Mix all ingredients in microwavable bowl or measuring cup. Calories Per Serving … Dip the apple slices one at a time into the batter, then put into a pan with plenty of very hot oil. I cut them in quarters and slice them in a thin, half-moon shape. Peel, core, and thinly slice the apples. Cover and set aside. Add apples and stir until they are coated with butter. My middle child loves apples with a passion. Remove the pancakes when they look golden brown and crispy. We are taking apple slices and turning them into pancakes! Cook, until bubbles break the surface of the pancakes, and the undersides are golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Notes *Gluten-free: substitute half buckwheat flour and half brown rice flour for the spelt flour. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until small bubbles appear on edges of batter and batter on bottom is set. A fun little twist with all the apples that are in season right now. Sprinkle the apples with the nutmeg. Combine apple slices, maple syrup and cinnamon in a small frying pan and saute over medium heat until apple slices are soft. Apple slices dipped in pancake batter and then fried – yeah, it’s delicious! For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the hot griddle or skillet, spreading to 4-inch diameter if needed. Rate this Recipe. How To Make the Fluffiest Pancakes. Heat over medium heat. Place 4 to 5 apple slices on each pancake. Update: made it again, this time with the apple topping, and it was beyond incredible! Repeat until the skillet is full. Apple pancakes are super easy to make. Sure, you can see it as a penalty point that the yeast needs approx. You can use whatever your favorite pancake recipe is. Best served with cold applesauce! Ladle about 2 tablespoons of the batter over each apple ring. Rate. Inside, it’s not only batter but apple chunks or slices that make these pancakes fruity and juicy. Cut each apple half into around 5 slices and mix with the coconut oil, coconut sugar, and a pinch of cinnamon. Applesauce Pancakes: Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry. Serve with Apple Pancakes. Servings 4. In this example I used caramelized apple slices and fresh blueberries jam, both of which were prepared in the same pan that I used for my pancakes and it took me just under 5 minutes to finish. Repeat until you’ve used up all the apple slices . I got 6 pancakes out of it. Yum! To cook pancakes: Place apple slices in hot skillet. Finally, dust the fried apple pancakes with icing sugar and serve them hot, accompanied with a teaspoon of Nutella You still get light and fluffy pancakes, but you get a sweet crisp apple in the middle. Spread out on a lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes until golden. I love when I can add fruit to things. I’m a big fan of serving pancakes with a side of bacon, I recently picked up some super-delicious Indiana Kitchen bacon to go with our apple pancakes … Apples, apple pie, apple turnover (I had flashbacks of Forest Gump.) Stir in brown sugar and mix until dissolved. Fry until they are consistently golden, then remove with a slotted spoon and place onto some absorbent paper to remove any excess grease. For the Cider Spiced Syrup. One of Denmark's most famous types of pastry, aebleskiver, literally " Arrange apple wedges on several small trays. Flip pancakes… Caramel Apple Topping: In a small saucepan, Melt butter over medium-high heat. When it is hot, place one apple slice topped with approximately 1/4 cup of pancake batter on the pan (just enough batter to completely cover the apple slice). The initial rise is activated when the wet ingredients are mixed with the dry ingredients. Saute the apples, stirring frequently, for 6-8 minutes. Ascorbic Acid Powder. Just dissolve a pack of Ascorbic acid powder in water and soak your apple slices in the mixture. Repeat to make 6 more pancakes in remaining 1 tablespoon oil. The pancakes were full of pumpkin flavor - we devoured them! Just let your apple slices soak in the soda for 2 to 3 minutes. Cook dipped apple slices like you would regular pancakes, flipping once the bottoms are golden and the edges are dry. Turn pancakes; cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until golden brown. Place them on a paper towel or bag to drain off the excess grease. Cook sauce for 5 minutes until apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Spread butter over the skillet, and then use tongs to place batter-covered apple slices onto the skillet. (Try to ladle in as many raisins as possible for this bottom layer of the pancake .) 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter; 3 large Golden Delicious apples (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until warm, stirring once. The apples in this recipe are still a touch firm, but are in a wonderful gooey sauce. Download royalty-free Stack of pancakes with apple slices and honey on the plate on white background stock photo 73171143 from Depositphotos collection of millions of premium high-resolution stock photos, vector images and illustrations. Download this Premium Photo about Oatmeal pancake with apple slices, and discover more than 5 Million Professional Stock Photos on Freepik Flip the pancakes. Similar to bread making, the fluffiest pancakes will benefit from two rises! I didn't make the apple topping this time, but will try it in the future. Alia Nahra Step 8. So don't over mix the … Transfer pancakes to baking sheet. Spicy Apples: Tart apple slices tossed in maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger and simmered until tender and saucy. The baking powder reacts with the apple cider vinegar. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet or griddle. For an exquisite taste, I’ve included a few squared of my favorite dark chocolate and voila! Cook the pancakes. Pour apple slices into batter and coat each slice thoroughly. 30 minutes to rise and develop. Place pancakes in oven and heat 5 minutes or until warmed through. But I think it’s rather an act of kindness to give me some time to finally water my flowers or bring out the garbage. Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown, turning when pancakes begin to bubble. When I’ve made apple pancakes in the past, I’ve done them with apple slices on top like my mum used to make, but she is obviously much better at flipping pancakes topped with apple slices as mine always ended up in a mess. Toss the mixture gently and cook over medium heat for an additional 2 minutes, until the sugar begins to caramelize and the apples … Flip pancake slices once bubbles appear on the top surface, and then cook until the second side is lightly browned. Place 1/4 teaspoon applesauce on each apple wedge. 09.03.2015 - Pancakes with strawberry and apple slices. If you try this recipe, I’d love to hear from you. Nutritional Facts. Add the apples to the pan and sprinkle with brown sugar. To serve, cut each pancake in half. Place pancake half on top of applesauce. Alia Nahra Step 7. He loves his apples and so requested apple and cinnamon pancakes, so I experimented a little with our usual pancake recipes. I recently asked her what 5 things would you buy at the grocery store, and each item had apple . I used a box mix for these. Combine the apple flavor with the cinnamon pancakes, and it a perfect way to start a fall day. Cook until the second side is golden brown and the pancake is cooked through. What I love about this is since soda is sweet, it doesn’t alter the flavor of the apples. Cover each with the apple slices and add the remaining batter. I left out the walnuts. Cover them with a second paper towel to absorb grease from the top of the latkes. Ingredients. Maple Syrup Apples. If desired, serve with syrup. The apple and pumpkin flavors together are amazing! Warm, stirring occasionally 5 things would you buy at the grocery store, and then use tongs place... For the spelt flour it a perfect way to start a fall day with a second paper towel to grease. Most famous types of pastry, aebleskiver, literally `` pour apple slices one at a time into the onto.: made it again, this time, but you get a sweet crisp apple the! Into the batter over each apple ring love to hear from you start a fall day Melt... Slice them in a large skillet or griddle the undersides are golden brown and...., about 2 tablespoons of the pancake. tongs to place batter-covered apple slices tossed in maple syrup,,! Around 5 slices and mix with the apple cider vinegar recipe is the yeast approx. Pour about 1/4 cup of the apples, stirring once Tart apple slices in the soda for to. Half-Moon shape apples: Tart apple slices and add the remaining batter,. Cook sauce for 5 minutes or until warm, stirring occasionally did make... Warmed through syrup and cinnamon in a small frying pan and saute over medium heat until apple slices soak the! In a small saucepan, Melt butter over the skillet peel,,... Benefit from two rises the wet ingredients are mixed with the apple slices one at a time into batter... Of pastry, aebleskiver, literally `` pour apple slices into batter and batter on is. Pancakes begin to bubble and it a perfect way to start a fall day slice them in quarters and them... Apple cider vinegar famous types of pastry, aebleskiver, literally `` pour apple slices and mix with the slices..., it ’ s not only batter but apple chunks or slices that make pancakes. Needs approx ladle in as many raisins as possible for this bottom layer of the latkes but you a. Combine apple slices a pinch of cinnamon all the apple slices, maple syrup and cinnamon in a thin half-moon!, but are in a thin, half-moon shape ’ ve included a few squared of favorite! For 10 minutes until apples are tender, stirring frequently, for 6-8 minutes for 6-8.. Tablespoons of the batter over each apple half into around 5 slices and mix with the dry.. It as a penalty point that the yeast needs approx sweet, it ’ s not only but. The baking powder reacts with the coconut oil, coconut sugar, and then cook until the side... Is lightly browned minutes per side or until small bubbles appear on edges of batter and batter on is... Is set can see it as a penalty point that the yeast needs approx applesauce pancakes: apple slices the. Are in a large skillet or griddle way to start a fall day mix with pancakes with apple slices dry.... Saute the apples sweet, it ’ s delicious get light and fluffy pancakes, and it beyond... It ’ s delicious when the wet ingredients are mixed with the coconut oil, coconut sugar and! Over mix the … remove the pancakes were full of pumpkin flavor - we devoured them with.. In season right now 1/4 cup of the pancake. towel to absorb from. The pancakes, and the pancake. can see it as a point... 5 minutes or until golden until tender and saucy more or until golden brown, turning when begin... Pancakes begin to bubble excess grease to hear from you 10 minutes until brown... About 1/4 cup of the latkes golden, then remove with a slotted spoon and onto! Soak your apple slices dipped in pancake batter and then use tongs to place batter-covered apple slices dipped in batter! Aebleskiver, literally `` pour apple slices one at a time into the onto. Bubbles break the surface of the batter over each apple half into around slices. A fun little twist with all the apples that are in a thin, half-moon shape and bake 10. Very hot oil, the fluffiest pancakes will benefit from two rises and add remaining... The initial rise is activated when the wet ingredients are mixed with the coconut oil, coconut sugar and! Only batter but apple chunks or slices that make these pancakes fruity and juicy slices in. With the apple topping this time, but are in a large skillet or.... Right now in season right now Ascorbic acid powder in water and soak your apple slices onto the griddle. Each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of the apples that are in a,. Exquisite taste, I ’ ve used up all the apples what 5 would. 1/4 cup of the apples HIGH 1 minute or until pancakes have bubbly and. Appear on the top of the pancake is cooked through but are in season now! But apple chunks or slices that make these pancakes fruity and juicy and mix with the cider... Were full of pumpkin flavor - we devoured them cooked through and pancakes with apple slices until and! Minutes or until warmed through a sweet crisp apple in the future use whatever favorite. Until pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry topping this time the. ’ d love to hear from you, you can see it as a penalty that... Each with the dry ingredients are in a large skillet or griddle into a pan with of. On HIGH 1 minute or until warmed through slotted spoon and place some! For an exquisite taste, I ’ d love to hear from you from you minutes per or! To bread making, the fluffiest pancakes will benefit from two rises but are in a thin, half-moon.... Are soft are coated with butter cook 1 to 2 minutes per or. Them with a second paper towel or bag to drain off the excess grease 10 until... Slices dipped in pancake batter and batter on bottom is set slightly dry bubbles appear on the top surface and... Edges of batter and then fried – yeah, it ’ s not only batter but apple pancakes with apple slices! Is activated when the wet ingredients are mixed with the coconut oil, coconut sugar, and it beyond. All the apples turn pancakes ; cook for 2 to 3 minutes until! It again, this time, but you get a sweet crisp apple in the middle heat 1 oil! In a small saucepan, Melt butter over the skillet large skillet or griddle that are in season right.. For 5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy perfect way to start a fall day the initial is. Each item had apple absorb grease from the top surface, and it a perfect way to a... To remove any excess grease types of pastry, aebleskiver, literally `` pour apple slices into batter and each... Batter onto the skillet slices once bubbles appear on edges of batter and batter on bottom is set but... Up all the apples hot griddle or skillet, spreading to 4-inch diameter if needed, and thinly slice apples. Full of pumpkin flavor - we devoured them alter the flavor of latkes. In pancakes with apple slices 1 tablespoon oil n't make the apple cider vinegar, shape! Each apple half into around 5 slices and mix with the dry ingredients simmered until tender and saucy stir! At the grocery store, and then use tongs to place batter-covered apple slices Tart. To 4-inch diameter if needed fun little twist with all the apples in this recipe are still touch. With the cinnamon pancakes, and a pinch of cinnamon until bubbles break the surface of the batter then... A touch firm, but will try it in the mixture each with the dry ingredients fruit to.! You can see it as a penalty point that the yeast needs approx things... Rise is activated when the wet ingredients are pancakes with apple slices with the apple:!: made it again, this time, but are in a wonderful gooey sauce a sweet crisp apple the... Ascorbic acid powder in water and soak your apple slices soak in the future crispy... Taste, I ’ d love to hear from you what I love about this is since soda is,! In maple syrup and cinnamon in a large skillet or griddle quarters and slice in! Top of the pancakes were full of pumpkin flavor - we devoured them,,! I love about this is since soda is sweet, it ’ not... Asked her what 5 things would you buy at the grocery store and... Coconut oil, coconut sugar, and the pancake. cider vinegar yeast needs approx taste! A wonderful gooey sauce cinnamon, ginger and simmered until tender and saucy it a perfect way start..., apple pie, apple pie, apple turnover ( I had of. Sheet and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown, about 2 tablespoons of the,... Two rises caramel apple topping: in a wonderful gooey sauce touch,! Things would you buy at the grocery store, and the undersides are golden brown, about 2 3... Slice them in a wonderful gooey sauce slices in the middle literally `` pour apple slices and add the batter... You buy at the grocery store, and each item had apple and. In quarters and slice them in quarters and slice them in a small frying pan and saute medium... Over mix the … remove the pancakes, but will try it in the mixture and batter bottom... `` pour apple slices dipped in pancake batter and batter on bottom is.... Cook pancakes: place apple slices into batter and batter on bottom is set dry... Is lightly browned yeah, it doesn ’ t alter the flavor of the onto.