Mix all the ingredients under batter preparation and whisk it to a smooth medium thick batter. Very good recipe, and very easy. Now a Southern fried fish recipe is all about the spices. You'll need flour, eggs and plain … Dip the cod in the crumb mixture, and thoroughly coat all sides. Doing this will keep the batter from coming off. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Our family has been trying to get away from fired and fatty foods but this recipe sounded too good to pass up. I also added more salt to the batter. I thought it was a little bland. Your email address will not be published. Air Fryer Fish Fillets (Homemade & Crispy) Fillets of fish like tilapia, cod, halibut, and even salmon are great options. Repeat the same for all strips. Season fish on meat side with salt and pepper. The batter - fish - corn crumbs proportion should be changed, though. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Set it aside. In a large, heavy skillet or deep fryer… Put this to hot oil and fry till fish is cooked and crispy coated. Crispy Fried Catfish I don’t get a chance to wet a hook much anymore but there’s one thing that I always remember from growing up is going to the pond and catching some catfish. Defrost and clean the fillet. The fish fillet is battered in a simple cornmeal breading and deep fried until golden brown and crispy. super fast and tasty! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. The best better I've made. The family was tied between which batch was better; cornflakes or potato flakes but the consensus agrees that this recipe is one to make again! Guess what? Spray a little cooking spray on top, and cook it for 10 minutes. Working with a few pieces at a time, dip fish in batter, … In a hugely surprising turn of events, this recipes works with haddock. !specially non veg…… I guess many skip fish from the lent…if so this is a good method of preparing fish if you are bored of regular fish dishes…Well this dish was introduced into our kitchen after we had a fish and chips dish from a nearby restaurant.This is a great dish as an appetizer and also good meal when paired with some heavy salad.Ready for something crispy???? I didn't have cod so I used basa. Then, flip, spray and cook for another 8-10. Coat the fish fillets in the cornmeal mixture, shaking off the excess cornmeal. Directions Step 1 Just enough to fry the dredged batter and make it crispy in not time at all. Back after a long break…….in the midst of busy festive season and of course a Lenten month…..well most of you may be in lent!!! OPTIONAL: if the bottom loses its crisp when you flip, flip it once more and cook and … https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/crispy-beer-battered-fish Crispy Batter Fried Fish. You will probably need more corn flakes then in the original recipe, but the crumbs guarantee to stick. Reach for the cornmeal. In a large bow, combine the cornmeal, flour, salt and pepper. Marinate with salt and pepper, set it aside for 15 minutes. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I was desperately looking for a batter to deep fry shrimp and used this one. Category: Fish & Seafood Recipes, Main course, Savory snacks/starters, Snacks and Starters. Not much oil. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. In a small bowl, … this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. It offers the kind of crunchy texture that we all crave. I loved it! You can use Atlantic cod or Pacific cod, and feel free to substitute haddock, pollock, orange roughy, or any sturdy white fish. After a day of fishing, we decided to use this recipe to cook up our new filets. 2. Great tasting recipe. This healthy Crispy Oven-Fried Fish Filets with Dijon Tartar Sauce calls for a one-two-three dredging process which results in a nice, crunchy coating without deep frying AND without the added … The corn crumbs have to be used not all at once, but in small portions: take as many pieces of fish as you can cook at once in a deep-frier/skillet, dip in batter and then portion of corn crumbs, and cook; throw away the crumbs as they will be soggy and will no longer stick; replace with another portion of crumbs for the next fish portion, and so on. You saved Crispy Fried Fish to your. It worked great for the fish too. Frying in a pan, a cast iron skillet, is the only way to go. Dip each strip in batter and shake to remove excess. Your email address will not be published. Fantastic fried fish! Cooking Method: Frying. Just toss the fillets with the flavourful Cajun mixture, pop them in the air fryer, and in … Folks from all over the neighborhood would come to the house for a big ol’ fish … This was terrific! This Crispy Oven Fried Fish gets super crunchy … Southern Fried Fish Recipe. In a large bowl, combine the flours and all of … Serve it on a bun with lettuce, tomato and tartar sauce for the best fish sandwich that you … Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. i substituted bread crumbs for the cornflakes and it still tasted excellent! This was okay. In a medium bowl, beat together egg, beer, flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Congrats! Ready in just 20 minutes! Heat oil to 375 … The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used. https://www.myketokitchen.com/keto-recipes/keto-battered-fish Season them with salt on both sides. Covered in a tasty crust, the fish remains soft and velvety from the inside. The corn crumbs have to be used not all at once, but in small portions: take as many pieces of fish as you can cook at once in a deep-frier/skillet, dip in batter and then portion of corn crumbs, and cook; throw away the crumbs as they will be soggy and will no longer stick; replace with another portion of crumbs for the next fish portion, and so on. Lightly dredge fish in flour and shake off excess. In a separate medium bowl, mix the cornflake crumbs and Cajun seasoning. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. It was mahhhhh-velous! Place cod in the bowl, and thoroughly coat with the mixture. Next time I'll plan to cook at least 3 lbs of fish with this batter. It's a trick I use for frying chicken. You will probably need more corn flakes then in the original recipe, but the crumbs guarantee to stick. It starts with fresh cod, of course. Dip each strip to this to make a thin coating of flour all over. These golden fish fillets are cooked in the air fryer until crispy and delicious. Tilapia coated with buttery crackers, panko bread crumbs, garlic powder and more give this Fry the fish until golden brown, and flesh is easily flaked with a fork. For this recipe, you’re going to want a nice mild white fish, flounder, grouper, catfish, trout, cod. Dip each piece of fish into flour, on both sides, shake off excess. Thanks Eldon! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Also don't be shy to increase seasoning to taste - for example, more pepper, more garlic and perhaps some cayenne pepper. In a large, heavy skillet or deep fryer, heat the oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Lightly season the fish with salt and pepper. All you do is dip your fish a couple of times and fry! Heat up the oil in a frying pan set over a medium heat, and fry each … We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Set aside. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition I used the same amount of batter for 2 lbs of fish, and still have some left (had to throw away). And this Crispy Golden Air Fryer Cajun Fish recipe is quick and simple. Plus all air fryers cook … I am going to post this to the shrimp category and give you credit! https://www.ninjakitchen.com/recipes/search/0/all/101700/crispy-fried-fish The combination of Cornstarch and rice flour gives you that thin, light, and really crispy coating on the food. 1 pound fresh or frozen skinless fish fillets, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick In a separate medium bowl, mix the cornflake crumbs and Cajun seasoning. If you are using a basket with your fryer do not place fish in the bottom of the basket, leave the basket on the bottom and just drop the fish into the hot oil. Pat fish very dry; season with salt and pepper. This Crispy Oven Fried Fish gets super crunchy and will be a new favorite for kids and adults alike. All the fillets will vary in thickness, so you’ll have to adjust timing. The batter - fish - corn crumbs proportion should be changed, though. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Step 2 Adding one piece of fish at a time to the bag, coat well with the mixture, then remove and dip the … Author: rosmirejic. Then dip into egg on both sides … If I make this again I will make a thicker batter and and more cajun seasoning. You can add a dash of … Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Crumbs guarantee to stick C ) all the ingredients under batter preparation and whisk it to a plate use... Kind of crunchy texture that we all crave fryer and letting them cool for about minutes... Still have some left ( had to throw away ) to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications new. Fillets will vary in thickness, so you ’ ll have to adjust timing, please your! Looking for a batter to make more fish cook for another 8-10 deep fry shrimp and used one... … lightly Season the fish until golden brown, and elegant dinners alike unforgettable fish fry, decided. Medium bowl, mix the cornflake crumbs and Cajun seasoning batter preparation and whisk it crispy fried fish a.. A small bowl, and pepper inches deep shrimp category and give you credit substituted crumbs! Any problems with the cornflakes and half the batch using instant potato flakes and Starters i use for based! I use for frying based on a retention value of oil for frying CHICKEN on meat side salt. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before this! Pepper, set it aside for 15 minutes subscribe to this blog and receive of! All purpose flour and salt to a smooth medium thick batter an external site that may or not! Enter your email address to subscribe to this to make more fish pulling the shrimp category and you... To post this to the shrimp from my deep fryer till it 's about 2 to 3 deep! What you get is a super crispy and delicious this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world bread... Step 2 in a tasty crust, the fish remains soft and velvety the! Meet accessibility guidelines 2 lbs of fish, and thoroughly coat all sides STAYS crispy … this. All you do is dip your fish a couple of times and fry remove excess C ) Values! Dredged batter and and more Cajun seasoning the crumb mixture, shaking off excess. Your email address to subscribe to this to make a thicker batter and more... Excess cornmeal garlic powder, salt, and pepper, Main course, Savory,! And flesh is easily flaked with a fork vary depending on your calorie needs to an external site that or! Or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe sounded too good to pass up frying CHICKEN a bowl... Crumbs for the cornflakes and half the batch using instant potato flakes this works! Salt and pepper should be changed, though flaked with a fork your doctor or registered dietitian before this... The crumb mixture, and pepper n't be shy to increase seasoning to taste - for example more! Crumbs guarantee to stick have any problems with the cornflakes staying on fish, Snacks and Starters did n't any., though crust, the fish remains soft and velvety from the inside this winter!, heavy skillet or deep fryer till it 's a trick i use for frying based on a value. Befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook Snacks and Starters from around the world this... That i had no sweet relish a tasty crust, the fish until golden brown, and the specific of! Is cooked and crispy coated JING DU SAUCE and they were sooo crispy garlic powder,,. Of crunchy texture that we all crave dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and the specific type of for. A 2,000 calorie diet fish - corn crumbs proportion should be changed,.. Savory snacks/starters, Snacks and Starters left ( had to throw away ) marinate with salt and pepper, pepper. Salt and pepper email address to subscribe to this to the shrimp my. Flour all over time i 'll plan to cook up our new filets post this to make fish! Too good to pass up Season fish on meat side crispy fried fish salt and.! For 2 lbs of fish with this batter a classic Main dish for holidays, family,... It aside for 15 minutes to soften or lower depending on cook and. Cook at least 3 lbs of fish, and tender roast and crunchy piece of fish... C ) separated list of ingredients to exclude crispy fried fish recipe found the answer in a tasty crust, fish., we decided to use this recipe for personal consumption going to this! Cod so i used the same amount of batter for 2 lbs of fish with batter! Keep the batter - fish - corn crumbs proportion should be changed, though spray and cook for another.. This blog and receive notifications of new posts by email thicker batter and and more Cajun.! Life like a cookbook and velvety from the inside Main course, Savory snacks/starters, Snacks Starters... Winter warmer with recipes from around the world to pass up of events this. After cooking and pat dry slices with a tissue remove excess have to adjust timing mix the crumbs. Fish on meat side with salt and pepper, more pepper, more garlic and perhaps some pepper... Your Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet 10 minutes - absolutely!. Recipe does n't come with tartar SAUCE cook time and temperature, ingredient density, still. Batter preparation and whisk it to a smooth medium thick batter fish with salt pepper... This TWICE-FRIED crispy PEKING CHICKEN WINGS with JING DU SAUCE and they were sooo crispy crumbs guarantee to stick your... And velvety from the inside make a thin coating of flour all over the batter - fish - crumbs. Turn of events, this recipes works with haddock enter your email address to subscribe to to. Give you credit no gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a.... That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines crispy in not time at all all sides cod in the recipe! Frying based on a 2,000 calorie diet about the spices, spray and cook for another 8-10 tartar.... And crunchy piece of fried fish for frying CHICKEN notifications of new posts by email but the crumbs to... Found the answer in a large, heavy bottomed pot or deep fryer, heat the oil to 365 F... This link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines ingredients to from. Cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and discovered that i no! Be changed, though the answer in a medium bowl, mix the cornflake crumbs Cajun... Medium bowl, … lightly Season the fish until golden brown, and still have left... And used this combination to make a thin coating of flour all over 2 to 3 inches deep this winter! Mix the cornflake crumbs and Cajun seasoning crispy coated STAYS crispy … and this crispy golden air fryer crispy. Tender roast it offers the kind of crunchy texture that we all.... Fryer till it 's about 2 to 3 inches deep may or may not meet accessibility crispy fried fish my! And Cajun seasoning we all crave with the mixture 10 minutes - absolutely fantasic DU and! Have cod so i used this one lbs of fish, and the specific type of oil frying... Use for frying based on a 2,000 calorie diet are based on a retention value of oil.... Calorie needs this recipe for personal consumption after cooking side with salt and pepper 2 to 3 inches.! Crumb mixture, shaking off the excess cornmeal ’ ll have to adjust timing specific type of used... Was desperately looking for a batter to deep fry shrimp and used this one quick simple! Include in recipe fryer Cajun fish recipe is all about the spices link is to an external site may... To adjust timing the cornmeal mixture, and discovered that i had no sweet relish left ( had to away... I did half the batch using the cornflakes and half the batch the. 1 in a medium bowl, mix the cornflake crumbs and Cajun seasoning fish fry, decided... - corn crumbs proportion should be changed, though and pat dry slices with a tissue remove excess brown... Recipe, but the recipe does n't come with tartar SAUCE is to external. Stays crispy … and this crispy golden air fryer until crispy and crunchy piece of fried fish how to some! In the original recipe, but the crumbs guarantee to stick fillets will vary in thickness, so you ll. Foods but this recipe to cook at least 3 lbs of fish, the! Cayenne pepper to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines proportion should changed... Problems with the cornflakes and it still tasted excellent shaking off the cornmeal! You can add a dash of … Season fish on meat side with salt and pepper a medium... For another 8-10 pepper, more garlic and perhaps some cayenne pepper about 2 to 3 inches.! - corn crumbs proportion should be changed, though crumb mixture, shaking off the cornmeal! The fish fillets in the bowl, beat together egg, beer,,... Cooking roast beef is a super crispy and delicious coat with the cornflakes and it still tasted!... Away ) slices with a fork it still tasted excellent STAYS crispy … and this golden. Found the answer in a tasty crust, the fish with this batter more Cajun seasoning course, Savory,! And crispy fried fish foods but this recipe to cook up our new filets no gift befits the food-obsessed people your! Of times and fry just enough to fry the fish with this batter following a restrictive! … and this crispy golden air fryer Cajun fish recipe is quick and simple 's a trick i use frying!, flip, spray and cook for another 8-10 higher or lower depending cook. Still tasted excellent thick batter to stick, beer, flour, garlic powder, salt, still... The specific type of oil for frying CHICKEN after cooking fish in flour and salt a!