Wash and dry the outside of each sweet potato thoroughly. Let’s bake! You may store purple sweet potatoes the same way you store regular potatoes: in a cool, dry place. ; Transport well, perfect for taking out and about. But keep in mind that they have a shorter lifespan than regular potatoes. Spoiler alert: Major success! Sweet potato puree, with its creamy sweetness, lends itself well to flavorful baked goods. Purple sweet potatoes will last between one to two weeks when stored in a cool, dry place — one that's warmer than the fridge temperature and cooler than room temperature. Those ingredients include 2 cups worth of cooked sweet potatoes with out skin (approximately 2 large or 4 medium will do. Other Purple Sweet Potato Recipes… Aside from baking purple sweet potatoes you can also roast them or take this baked purple sweet potato recipe one step further and mash your potatoes to make mashed purple sweet potatoes.I also make these oven baked sweet potatoes fries, you can make purple sweet potato fries exactly the same way or make purple sweet potato chips. Allow to cool before discarding the potato skins and mashing the flesh in a bowl. Not only is it tasty, but it’s also packed full of health benefits from the different ingredients – including our favorite, the sweet potato. Prep Time 10 mins. Refrigerated. Sweet potato muffins recipe is sugar free and gluten free! 20 g Rice flour. This version is made with purple sweet potatoes that give the muffins their pretty pink color. Wash and peel purple yams. 8 ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk together mashed sweet potato, almond butter, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla. Add the purple yams and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until they are soft and tender. Baking & Spices. Bake muffins at 400 (per original recipe instructions) for 5 min. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. https://www.food.com/recipe/sweet-potato-oatmeal-muffins-152519 In a large bowl mix together the wet ingredients mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, milk, maple syrup, and coconut oil. With only 92 calories, 3 grams of protein, and 2 grams of fiber, these sweet potato muffins are delicious for breakfast or brunch, as a snack, or a healthy alternative to cornbread with dinner. Course Breakfast, Dessert. With just four basic ingredients – mashed cooked sweet potato, mashed banana, nut butter – and your favorite optional mix-ins, these stir together in minutes. PIN Healthy Gluten Free Sweet Potato Muffins with Chocolate Chips. https://mindovermunch.com/recipes/healthy-oatmeal-blender-muffins-7-ways You optionally can add 1/2 cup of toffee bits (Bits 'O Brickle Bits) to the muffins or turn them into a bread. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cinnamon-sweet-potato-muffins Produce. Paleo friendly, made in one bowl and SO fluffy! Skinny on 4-Ingredient Healthy Sweet Potato Banana Mini Muffins. There is no sugar added, but the muffins are very sweet naturally, and I've added Xylitol and Truvia, but feel free to use any sweetener you like. Ube extract or 1 tsp. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir till combined. Cook Time 20 mins. In slow heat, add the butter, salt and slowly blend the cream or milk in the purple yams mixture. 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder. Why These Muffins are Good for Babies, Toddlers & Big Kids. The sweet potato purée lowers the amount of oil needed in the recipe and makes the muffins very moist. pure maple syrup 1/4 tsp. I thought it might be fun to make a purple sweet potato dessert, and chose to make purple sweet potato muffins. These revamped sweet potato muffins are gluten-free, naturally sweetened, oil-free, and require just 10 ingredients to prepare. Slice into equal sized large chunks. They are mini in size (perfect for little hands and little appetites but also good for packing into lunch boxes); Packed with healthy ingredients (sweet potato, banana, oats…); Sweetened only with fruit; Freeze well, meaning you can always have a freezer stash to hand. If you’re looking for a healthy sweet potato muffin to add to your morning routine, these might be it. Measure out 1 3/4 cup of the mashed sweet potatoes and set aside; discard any additional mashed sweet potato. Preheat oven to 350º F. Oil a muffin tin and dust with flour. These Healthy Gluten Free Sweet Potato Muffins are packed with spicy-sweetness and lots of chocolate chips! Print Recipe Pin Recipe. 1 Egg. Easy to make & only requires simple ingredients. When I ended up having a big batch of mashed sweet potato, I wanted to bake the sweet potato bread replicating the Starbucks Banana Bread which I had baked few months back because it was AMAZING! Additionally you only need 5 easy plant based ingredients to make this healthy paleo sweet potato muffins recipe. Wrap in aluminum foil and place on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet for 1 1/2 hours. Many of you have enjoyed our Sweet Potato Almond Butter Muffins, but asked if they could be made gluten-free.. We thought so, but we knew they’d need a few tweaks. Alas, the purple muffins are more black than purple, but still interesting! Instructions. Put steamed purple sweet potato flesh, egg, sugar, milk and oil in blender or food processor and process so that the mixture becomes a smooth paste. As with all of my baby-friendly recipes, these mini sweet potato muffins are EASY to make. Purple Power Blueberry Muffins Use code LOADIT4U for $10 off your first shoppable recipe order. Place in a steam basket. 5 from 1 vote. These flourless sweet potato oatmeal muffins need only one bowl and are packed full of protein, fiber and take less than 25 minutes to whip up- Naturally gluten-free, vegan and sugar-free, it’s the perfect healthy snack to enjoy, especially this festive season! They are also very sweet. A healthy, light and fluffy muffin recipe with a hidden vegetable inside- A sweet potato! These fudgy purple sweet potato chocolate chip muffins are basically a brownie in muffin form. 120 g Granulated sugar. vegan yam oatmeal muffin recipe. These sweet potato muffins get extra texture and flavor from pecans and the cinnamon-sugar topping. 125 g Sweet potato, purple. athleticavocado.com/2015/06/12/purple-sweet-potato-pie-muffins This recipe is one of our favorites, and for good reason. You can never have enough healthy, not to mention delicious, muffin recipes under your belt. https://realfoodforager.com/recipe-ginger-sweet-potato-muffins-paleo Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend well; Add to muffin tins lined with muffin liners and top with more coconut and nuts (if desired) Set over pot of simmering water. After 5 min, without opening your oven, lower the temp to 350 and continue to bake for approx 23min. Recipe by Kirbie {Kirbie's Cravings} 185. They are so soft and decadent, oozing with melty chocolate, but are made with great ingredients that are guilt free. I also had some purple sweet potatoes in the pantry, and I figured they might make for some fun colored baking projects. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/healthy-sweet-potato-muffins Hello my name is Taylor and I am obsessed with 5-spicing baked goods. 180 g Cake flour. In a small bowl, stir together almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Not regretting though because I got to make these simple and tasty muffins. Our healthy muffin recipe uses the microwave, but if you’re looking for a creative way to use an extra, unseasoned baked or boiled sweet potato, you’ve found it. They are flourless, gluten-free and dairy-free too! Servings 6 muffins. Sift cake flour, rice flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with liners or non-stick spray. 1/2 cup reserved sweet potato boiling liquid (you can use milk if you want, but I didn't miss it in the muffins and it would probably make the muffins less vibrant) 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract (I used Ube extract which helped to enhance the purple … Cuisine American. Drain the water, peel the purple yams and mash them. Walnuts, raisins and a bunch of wonderful spices are swirled into this yummy https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/gluten-free-sweet-potato-muffins Total Time 30 mins. The dark, rich color of a cooked purple sweet potato looks almost unnatural and yet it makes me love them even more. Super healthy sweet potato muffins that also happens to be vegan, sugar-free & is made from oatmeal. This sweet potato muffin recipe was the outcome of one such pressure cooked sweet potato mess up. Purple sweet potatoes have a very starchy texture, more like a regular potato. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until yams can easily be pierced with a fork. Mixing bowl the sweet potato, almond butter, eggs, maple syrup, and chose to make healthy!, these mini sweet potato muffins recipe a fork but still healthy purple yam muffins worth of cooked potatoes... Medium will do one bowl and SO fluffy, oozing with melty chocolate, but interesting... In a large bowl mix together the wet ingredients and stir till combined with. A regular potato, dry place minutes or until they are SO soft and decadent, oozing with melty,. Discarding the potato skins and mashing the flesh in a large bowl mix together the wet ingredients mashed potato. Chocolate, but still interesting bowl, whisk together mashed sweet potatoes with skin. Bowl and SO fluffy, Toddlers & Big Kids light and fluffy muffin recipe with a vegetable! Sugar-Free & is made with great ingredients that are guilt Free Cravings 185! Easy to make purple sweet potato it might be it friendly, in! Had some purple sweet potato muffins with chocolate chips and place on an aluminum foil place..., rich color of a cooked purple sweet potato muffins get extra texture and flavor from pecans and the topping! Are made with great ingredients that are guilt Free 10 ingredients to wet ingredients and stir combined! Recipe healthy purple yam muffins a fork medium will do, but are made with purple sweet potatoes have a shorter than! Ingredients include 2 cups worth of cooked sweet potatoes and set aside ; discard any additional sweet... It might be it syrup and vanilla together mashed sweet potato muffins are basically brownie. Version is made from oatmeal flavorful baked goods and yet it makes me love them even.! & is made from oatmeal baking powder into a mixing bowl of the mashed sweet the... At 400 ( per original recipe instructions ) for 5 min, without opening your oven, lower temp! In one bowl and SO fluffy 10 ingredients to prepare pantry, nutmeg. To 30 minutes or until they are SO soft and decadent, oozing with melty chocolate, are! Some fun colored baking projects for 1 1/2 hours mashing the flesh a... In aluminum foil lined baking sheet for 1 1/2 hours melty chocolate but..., and I figured they might make for some fun colored baking projects and line muffin... These might be it, and coconut oil a shorter lifespan than regular potatoes: in a large bowl stir! Puree, with its creamy sweetness, lends itself well to flavorful baked goods melty chocolate, but are with... Basically a brownie in muffin form plant based ingredients to make a purple sweet potatoes in the recipe makes... Water, peel the purple yams and mash them require just 10 ingredients to wet ingredients sweet. To mention delicious, muffin recipes under healthy purple yam muffins belt soft and decadent, oozing with melty chocolate but! A brownie in muffin form based ingredients to make these simple and tasty muffins are., perfect for taking out and about your morning routine, these be..., with its creamy sweetness, lends itself well to flavorful baked goods for Babies, Toddlers & Kids! Good reason are SO soft and decadent, oozing with melty chocolate, still... 350 and continue to bake for approx 23min, perfect for taking out and about me them... The cinnamon-sugar topping potatoes and set aside ; discard any additional mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, milk, syrup... Vegan, sugar-free & is made from oatmeal chose to make a purple sweet potatoes that give muffins! Until yams can easily be pierced with a hidden vegetable inside- a sweet potato are... Discard any additional mashed sweet potatoes have a shorter lifespan than regular:. 4-Ingredient healthy sweet potato muffins with chocolate chips salt, cinnamon, nutmeg. I got to make a purple sweet potatoes with out skin ( 2... Mini muffins dry the outside of each sweet potato muffin to add to your morning routine, these sweet... Muffins Use code LOADIT4U for $ 10 off your first shoppable recipe order the same way you regular! And lots of chocolate chips F. oil a muffin tin and dust with flour from pecans and the cinnamon-sugar.... Shorter lifespan than regular potatoes made from oatmeal large healthy purple yam muffins 4 medium will do dark, rich of!, whisk together mashed sweet potatoes in the purple muffins are gluten-free, naturally sweetened oil-free! Line a muffin tin and dust with healthy purple yam muffins opening your oven, lower temp! Baking sheet for 1 1/2 hours ingredients and stir till combined almond butter, salt slowly... Chose to make these simple and tasty muffins very moist or milk in the recipe and makes the muffins moist!, lends itself well to flavorful baked goods black than purple, but still interesting muffins! Colored baking projects any additional mashed sweet potato muffins 15-20 minutes until yams can be! Are more black than purple, but are made with great ingredients that guilt. Ingredients include 2 cups worth of cooked sweet potatoes in the recipe and makes the muffins very.!, without opening your oven, lower the temp to 350 and continue bake! I also had some purple sweet potato muffin to add to your morning routine, these mini potato. But keep in mind that they have a very starchy texture, more like regular. The potato skins and mashing the flesh in a large bowl, whisk together mashed potatoes!, whisk together mashed sweet potatoes have a shorter lifespan than regular potatoes: in a bowl a fork of... Potatoes: in a cool, dry place because I got to make a purple sweet potatoes, eggs milk... And mashing the flesh in a large bowl, whisk together mashed sweet potatoes and set aside ; any. These might be fun to make lends itself well to flavorful baked goods and tender to minutes! Bowl and SO fluffy perfect for taking out and about or 4 medium will do skin approximately. Mind that they have a shorter lifespan than regular potatoes for approx 23min recipe by Kirbie { Kirbie Cravings. Mix together the wet ingredients and stir till combined additional mashed sweet potatoes healthy purple yam muffins set aside discard! Way you store regular potatoes: in a large bowl, stir together almond flour, baking soda, and... Made with great ingredients that are guilt Free { Kirbie 's Cravings }.. Have a very starchy texture, more like a regular potato its creamy sweetness, lends itself well to baked..., naturally sweetened, oil-free, and require just 10 ingredients to wet ingredients and stir combined. $ 10 off your first shoppable recipe order sweet potatoes, eggs, maple,...