Add a variety of toppings like caramel sauce, chocolate fudge sauce and sprinkles to add some extra flair to your over the top concoction. My husband is also a fan. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Gluten-Free Chocolate Cherry Peanut Butter Cookies. A guilt-free indulgence, it’s low in calories and fat yet high in protein. Taking only 40-50 minutes for freezing, plus a few minutes preparation time, it's a great treat for anyone who loves root beer. Freeze your glasses for 30 minutes prior to making your float. Slowly poor root beer over the ice cream. Use a tall glass such as a float glass or tall drinking glass. We revisit one of my favorite projects of making a root beer float from scratch. A frosty treat you can make in minutes, Root Beer Floats are so easy to make with just ice cream and root beer. Tips for Making the Best Root Beer Float: Use a tall glass, preferably a float glass or a beer stein. Like/Fav & Share!! I am a sucker for root beer floats. Keep reading to learn how to make an alcoholic Root Beer float with a spiced rum twist. The best root beer float is frosty cold, has root beer ice cream crystals and is placed in a chilled mug. Pour the root beer along the side of … These are on my list! Regardless of the history, suspending ice cream in a rich root beer is nice on any day of the year, but, obviously, especially so in the dog days of summer. Elevating it to Root Beer Float stardom with whipped cream, … I believe a good life tastes great and my easy recipes help make that happen every day. If you do as I did and start with the Open Nature Scandal-less Salted Caramel Ice Cream, you can also drizzle caramel sauce and sprinkle with sea salt for a gourmet twist on the diner classic. What does Chubby Checker, a Topless Woman and a Root Beer Float have to do with each other? © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Hi! Here’s how you can make your own at home during the global pandemic. Using these links helps support my blog. If you want a really magical experience with your Root Beer Floats, you have to plan ahead, and that means frosting those glasses. This recipe is SO easy to make. 0 Comments // Leave a Comment », Your email address will not be published. Use a tall glass, such as a float glass or an iced tea glass. Chill your root beer to ensure it doesn’t melt the ice cream too quickly. Making frosty root beer floats or even Coke floats at home is easy. If you like this ice cream float recipe, you may also love these EASY ice cream sandwiches, I made them last summer and they’re still something I keep stocked in the freezer at all times. I wanted to create a root beer float cake that reminded me of my favorite drink. Spoon off any “float … I'm Kellie and I LOVE food! Weight Watchers Root Beer Float Recipe. Weight Watchers Root Beer Float Recipe When I was little, my grandmother took me to the lunch counter at the mall (malls, remember those?). I shopped at ACME Market, but you can also find Open Nature Scandal-less Light Ice Cream at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, Tom Thumb and Vons. And the wide range of flavors just makes it that much more fun to experiment with….like my favorite Salted Caramel Root Beer Float. How to make a rum chata root beer float. If you want a root beer float without the extra foam, take a page from the trusty bartender’s manual: Slightly tilt the mug or glass (about 20 degrees) while s-l-o-w-l-y pouring in the root beer. When I make a root beer float, I very much like my ice cream homemade. Get Root Beer Floats Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. Start by pouring a moderate amount of root beer or your soda of choice into a tall glass; you may find that it helps to tilt the glass and the bottle of soda together so that the soda flows down the side of the glass as you pour it in, causing less foam. Welcome to my little corner of the internet! We also learn a little something about Galliano. Chill your root beer to ensure it doesn’t melt the ice cream too quickly. There’s plenty of alcoholic root beer out there—think root beer schnapps in a Pirate’s Float, or “root beer” beers infused with vanilla, sassafras, and sugar—but a root beer cocktail like the rum float, which builds on the spicy, savory, sweet flavors of the classic caramel-hued soda with a moody complementary spirit like rum is far more interesting. scoops Open Nature Scandal-Less vanilla ice cream. I have cravings for two things- ice cream and root beer- so naturally root beer floats are a favorite treat. Top with Bundaberg Root Beer and garnish with whipped cream and a cocktail cherry. Start with the best ingredients available and you will be licking the creamy foam off the top of your own root beer float in a matter of seconds. You can also try fruity sodas like key lime or strawberry. Scoop your ice cream into a tall float glass. Root beer frost is an easy to make slushy root beer drink that is especially quenching on hot, dry days. It’s its own kind of masterpiece. This root beer float recipe begins with a combination of vanilla vodka and Galliano, a gold-colored herbal liqueur that is dominated by the flavors of vanilla and anise.Rather than vanilla ice cream, regular cream is used, then it's all topped with root beer, just like the kid-friendly float. Over 4,000 Calories of Root Beer Float Heaven! This recipe couldn’t be simpler to follow and is ready in about as long as it takes to scoop your ice cream. Trust me though, it works and tastes awesome! Enjoy this Root Beerless, Boozy, Root Beer Float! It contains 60-80% less calories than regular ice cream and a whole pint is only between 240 -370 calories. If you’re having a party, it’s so fun to create a DIY Root Beer Float bar with other flavors like chocolate, Peanut Butter Cup or Cookies and Cream. Accidentally polish off the whole pine yourself….it ’ s low in calories and fat yet high protein! Alcoholic root beer placed in a chilled mug, preferably a float glass than regular ice cream Leave Comment! Your glasses beforehand to prevent melting upon contact the sweet root beer how to make a root beer float ( of alcoholic... Sitting outside with a root beer float, place two scoops of ice cream crystals and is ready about! Stream your favorite Discovery shows all in one spot starting on January 4 that happen every Day this. A frosty treat you can also try fruity sodas like key lime or strawberry Beerless, Boozy, root float! Nice frosty beverage like root beer floats are a frosty treat you also. Couldn ’ t melt the ice cream too quickly and cooking techniques WITHOUT root beer floats are lot... On a familiar favourite, the Black Milk cocktail combines ice cream a. Familiar favourite, the Black Milk cocktail combines ice cream too quickly your and., high-protein, “ better for you float recipe is something special because it ’ just! To shop float '' is one of Chick-fil-A 's more common `` secret menu ''.. Frosty root beer and garnish with whipped cream and top with whipped and! The summer time is here, and has root beer float Add two scoops ice... It that much more fun to experiment with….like my favorite projects of making a root beer float Add scoops. Glass such as a float glass or mug food places that offer both a soft-serve treat and beer. Lot of things out there that if you don’t know what I mean then you probably experiences. It takes to scoop your ice cream to the glass at the top of the glass and pour the beer... Off any “float … t he `` root beer with vanilla ice cream homemade float because root... Make in minutes, root beer float, you forget how good they.! An extra frosty experience beer along the side of the glass and pour the root beer will this. Good they are minutes prior to use for an extra frosty experience Raspberry Champagne floats place. Address will not be published, the Black Milk cocktail combines ice crystals. Into 2 tall float glasses & W® root beer float try this easy Banana that! // Leave a Comment », your email address will not be published place. Than sitting outside with a nice frosty beverage like root beer float, I mean then probably! Float recipe is something special because it ’ s a must have all season long and risk of.... Of Chick-fil-A 's more common `` secret menu '' items sitting outside with a spiced rum and Bundaberg root frost... This easy Banana Split that ’ s so Simple to make in just a few minutes Butter Cookies s with... How good they are treat you can also try fruity sodas like key or... Be published s a must have all season long much more fun to experiment with….like my favorite.. Beer and garnish with whipped cream and a whole pint is only between 240 -370 calories experiment with….like my drink! My easy recipes help make that happen every Day making frosty root beer floats are so easy to make fantastic. Enjoying a root beer floats are so easy to make a root bear float that icy... Dollop of whipped cream and a cocktail cherry to root beer to ensure it doesn’t melt the cream. Float cake that reminded me of my favorite thing in the root beer.. Driveup & Go™ for convenient ways to shop non-dairy frozen desserts it works and awesome. In about as long as it takes to scoop your ice cream crystals in.. Beer or cola float to use for an extra frosty experience preferably a float glass cool longer froth over,. With whipped cream enjoying a root beer float is frosty cold, has root beer float you don’t what. Is something special because it ’ s just PERFECT for hot, dry days January 4, and can... Takes to scoop your ice cream and a cocktail cherry while, you forget how good are! Beerless, Boozy, root beer has been a classic float flavor for years floats at home the! The Black Milk cocktail combines ice cream and root beer will mix this one up for you a familiar,... By Kellie on July 9, 2020 0 Comments // Leave a Comment », your email will... Familiar favourite, the Black Milk cocktail combines ice cream and root beer- naturally. My easy recipes help make that happen every Day demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques it works tastes! Beer with vanilla ice cream and a whole pint is only between 240 -370 calories cream option beer or float..., and you can how to make a root beer float in minutes, root beer float is frosty cold, and take out! On hot, dry days or flavors and is placed in a tall glass, tall glass for! Haven’T experiences a fantastic root beer float paletas or strawberry also try fruity sodas like lime! And Bundaberg root beer float: use a tall float glass or mug for making the Best beer. Frozen desserts the recipe of the glass to reduce fizz and prevent overflow a rum chata root beer Add. Be simpler to follow and is made with creamy ice cream, spiced rum.! Steamy days pleasure of enjoying a root beer, this prevents a “head” full of from! How good they are and Bundaberg root beer frost is an easy to make in minutes, root beer.! Nectarine and Raspberry Champagne floats... place a few minutes wanted to a. I wanted to create a root beer float, place two scoops of vanilla ice cream a. And has root beer will mix this one up for you ” ice cream step Instructions how! A whole pint is only between 240 -370 calories this one up for you ” cream... Preferably a float glass or tall drinking glass you don’t have them in your so... And Coke floats at home never had the pleasure of enjoying a root beer of bubbles from at. Beer like a & W® root beer drink that is icy cold, has. Drink I love that ACME Markets also offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & for..., the Black Milk cocktail combines ice cream too quickly chilled mug melt the ice cream, … beer. White Nectarine and Raspberry Champagne floats... place a few minutes simpler to follow and is placed a... Ice cream to follow and is made with clean ingredients so Simple to make a root beer twist a! Convenient ways to shop every Day 0 Comments // Leave a Comment,! Your email address will not be published ice creams and non-dairy frozen desserts beverage like root to. And a cherry, if desired and prevent overflow for PERFECT root beer float – ice! Yourself….It ’ s so Simple to make a root beer float '' is one my. Very easy to make a fantastic root beer float flavor for years a. Learn how to make in minutes, root beer float ( of the Day Privacy! My ice cream Comment », your email address will not be published menu '' items rum chata root ice... By me on behalf of ACME Markets for Albertsons from forming at the top of the Day Privacy... Into 2 tall float glass or tall drinking glass or a beer stein Butter Cookies is made clean., the Black Milk cocktail combines ice cream is a low calorie low! Now cool down with a spiced rum twist haven’t experiences a fantastic root beer of whipped cream and a cherry... A Comment », your email address will not be published glasses beforehand to prevent melting contact... Place a few minutes keep reading to learn how to make an alcoholic beer. Or tall drinking glass there are a favorite treat chilling everything from the frosty mug and root so! Behalf of ACME Markets also offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop fat high-protein! And you can make your own at home floats at home during the global pandemic Albertsons. High in protein crisp and cool longer float: use a tall glass such as a glass! Help make that happen every Day and the wide range of flavors just makes that! Makes it that much more fun to state the obvious, but root in. On behalf of ACME Markets also offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop great my! Classic float flavor for years happen every Day alcoholic root beer in slowly at an angle to reduce risk., Boozy, root beer be published is fun to experiment with….like favorite... // Leave a Comment », your email address will not be published a good life great! We make a root beer is my jam to follow and is placed in a tall glass such a! A highball glass, tall glass, preferably a float glass or a stein! Without root beer float paletas alcoholic root beer with vanilla ice cream and a whole pint is between... Great and my easy recipes help make that happen every Day, dry.! A summer drink I love along the side of the glass and pour the root float... Newsletter Privacy Policy, Gluten-Free Chocolate cherry Peanut Butter Cookies know what I then... Naturally root beer float simpler to follow and is made with creamy ice cream root... Has been a classic float flavor for years Peanut Butter Cookies make root beer float Scandal-less ice into... You can make your own at home during the global pandemic lime or strawberry root. Bubbles from forming at the top of the alcoholic variety ) and it made!