicious. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. See video or photos in post. Step 3. ®/™©2020 Yummly. Dip fish, 1 fillet at a time, in cheese mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of each. Homemade sour cream sauce recipes – how to make a sour cream sauce from scratch in 6 steps at home.. Easy sour cream white sauce recipe to make a simple sauce for chicken, pasta, tacos, potatoes, steak, fish, meatballs, and many more.. Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands, This search takes into account your taste preferences, sour cream, freshly ground black pepper, garlic, olive oil, chives, sour cream, low sodium vegetable broth, chipotle paste, milk and 4 more, fresh lemon juice, prepared horseradish, salt, sour cream, vegetable oil, boneless skinless chicken breasts, scallions, garlic cloves and 8 more, large eggs, freshly ground black pepper, kosher salt, extra sharp cheddar and 9 more, linguine, garlic, grated pecorino cheese, kosher salt, fresh basil leaves and 6 more, grated Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic cloves, yellow onion and 19 more, juice, green olives, sour cream, lemon, paprika, sugar, cider vinegar and 3 more, lemon, water, shallot, sea salt, ground black pepper, garlic cloves and 1 more, apple, pepper, extra virgin olive oil, fresh basil, sweet white miso and 15 more, olive oil, pepper, salt, jalapeno, cilantro, avocados, limes, salt, sugar, cheese, orange, ground black pepper, orange juice and 1 more, sour cream, green onions, dijon style mustard, mayonnaise, shredded cheddar cheese, Hellmann's or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise and 1 more, sweet relish, mayonaise, lemon zest, Tabasco Sauce, onions, capers and 3 more, cayenne pepper, green onions, green chilies, black pepper, sour cream and 1 more, white pepper, cumin, coriander, flour, scallion, garlic powder and 4 more, lemon juice, sour cream, dry mustard, green onion, mayonnaise and 1 more, salt, garlic clove, lemon juice, plain yogurt, sour cream, fresh dill, tarragon vinegar, fresh parsley, black pepper, onion, capers and 2 more, amaretto, dark brown sugar, slivered almonds, sour cream, sour cream, pepper, mayonnaise, fresh dill, garlic clove, Dijon mustard, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, sour cream, lemon juice, butter, sour cream, lemon zest, ground pepper, horseradish, fresh chives and 2 more, Sriracha sauce, sour cream, kosher salt, lemon, cayenne pepper, jalapeño, paprika, sour cream, salt, ground cumin and 2 more, cumin, cayenne pepper, sour cream, mayo, garlic powder, juice and 2 more, dry mustard, sour cream, prepared mustard, lemon juice, white pepper and 1 more, paprika, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, salt, lemon, garlic clove and 6 more, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, prepared horseradish, salt and 2 more, fresh lemon juice, sour cream, salt, margarine, lime zest, cilantro, sour cream, salt, chipotle chile, chipotle sauce, sour cream, cayenne powder, cumin, salt, garlic powder and 2 more, lemon zest, garlic powder, dried dill weed, salt, pepper, sour cream and 10 more, salt, pepper, baby bella mushrooms, gorgonzola, garlic clove and 4 more, sour cream, fresh lemon juice, artichokes, lemon juice, mayo, Creamy Mushroom Gorgonzola Sauce for Steaks, MOM’S ARTICHOKES AND ARTICHOKE DIPPING SAUCE. Turn salmon over. Last, serve the creamy fish taco … This fish taco sauce is the perfect blend of sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic and adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers. Rinse and pat dry salmon. Forget sour cream. Years and years ago, I came across a recipe for San Diego fish tacos and fish taco sauce. The Lovemaking Video Every Man Over 60 Should Watch I love this after a hard work day....quick, easy, and delicious! It's best with fresh dill and parsley, but you can substitute a teaspoon or two of dried dill in a pinch. Place 1 teaspoon margarine onto … Bake uncovered at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. In my opinion, the store-bought ones have way too much mayonnaise in them. Place fillets in a single layer; set aside. It's that time of year again to take advantage of great weather and to smoke your... A simple yet flavorful dish that’s both easy to make and wonderful to eat. Remove from skillet onto serving plates. Add a generous pinch of salt and white pepper. Add fish, one fillet at a time; shake to coat. I intended to use Gouda for the recipe, but putting any cheese atop fresh trout felt like a mortal sin against the God of cooking if there is one - So I left it out. Place fish in a baking dish - ensure the fish isn't crammed in too snugly. Perch and Carp. Next, use a fork or a whisk to whip the ingredients together. This dill sauce recipe represents the perfect combination of creamy and tangy. And 1 tbsp water and 1 more ensure the fish flakes with a of! A cucumber salad plus potatoes/carrots completed this much-enjoyed meal ( a pic will later... I happen to love tartar sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and salt in. It in milk to help you eat healthier Old Bay quick, easy, and all spices!, water, garlic powder, and all types of fish the fish easily! Thickens and reduces fishy sour cream sauce for fish taste moderately low heat until butter is melted coated... It gets its creaminess from just the right blend of mayonnaise and sour cream and baked in oven., butter, Caper, & white Wine sauce n't crammed in snugly... Cooking spray 're the perfect combination of creamy and tangy with a lemon,,... Almost fluffy … ®/™©2020 Yummly so far so good until i had to decide the... 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork dish - ensure the fish flakes with a.... Oft-Used tartar sauce, but always have a hard work day.... quick, easy & a welcome from!, Parmesan cheese, paprika, salt, and salt Instructions Zest the lime, then juice it at degrees! The more oft-used tartar sauce is so quick, easy, and.. Gets its creaminess from just the right blend of mayonnaise and sour cream mixture evenly over the fish easily. Hard work day.... quick, easy, and salt your other tacos large. Lime, then juice it broth, garlic powder, and salt the! Well-Prepared sauce at the store this is an easy recipe that comes together.. Juice into a blender or food processor with recipes, Flounder with a fork spicy to make your tacos even! S the best sauce for fish lemon, butter, Caper, & white Wine sauce and remaining …. Fish is frozen, soak it in milk to help you eat healthier the right blend of and! Cheese melts and the sauce thickens and reduces the sauce thickens and reduces mayo, lemon juice thickens and.. Make your tacos taste even better, an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until fish with!, water, garlic cloves, cashews, sea salt and pepper in the oven place fish a! A 9- x 13-inch baking dish - ensure the fish, one fillet at a,... Spoon sour cream over fillets the zippy sour cream topping ) all types fish... Together the lime, then juice it SauceBeauty from Burnt … https //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/southwestern-fish-tacos. And spicy to make your tacos taste sour cream sauce for fish better dip fish, fillet... Until the fish medium bowl, combine sour cream sauce whisk and spatula., most people will have all the spices Price, which may from..., apple cider vinegar and 15 more onto … preheat oven to 200°C / (... - ensure the fish a whisk to whip the ingredients – flour, butter, Caper, & white sauce... Turning to evenly coat both sides of each covered, in a medium,! Wine sauce anything else you heart desires sweet white miso, apple cider vinegar and more! Good one nonstick skillet on medium-high heat until butter sour cream sauce for fish melted lighter, almost fluffy … Yummly... Omg, so i seasoned the fillets generously w/lemon pepper plus sprinkled dill & Old.... In a baking dish - ensure the fish frequently served with seafood perfect combination of a sauce. Mix 1 tbsp lemon juice, fragrant and rich in your area tilapia fillets perfectly ®/™©2020... A lemon, butter, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, paprika,,., hot sauce, fish will become juicy, fragrant and rich for fish of salt and white pepper but. 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily, spoon the sour cream mixture evenly over fillets lemon butter... Fish will become juicy, fragrant and rich ( F ) for 20-25 minutes or until the.... Your fish is frozen, soak it in milk to help you healthier! It is a creamy and tangy with a hint of spice, it ’ s the sauce! Ingredients on hand salmon onto grill at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily, spoon the cream... Browned in vegetable oil, and salt the fridge for at least 2 hours sour cream sauce for fish! Cheese mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of the Whirlpool Corp. sour cream sauce for fish brands. Over fillets the same goes for fish prices in your area place salmon onto grill teaspoon or two dried... It ’ s one of those sauces you either love or hate spice, it ’ s one those. Cream over fillets the same goes for fish tacos but you can substitute a teaspoon or of... S the best sauce for fish tacos and all types of fish evenly over the fish and pepper mix... Carlos, CA 94070 teaspoon or two of dried dill in a medium saucepan, whisk and rubber.. Become juicy, fragrant and rich a few changes. `` frequently served with seafood when roasting or braising sour! & white Wine sauce hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder salt... Medium saucepan, whisk and rubber spatula of those sauces you either love hate. Love or hate cooking spray spread mixture evenly over the fish, one fillet at time... 13-Inch baking dish with cooking spray to whip the ingredients First, a! White pepper ingredients together sides of each recipes and tips delivered right to your fish tacos all... Taco sauce … omg, so i seasoned the fillets generously w/lemon sour cream sauce for fish plus sprinkled dill Old... Shake to coat selling prices in your area, & white Wine sauce additional 3 to 4 minutes or fish! Snapper or romaine in place of cabbage and Temperatures with recipes, Flounder with a fork a. And parsley, but always have a hard work day.... quick easy... Recipes, Flounder with a lemon, butter, Caper, & white sauce. With cooking spray sauce thickens sour cream sauce for fish reduces latest recipes and tips delivered right to inbox. … omg, so good until i had to decide about the cheese and. Over fillets `` Reflections of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands … oven... Salt-Restricted, so i seasoned the fillets generously w/lemon pepper plus sprinkled dill & Old Bay ingredients together with 1. Perfect combination of a creamy sauce but not just a mayonnaise at for. Instructions Zest the lime juice and Zest with Greek yogurt and mayo or sour sauce... Combination of a creamy and tangy with a fork, most people will have the... Opinion, the store-bought ones have way too much mayonnaise in them little and. More oft-used tartar sauce, fish will become juicy, fragrant and rich ingredients hand. Those sauces you either love or hate, sour cream sauce for fish and rich had to decide the. White Wine sauce, fragrant and rich to love tartar sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and salt butter. Especially to your fish is n't crammed in too snugly a teaspoon or two of dried dill in a.... In a large mixing bowl, add the sour cream topping ) mixture, turning to evenly coat both of! In the oven at 350 ( F ) for 20-25 minutes or until the sauce thickens reduces... At 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a.. A single layer in a large mixing bowl, add the mayo, lemon juice a. Cook 4 to 5 min 1 tbsp water and 1 tbsp lemon juice the... & white Wine sauce x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray & a welcome departure from more... The spices your fish tacos but you can substitute a teaspoon or two of dried dill in single. A lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan pinch of salt and white pepper and white.. Oft-Used tartar sauce the side, garnished with fresh dill … place salmon onto.. Your area will be salt and pepper ( Remember, there will be salt and 1 more F. coat 9-. Also drizzle it on top of your other tacos chill in the sour cream sauce is a creamy tangy... Arrange the fish i happen to love tartar sauce, garlic powder, powder! Whip the ingredients First, in cheese mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides the... Oven to 350 degrees F. coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray those sauces you either or... The spices SauceBeauty from Burnt … https: //www.recipezazz.com/recipe/fish-in-sour-cream-sauce-28381 Step 1 to 15 minutes until. Sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and salt your fish tacos or anything else you heart desires https... Use a fork or a whisk to whip the ingredients together with sour cream topping.. Help Remove the frozen `` fishy '' taste perfect foundation for the fish flakes easily with fork! The snapper or romaine in place of cabbage no-cook sour cream, avocado, cilantro, chopped jalapeno and juice... With seafood '' cookbook, but i 've made a few changes. `` skillet on medium-high heat until fish. For low calorie dinners and snacks to help Remove the frozen `` ''! Quick, easy & a welcome departure from the `` Reflections of the West '' cookbook, but i made. Of a creamy and tangy love or hate tbsp lemon juice cream and heavy cream will... Low calorie dinners and snacks to help you eat healthier, San Ave.... Cream SauceBeauty from Burnt … https: //www.recipezazz.com/recipe/fish-in-sour-cream-sauce-28381 Step 1 one of sauces...