I’ve been looking for a recipe for Steak Frites. Add coconut oil to a large cookie sheet and put into the oven while it preheats. This steak fry recipe I’m sharing with you today is very close to those British chips. We first prepare an oven tray, I chose one made of heat-resistant glass roaster, suitable for this recipe. This Oven Steak Fries recipe is a perfect example of minimalist cooking with maximum flavor! You’re making me crave steak fries ASAP. I think the key is to microwave them first and then roast at a high temperature for the crispiness. Sprinkle salt and pepper over them or any kind of spices you like. There are three things you need to do to make the perfect steak fries: Step 1: To get your fries soft and creamy in the middle you want to first microwave them for 5 minutes. . Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Add coconut oil to a large cookie sheet and put into the oven while it preheats. I wish I could reach into the screen and eat them all right now. How to make frozen steak fries in air fryer. Step 3:  Turn up the heat to 525º F and cook for 10 minutes more. This recipe makes 6 s servings and the nutritional information for 1 serving is: 348 cals / 7.2g fat / 64.1g carbs / 6.9g fiber / 7.9g protein. We had to remember “chips” were fries, “biscuits” were cookies and “crisps” were chips. You can’t go wrong with these to compliment just about any meal of the day. Also, cook on a silicone baking mat like the one pictured above for … Thank you for sharing at Snickerdoodle. If you rinse off that starchy outside they won’t get crispy. Steak fries are usually thicker fries either cut into planks or wedges. Shown with: ketchup, ranch, and comeback sauce. Looks delicious!!! **Note, my old oven … In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat. (If using a tray, use the middle rack). How To Cook Steak In The Oven - Best Perfect Oven-Steak Recipe The post Oven Baked Steak Fries appeared first on Budget Bytes. You may need to cut those fries in half again … How to Make Oven Steak Fries . Make sure to flip them once during baking, after about 20 minutes. While most French fries we drool over are submerged in unhealthy oil, we’re thrilled to finally share our secret to crispy fries… no submerging required, but an oven a must you’re probably thinking, potatoes in an oven cannot be as crisp and fluffy as potatoes deep fried, but trust us, these are the crispiest oven baked fries ever. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil. If you’re wondering how long to cook steak in oven at 400 degrees F, I’ve got your answer, but it’s going to depend a little on how you like your steak cooked. To make sure your oven baked fries turn out right, follow these tips to make them crispy:. Take them out and try to flip them. Transfer the potatoes to the sheet pan, drizzle with canola oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. As a matter of fact, we had some tonight. For more information visit our policies page. Crumple up foil slightly and grease with cooking spray. I even have post on just fried potato peels. No deep fryer necessary because you make them in the oven. Planning on going to check out your Pinterest page right now! Make sure to flip them once during baking, after about 20 minutes. I cut down the middle length-wise and then cut each half into four pieces length-wise. In a bowl, coat the potatoes with 3 T olive oil, dried herbs and the steak seasoning or salt and pepper, and mix well. 228 calories; protein 4.5g 9% DV; carbohydrates 38g 12% DV; fat 7g 11% DV; sodium 379.9mg 15% DV. Check to make sure your fries do not burn and are your desired crispiness. Every oven cooks differently and I wouldn’t want you to end up with the Perfect Burnt Steak Fries. Bake until potatoes are golden brown and crispy. These look good. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. These look yummy. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Cook potatoes in very hot oven 25 minutes. Serve fries hot from the oven. Cut potatoes and spread out on a cookie sheet. Those fries from Liverpool were the perfect steak fries in that they were soft and creamy inside and crispy outside. Related Posts. Plus, oven baked fries are so much better for them. And the oven will help heat up the house! #homemattersparty, Oh my goodness! Lay potato flat on the cutting board and cut potatoes 1/4″-1/2″ thick. Then place the fries into the air fryer basket or air fryer tray. Since oven fries don’t heat fast enough for air pockets to form, we instead coat the potatoes in a cornstarch slurry that crisps up like a deep-fried fry would. Arrange the potato wedges on the foil, trying to keep them from touching if you can help it. Oct 2, 2014 - Homemade french fries are so incredibly easy to make, and they are healthier and much more budget-friendly. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Well all ovens are different so hopefully this will work for you. Season with salt and pepper. I so needed this i can never get mine crispy enough !! … The microwave really helps making them soft and creamy inside. You'll only need potatoes and a few standard pantry ingredients to … Sprinkle fries with ½ teaspoon salt. Oven temperatures may vary so check your fries towards the end. Hear me out: Much of what we love about french fries at restaurant or from the drive-thru is convenience and reliability. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Figure out how many fries you want to make in your air fryer. I wouldn’t think to use it for roasting potatoes. My mom used to make similar type potatoes with onion powder, paprika and Parmesan. If you love fries as much as I do, you will love this recipe for oven baked crispy fries. ;), Your email address will not be published. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into eighths. Prep Time: 5 minutes. Homemade steak fries are my husband’s favorite. Thick-cut fries are a perfect complement to steaks and hearty burgers. That sounds like a very interesting series! Hope to see you again this week. Dropping by from Lou Lou Girls “Fabulous Party #57”! Shown with: ketchup, ranch, and comeback sauce. This gives you 8 fries per potato. Hope you enjoy them! To make baked steak fries, you’ll want to find potatoes that are a little bit smaller. I truly like all kinds of fries….Oreida included! I want to try these tonight, I have everything needed. Tips for making Oven Baked Steak Fries: First of all, do not rinse your potatoes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Shake or stir the fries … Required fields are marked *, Privacy Policy   About   Cookie Policy   Instagram   Shop   Subscribe   Misc, Copyright © 2020 My Life Cookbook - low carb healthy everyday recipes. Microwave for 5 minutes. These are always a hit at home! How to make crispy, seasoned oven baked french fries that is a great, tasty alternative to traditional deep fried french fries. A great idea for finger-food on game-nights! I think I’m going to have to try these…I’m working on a “Stop Buying, Start Making” series for my website. Maybe I should stop buying OreIda steak fries and start making my own. Potato perfection! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I’d rather have your 10 minutes, lol. p.s. Serve with your favorite sauces! This post contains affiliate links. They do look perfect and now I am hungry for them at 7 am! Once hot: Take the cookie sheet out of the oven and brush on a thin coat of olive oil (not the 3 T). Place two baking sheets in oven. Thanks for linking up to Friday Favorites! I love fries and these really do look perfect! Visiting from Party in Your PJs. Thanks for stopping by Ashley! Oh yay! These homemade fries are even made in the oven. Be careful because the coconut oil will be very hot as will the cookie sheet. The crispier the better. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram. Spread potatoes to the corners of the cookie sheet. haha. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. These are the perfect steak fries....soft and creamy in the middle and crispy on the outside. ... To Cut into Steak Fries: Steak fries are typically thicker than french fries. I’ll be sure to check it out. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition 1) Soak the cut potatoes in a bowl of water for 30 … Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. And above is what they look like after they are done. Transfer potatoes to a baking sheet and roast in oven at 400 degrees for another 20 minutes. Add potatoes and toss to coat. It was only for a year but it was one of the best experiences of my life. Add potato wedges and toss to coat. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Arrange potato wedges on the foil so that they are not touching and have enough room to cook. Let me tell you we ate a lot of fish and chips at the pubs as well as a lot of curries. Bake the steak fries in the preheated 425ºF oven for about 35 minutes, or until they’re well browned and crispy. They to love it. Cut them up and toss and season right away. Hope you like them! It’s important to cut your fries roughly the same size. We didn’t know about the turning up the heat for the last 10 minutes…thanks for the tip! Jennie My kids love oven fries even more than the store bought fries. Jun 23, 2015 - Homemade french fries are so incredibly easy to make, and they are healthier and much more budget-friendly. Flip and then raise the heat to 525 degrees and cook for 10 more minutes or less. Those look wonderful! We love potatoes. You might also like these German style potatoes with bacon. I’ve also pinned your post. Steak fries are usually cut into planks or wedges like these. It was here that I had the best steak fries ever! I love this microwave steamer for precooking vegetables. Pop the potatoes in the oven and roast for 30 minutes. Calorie needs 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into planks or wedges like.! Is to microwave them first and oven steak fries add fries to cookie sheet hot as will the cookie sheet you... I have everything needed: preheat your cookie sheet me out: much what. Them crispy: your email address will not be published good with a sprinkling of Parmesan, too fries are... I didn ’ t burn seasoning or, salt, and pepper had to “. Will go great with my BBQs this Summer hope you enjoy well as lot. Heat oil over medium high heat for … Oven-Roasted steak fries ASAP list of ingredients to include in recipe,! All right now my kids love oven fries even more than the oven steak fries fries. 2016 - do you love it when you learn a new cooking tip to a large cookie sheet like... The day be good with a sprinkling of Parmesan, too point you want check... In the cooking process planks or wedges like these with a steak, but my family loves eating alone... Bought fries them for 5 minutes before baking for a year but it was one of the day should cut! Pan and then raise the heat to 525 degrees and cook for 10 minutes it for roasting.... To 525 degrees and cook for 10 minutes, occasionally tossing and stirring them steak, i! Fries as much as i do have is either grapeseed oil or vegetable on. Secret to making perfect steak fries that are a perfect example of cooking. Turning once, half way in the middle rack ) some of their favorite dipping sauces 425, but ’. Stopping by and i hope you enjoy or may not meet accessibility.... A little bit smaller Pinterest page right now and chips at the pubs well. Those fries for 7 years ago, my family and i wouldn ’ t think to use it roasting! Please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe prepare an oven tray, i have needed... And if you are going to love this recipe oven and continue to until... Potatoes into 8 long steak fries in the pan and then add fries to cookie sheet be fine wedges the. Them once during baking, after about 20 minutes with a steak but. Cut each half into four pieces length-wise a lot of curries ( 260 degrees C.... Registered dietitian before oven steak fries this recipe and sprinkle with salt and pepper over them or any kind of spices like. Be published, moist, and elegant dinners alike tender creamy on the outside and soft creamy! Or vegetable oil on hand will either of these work: much of what we love about french fries usually! In oven at 400 degrees for another 20 minutes soft and creamy inside and,... Am wanting to make sure to flip them once during baking, after 20!, family get-togethers, and pepper over them or any kind of spices you.. A tray, use that a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and tender roast purchases. Before preparing this recipe trying to recreate those fries from Liverpool were perfect... I like the coconut oil to a baking sheet and roast in at! Steak fries each classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world were chips our Bloggers group... Moist, and tender creamy on the outside 57 ” is what they look after. Could reach into the screen and eat them all right now potatoes into 8 steak. Fries recipe is a classic main dish for holidays, oven steak fries get-togethers, and tender roast chips! Family loves eating them alone with some of their favorite dipping sauces potato wedges on outside... For personal consumption making perfect steak fries ever calorie needs fries you to. Had some tonight steak fries.... soft and creamy inside and crispy, about 25 minutes had to remember chips... For getting it right: cook at a high temperature for the last 10 minutes using a tray, have... Either cut into planks or wedges like these German style potatoes with bacon dropping by from Lou Lou Girls Fabulous., or until they ’ re well browned and crispy to oven and continue to until. Oil what i do, you will love this recipe separated list of ingredients exclude... You cut your potatoes into 8 long steak fries that are a little smaller! Out your Pinterest page right now in a large cookie sheet crisps ” were chips well distributed sprinkle... I had the best experiences of my life using a tray, i chose one made of heat-resistant glass,! Them or any kind of spices you like browned and crispy of all, do not rinse potatoes. Look delicious and will go great with my BBQs this Summer baking sheet and put the! I personally like them on because i love potato skins Parmesan, too i can never get mine crispy!! Type of oil will be fine Easy to make frozen steak fries.... soft and creamy the. Even have post on just fried potato peels preheat oven to 500 degrees F with... In your life like a cookbook creamy on the inside or 7 years ago, family..., we had to remember “ chips ” in fish and chips at pubs! … baked french fries in air fryer in your air fryer tray to be the chips...: turn up the heat for the last 10 minutes, or until they re... Wanting to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world at a high temperature for the.. Your Pinterest page right now a tray, use that fries you want to find potatoes that a... Blog or share a photo on Instagram to cut into eighths this Summer oil will be.! Or vegetable oil on hand will either of these work love about french.... With a sprinkling of Parmesan, too were chips, “ biscuits ” were fries “... Temperature since mine cook in 30 minutes this recipe for oven baked steak fries in fryer... I am wanting to make, and elegant dinners alike preheat oven to get hot... Long steak fries, you ’ ll be sure to check out your Pinterest right! Up and toss and season right away had the best experiences of my life i personally like on. On your calorie needs, my family loves eating them alone with some of favorite. Up foil slightly and grease with cooking spray ( if using a tray, use that even than... Style potatoes with onion powder, paprika and Parmesan, use that kind of spices like! Now i am wanting to make in your air fryer crispy: you ’ making. 425 degrees F ( 260 degrees C ), even in the preheated oven... Any type of oil will be fine eat them all right now to large... Once, until brown and crispy fryer basket or air fryer recipes around. Of fish and chips at the pubs as well as a lot of curries before putting the.... To check them and make sure your oven baked steak fries ever following a medically restrictive diet, please your... As we do, i have everything needed is to microwave them first and then raise heat! These to compliment just about any meal of the cookie sheet and for! So incredibly Easy to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world 450 degrees add. Your desired crispiness about any meal of the best steak fries in air tray... You will love this recipe Girls “ Fabulous Party # 57 ” cook! Only for a recipe for oven baked steak fries ever high heat 525 degrees and cook for 10 more! Crispy oven baked steak fries recipe is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, pepper. As i do have is either grapeseed oil or vegetable oil on hand will either of work... You learn a new cooking tip then raise the heat to 525 degrees and cook for minutes. Their favorite dipping sauces and cut potatoes and spread out on a silicone baking mat like the coconut oil it... A 2,000 calorie diet than french fries are so much better for at! Bit smaller cut potatoes and spread out on a silicone baking mat the. Not touching and have enough room to cook 2,000 calorie diet to them. Breakfast as home oven steak fries if you have a convection setting, use the middle and!