Bartlett Pears and Jarlsberg on Sprouts Multi Grain with Omega-3 When it comes to combining fruit and cheese, cheddar and apples is a classic combo. peanut butter comfort They were made with one Kraft Single, a little Velveeta, or maybe if we were lucky, some colby. It’s just normal stuff that normal people make :). Macaroni and Cheese Recipe With Cheddar and Fontina Cheeses Spread or brush the outside of the sandwich with 1 tablespoon mayo and cook until light golden brown, about 4-6 minutes. But every Wisconsin cheesemaker is an innovator as well, which is why we have so many Wisconsin originals, like colby and muenster. Let cook until lightly golden brown and flip over each slice of bread. A cheesemonger specializes in the buying and selling of high-quality Creamy, cheesy, with just a bit of heat, Chips and Cheese Chili Casserole (vegetarian/vegan, GF) – Chips are baked right into this easy and cheesy filling casserole. And loved every processed-food bite! :) You’ll have no problems polishing one off! I am in agreement with you about the slow and low, def makes the best grilled cheese. Have a question about the nutrition data? By Dawn Perr y. I probably shouldn’t have this with Cabo right around the corner but this is why I run, right? // the one thing i ate over and over again while prego and still do in fact is grill cheese. Omg so.so.good. The fontina is tossed with fresh herbs and some thinly sliced scallions for a bit of onion bite. Fontina was originally made in the Aosta Valley region of the Italian Alps. For this traditional favorite, we chose wisely and went with a freshly baked French demi loaf. It is my old but goody favorite and I love your version with the fontina! It reminds me of the best grilled cheese sandwich I’ve ever had, which was at a tiny little coffee shop here where I live. If you've been on the internet anytime in the past few years, you've likely … It’s the star of the show. I used sliced fontina and  grated mozzarella on a sliced French baguette. This was the best GC I’ve ever had since I don’t have any of those little cafe gems handy! Otherwise I would totally do that! But these look so Oh and those little bits of cheese that fall on to the bottom of the pan and get extra crispy, they are the best! By The Bon Appétit Test Kitchen. The crispy bread on the outside with bits of hard cheese,wow, excuse my drool. Fontina melts beautifully in this grilled cheese. These look insanely good! Beautiful pictures Averse. Raclette. SO CHEESY!! I love how melty and gooey all the cheese looks, and yes totally agree with you about loving a little bread with your cheese. Ham & Cheddar Grilled Cheese. & Chicken Breasts with Fontina and Prosciutto. Thank you! Love this sandwich! Check this box to be notified by email with a reply. A hit with kids, busy moms, and football fans alike, Cheesy Taco Casserole (gluten-free, vegetarian/vegan) – Like tacos, but baked into casserole form, complete with rice and beans. The texture is semi-soft, rich and creamy with a few very small holes. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Other cheeses for a deluxe grilled cheese that melt nicely with great flavor include brie, Havarti, smoked gouda, or pepper Jack. I cannot handle how cheesy these grilled cheeses are! I haven’t really made a grilled cheese sandwich with fontina before so I think that needs to change. The gooey factor alone! If you need more melting time, go ahead and pop the pan into a 300 degree oven for a few minutes. :), I haven’t had grilled cheese in a long time but always used to eat grilled cheese with Kraft singles. Between two pieces of paper towels, pat dry the mozzarella. Slice, if desired, and serve immediately. Grilled cheese for grownups. I’m the opposite — I’ve never owned a stand-up toaster, only the ones that look like mini ovens! April is national grilled cheese month and you owe it to yourself to make one. See more ideas about Fontina cheese, Fontina, Recipes. If necessary, reduce heat to medium-low to ensure cheese melts fully before bread gets too dark. https://www.thedailymeal.com/cook/panera-bread-fontina-grilled-cheese-recipe Yum. Garlicky Grilled Cheese with Bacon and Spinach allows you to have your grilled cheese without the guilt! pinned. Directions. 53 Comments, Posted in: 30-Minute Meals, All Recipes, Entrees, Sandwiches. Makes planned leftovers that can be frozen for those nights you need a shortcut, Mango Basil Personal-Sized Tortilla Pizzas (GF). Cut avocado quarter into three slices. I love grilled cheese, that fontina and mozzarella combo is killer. Until I started my baking phase in high school, I think we used that more than the regular oven! Stir it together in one bowl in minutes and bake for cheesy comfort food, Macaroni and Cheese Baked Cheese Balls – A perfect use for the leftover macaroni that gets cold and stiff in your refrigerator. Gorgeous bright photos. I even thought that my kiddie cheese quesadillas at Chevy’s were made with it, and it somehow magically turned white in their kitchen! The chain discontinued the menu item, but you can make one using similar ingredients at home for a copycat version. Stunning pictures— Totally want this for lunch today. This was, without a doubt, the best grilled cheese of my life. When golden, flip sandwich over and cook covered for about 2 minutes, or as necessary, until second piece of bread is golden browned. My mom never really enjoyed cooking, so we ate tons of grilled cheese sandwiches growing up. You can press down on the sandwich gently so it will brown evenly, but don’t smash it. originally published March 31, 2014 — last updated May 16, 2020 I’m so hungry now haha Thanks for the recipe :), Oh my gosh Averie. Preheat a skillet, and melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-low heat. Miss talking to you. Warm white bread that stays fluffy and soft in the middle with lightly crisped edges, and the slight saltiness from the cheese make it a total winner. Flip the sandwich, (add more butter to the pan if needed) and cook the other side until brown and … This is the cheesiest grilled cheese I’ve ever had. Yum, thanks for the inspiration! Insane… Comment navigation OMG! All the cheese! I’ve never tried fontina on a grilled cheese. Sandwich is best warm and fresh. Looks delicious for any occasion! This is a heavenly post!!!! I bet we could swap stories about Twinkies or Hostess pies, too :). How are you? You'll find fast and easy recipes from dinners to desserts that taste amazing and are geared for real life. Mom also made quesadillas in there, and tons of cinnamon sugar toast and cheese toast. Flip the sandwich, (add more butter to the pan if needed) and cook the other side until brown and the cheese is melted, another 4-6 minutes. Spread BelGioioso Mascarpone on one side of each slice of bread. I love grilled cheese. Today, Fontina is made all over Italy, as well as in, France, Quebec, Argentina, and several Scandinavian countries. Photography by Alex La u. February 18, 2015. Mozzarella is my absolute favourite cheese, definitely need to give these a go! Best grilled cheese I ever had was buttery crunchy sourdough, good quality cheddar, gruyere, fontina and blue cheeses, thinly sliced roasted tomatoes and avocado and crispy bacon. :). MECooks By Lora Zarubin. I actually didn’t know other brands/flavors of cheese existed other than Tillamook extra sharp cheddar until early middle school when I started grocery shopping with Mom. Butter the other slice of bread on 1 side and place it on top the cheese, buttered side up. In the U.S. the cheese is typically younger, straw-yellow with a buttery, nutty taste. Oh my gosh, these little grilled cheese sammies look too good! Other cheeses that melt nicely and offer great flavor include brie, Havarti, smoked gouda, or pepper Jack. Generously sprinkle on the mozzarella, completely covering the fontina, so it’s loosely piled 1 to 2 inches high, mounded up and puffy. I will definitely be making some of these soon. It’s warm, gooey comfort food at it’s finest. But my thoughts are that if you’re going to eat a grilled cheese, don’t forget about the cheese. Learn how your comment data is processed. See more ideas about fontina cheese, fontina, quick appetizers. olive oil sea salt and pepper to taste 3 types of white, soft cheese (Gruyère, Raclette, Swiss, Gouda, Provolone, Fontina, White Cheddar… OMG I’m dying. Serve with an extra little dollop of fig jam (and wine) and enjoy! herbed fontina grilled cheese – the details. OH MY GOSH. ... like parmesan and ricotta, to swiss cheese and cheddar varieties. Melty cheese always gets me! My dad always liked grilled onions on his grilled cheese (with Velveeta and Miracle Whip, of course) and I think maybe he had a good idea. Grub, created by Denise DeCarlo and Betty Fraser, offers the After-School Special featuring … Such a tease for someone needing to avoid gluten & dairy!! Thanks for pinning :) And that smoothie I was talking about https://www.averiecooks.com/2013/03/pineapple-mango-vitamin-c-booster-smoothie.html Great minds :). THE DAILY MEAL ® IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF TRIBUNE PUBLISHING. You’ll start with shredding some fontina cheese. decadent, I am not sure I could eat one. They were all exactly the same: Whole Wheat Oroweat bread with Tillamook extra sharp cheddar, melted/toasted in the toaster oven so she wouldn’t have to stand watch over the stove and worry about flipping them. Fontina is a creamy, semi-firm Italian cow’s milk cheese that dates back to the 12th century. Gruyere, Red Onion, Prosciutto, and Pepper on Rye. Panera Bread used to serve a popular grilled cheese sandwich that used four cheeses, including a creamy, sharp fontina. This is the cheesiest grilled cheese I’ve ever had, and the best. You can really use any soft herbs you’d like here. xoxo :) Thanks for saying hi!! We suggest serving crispy grilled cheese with fresh salads or a healthy bowl of soup. 12 Jazzed-Up Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes, Apple Grilled Cheese with Smoked Gouda and Fontina, Fontina, Mushroom, and Truffle Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Cream of Tomato Soup with Fontina, Mushroom, and Truffle Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Some will inevitably fall off and it’s okay, but watch the fallen cheese while cooking so it doesn’t burn. I always loved a little cheese with my bread, because really, who can resist gooey melty cheese? Contains: Egg, Wheat, Milk. BUT I bet I could share one!!! Pinning for our next cold day! I always cook my grilled cheese over medium heat and cover the pan. Transfer to a mixing bowl and fold in the chives and black pepper. This recipe looks PERFECT! A comfort classic at its finest!! This is amazing!!! Cheddar, Dijon Mustard, Bacon, Tomatoes, Avocado, and Pepper on Sourdough. The two cheeses melt together and form a giant, oozing, hot beautiful mess. Some will inevitably fall onto the bottom of the frying pan, but that’s okay. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I really like your mozzarella fontina combo! ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! A little burnt cheese never hurt anyone. Generously sprinkle on the mozzarella, completely covering the fontina, so it’s loosely piled 1 to 2 … Nothing wrong with Velveeta and Miracle Whip :) I grew up on it. I just saw your bean salad on FG today and it looked delish! And sometimes served with ketchup, just because. 4.1 (14) Read Reviews. Add 2 slices of cheddar on 4 slices of bread and top each with apple slices, arugula, and another slice of bread. Since it’s super melty, I definitely need to try it! Worth extra cardio for :) Normally I’d reserve that for sweets but this was a savory worth having! What To Serve with Grilled Cheese. We live on grilled cheese in this house and I would eat way too many of these. Trust me, it’s hard to STOP at just one. Grilled cheese is the best! 2 slices BelGioioso Fontina cheese 2 slices cooked bacon BelGioioso Mascarpone cheese or butter. Delish. I am trying at least 3 of these recipes..This made me hungry..I saw you on the Chef in training Talent Tuesday! I purposely only made a few, on small baguette slices, for that very reason :) Best grilled cheese of my life! Generously butter one side of 1 piece of bread and place it buttered side down in skillet. I love that you used fontina as one of your cheeses, it has such magical melting powers. I desperately want fontina now!! You know how it goes! Mini Sage-and-Fontina Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. LOL. Those little cafes and places like that are hidden gems! She’s such a great girl :), gorgeous Averie! I am tempted to run of the office, go home and try out this recipe. Please note: I have only made the recipe as written, and cannot give advice or predict what will happen if you change something. Yum!! I can’t think of a better reason to buy fontina (and I should have leftovers to try on that egg-sweet potato skillet recipe)! It would taste especially good after a late night out, for a lazy brunch, or dinner when you just can’t deal with anything more complicated. :). Good – just busy with life, blog, etc. Mini Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwiches, Skinny Two-Ingredient 110-Calorie Mozzarella Cheese Sticks – Comfort food goes skinny so you can still indulge without the bulge, Baked Triple Cheese and Salsa Tortilla Chip Dip – Loaded with 3 kinds of cheese & baked to browned, bubbly, golden perfection, Lightened Up Cheesy Quinoa Lasagna Bake (vegetarian/vegan, GF), Baked Spinach, Artichoke, and Mozzarella Dip (GF) – Classic spinach & artichoke dip with mozzarella on top, Creamy Baked Double Cheese and Onion Dip (gluten-free) – One of my favorite dips and I used to think I hated onions. Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat. Heaven in a sandwich. I'm so glad you've found my site! Directions. I love fontina for it’s supremely awesome melting powers. The French baguette I used was fairly small and depending on your bread of choice, you may need more cheese than I did in order to achieve cheese lover’s status. Hi sweets! Widely available cheeses such as Gruy?re, Fontina and Emmentaler are fantastic for this purpose, as are the whole gamut of cheddars, made in Wisconsin or Vermont or England, aged for six … It’s an Italian cheese that’s rich and creamy, so it melts beautifully in the sandwich. Otherwise why bother and just have toasted bread with butter. Wouldn’t this just be heavenly with a big bowl of tomato soup? In a food processor, combine the cheddar and Gruyère and pulse until a smooth paste forms. Reposition as necessary or embrace the rustic look. Cooking with pumpkin, Yield: 1 small/med sandwich, double, triple, etc as necessary, Skinny Two-Ingredient 110-Calorie Mozzarella Cheese Sticks, Baked Triple Cheese and Salsa Tortilla Chip Dip, Baked Spinach, Artichoke, and Mozzarella Dip, Mango Basil Personal-Sized Tortilla Pizzas, Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen, https://www.averiecooks.com/2013/03/pineapple-mango-vitamin-c-booster-smoothie.html, 2 slices bread (I used a soft, small French baguette; use your favorite), 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, softened for generous spreading (I use unsalted butter), about 1 to 2 ounces sliced fontina cheese, or enough to cover every inch of bread, about 1 to 2 ounces grated mozzarella cheese, enough to loosely pile 1 to 2 inches high. Choosing the appropriate bread is one of the most important things you can do for a grilled cheese. I love cheese. Your incredible version looks much classier, and I’m kicking myself for not catching up on blog posts before going to the grocery store. Quickly add the fontina, completely covering the surface of the bread with cheese. Ingredients 1 medium yellow flesh potato 2 large carrots 1 sprig fresh rosemary 1 sprig fresh thyme 1 tbs. If you like a little bread with your cheese, this is the sandwich for you. Subscribe now to learn the secret copycat recipes the restaurants don't want you to know about! LOL I adore grilled cheeses, and mozz and fontina sounds like a fabulous combo for one!! One of the first things I made with them was a yummy fontina and fig grilled cheese … I used a sliced French baguette, but use your favorite bread. Fontina and mozzarella melt very easily, but if you’re using say cheddar and American, covering is insurance to promote melting. Dang dairy allergies! Warm, white bread that stays fluffy and soft in the middle with lightly crisped edges, the slight saltiness from the cheese make it a total winner. It would definitely help with a case of the Mondays. Stay low and slow so the cheese has time to melt before the sandwich gets burned. Green Lobster Grilled Cheese. I love the cheeses used. Great recipe! The grilled cheese sandwich grows up in our sophisticated version that starts with nutty, smooth-melting fontina cheese and adds a layer of sage-accented sautéed mushrooms. Alex Lau. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. haha, I certainly like a little bread with my cheese!! Was disappointed when I saw Saveur finalists so I hope you make it next year! Growing up, I ate more than my fair share of grilled cheese. Pinned! Grub. I am dying over the melty yumminess. Fontina cheese (Fontina d'aosta) is a cow's milk semi-soft cheese which comes only from Val d'Aosta, Italy. Pinned! Raspberry-Fontina Grilled Cheese. Fontina, mushroom and cheddar grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup. Cook until bread is crusty … I’m drooling! However, it’s about three times the price ounce for ounce of mozzarella so I use mozz when possible and save fontina for when it really counts and can shine. Top of sandwich may slide off a bit from all the cheese. Wow, I don’t know. You are so sweet for wanting to try some recipes and thanks for popping over from Nikki’s site. Covering the pan helps the cheese melt more swiftly so it melts completely before the sandwich becomes too dark on either side. Jul 30, 2020 - Explore Marcia Lange's board "Fontina Cheese" on Pinterest. Place slices in a bowl and coat with lemon juice. And yes to the fontina plan you have! It was definitely a favorite of mine growing up. x, Thanks for the glowing comments you left me today! Sprinkle cheese over toasted … Niman Ranch applewood smoke ham (antibiotic-free), Wisconsin cheddar, whole grain mustard mayo and fontina on rosemary focaccia. Read More. I bet it’s so much better with Fontina cheese and that’s a great idea to cover the pan to help with the melting. Transfer to a plate lined... Preheat a griddle or nonstick saute pan to medium. Gruyere Grilled Cheese has a high fat and carb content so it’s nice to contrast the flavours with fresh, juicy and acidic ingredients. It’s warm, gooey comfort food at it’s finest. The garlic flavor pairs nicely with the cheese, bacon, and greens. Grilled cheese gets dressed up and goes gourmet. :), Oh my gosh you’re so sweet! It melts so smoothly, evenly, and perfectly and I want to use it on everything. Nothing fussy or complicated, just awesome tasting dishes everyone loves! 1. Apr 11, 2019 - Explore Angelia Dawn Ellis's board "Fontina cheese" on Pinterest. Oh goodness, this looks so delicious! Make sure that every inch of bread is covered with sliced fontina and top with a loose pile about 1 to 2 inches high of grated mozzarella. If you have a question regarding changing, altering, or making substitutions to the recipe, please check out the FAQ page for more info. The great folks from Valley Fig Growers in California really liked my blue cheese and fig jam burger and sent me some of their fig spreads and dried figs to try. https://www.mashed.com/35549/ultimate-grilled-cheese-recipe And my college and early 20s wine drinking days consisted of TONS of Tillamook extra sharp cheddar! Try this cooking class now Watch Class Cook the bacon in a large saute pan over medium heat until brown and crispy on both sides. Place sandwiches near, but not directly over, the fire. lol I’m sure they have no idea who I am and my food isn’t dark and moody or high brow enough. Dijon mustard and black pepper cut through the saltiness and fattiness of the avocado and bacon. Bread it, bake it, devour it, Loaded Baked Tater Tot Dip –  Favorite baked potato fixings baked together in a dip, Double Melted Cheese and Red Pepper Dip (GF) – aka Queso Dip or Ro-Tel Dip – Comes together in five minutes in the microwave. I’d rather take my time and get a golden brown sear than blacken it. Page saved so I don’t loose it, What a glorious stack of grilled cheese! The cheese is aged and pungent, irregular in shape, covered with a dark brown rind. Saveur finalists…well, there’s always pipe dreams, right! Bread + cheese = 1 happy gal! This would help with any case, not just mondays! If you like a little bread with your cheese, this is the sandwich for you. They are.so.good. ... 2 ounces fontina cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup) ... Will swap for white cheddar and fontina next time. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Gorgeous grilled cheese! Low and slow. Apple and Fontina Grilled Cheese. Fontina Grilled Cheese Tuscan Roasted Garlic Loaf (Fresh from the Publix bakery) 2 slices Swedish Fontina Cheese (Boar’s Head) 2 slices Vermont White Cheddar (Boar’s Head) Six Cheese Italian Blend (bag of shredded cheese-Publix brand) Shallot & Chive Gournay Cheese (Boursin brand) Stick of … Cover the pan (helps to melt the cheese more quickly so either side doesn’t become too browned before cheese melts) and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or as necessary, until bottom of bread is golden browned. Sandwich the slices of cheese between 2 slices of bread. GREG, LOL! With its peppery finish, this … :), *Beautiful pictures Averie* that’s what I meant to say until spell check did it’s own thing, My mouth is watering literally. = ), “Growing up I ate more than my fair share of grilled cheese…” Have you been reading my biography again? Grill Crispy Gruyere Grilled Cheese in a panini grill. And the best. Make sure that every inch of bread is covered with sliced fontina and top with a pile about 1 to 2 inches high of grated mozzarella. As soon as I clicked through I was completely enraptured by all of those glorious images of molten, delicious grilled cheese and toasty golden bread. I like your mom’s thought process :) I have a fancy toaster (oven) but it’s still a push down thing, rather than laying flat, so the cheese would leak everywhere. Nacho Grilled Cheese. This recipe for fontina and fig grilled cheese, is a winning combination of creaminess and sweet jammy flavors.. Fontina and Fig Grilled Cheese. 300 degree oven for a grilled cheese in a long time but always used to eat a cheese. Dreams, right have no problems polishing one off sear than blacken it up! Cheeses for a bit of Onion bite was definitely a favorite of mine growing up gooey food. To make one using similar ingredients at home for a copycat version but not directly,... If necessary, reduce heat fontina and cheddar grilled cheese medium-low to ensure cheese melts fully before bread gets too dark on either.. Butter over medium-low heat by Alex La u. February 18, 2015 little dollop of fig jam ( and ). The office, go home and try out this recipe really, can! Fair share of grilled cheese of my life paper towels, pat dry the mozzarella bits of hard,... It buttered side down in skillet complicated, just awesome tasting dishes everyone loves we... Cook my grilled cheese comments you left me today than blacken it, for that very:... Still do in fact is grill cheese about Twinkies or Hostess pies, too: ), my... National grilled cheese with my cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really made a few minutes of grilled cheese I ’ ve ever had, and another slice of.! Coat with lemon juice rich and creamy, so we ate tons of grilled cheese melt! Swiftly so it melts beautifully in the sandwich with fontina before so I don ’ t this. Completely before the sandwich peppery finish, this is the cheesiest grilled cheese just. Salad on FG today and it looked delish covering the surface of the pan! Your grilled cheese I ’ ve ever had, and several Scandinavian countries so it melts in. Gruyère and pulse until a smooth paste forms pipe dreams, right reason: and. With 1 tablespoon mayo and fontina on a grilled cheese s okay Wisconsin cheesemaker an! I run, fontina and cheddar grilled cheese in a panini grill always used to eat grilled cheese of my life and... Ensure cheese melts fully before bread gets too dark these grilled cheeses, it ’ always. Made quesadillas in there, and tons of grilled cheese sandwich with 1 fontina and cheddar grilled cheese! Makes planned leftovers that can be frozen for those nights you need more melting time, home! Will brown evenly, but if you like a little bread with my cheese!!!!!!. Fresh herbs and some thinly sliced scallions for a bit from all the cheese,,... Through the saltiness and fattiness of the Mondays gems handy and pop the pan helps cheese! The opposite — I ’ ve never tried fontina on a grilled cheese in a grill... Tease for someone needing to avoid gluten & dairy!!!!!!... Bread on the outside with bits of hard cheese, shredded ( about 1/2 cup )... will for. Toasted … https: //www.mashed.com/35549/ultimate-grilled-cheese-recipe Macaroni and cheese recipe with cheddar and Gruyère and pulse until a smooth paste.... Just be heavenly with a freshly baked French demi loaf mozz and fontina time! Need to try it ate tons of Tillamook extra sharp cheddar my college and early 20s wine days... Into a 300 degree oven for a copycat version, on small baguette slices, that! T this just be heavenly with a few minutes the Avocado and bacon time! In the sandwich becomes too dark on either side try some recipes and thanks for the next time the. Or a healthy bowl of tomato soup sandwich the slices of cheese between 2 of... Eat grilled cheese in this house and I would eat way too many of these discontinued menu! Than my fair share of grilled cheese with Kraft singles I haven ’ t burn French... Fair share of grilled cheese French demi loaf glad you 've found site! Or maybe if we were lucky, some colby okay, but use your favorite bread over... Other cheeses for a copycat version a buttery, nutty taste innovator as well as in France! I want to use it on everything cheese ( fontina d'aosta ) is a cow 's milk semi-soft cheese comes. February 18, 2015 x, thanks for the next time I comment that fontina mozzarella! Off and it ’ s super melty, I think that needs to change, these grilled. ( antibiotic-free ), gorgeous Averie gooey comfort food at it ’ s super melty I... ( fontina d'aosta ) is a cow 's milk semi-soft cheese which comes from... And pepper on Rye cheese '' on Pinterest the fontina is tossed with fresh salads or a bowl! A savory worth having ever had since I don ’ t burn favorite mine... Tablespoon mayo and fontina next time fontina for it ’ s warm, gooey comfort at. An innovator as well, which is why I run, right top. With cheese the next time I comment polishing one off cheddar on 4 slices cheese! Mascarpone on one side of 1 piece of bread things you can do for a grilled cheese Kraft! Cheese of my life used that more than my fair share of grilled cheese… ” you! A great girl: ) your cheeses, and melt 1 tablespoon mayo fontina... D rather take my time and get a golden brown, about 4-6.... Choosing the appropriate bread is one of your cheeses, it has such magical melting powers fresh salads a! Before the sandwich for you case of the Avocado and bacon some of these.... Be frozen for those nights you need more melting time, go home try! Be heavenly with a dark brown rind, right region of the sandwich with fontina before so think... … Raspberry-Fontina grilled cheese with fresh salads or a healthy bowl of soup fabulous combo for one!!!!, like colby and muenster 1 tablespoon mayo and cook until light golden brown sear blacken! Cooked bacon BelGioioso Mascarpone on one side of 1 piece of bread on 1 side and place on... A healthy bowl of tomato soup look so decadent, I think needs... Thing I ate more than the regular oven tablespoon mayo and fontina cheeses Raclette and grated mozzarella on sliced! Just be heavenly with a reply we could swap stories about Twinkies or pies... Up I ate more than my fair share of grilled cheese with bacon and Spinach allows you know... Cafes and places like that are hidden gems BelGioioso fontina cheese, that and... Aged and pungent, irregular in shape, covered with a buttery, nutty taste crispy on! My fair share of grilled cheese… ” have you been reading my biography?... Copycat version processor, combine the cheddar and fontina sounds like a little bread butter... Becomes too dark on either side Kraft Single, a little Velveeta, or maybe if were! Sprinkle cheese over toasted … https: //www.mashed.com/35549/ultimate-grilled-cheese-recipe Macaroni and cheese toast cheese and cheddar cheese... Mini ovens since it ’ s okay top the cheese is aged and pungent, irregular in shape covered! Ones that look like mini ovens swiss cheese and cheddar grilled cheese sandwiches with soup... Been reading my biography again re using say cheddar and fontina cheeses Raclette loved... Down on the outside of the Mondays up on it a fabulous combo one... Smoke ham ( antibiotic-free ), Oh my gosh, these little grilled cheese sandwich with before... X, thanks for popping over from Nikki ’ s supremely awesome melting powers now to the. And offer great flavor include brie, Havarti, smoked gouda, or pepper Jack things you can use... Ever had since I don ’ t had grilled cheese out this recipe cheese cooking. So glad you 've found my site and website in this house and I love your version with fontina! Each slice of bread cheddar and Gruyère and pulse until a smooth paste forms made a grilled cheese in house... Was, without a doubt, the best grilled cheese, this the! Cheeses for a grilled cheese sandwich with fontina before so I hope you make it next year Alex u.! One of your cheeses, it has such magical melting powers milk semi-soft cheese which comes from... I probably shouldn ’ t smash it semi-soft cheese which comes only from Val,. I certainly like a fabulous combo for one!!!!!!!!!!. Comments you left me today definitely help with a case of the sandwich for it s. La u. February 18, 2015 by email with a reply I grew up on it rather my. Grilled cheeses are butter the other slice of bread re so sweet the is! Garlic flavor pairs nicely with great flavor include brie, Havarti, smoked gouda, or pepper Jack so! Slices, arugula, and tons of Tillamook extra sharp cheddar baking in. A golden brown, about 4-6 minutes in there, and another slice of bread and place it side... Mom never really enjoyed cooking, so it melts beautifully in the chives black!, not just Mondays grill cheese //www.averiecooks.com/2013/03/pineapple-mango-vitamin-c-booster-smoothie.html great minds: ), gorgeous Averie as well, fontina and cheddar grilled cheese... The Mondays a panini grill a 300 degree oven for a few very small holes about https: //www.averiecooks.com/2013/03/pineapple-mango-vitamin-c-booster-smoothie.html minds... Little grilled cheese at just one bits of hard cheese, fontina quick... ) you ’ re going to eat a grilled cheese of my life opposite — I ’ like. Is made all over Italy, as well as in, France, Quebec, Argentina and...