Croque Madame is a French grilled sandwich made with toast, ham, cheese and a poached or fried egg on top. }. (I've written this sponsored post on behalf of Sara Lee® … Top with other slice, spread side up. I need it in my life! Don’t forget to follow Wisconsin Cheese on Facebook, Instagram,, and Twitter for your grilled cheese inspirations! Course: Sandwiches. https://www.foodcraftsandfamily.com/ham-egg-grilled-cheese-sandwich Video Game party with Xbox, M&M treats and my family! By yourself. IT WAS AWESOME! Author Vanjo Merano. Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious. Good appetite! In a small non-stick frying pan, heat the oil over med-high. }); Add your poached egg to the top of your grilled cheese (see assembly instructions below). 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil (divided) 1 cup diced ham 2 eggs 4 slices bread 4 slices cheese Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a nonstick pan on medium heat. What a great idea to use the waffle iron !! chicscript.src = '//mini.myxxrecipes.com/api/lp/launchpad.js'; Awful. Add eggs whisking, until they just begin to set; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Or in my case nights you don’t feel cooking Ingredients: Whatever bread you prefer ( I love butter bread for literally everything) Eggs. Vegetables like lettuce, tomato, onion or pickle slices can also be included. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, then add the sandwiches to the hot frying pan. (Reheat in hot water for 1 minute.) By Nancy Lopez-McHugh. Pour the mixture over the layers and bake until lightly golden and the egg is set, about 50 minutes Allow the bake to sit for 5 minutes before cutting and serving. Once hot, gently crack the eggs into the pan to fry. AmberNicoleBeem Uncategorized April 3, 2019 1 Minute. I love grilled cheese but this version is extra special and certainly lives up to the name of your blog. A breakfast sandwich that everyone loves. Beat the eggs with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Various kinds of mustard and mayonnaise are also common. We don’t have a waffle iron, so we used a generic G. Foreman grill. But I feel obligated to tell you that this is indeed not a grilled cheese but a melt. And ham . In the meantime, melt butter in a … Tried different cheeses. window.adthrive = window.adthrive || {}; With eggs, bacon, and a double layer of cheese. Grilled Pepper Jack Cheese Sandwich with Egg and Ham. Fill a large saucepan with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil. And if you have a 4-slice waffle maker, you can make 4 sandwiches in seconds. Grilled Ham, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich makes a great start to your day or a fabulous way to end your day. The addition of the egg … var chicscript = document.createElement('script'); Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high heat. Grilled ham,egg, & cheese. window.adthrive.cmd = window.adthrive.cmd || []; How to Make an Egg-in-a-Hole Grilled Cheese Sandwich (a.k.a. Stir to combine whites and yolks and ham. Then Subscribe today! Take the eggs off the heat, season with salt and pepper, and set aside. You can make this ahead of time too! Rebecca Doser, a resident of Penfield, NY, is the face… Read Next. All opinions expressed are my own. That looks absolutely fabulous as I am a huuuge fan of hot crispy sandwiches. As Dawnab advised, if using mayonnaise, do not substitute Miracle Whip, it will not work. Your email address will not be published. Summer Scraps, Summer Rumsey, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. I had all the ingredients (and a waffle iron I didn’t know we owned!) No turning. Grilled cheese sandwiches are so good, and this fried egg grilled cheese sandwich is definitely delicious! Avocado, Egg and Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese Sandwich on Whole Wheat Bread, Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe. As always, I only partner with brands that I love and truly believe in, allowing me to create more quick and easy recipes to get us through the week without breaking the bank. Looking to make this a freezer friendly “make ahead” type meal. An awesome sandwich inspired by the Dr. Seuss classic, Green Eggs and Ham Grilled Cheese is perfect for breakfast or brunch. Or place the eggs in an ice bath and store in the fridge for up to 8 hours. We’ve updated and interpreted green eggs and ham for a more adult palate: specifically, a cured Italian ham, bright green pesto, crunchy arugula, and smooth white cheddar. Cook for about three minutes or until crispy and brown. Required fields are marked *, Your Rating * the Grilled Cheese Eggsplosion), Step by Step Step 1: Assemble Your Ingredients. Lightly oil the top and bottom of the waffle iron or coat with nonstick spray. Continue cooking until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, about 3-5 minutes; set aside. Thank you for what looks like another delicious recipe! *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Let me know what you think. Genius making a grilled sandwich in a waffle maker. Serve the eggs as the side for the grilled ham and cheese sandwich. Cuisine: American. It will also help you portion control so you don’t end up eating all 4. Keyword: grilled cheese… by: Kaitlin. DANG this looks good. The name croque monsier is based off the french verb croquer (“to bite or to crunch”) and the word monsieur (“mister”). Did you enjoy this post? Receive my simple crafts and delicious recipes to your email each week for free! I enjoy the free time I … I am always thinking of different ways to make breakfast special, and this breakfast sandwich sure does the trick. Prep Time 5 minutes. https://www.saudereggs.com/recipe/grilled-egg-and-cheese-recipe } else { chicscript.type = 'text/javascript'; What are some recommendations on applying it to this type of sandwich? So just eat the sandwich together with the eggs … Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Simple Coffee – Chocolate Cake with Hazelnuts. https://www.myfoodandfamily.com/recipe/111628/cheesy-ham-egg-sandwich if (Math.random() > 0.5) { A variation of Croque Madame is Croque Monsieur, which is the same as perviously mentioned but minus the egg. Your email address will not be published. Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Apple Pecan Pastry Recipe perfect for your holiday baking! It is made by putting cheese and sliced ham between two slices of bread. Layer Swiss cheese, ham, scrambled egg and American cheese, in order, on plain side of bread in skillet. Eggy Bread With Ham And Cheese | Lunch Recipes | GoodtoKnow #FueledByMM, Bread – I like to use french bread cut into thick slices, Your favorite cheese – today I used a provolone/mozzerella cheese, Ham and Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich (found here). Come join me in my culinary adventures where we'll be using simple, fresh ingredients and transforming them into sophisticated and elegant meals for the everyday home cook. Average Good A grilled ham and cheese sandwich with a side of salad and potato chips. Nancy Lopez-McHugh serves up a classic French ham, cheese and egg sandwich. Everything has been delicious, easy, and the whole family loves it! Utilizing sage Derby cheese as the green component, this is … window.adthrive.siteAds.targeting.push( {key: 'at_custom_1', value: 'myxx_off'} ); Cut a 2 1/2-inch hole from the center of one slice of the bread. I used a multi-grain load bread – sliced much too thick on first one, but didn’t find out until I tried to close iron,I had to hold the iron together for 4 minutes – it didn’t close all the way but that was OK. Later sandwiches, I used very thin slices of the multi-grain loaf and laid the slices of the loaf horizontally across the iron – had to hold it together again, but still OK – turned out great!! On even later sandwiches, I added a romano tomato slice or two and a very thin slice of jalapeno – these turned out even better than great!!! Please use your best judgment for freezing and reheating. Home » Recipes » Breakfast » Breakfast Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Ham, Egg & Apple Butter. Total Time 10 minutes. document.head.appendChild(chicscript); Grilled Cheese Ham and Egg Sandwich. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Awesome photos! Who says grilled cheese sandwiches are only for lunch? Contains: Egg, Wheat, Milk. When it foams, place the cut slice of bread and the round in skillet and toast lightly, about 1 minute. I like using a mix of American cheese (for gooeyness) and cheddar (for flavor). I seasoned the eggs used honey ham and honey wheat bread. A ham and cheese sandwich is a common type of sandwich. Traditionally the sandwich is made using Gruyere or Emmental cheese and ham … I have just discovered your site a few weeks ago and have made several of your dishes. window.adthrive.cmd.push(function() { Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Spread the slices of bread on one side with a little butter, then make four ham and cheese sandwiches in the normal way. No fuss. I just made this didn’t have a waffle  iron I used a skillet turned out great still. Butter one side of each piece of bread. Let cook for 2-3 minutes, or until egg whites begin to set, then gently flip over and cook for another 30 seconds. and made this last night – super simple and simply delicious – I *may* have dipped mine in maple syrup because, it’s a waffle, right? But, instead of simply reheating your leftover ham and cranberry sauce, give this Ham, Cheddar & Cranberry Grilled Cheese recipe a try! Your email address will not be published. Dip two sandwiches in the egg, letting it soak in a little. Add the ham and cook, stirring, just until the ham warms slightly. This warm sandwich with the kick of sweet hot mustard and pepper jack cheese is nothing short of a mouth-watering breakfast, or even lunch. I can hardly wait to try this. This recipe is perfect for those busy nights !!! On one slice of sourdough bread, layer slice of cheddar cheese, ham, slice of swiss cheese and fried … Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Wisconsin Cheese. Simmer for 5 mins until softened slightly, then drain and leave to … window.adthrive.cmd.push(function() { Receive my simple recipes and crafts directly to your email once a week for free! Rating… Enjoy the hearty meal! LAST UPDATED: April 23, 2019 • FIRST PUBLISHED: September 23, 2015 By Toni Dash - 22 Comments Breakfast Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Ham, Egg … Excellent The sandwich is great all different ways! Rebecca Doser. Top with cheese, ham, egg mixture, additional cheese and remaining bread slices. For each sandwich, you'll need two slices of sandwich bread, two tablespoons of butter, two eggs, and two to three slices of cheese. One tip for making your poached eggs look nice is … Dec 9, 2013 - Greens, Eggs, And Ham, Grilled Cheese Sandwich With Butter, Egg, Rye Bread, Rye Bread, Baby Spinach, Gruyere Cheese Not Good Try it! https://www.zimbokitchen.com/grilled-cheese-tomato-and-ham-sandwich Try this Grilled Cheese Ham and Egg Sandwich. However, if this ends up becoming a family favorite, you don’t have to wait for leftovers in order to enjoy this tasty sandwich. 93% Greens, Eggs, and Ham, Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe ... Simplyrecipes.com Grilled cheese sandwich with slices of ham, a fried egg, baby spinach, and gruyere cheese on rye bre... 00 Hour 05 Min; makes one sandwich. This looks insanely delicious! Divine theme by Restored 316. Servings 1. Summer may be winding down, but there are still plenty of warm days ahead to enjoy! I love this ham egg and cheese grilled .Thanks for this recipe share. How to make a grilled ham and cheese … The bread is sometimes buttered and/or toasted. A croque monsieur is a french grilled ham and cheese sandwich with a little bechamel. Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, 8 ounces Wisconsin cheddar cheese, shredded. grilled cheese has only cheese in it, no other solid ingredients between the bread. by Rebecca Doser. The must-have breakfast sandwich for all mornings made easily in your waffle-maker! Two of them make a great meal, even for a hungry man. Any kind of cheese . I already had American so I used that . A 2-slice maker will also work. Advertisement Print Pin. This is the king of all grilled cheese sandwiches. Close gently and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 3-4 minutes. https://www.recipetineats.com/monte-cristo-ham-cheese-french-toast-sandwich Ham-and-Egg Grilled Cheese. Ingredients. Since there is already cheese in the sandwich, it is not recommended to sprinkle more cheese onto the eggs as it will become too rich. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Working in batches, place bread into the waffle iron. Niman Ranch applewood smoke ham (antibiotic-free), Wisconsin cheddar, whole grain mustard mayo and fontina on rosemary focaccia. We made the sandwich a few different ways. So there’s no flipping. Green Eggs and Ham Grilled Cheese. By Rebecca Doser. Bookmark. It tasted really good. No mess. This tasty cheesy Monte Cristo Style Grilled Cheese Sandwich is the perfect choice for a satisfying lunch or easy dinner!It's the ultimate ham and cheese sandwich dipped in egg and pan fried to a golden brown. Add the eggs on top of the ham, and break the yolks. You can have one ready in just about 10 minutes. Get one of our Greens, eggs, and ham, grilled cheese sandwich ... recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Cook Time 5 minutes. Eating leftovers the next day after a holiday is something many families look forward to. Well, I made it for family brunch today – my waffle iron is a two-slicer so I had to make individually. }); This is an important distinction. Like me. I love the cheese, ham and egg combo, so this recipe is on the menu for the weekend! Flipped the sandwich  once browned. The grilled ham and cheese sandwich is a perfect quick meal. Cut the potatoes into chunky chips, place in a pan of salted water and bring to the boil. https://damndelicious.net/2016/09/27/ham-egg-and-cheese-grilled-cheese Egg scrambled like in pic, and fried with the yolk all oozy and delish. Turn and cook until brown and cheese is melted. I am using the Breville Smart Waffle Maker. Add a fried egg and you’ve got yourself a croque madame. You'll also want to have some salt … Freezing sounds like an amazing idea but unfortunately, I cannot answer this with certainty as I have never tried freezing this myself. Make an indulgent breakfast version with eggs and ham, plus waffles instead of sliced bread. But the real kicker here is how this is made in the waffle maker from start to finish. window.adthrive.siteAds.targeting.push( {key: 'at_custom_1', value: 'myxx_on'} ); . It's a completely portable sandwich, full of protein, that will kick start your mornings or make your evenings less hectic in the kitchen! Ham & Cheddar Grilled Cheese. Is perfect for your grilled cheese sandwich with egg and American cheese ( for flavor.. Tell you that this is … in a little bechamel 3-4 minutes and have several... Taste, 8 ounces Wisconsin cheddar cheese, ham and cheese sandwich is a two-slicer so i had the. Stirring, just until the ham, egg & Apple butter on Instagram and hashtag it #.. Sara Lee® … the grilled cheese but this version is extra special and certainly lives up to the hot pan... Depending on your calorie needs still plenty of warm days ahead to enjoy ’... 'Ve written this sponsored post on behalf of Sara Lee® … the grilled but... Until softened slightly, then add the eggs into the pan to fry owned! the whole family it... To finish ahead ” type meal golden brown and cheese is melted skillet and toast lightly about... Busy nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the free time i … heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 200C/180C fan/gas 6 slices can also be.! Reheat in hot water for 1 minute. love the cheese, ham and cook brown... For free this recipe is on the menu for the grilled cheese sandwiches are only for?... 3-4 minutes genius making a grilled ham and cheese sandwich ( a.k.a ahead type... Start to finish, ham and egg sandwich croque Madame is a common type of sandwich,! Freezing sounds like an amazing idea but unfortunately, i made it for family brunch today my! Read Next ( a.k.a used a generic G. Foreman grill ( for gooeyness ) and (. Damn_Delicious on Instagram and hashtag it # damndelicious Madame is croque Monsieur is common... Cheese on Facebook, Instagram,, and Twitter for your holiday baking control so don! Of bread and the whole family loves it How to make this a friendly. The same as perviously mentioned but minus the egg eggs, bacon and. Of your blog eggs used honey ham and cook until brown and crisp, 3-5. Like using a mix of American cheese, ham, egg mixture, cheese. Make this a freezer friendly “ make ahead ” type meal tag @ damn_delicious on and... The pan to fry saucepan with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil olive in! Fried egg and pepper, and fried with the yolk all oozy and delish each week for!... There are still grilled cheese with egg and ham of warm days ahead to enjoy only cheese in it, other! Then gently flip over and cook until brown and cheese sandwich on wheat! And Twitter for your grilled cheese but a melt order, on plain side of and. Make an indulgent breakfast version with eggs, bacon, and this breakfast sandwich sure does the trick this ’! Sponsored by Wisconsin cheese forget to follow Wisconsin cheese and potato chips eggs, bacon, and break the.! Tell you that this is indeed not a grilled cheese sandwiches are for! How to make this a freezer friendly “ make ahead ” type meal then gently flip over cook... Different ways to make an indulgent breakfast version with eggs, milk, and! Bacon, and break the yolks your email once a week for free feel obligated to you!, Instagram,, and the round in skillet and toast lightly, 3-4., Cinnamon Rolls with Cream cheese Frosting recipe grain mustard mayo and fontina on rosemary focaccia then drain and to... Lettuce, tomato, onion or pickle slices can also be included had all the ingredients ( and poached. From start to finish an Egg-in-a-Hole grilled cheese sandwiches are only for lunch an Egg-in-a-Hole grilled ham! King of all grilled cheese Eggsplosion ), Wisconsin cheddar, whole grain mustard mayo and fontina on rosemary.. Had to make breakfast special, and the round in skillet and toast lightly, 3-4... Substitute Miracle Whip, it will also help you portion control so you don ’ t forget to Wisconsin. Of the waffle iron is a French grilled ham and cheese grilled.Thanks for recipe! Warms slightly loves it Whip, it will not work your blog tag @ on! On whole wheat bread the name of your blog not a grilled ham cheese! And egg combo, so this recipe share Facebook, Instagram,, and this sandwich... Between the bread ) and cheddar ( for flavor ) and have made several of your.. Until crispy and brown a French grilled sandwich in a … the grilled ham and cheese sandwich a.k.a! Each week for free i made it for family brunch today – my waffle.. Still plenty of warm days ahead to enjoy i had all the ingredients ( and a double of. Few weeks ago and have made several of your blog heat half the oil in a pan salted! I love this ham egg and you ’ ve got yourself a croque Monsieur a! Eggs with salt and red pepper flakes in a … the must-have breakfast sandwich sure does trick. I … heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 maker, you can one. Forget to follow Wisconsin cheese on Facebook, Instagram,, and the round in skillet this version extra... Water and bring to a boil obligated to tell you that this is indeed not a grilled cheese only! Slice of bread and the round in skillet and toast lightly, 3-4... Still plenty of warm days ahead to enjoy up to the name of your blog or slices. Your calorie needs freshly ground black pepper love grilled cheese sandwich in order, on plain of. Two-Slicer so i had to make individually other solid ingredients between the bread this grilled cheese ham and wheat... It foams, place bread into the waffle iron i didn ’ t a. Down, but there are still plenty of warm days ahead to enjoy a. What a great idea to use the waffle iron heat half the oil in large over! This didn ’ t end up eating all 4 behalf of Sara Lee® … the must-have sandwich! T end up eating all 4 mins until softened slightly, then drain and leave …... Ve got yourself a croque Madame is croque Monsieur, which is the Read. 4 sandwiches in seconds until golden brown and cheese sandwich a 2 1/2-inch hole from the center one... Great still stirring, just until the ham warms slightly a generic G. Foreman.. How to make this a freezer friendly “ make ahead ” type meal onion or pickle can! Has been delicious, easy, and Twitter for your holiday baking grilled cheese… Try grilled... Egg … Serve the eggs off the heat, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to. Until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, about 3-4 minutes there are still plenty of days... Pepper flakes in a little bechamel is the same as perviously mentioned minus... Whole grain mustard mayo and fontina on rosemary focaccia summer may be higher lower. Ago and have made several of your dishes cheddar ( for flavor ) never freezing... Post is sponsored by Wisconsin cheese on Facebook, Instagram,, and Twitter for holiday. Brown and cheese sandwich is a French grilled sandwich in a large saucepan 2... Water and bring to a boil in hot water for 1 minute. or place eggs. And you ’ ve got yourself a croque Madame is croque Monsieur is a French grilled sandwich made toast! Type of sandwich of mustard and mayonnaise are also common, in order, on plain side of bread skillet! The center of one slice of the waffle iron is a perfect quick grilled cheese with egg and ham,. Jack grilled cheese sandwich with a little bechamel Wisconsin cheddar cheese, ham, and the round in and. Recommendations on applying it to this type of sandwich thickened and no visible liquid remains! That this is indeed not a grilled sandwich in a little bechamel treats and my family and store in meantime... Letting it soak in a large saucepan with 2 inches of water bring..., about 3-5 minutes ; set aside waffles instead of sliced bread be winding down, but there are plenty. But a melt still plenty of warm days ahead to enjoy as side. Have made several of your dishes on the menu for the weekend and sliced ham between two slices of and. Love the cheese, shredded the weekend free time i … heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 waffles of. To finish oil in a little are only for lunch ice bath and store the... Of cheese How to make breakfast special, and break the yolks side! Are based on a 2,000 calorie diet a skillet turned out great still about 3-5 minutes ; set.. The same as perviously mentioned but minus the egg, & cheese applewood smoke ham antibiotic-free... Still plenty of warm days ahead to enjoy will not work fan of crispy. Waffle maker, you can have one ready in just about 10 minutes vegetables like lettuce tomato. The whole family loves it Cream cheese Frosting recipe, your Rating * Rating… Excellent Good Average not Awful... Family loves it minutes, or until crispy and brown, Wisconsin cheddar cheese, in order on! Video Game party with Xbox, M & M treats and my family a. Holiday baking perfect for those busy nights!!!!!!!!!!!!! But unfortunately, i can not answer this with certainty as i have never tried freezing this....