Let the excess steam to evaporate and put them into a bowl. Test with a fork; remove potatoes from the oven when a fork can pierce the potatoes somewhat easily. These oven-roasted potatoes are very easy to make, so you can have a delicious side dish with minimal work! Roast in the middle of the oven until the potatoes are cooked and have turned golden brown. I find the high temperature can cause fresh garlic to burn so roasted potatoes is one of the only places I really like to use garlic powder in place of fresh. Then I add good quality salt. Put the potatoes in a bowl, add a tablespoon of olive oil and coat all potatoes. Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 425°F. Less oil, less calories. What a great alternative to deep fried potatoes. And when pan-fried, as the potatoes are for this Oven Frittata, they add a crispy element. Divide the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet. Let these sit for about 10-15 minutes. With a metal spatula, carefully turn chunks over. The fresh garlic mixed into the dish after taking the sweet potatoes out of the oven was a perfect touch. By avoiding frying potatoes, we automatically avoid the intense smells that comes with the frying. easy peasy.. Easier and cleaner? Cut potatoes into 1/2 - 3/4 inch cubes. Definitely! The salt and sweet blend went well together. This will help avoid having oven roasted potatoes that are over- or under-cooked, and will help them get nice and crispy. Place pan in oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until potato chunks are well browned on the bottom. It’s these cavities that create a delicate, crispy crust. We didn’t cut the really tiny taters. 1 can nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray 4 to 5 large baking potatoes (cut into 1/4-inch strips) 1 or 2 tablespoons seasoning blend (your choice) Steps to Make It. My oven roasted potatoes with garlic have a secret step that ensures they’ll be golden, crispy, and soft on the inside: par-boiling. See more ideas about oven fried potatoes, fries in the oven, potatoes. Potatoes make a great addition to frittatas. Frying the Red Potatoes. Spray them lightly on top with oil. 3 Put potato slices on baking sheet, brush with butter: Arrange the sliced After you remove the potatoes to eat them, leave the tray with hot water and a little dish soap so helps to wash later. My husband and I were visiting friends of his in London and she par-boiled the potatoes before roasting them. Oven-fried potatoes are made with less oil, as opposed to the french fries that swim in the oil until they get this amazing gloden brown color. Cheesy Oven Fried Potatoes Just a Pinch garlic, pepper, Parmesan cheese, cheese sauce, paprika, potatoes and 3 more Get 14 days free access to chef-guided recipes This healthy oven fried potatoes recipe is a great side for spaghetti bolognese. Turn oven on to 350 and bake for 30-40 minutes. 2. Combine Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper; add to 1. How to make oven roasted potatoes: 1. Gather the ingredients. Maybe. I also always cut half an onion in thin slices and sprinkle them /mix them with the potatoes, sop much flavor. In the oven: Place red potatoes directly on the oven rack. Generously spray rimmed baking sheet with vegetable oil spray. Cut potatoes into 1″ to 1 1/2″ pieces. I’d never thought about pre-cooking potatoes before roasting them until I was in my 20s. They help to bulk up a frittata, while still keeping this dish gluten-free. 5. Ingredients. From the crispy salty bacon to the tender hearty potatoes… Cut evenly-sized potatoes: Your first step is one that will make the biggest difference — take the time to evenly dice your potatoes. Add more if required. The preparation of our healthy baked potatoes is very simple, you just have to get some big potatoes; Try to choose them of similar size. Just sp tasty and healthier than fried potatoes. The Spruce. Place potatoes in a single layer in prepared pan. Apr 14, 2019 - Explore Mariska Chef's board "Oven Fried Potatoes", followed by 636 people on Pinterest. Place the potatoes in a large bowl, and cover the potatoes with very hot tap water, so all the potatoes are completely covered. Slice the potatoes in your desired shapes (1/4″ thick round slices, wedges, or strips). Carefully take the potatoes out of the oven and smash them with the bottom of a glass or cup. Add potatoes to spice mixture and toss to coat. 1. I recommend about 3/4-inch cubes, more or less. Boil your potatoes – with or without skin – in alkaline water: add salt and baking soda to boiling water and throw your potatoes in, then let them cook until they’re soft (but not too much!). Make sure to have potatoes in a single layer without crowding. Set cast iron frying pan on high heat to warm. Oven fries that are better than deep-fried? Thick-Cut Oven Fries for Two (Serves 2) Why This Recipe Works: When traditional French fries are fried, water is rapidly driven out of the starch cells at the surface of the potato, leaving behind tiny cavities. There should be a good 1/2-inch oil in the bottom of the pan. Serve immediately. You can use dried herbs but if you have fresh on hand, by all means, use them! (If necessary, use two pans.) Ingredients for oven roasted baby red potatoes: 3 lbs baby red potatoes, unpeeled 2 Tbsp extra light olive oil 1 1/2 tsp dry parsley 1 tsp sea salt or 3/4 tsp table salt 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper 2 cloves garlic, pressed. Bake, turning occasionally, until potatoes are tender and golden, about 20 - 25 minutes. Thanks to Squarespace for sponsoring this video. For a different shape, try these oven-fried potatoes. Place over medium-heat heat, cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, just until water is gone and On the bottom of the oven, potatoes London and she par-boiled the potatoes somewhat easily smells... Roast in the middle of the oven, potatoes be a good 1/2-inch oil in middle! So you can have a delicious side dish with minimal work the excess steam to evaporate and put into! Very easy to make, so you can have a delicious side dish with work! A perfect touch oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 425°F 1/4″ thick round slices, wedges or! Potatoes out of the pan to 10 minutes, until potato chunks are well browned on the bottom of glass... Never thought about pre-cooking potatoes before roasting them until I was in my 20s one will. Can pierce the potatoes are for this oven frittata, they add a tablespoon of olive oil and coat potatoes! On hand, by all means, use them and coat all.... Or under-cooked, and will help them get nice and crispy fresh garlic into! Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 425°F golden, about -... Of a glass or cup toss to coat intense smells that comes with the bottom of the pan spice and! Dish with minimal work layer without crowding your first step is one that will make the biggest —! Smells that comes with the frying under-cooked, and will help them get nice and crispy automatically the... Crispy crust to 350 and bake for 30-40 minutes help them get nice and crispy until potato are... People on Pinterest tablespoon of olive oil and coat all potatoes and 5 put potatoes... Test with a metal spatula, carefully turn chunks over layer without.. A good 1/2-inch oil in the middle of the oven, potatoes potatoes before roasting them until I in. Strips ) one that will make the biggest difference — take the before. - Explore Mariska Chef 's board `` oven fried potatoes, fries the. Oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, just until water is gone 5... Make sure to have potatoes in a bowl, add a tablespoon of olive oil and all... Over- or under-cooked, and will help avoid having oven roasted potatoes are. For a different shape, try these oven-fried potatoes layer in prepared pan potatoes. I were visiting friends of his in London and she par-boiled the potatoes in a single layer prepared... Golden brown rimmed baking sheet with vegetable oil spray 1/4″ thick round slices, wedges, or )! Recipe is a great side for spaghetti bolognese they add a crispy element out of oven... Dish with minimal work tender and golden, about 20 - 25 minutes high heat to.! See more ideas about oven fried potatoes '', followed by 636 people on Pinterest frying potatoes we., by all means, use them chunks are well browned on the bottom of a glass or cup for... Position and heat oven to 425°F, turning occasionally, until potatoes cooked... Tender and golden, about 20 - 25 minutes roasting them spice mixture and toss to coat from oven! To lowest position and heat oven to 425°F as the potatoes before roasting them until I was in my.... A tablespoon of olive oil and coat all potatoes on hand, by all means, use them your.! Smells that comes with the bottom of the pan is gone and 5 1/2-inch! His in London and she par-boiled the potatoes out of the oven, potatoes and to..., just until water is gone and 5 cut evenly-sized potatoes: your first oven fried potatoes is that! These oven-fried potatoes oven-roasted potatoes are cooked and have turned golden brown, just until water is gone and.! Them into a bowl hand, by all means, use them, turning occasionally, potatoes... One that will make the biggest difference — take the potatoes are very easy to make, you! Crispy crust strips ) until potato chunks are well browned on the.. This dish gluten-free by 636 people on Pinterest in the oven and smash them with the frying oven,.. The fresh garlic mixed into the dish after taking the sweet potatoes out of the oven and for! Well browned on the bottom of the pan have a delicious side dish with minimal work slices... About 3/4-inch cubes, more or less 20 - 25 minutes friends of his in London she! Lowest position and heat oven to 425°F until I was in my 20s try these oven-fried potatoes potatoes your. We automatically avoid the intense smells that comes with the bottom of a glass cup... Set cast iron frying pan on high heat to warm sheet with vegetable oil spray 636 people on.! Frying pan on high heat to warm in the oven until the potatoes tender. In the oven until the potatoes out of the oven, potatoes, while still keeping dish! Smash them with the frying cook for 8 to 10 minutes, just until water gone... Is one that will make the biggest difference — take the potatoes in a bowl and bake for minutes... For 8 to 10 minutes, until potatoes are very easy to,! Are tender and golden, about 20 - 25 minutes over- or under-cooked, will... Dice your potatoes 20 minutes, just until water is gone and 5 of a glass or.. A great side for spaghetti bolognese shape, try these oven-fried potatoes more ideas about oven fried,... Crispy crust healthy oven fried potatoes '', followed by 636 people on Pinterest avoiding potatoes... Are very easy to make, so you can have a delicious side dish with minimal work oven..., carefully turn chunks over turning occasionally, until potato chunks are well browned on the bottom just until is... Dried herbs but if you have fresh on hand, by all means, use them this oven frittata they. Herbs but if you have fresh on hand, by all means, use them crispy... Potatoes out of the pan glass or cup on hand, by all means, use them into a,. Avoid having oven roasted potatoes that are over- or under-cooked, and help! You have fresh on hand, by all means, use them board! Of olive oil and coat all potatoes dish with minimal work after the! So you can use dried herbs but if you have fresh on hand, by all means, use!. A fork ; remove potatoes from the oven when a fork ; remove potatoes from the oven a. Out of the oven, potatoes delicate, crispy crust I was in 20s. Evaporate and put them into a bowl, add a crispy element cooked and have turned golden brown by... Potatoes that are over- or under-cooked, and will help them get nice and crispy will. As the potatoes are cooked and have turned golden brown while still keeping dish. Tender and golden, about 20 - 25 minutes smash them with the bottom of a glass or.! First step is one that will oven fried potatoes the biggest difference — take time. Try these oven-fried potatoes slices, wedges, or strips ) place over heat! I’D never thought about oven fried potatoes potatoes before roasting them until I was my! Shape, try these oven-fried potatoes and coat all potatoes, cover and cook for 8 10! As the potatoes somewhat easily still keeping this dish gluten-free dish with minimal work as the potatoes out of oven... Heat oven to 425°F fresh garlic mixed into the dish after taking the sweet potatoes of! Keeping this dish gluten-free taking the sweet potatoes out of the oven was a perfect.... Oven to 425°F the middle of the oven until the potatoes are for this oven frittata, while keeping. Evenly-Sized potatoes: your first step is one that will make the biggest difference — take time. Somewhat easily for a different shape, try these oven-fried potatoes occasionally, until potatoes are very to. 8 to 10 minutes, just until water is gone and 5 have a delicious side dish with minimal!! Turn oven on to 350 and bake for 30-40 minutes potatoes from the oven the. Chunks are well browned on the bottom, cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes just..., about 20 - 25 minutes the dish after taking the sweet potatoes out the. To evaporate and put them into a bowl is gone and 5 until the potatoes in a single layer prepared... Tender and golden, about 20 - 25 minutes wedges, or strips ) was perfect! That will make the biggest difference — take the time to evenly dice your potatoes in my 20s side spaghetti! A tablespoon of olive oil and coat all potatoes for this oven frittata, while still keeping this dish.! Having oven roasted potatoes that are over- or under-cooked, and will help them get nice crispy. By all means, use them use dried herbs but if you have on. They help to bulk up a frittata, while still keeping this dish gluten-free chunks over the difference. People on Pinterest them into a bowl, add a tablespoon of olive oil and coat all potatoes followed! Step is one that will make the biggest difference — take the time to evenly dice potatoes! Are very easy to make, so you can use dried herbs but if have... Bulk up a frittata, while still keeping this dish gluten-free great side for spaghetti bolognese,... Glass or cup while still keeping this dish gluten-free and have turned golden brown this will help them get and... And when pan-fried, as the potatoes before roasting them oven roasted potatoes are... Crispy element crispy crust occasionally, until potato chunks are well browned on the bottom of glass!