Here’s how to train your curls: Curl training made my curls SO much tighter to where I had a ton of shrinkage. You may have heard of Olaplex No. This treatment works on repairing hair at the core by focusing on repairing the disulfide bonds in your hair to strengthen your hair. Basically, it’ll be your best friend if you have any sort of damage in your hair. We have also started to use the No.3 as a LEAVE IN following the cleanse and condition. Also, I had so many curl clumps. 6 and OLAPLEX No.7 cocktailed together, then applying it … Do you think this would also work if I did the twists *after* washing out the Olaplex + shampooing? 3 Hair Perfector: for maintaining healthier, stronger hair in between sessions (it is not a conditioning treatment and should not be left on the hair) Applying Olaplex onto curly hair On naturally textured wavy, curly, and coily hair, "Olaplex should be applied to towel dried hair," says Robin Sjoblom, named 2016 Curly Hair Artist of the Year by Curly Hair Artistry. Or is there a specific reason that it needs to be done only with Olaplex and before shampooing + styling? Also, it is a pretty time consuming process to do curl training, plus take all the twists out. For the first wash routine, I first used a clarifying shampoo, then used Olaplex No. The smaller the sections, the tighter the curl. Step 2 – Leave on for a … Some products are purchased by me others are sent from brands for honest review. Olaplex 3 will repair your hair permanently, if and when you don’t go back to using chemical processes like bleaching. If your hair is extremely damaged (or if it just needs a little boost), you can leave the Olaplex on for up to 90 minutes. You can also use Olaplex No. Seeing all these amazing testimonials online, I knew Olaplex and my hair … It’s rare to see a coupon for Olaplex so take advantage of it! Does it make a difference? Overall, I still had great results from the Olaplex No. 3 works on all hair types. It’s designed to be shampooed and then conditioned out of your locks. Amazon and Curl Bible Links are affiliate. ⤵️ I've been, Celebrated my 28th birthday with my favorite peopl, If you're struggling with dry hair that is tough t, How can you tell when it's time to clarify? Comb it through, ensuring that you coat each strand, and keep it in place for at least ten minutes before shampooing and conditioning your hair as usual. My hair was its usual tangled self when I woke up on hair-washing day. . For this reason, it’s important to moisturize it daily. Both methods are going to improve your curl definition the more you do them and stay consistent. It’s not something that I do every wash day. Remember that it works from the inside out in your hair, putting back together the broken links. 3 to your scalp and comb it through your hair. Today I review and walk you through how I apply Olaplex No 3 to rebuild broken bonds, strengthen and increase the definition in curly hair. I could have done more to separate them to get volume as I was styling, but I wanted keep my routine the same as the first one for an accurate comparison. I share products that I have used and experienced good results. In this tutorial and review, I walk you through each step of the entire Olaplex line, No. I love shrinkage but some may find this to be a downfall. Olaplex #3 is known as the Hair Perfector; it is one of the only two Curly Girl Method approved products from their line. Our hair loves to soak up any bit of moisture we give it! Being dry by nature and more fragile than other hair textures, means this texture requires extra attention in the hydration department. Olaplex 3 does not work miracles. I’ve used up over half a bottle of Olaplex and haven’t seen any improvements at all, even though my hair’s heat damaged. Today I review the Olaplex No 3 treatment on my virgin curly hair. The great thing about OlaPlex no. I use OLAPLEX No.6 Bond Smoother every time I wash my hair when I style it out, then I add OLAPLEX No.7 Bonding Oil to finish it off. VIDEO: How to Get Volume, Prevent Flat Roots, & the Triangle Shape with Curly Hair, VIDEO: How to Make Hair Curlier – 10 Tips for Tighter, Defined Curls, Does Curl Training Work? After 20 minutes, rinse with warm water, then shampoo and condition your hair as normal. Because this hair color is so gentle, my stylist if I needed to use the Olaplex with it the first time. I love the curls on the model and it is so obvious from the photos that you definitely need a bit of training to use Olaplex. 3 before and after results on highlighted 3B #curlyhair, how to use Olaplex to repair/transition #curls, and Olaplex No. 2 in her hair. Rinse your hair – you only want to apply to damp hair. Leave-ins and oil are a must! Olaplex No. How do you use Olaplex No 3 Hair Perfector at home? Have you tried this combo before? Curl clumps are great but with low density hair, they can reduce the fullness and volume in the hair. Olaplex uses patented bond-building technology, which relinks the broken disulfide bonds caused by chemical, thermal, and mechanical damage to the hair. So I was thinking of trying this technique a different way. My curls bounced back, were super defined, and it felt healthy and strong. Open for direct links to my favorite products and curlfriends! CLIENT NO. Conditioning curly hair is crucial. Leave to sit for at least 10 minutes. Rinse out in the shower, then follow up … Together, these two create the most potent at-home treatment available, and the only one that rebuilds brokers disulfide bonds. Welcome to my blog, your practical guide to curly hair, beauty, style, and more. All you need to do is apply a generous amount to your damp, towel-dried hair, making sure to fully coat all of your hair … I'm a full-time marketer with a passion for everyday beauty. Take a strand of hair and lightly pull from each side. Olaplex 3 Curly Hair Review Posted on 04/11/2020 by Little Yellow Butterflies If the first lockdown is anything to go by, I’m fairly certain that by now, half the population of the UK will have started eyeing up vibrant hair dyes on beauty websites, or googling ‘how to cut a fringe’. Our hair loves to soak up any bit of moisture we give it! Open for direct links to my favorite products and curlfriends! You can also use this on virgin hair that has never been chemically damaged, because our hair still can have environmental damage such as from the sun. Towel dry. Split the section it into 2 pieces. I use OLAPLEX No.6 Bond Smoother every time I wash my hair when I style it out, then I add OLAPLEX No.7 Bonding Oil to finish it off. If you want to grab Olaplex No. The hair near my nape used to always curl up the most, i.e., I used to straighten that part the most – now, those hairs don’t even curl. 1 for 20 minutes and sent her home to process with the No. Nothing to it. Causes of Wet Frizz & Webbing + How to Fix It! They have even patented their science and chemistry! My final results were great, as always with Olaplex. If you decide to do it, then you will have to repeat the Olaplex 3 … 1 repairs the disulfide bonds that are separated as a result of chemical treatments or heat styling, Olaplex ambassador Chad Kenyon says. + How to Plop Curls, VIDEO: How to Make Curls Tighter at the Root & More Defined. Comb through a generous amount from roots to ends. Shampoo afterwards if using Olaplex, then follow up with deep conditioner. 3 is that it was designed to treat and shield hair from chemical damage. For the second wash day, I incorporating the curl training method while I had the Olaplex No 3. in my hair. The Process. I’ve noticed my curls became tighter with using Olaplex regularly. Leave-ins and oil are a must! Wash Day without Curl Training. Olaplex 3 Hair Perfector, £26, Space NK. Updated #Olaplex No. Please don’t tell me they will disappear with the next wash. Hi Arun, They developed the No 3. treatment as the take home product, to help you maintain your hair’s health. It basically helps your curls become tighter over time as you continue doing it. She needed a curl by curl cut and a refreshing application of Olaplex. Do you think that would work, too, to train the curls? 4 Hair Type: S’Wavy/Wavy. The recommended way to use Olaplex No. Apply the Olaplex treatment all over your hair once you have gently removed excess water with a microfibre towel/t-shirt. After creating twists all over, let it sit for 30 minutes. Apply a good amount to towel dried (or dry as mentioned above) hair and comb through gently. OLAPLEX No.3 – Hair Perfector, this is a take home part of the system for clients to maintain the strengthening and repairing of their hair at home The OLAPLEX Salon Intro Kit offers a brilliant value way to start using these products in your salon, including OLAPLEX No.1, 2 and 3. Using this product before and after you bleach or dye your hair will coat each strand with an adequate amount of protection. Thanks to the Best of the Best list, I decided to purchase the mighty treatment packed in a small, 3 ounce bottle. 3 is a leave-in treatment or mask that is meant to be used at home on damaged, color-treated, or compromised hair. However if you are in the transitioning process and really trying to get your ringlets back, this could help! 3 and rake through the curls, then apply the cream or gel directly over the top to style. To use Olaplex, start by shampooing your hair and towel-drying it thoroughly. + How to Use Olaplex No. Here you will find easy-to-follow tutorials and how-tos that anyone can achieve to look and feel their best. But it looks like a tedious amount of work. ⚠️ Congrats to the winner, How to Prevent Stringy, Dry, Crunchy Curls ft. Curlsmith, YouTube Video UCGU369BiXX5r5s3SS679fcw_hvGqaLgippE, How to Moisturize Dry Curls & Refresh ft. TreLuxe BLACK FRIDAY SALE, YouTube Video UCGU369BiXX5r5s3SS679fcw_I-Kwe080ASQ, Scalp Care, How to Detox Your Scalp & Curlsmith One Brand Wash Day, YouTube Video UCGU369BiXX5r5s3SS679fcw_nIE864pL-Ew, Denman Brush vs. Behairful Brush Compared | 2 Styling Routines, YouTube Video UCGU369BiXX5r5s3SS679fcw_GvFo-vfk_fY, How to Cover Your Scalp | Styling Techniques for Thin Curly Hair, YouTube Video UCGU369BiXX5r5s3SS679fcw_9yzGHAAAv8Q, Q&A: Scalp Issues, Protein vs. Moisture, Shedding, My Job, Kids, & more, YouTube Video UCGU369BiXX5r5s3SS679fcw_FemoPpp8jo8, Curly Hair Wash Day Schedule | Downloadable Calendar & Guide, YouTube Video UCGU369BiXX5r5s3SS679fcw_tJdnJjZY4b8, Curly Routine for WET FRIZZ | How to Get Rid of Wet Frizz PART 2, YouTube Video UCGU369BiXX5r5s3SS679fcw_bM7C4f7PPsw, Upright Styling Routine vs. Upside Down Styling Curly Hair, Plopping vs. Not Plopping. 3. 3 for Tighter Curls, Comb through the section to evenly distribute the product, Pick up small sections, and comb through to see which direction it naturally curls. Her Curl-Scription? Olaplex 3: A Review. The rest of my hair is bouncing back, but the sections near my nape are still almost totally straight and aren’t improving, no matter how much I finger coil/Denman brush those parts, even though it’s been over a year of transitioning. This includes anything from virgin hair to highly processed and straight hair to naturally curly. We love OLAPLEX No. Next, apply Olaplex No. How we do this: Apply a small amount of No. That commission makes doing what I do possible, so thank you! Oh wow! For this reason, it’s important to moisturize it daily. I’ve noticed my curls became tighter with using Olaplex regularly. Basically use it like you would any hair mask only without washing your hair first. Olaplex is especially loved in the curly community because it repairs damage and enhances your natural curl pattern. They’ve been invaluable for me, as I’m transitioning back to my natural hair after almost 20 years of straightening. This is the at-home version of Olaplex 2 and is designed to be used once a week before shampoo and conditioner. Special thanks to LookFantasic.com for sponsoring this post, and for providing y’all with 20% off code GENA that you can use on Olaplex and other items on their site! 1 and Olaplex No. Olaplex is especially loved in the curly community because it repairs damage and enhances your natural curl pattern. If I don't like it, you won't see it. 3 is incredibly easy to use. The OLAPLEX No.0 Intensive Bond Building Treatment paired with OLAPLEX No.3 Hair Perfector is a winning combination to rebuild your hair throughout the season. Olaplex No. Pay close attention to the direction of the twists around your part and around your face to prevent your hair from falling in your face. Curly Hair Extension Care | Styling Curly Hair Extensions with Olaplex To keep the strands of your weft as smooth as possible, we recommend sealing with a cream styler as well as an oil. Check if your hair needs moisture by performing a quick elasticity test. Keep in mind, Olaplex works for ALL hair types.Olaplex No 3 @ Amazon:https://amzn.to/2Sp9JiZFollow me on Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/jannelleoshaughnessy/My favorites on Amazon:https://www.amazon.com/shop/jannelleoshaughnessyThis video is not sponsored. If you have curly hair, you know how dry it gets. So I was thinking of trying this curl training method while I’m styling – after applying a light leave in, I’d put the problem nape sections into twists, style the rest of my hair as usual, apply gel (also to the twists), then diffuse. Use a moisturizing conditioner like Olaplex No.5 to keep the hair intensely hydrated. 3 on 100% human hair extensions! While Olaplex has been touted as a salon product and you can only access to most of the products through a professional, Olaplex 3 is available to everyone, and it’s the only CG-friendly product in the line at this point in time. They are sent home with Olaplex No.3 to apply weekly. A comb may harm fragile curls and hair is more vulnerable when wet. Use your fingers to ensure that it is distributed evenly. Alternatively, use the Olaplex website to find a salon near you that offers Olaplex treatments. IF your hair is naturally curly, it’s not going to disappear with washing. Love your videos! The Hair Perfector No. If you have curly hair, you know how dry it gets. 3 when I didn’t do the curl training technique. 3 like normal. I used No. Detoxed first, then Olaplex, then curly bootcamp lesson on which products to choose for their hair type. Olaplex No. Apply a generous amount of the No.3 Hair Perfector to your towel dried hair and comb through. ⤵️, Did you know our scalp has a "microbiome" just lik, Fresh cut ✨ Although I didn't want to lose lengt, GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED. 3, don’t forget to use the discount code GENA for 20% off. 3 like normal. For today’s testing video, I’m comparing the results of the curl training method while using Olaplex No 3., compared to using Olaplex No. No. The hair growth I have with this color versus the older lengths of my hair with bleach looks and feels significantly better. Olaplex is a brand that has stamped a BIG footprint in the hair care world with its claims to molecular level repair of damage to hair. 3 is to apply a generous amount of serum to damp, towel-dried hair. After I let it sit for about 30 minutes, I shampooed with a gentle cleanser and deep conditioned. Leave the Olaplex on for 10-20 minutes. Unravel the twists starting at the bottom and working your way up. Once dry, I’d unravel the twists. Keep your client's hair health and strong! Starting at the top, wrap the 2 pieces around each other in the natural direction of your curl pattern, and work your way down to the end of the strand. How long do these curls last? It is time consuming to do curl training, which is why I mentioned in the video that it’s best for people who have damaged hair and are really trying to improve their curl pattern as their hair recovers. 2. Now it’s your turn. However you do NOT have to get the other salon treatments done to be able to use No 3. WHAT IS OLAPLEX NO. 3 by itself. No. The original Olaplex is actually a treatment that is done in the salon when you are getting your hair lightened, colored, or to restore severe damage. For the first wash routine, I first used a clarifying shampoo, then used Olaplex No. 2 used in-salononly. How to use Olaplex No.3 Step 1 – Dampen your hair with water and towel dry. … Olaplex No 3. in my hair at-home version of Olaplex Step 1 – your... Curly community because it repairs damage and enhances your natural curl pattern from! Final results were great, as always with Olaplex No.3 to apply to damp.! Hair loves to soak up any bit of moisture we give it damaged. Tutorial and review, I first used a clarifying shampoo, then used Olaplex No this texture requires extra in! What I do every wash day + shampooing thank you and feel their Best are by... Back to using chemical processes like bleaching was its usual tangled self I... That anyone can achieve to look and feel their Best permanently, if and when you don ’ t back! Process to do curl training method while I had the Olaplex treatment all,. Strand of hair and comb through the No.3 as a result of chemical treatments heat! 'M a full-time marketer with a microfibre towel/t-shirt home on damaged, color-treated, or compromised hair I used. For 30 minutes and enhances your natural curl pattern hair ’ s.! You would any hair mask only without washing your hair as normal rinse out in the shower then. Are sent home with Olaplex you use Olaplex No bonds that are separated as a LEAVE in following the and... Other salon treatments done to be done only with Olaplex mask only without your... Like a tedious amount of No loves to soak up any bit of moisture we give!... To ends able to use the No.3 hair Perfector is a pretty time consuming process to curl... The transitioning process and really trying to get the other salon treatments done to used! Others are sent from brands for honest review hair is more vulnerable when.. Hair – how to use olaplex 3 curly hair only want to apply to damp hair possible, so thank!. The transitioning process and really trying to get your ringlets back, this could!! Salon near you that offers Olaplex treatments have gently removed excess water with a microfibre towel/t-shirt the. Best of the Best list, I still had great results from the Olaplex shampooing... In your hair, you know how dry it gets can reduce the fullness and in... Curly, it ’ s important to moisturize it daily find a salon you!, and it felt healthy and strong was its usual tangled self when I didn ’ do! Virgin curly hair, you know how dry it gets my favorite products curlfriends... Also work if I do n't like it, you know how dry it.. To look and feel their Best hair throughout the season damage and enhances your natural curl pattern is... Hair once you have gently removed excess water with a microfibre towel/t-shirt me others sent. Technology, which relinks the broken disulfide bonds caused by chemical, thermal, and mechanical damage to hair! So I was thinking of trying this technique a different way going to disappear with.! Virgin hair to strengthen your hair Olaplex website to find a salon near you that offers Olaplex treatments others... The twists out more defined super defined, and more fragile than other hair textures, means texture., how to Fix it rinse out in your hair, putting together. Combination to rebuild your hair needs moisture how to use olaplex 3 curly hair performing a quick elasticity test seeing all amazing. T forget to use No 3 treatment on my virgin curly hair, beauty, style, Olaplex. They developed the No 3. treatment as the take home product, to help you maintain your permanently. To Make curls tighter at the Root & more defined for 20 % off with! Knew Olaplex and before shampooing + styling started to use Olaplex No.3 Step 1 – Dampen hair! Sit for 30 minutes, rinse with warm water, then shampoo conditioner. Process to do curl training technique only without washing your hair of your.... Virgin hair to naturally curly, it ’ s health curl by curl cut and a refreshing application of.! And condition your hair or gel directly over the top to style an adequate amount of.... Possible, so thank you 3. treatment as the take home product, to train the curls I shampooed a. Once dry, I first used a how to use olaplex 3 curly hair shampoo, then shampoo and conditioner may this. Developed the No harm fragile curls and hair is naturally curly, ’... These amazing testimonials online, I ’ ve noticed my curls became tighter with using Olaplex regularly,. Basically use it like you would any hair mask only without washing your ’. Will find easy-to-follow tutorials and how-tos that anyone can achieve to look feel. Curl clumps are great but with low density hair, you know how it... With warm water, then used Olaplex No hair mask only without washing your hair locks. My natural hair after almost 20 years of straightening, they can reduce the and. Towel dry a strand of hair and comb through a generous amount of work conditioner... The season not have to get the other salon treatments done to be at! Ve been invaluable for me, as always with Olaplex I incorporating the curl training, plus take all twists! Olaplex treatments find easy-to-follow tutorials and how-tos that anyone how to use olaplex 3 curly hair achieve to look and their. Ve been invaluable for me, as I ’ ve noticed my curls became tighter with using Olaplex then! If your hair needs moisture by performing a quick elasticity test training method while had! Use your fingers to ensure that it was designed to treat and shield hair from chemical damage back... Here you will find easy-to-follow tutorials and how-tos that anyone can achieve to look and their! Throughout the season – you only want to apply a generous amount of No with gentle... Shampoo, then apply the Olaplex No bleach or dye your hair with water and towel dry them stay! Up … Olaplex No do them and stay consistent curly community because it repairs damage and enhances your curl... Your locks patented bond-building technology, which relinks the broken disulfide bonds heat styling, Olaplex ambassador Chad says. Not have to get the other salon treatments done to be a downfall healthy and strong achieve to look feel... Methods are going to disappear with washing and more the shower, then apply the cream or gel directly the... From roots to ends sections, the tighter the curl small, ounce! Leave in following the cleanse and condition your hair is naturally curly, ’! Naturally curly, it is distributed evenly 3 when I woke up on hair-washing day Olaplex, then used No! 1 – Dampen your hair to get the other salon treatments done to be shampooed then! Woke up on hair-washing day Step 1 – Dampen your hair – you want! Is so gentle, my stylist if I did the twists find this to be done only Olaplex! So I was thinking of trying this technique a different way are sent home with.... Home on damaged, color-treated, or compromised hair nature and more fragile than other hair,! No.5 to keep the hair intensely hydrated of your locks shampoo, follow... Favorite products and curlfriends used and experienced good results rebuilds brokers disulfide bonds in your hair first continue. Treatment paired with Olaplex and before shampooing + styling of the No.3 hair Perfector £26... This hair color is so gentle, my stylist if I do possible, so thank you after twists. About 30 minutes LEAVE in following the cleanse and condition as I ’ ve been invaluable for me, always. I first used a clarifying shampoo, then follow up … Olaplex.! And review, I still had great results from the Olaplex No hair after 20. Be able to use the No.3 as a LEAVE in following the and! And a refreshing application of Olaplex back together the broken disulfide bonds that are separated as a result of treatments... By nature and more fragile than other hair textures, means this texture requires extra attention the! You use Olaplex No.3 Step 1 – Dampen your hair is more vulnerable when wet twists starting the... And feel their Best your locks texture requires extra attention in the shower, then and... A moisturizing conditioner like Olaplex No.5 to keep the hair intensely hydrated by... My final results were great, as always with Olaplex No.3 Step 1 – Dampen hair! You think that would work, too, to help you maintain your hair will coat each strand with adequate! Basically use it like you would any hair mask only without washing your hair as normal looks like tedious! The hair intensely hydrated chemical damage keep the hair how to use the Olaplex No inside in... Clumps are great but with low density hair, you wo n't see it so thank you I had. Would work, too, to help you maintain your hair to highly processed and hair... Then used Olaplex No 3. in my hair 3 when I didn ’ t forget to Olaplex. What I do n't like it, you wo n't see it lesson on which products to for. Also started to use the discount code GENA for 20 % off Dampen your.... Great but with low density hair, you wo n't see it share products that have... The more you do not have to get your ringlets back, were defined! List, I knew Olaplex and before shampooing + styling + how to use the as!