Welcome to the hair loss club! I experienced the same and exactly the reason I wrote it up! Here is an image of my entire flow that shows how to send multiple attachments in approvals in a flow from a SharePoint list (click to expand). I will demonstrate both methods in one flow, using a SharePoint list as an example: First, create the trigger action and initialize two array variables. Fortunately, you can use Power Automate approvals to do this task. Here I created a simple list called “Expense Approvals” where a user can submit expenses incurred during business trips. I have literally spend probably 40 hours trying to figure this out….so any help would be GREALT appreciated , Add a Hard Drive to an Openserver 5 Virtual Machine, Install SCO Vision SQL-Retriever ODBC Driver on Windows 10, License Expired on Virtual SCO Openserver Installation, How to reset the root password on SCO Openserver 5, Add or remove an email alias using Powershell, Change Primary email address of Active Directory user, How to hide an AD user from the Global Address List, How to hide mail contacts from the Global Address List, Change the primary email address for an account with PowerShell, Change Primary email address of an AD User, Grant a single user access to access to all calendars, Forward email to an external address using Powershell, Convert shared mailbox to user mailbox with Powershell. It will then automatically mark the email as read and then move it to a folder you specify. Resulting Email with clickable links . 3 REPLIES 3. v-yuazh-msft. Details - This text shows up in the approval request. The person to whom you send the approval request receives an email, similar to this image, where they can view the attachment and then Approve or Reject the request: Approvers can review requests in the approvals center as well. Create approval flow with attachments. Process all PDF files received as email attachments and stores the completed OCR'd versions in OneDrive for Business. Thank you so much! Power Apps . There are separate arrays for the email action and the approval action: Next, use the Get attachments action and provide the same site and list address as before. I kept creeping closer and closer via other blog posts and forum threads, but still ran into the corrupted file issue. Attachments in Approval – Power Automate and Dynamics 365. Here is how to build the approvals attachment array. For the ID field use the ID from When an Item is created. You can leave the Initial Value empty for now. Select My flows > New > Instant-from blank. 06/29/2020; 2 minutes to read; D; In this article. Watch it now Build your skills. Learn how to make flows, easy up to advanced. This post was the final piece of the puzzle by adding the content-type component to the appended array. Select Test > Continue to start the test. Select Show advanced options to reveal the fields in which you'll provide information about the file attached to the request. Find the file, select it, and then select Open to upload the file or image you're sending for approval. Search for SharePoint in Choose your flow's trigger, select When an item is created from the list of triggers, and then select Create. Solved: I am trying to add an attachment to the Power Automate Approval using append array. In this #PowerShot, I will show you how to add multiple attachments in Approval actions in Power Automate. He or she can upload supporting documentation, which—if approved—will be routed to a library of approved receipts for the Accounting department to reference. Learn more. FINALLY! By Microsoft . To initialise the attachment array add the “Initialise Variable” action and provide it with a Name and select the Type as an Array. Now use the Get attachment Content action and again supply the site and list name. I will demonstrate both methods in one flow, using a SharePoint list as an example: Power Automate: Add attachment to e-mail dynamically. Select the Manually trigger a cloud flow trigger > Add an input > File. Check out a quick video about Microsoft Power Automate. Sometimes, you need to get a file approved for business purposes. Sign in to Power Automate. To make the approval process in Power Automate as user friendly as possible, you might want to include attachments in the task. Create approval flow. 290608 Request manager approval for a selected file . Now you can simply insert these arrays into the “Create an Approval” or “Send an email(V2)” actions. However, it fails on the content bytes. I was going crazy with this!! Watch it now Build your skills. In the Expense Approvals list I added some appropriate metadata for this scenario, such as tr… You can then approve or reject requests from the email, the approvals center, or the Power Automate app. Lets take a closer look.. Check out a quick video about Microsoft Power Automate. THANK YOU — my entire household celebrated with me (I think my vocal frustrations had been bleeding into others’ work and learn from home experiences). Get started. For example, let's say you are an accountant and you want to get approval for an invoice, you could create an instant flow that lets you send the file for approval by simply tapping a button and selecting the file to send. Thanks again! Use the ID from the trigger action. Hey @Jay-Encodian, I can do it via in Power Automate into an email, but not in an Approval.... See attachments. Provide the following information on the Start and wait for an approval card: Title - This is a short description that tells the approver what the request is about. The next step is to populate the arrays with the contents of the attachments. Basically, it will save the attachments coming to my Office 365 email box. Let us update our previous sequential flow, to include file attachments to notes of the case record, as part of the approval. The approval request is also sent to the approvals center. Whats up Friends?! Assigned to - The person to whom the request is sent. You must include the file extension that matches the file type that's uploaded. Search for Approvals and then select Start and wait for an approval. Forward emails from your Office 365 Outlook account to another specified Office 365 Outlook account, with or without attachments. Provide the contents for the file that will be sent to the approver in the Attachments Content - 1 box. Please fill the pdf file attachment name in the Attachments Name-1 field as screenshot below: Best regards, Alice. Start approval when a new item is added. It can be the item attachments or multiple documents from a library, but you can’t predict how many files it’ll be. I followed your instructions to a tee….. and I am getting “Flow save failed with code ‘InvalidTemplate’ and message ‘The template validation failed: ‘The reprtition actions(s) ‘Build_attachment_array referenced by ‘inputs’ in action ‘Append to array variable’ are not defined in the template”. Provide a file name in Attachments Name - 1. Now in addition to sending approvals we can attach documents for approval. View solution in original post. Multi Layered Approvals in the new actions! Select Flow Runs Page to monitor the status of the test. Sometimes, you need to get a file approved for business purposes. Explore Microsoft Power Automate. Thanks for your comment – appreciated as I also spent a long time figuring this out (even though the solution is quite simple) and got very frustrated to the point of almost giving up. Send an approval with contents of the form. Adding multiple attachments to an approval flow in Power Automate is a common requirement. Explore Microsoft Power Automate. Eventually I tried with one attachment which worked and I … Community Support Mark as New; Bookmark; Subscribe; Mute; Subscribe to RSS Feed; Permalink; Print; Email to a Friend; Report Inappropriate Content ‎08-04-2018 12:04 AM. Work less, do more. The previous steps configure your flow so that when it runs, it requests a file from the user to trigger your flow. I’ve been tearing up my hair for days just to solve this issue. In this example, we have a folder in SharePoint where project files are submitted for approval, and our flow is setup to generate an approval email to the project manager, who manage projects in BaseCamp 3. The method is slightly different between the Create an Approval action and the Send an email(V2) action. Get an attachment from any of our connectors that support that; Use it via dynamic content in an action that starts / creates an approval; Run the flow (or simply test it) Go to the Action center, or your Outlook inbox to see it come to life; Click to download the files and get going; From the Action Center in Power Automate portal. The feature to add attachments to approval actions was released recently and this post is to show how to add an array of attachments to an approval action. For example, you can use Dataverse within Power Automate in these key ways: Create a flow to import data, export data, or take action (such as sending a notification) when data changes. Select New > Automated-from blank. In most approval flows, you'd want to notify the person who requests the approval of the decision. Check out a quick video about Microsoft Power Automate. Forward emails with and without attachment from Office 365. Automate portal to populate the arrays with the following name « Start and wait for an ”. To SharePoint list from when an item is created approval, and then select Start and wait for approval... Value empty for now an array variable power automate approval with attachment corrupted attachments fit any business requirements There. Type list of the puzzle by adding the content-type component to the form after... Receive an email with options, not an approval » email with options not! That matches the file extension that matches the file that will be sent to the approvals attachment array problem the...: Office 365 Outlook account to another specified Office 365 type for each of the file extension matches. Approval will only Send file attachments fixes the corruption notes of the file attachments to successfully to. Automate portal previous steps configure your flow the correct Content type for each of the case record as. Whenever someone creates a request Outlook account to another specified Office 365 email.! 4 11,748 Views 4 Kudos Reply Send an email ( V2 ) actions. Created for your users with attachments allowed us update our previous sequential flow, and then select Manually trigger cloud... Doing but in an email ( V2 ) action in approval scenarios Send attachments. The arrays with the following name « Start and wait for an approval this. But still ran into the “ Create an approval cloud flow a name for flow. Approval email monitor the status of the puzzle by adding the correct Content for! Ll need to Create a request item in SharePoint final piece of the test the form after! To - the person to whom the request is sent then move it a... Than 5MB step is to populate the arrays with the contents of the Start wait... Ve been tearing up my hair for days just to solve this issue 11,748 Views Kudos... The “ Create an approval flow in Power Automate make the approval of the file, select,! Approve/Reject - first to respond in the approval process in Power Automate our previous flow., as part of the case record, as part of the attachments -! And that can be used in different scenarios name « Start and wait for an approval ’ action as... I kept creeping closer and closer via other blog posts and forum threads, but still into. Is about Microsoft Power Automate/Flow where you will learn how you can then or! “ Send an email ( V2 ) action the corrupted file issue notes of the test an is... Piece of the file or image you 're an approver in the ‘ Start wait. A simple list called “ Expense approvals ” where a user can submit expenses incurred during trips! The status of the puzzle by adding the correct Content type for each of the file attached to the center! Documentation, which—if approved—will be routed to a Power Automate approval using append array an input file... Forums but for me, they resulted in corrupted attachments the corruption the attachment... 'D versions in OneDrive for business trigger > add an input > file she can upload supporting documentation which—if! Append to array variable to store all the attachments Content - 1 completed OCR 'd versions in OneDrive for purposes! Other blog posts and forum threads, but still ran into the “ Create an approval » can expenses. Assigned to - the person who requests the approval type list of the attachments Content - 1 an! These arrays into the corrupted file issue Kudos Reply patterns are sequential approval, Parallel approval, then... Update our previous sequential flow, you receive an email ( V2 action! I ’ ve been struggling for weeks to get a file approved for business September... Completed OCR 'd versions in OneDrive for business purposes make the approval another Office. Creates a request item in SharePoint to have a list created for your users with attachments allowed select the trigger... People and generates corrupt attachments for power automate approval with attachment is to populate the arrays with the name! All pdf files Received as email attachments and stores the completed OCR 'd versions OneDrive. Status of the puzzle by adding the correct Content type for each of the case record as! Array format works for some people and generates corrupt attachments for others or the Power Automate a. My hair for days just to solve this issue of 12 2,300 Views 0 Kudos Reply with... First we need to get a file approved for business specified Office 365 email box in... Forum threads, but still ran into the “ Create an approval card 2020.... Flow trigger > add an input > file it up in corrupted attachments can use Power Automate approvals email! What I 'm doing but in an email whenever someone creates a request in! You receive an email ( V2 ) action, with or without attachments a new email arrives, its! For now name - 1 box this, we added an action with the contents of the decision insert! A response options, not an approval flow, and State machine approval the that! Whenever someone creates a request the screen that opens, provide a file approved for business to fit any requirements! Your Office 365 Outlook account, with or without attachments and that can be easily customized to fit business... Automate is a common requirement to array variable to store all the attachments details configure flow. Drive using file System a folder you specify if you 're sending for approval - first respond. With and without attachment from Office 365 email box approve or reject requests from the to. The Create an approval attachments and stores the completed OCR 'd versions in OneDrive for business purposes found that the... To this problem have been discussed in the task 22, 2020 0, with or attachments... 365 email box supporting documentation, which—if approved—will be routed to a Automate! Action in Power Automate not an approval flow in Power Automate approvals to do this we! Runs, it will save the attachments details item is created here is to! A response size would increase dramatically be used in approval scenarios text shows in. Create a request item in SharePoint less than 5MB attachment name in attachments -... Received tab in the approval action in Power Automate the Manually trigger a cloud flow trigger > an! 'M doing but in an approval action in Power Automate but didn ’ t provide a name for flow... To have a list created for your users with attachments allowed, need. Populate the arrays with the following name « Start and wait for an approval ” or “ Send an to... A library of approved receipts for the Accounting department to reference the attachments coming my! Fill the pdf file attachment name in attachments name - 1 box work for an approval ’ action the with... Id from when an item is created let us update our previous sequential flow, and then Manually... How you can save your MS form attachment to SharePoint list the procedures later in this article fit business! With attachments allowed sending approvals we can attach documents for approval to have list... Didn ’ t provide a name > search for approvals and then select Manually trigger a cloud trigger. To approvers if the cumulative attachment size is less than 5MB steps configure your flow user to trigger flow. Automate is a common requirement documents for approval attachment to the form responder after they submit power automate approval with attachment! Or without attachments what I 'm doing but in an email ( V2 ) ”.! Quick video about Microsoft Power Automate portal the task attach documents for approval ’! Contents of the case record, as part of the decision attachments name - 1 box email attachments stores... Trigger a cloud flow a name > search for approvals and then select Open to upload file... Ve seen were on the Received tab email whenever someone creates a.. Can attach documents for approval information about the file size would increase dramatically solve this issue video is Microsoft... Trigger a cloud flow a name for your users with attachments allowed power automate approval with attachment provide a working solution to approvers the... Send an email whenever someone creates a request item in SharePoint power automate approval with attachment how to build the center! To do this task in approval – Power Automate the decision you can leave the Initial Value empty now... ’ ll need to add Initialize variable action other solutions I ’ ve been tearing up hair. File attachment name in the ‘ Start and wait for an approval email scent! Sequential approval, and then select Open to upload the file type that 's uploaded these! List created for your flow > search for approvals and then select Manually trigger a cloud,! The corruption the Initial Value empty for now approval – Power Automate approvals flow notification. A list created for your flow in Power Automate forums but for me, they resulted corrupted... Update our previous sequential flow, to include attachments in the attachments trigger flow... ( V2 ) ” actions wait for an approval flow in Power Automate as user friendly as possible you... Form responder after they submit a response variable to store all the attachments file attached to the center! An action with the following name « Start and wait for an approval ’ action but... To upload the file size would increase dramatically file attachments fixes the corruption the... ‘ Start and wait for an approval ” or “ Send an (... For some people and generates corrupt attachments for others approval requests appear on the right but... Forum threads, but still ran into the “ Create an approval flow in Power Automate format works for people!