These iPhone icons can also be seen within apps, but instead of appearing white, they may appear black. In the upper-left network settings card of the Control Center, to the very left, is an airplane symbol. I reset all settings and it didn’t work. By Edward C. Baig, Bob LeVitus . You can quickly turn Wi-Fi on or off by tapping this icon. The fuller the battery icon is on your screen, the more battery life your iPhone has. I have an iphone 5 and iOS 7.1.1 (check @ settings/general/about). If your iPhone is connected to the internet via the Personal Hotspot of another iOS device. Launch the app that is displaying an alert by tapping its icon on the iPhone's home screen. In some cases, this is sufficient to clear the badge. I’ve tried everything on setting, I’ve restarted my IPhone, I did everything there is to try to get my messages working again,… Read more ». Preview and recover the missing iPhone messages selectively. If it is, move onto the next step! A new feature in iOS 11 gives you quicker access to iMessage Apps at the bottom of the screen, but if you never use them in the first place, they’re just annoying. colored. Download icons in all formats or edit them for your designs. A hollow icon means that your location may be shared under certain conditions. To close the Messages app on your iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe it up and off the top of the screen. Tap the Home button to leave Settings. When you touch and hold any of the four icons in the network settings card of the Control Center, a menu pops up allowing you to turn off or on not just Airplane Mode, but also Cellular Data, Wi-Fi, AirDrop, Bluetooth, and your Personal Hotspot. Some iPhone users who updated to iOS 11 can no longer see the "Message" icon in the share sheet when in apps such as Photos, which means they can only text or iMessage an image from within the Messages app itself now. Open the Settings app and tap General -> Software Update. If closing the Messages app doesn’t fix the problem, try restarting your iPhone. The clinically validated, doctor-supported BPM Connect blood pressure cuff is the smart way to monitor your blood pressure safely and accurately from home. iPhone Messages App Blank? Once again, if you have multiple Home screen slides or folders, it’s more than likely … I replaced my phone, did an entire factory reset, and software reset with Apple support and they are still unable to solve this issue. Changing to Night Colors: Open the Settings app on a compatible iPhone. Some of the latest icons you can add, with iOS 14 and later, include Sleep Mode (indicated by a bed icon), and Sound Recognition, indicated by a sound wave icon. Now, open up the Messages app and see if it’s still blank. Another app or program may have crashed the software of your iPhone, causing the Messages app to be blank. Icons Description; Unread Message (Text in Message list should be bold.) The free images are pixel perfect to fit your design and available in both png and vector. A DFU restore erases and reloads all the code on your iPhone, giving it a completely fresh start. Street, Suite 108 When the app opens, click on Enter Recovery Mode to reboot your iPhone into recovery mode. On an iPhone X, drag a finger up from the bottom of the screen to the center of the screen and pause there until the app switcher opens. iMessage icon badge on iPhone won't go away, any ideas? This icon shows the battery level of your iPhone. If present, that means you have an alarm set in the Clock app. It's easy to use and medically accurate, which makes it a must-have at-home health gadget to improve your blood pressure management. The sync circle icon means your iPhone is syncing with iTunes. The orange dot means an app is using your microphone. THANK YOU! I tried everything and this worked. The hotspot icon looks like two links in a chain. On the top right of your iPhone's Home screen you’ll see the battery icon. While it is still unknown why this is happening, a lot of troubleshooting procedures have been fruitless. The moon icon in Control Center represents Do Not Disturb mode. It’s good to know what every iPad and iPhone icon means, so you can utilize their features or make sure at a glance that they’re turned on or off. Access the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of your screen if you have an iPhone 8 or earlier, or down from the upper right corner of your screen if you have an iPhone without a Home button. Fixed. You can add or take away Low Power Mode, the Flashlight, the Calculator, Voice Memos, and more. The bubble is red when your iPhone is recording sound or your screen. This means that Do Not Disturb is turned on. Solution 2. How to Disable Red Number Badges on iPhone or iPad. When highlighted blue, it means your Wi-Fi is turned on. Here you can find a lot of apps developed to design cool messages with fabulous effects: background, colored texts, cursive fonts, colorful and textured bubbles, etc. Modify your iPhone message. Note: The recipient cannot see the background wallpaper on your Android phone. Toggle the Badge App Icon … ; Fix 2 - Check your Wifi network connection and Cellular data strength. These status icons are the same for every iPhone generation, whether you have an older iPhone 8, a newer iPhone 11, or the very latest iPhone. Here’s your guide to the most common iPad and iPhone status icons. Custom iOS icon packs for your iPhone. To disable these annoying number badges, head to Settings > Notifications on your iPhone, and then scroll down to the app you want to turn the notifications badge off for and select it. This Wi-Fi and Bluetooth-connected health gadget provides instant on-device feedback that's easy to share with your health care professional so you can limit visits to the doctor's office when possible. So, yesterday I was texting my friend and I accidentally clicked on “Deliver Quietly” and I tried fixing it, so I told my friend to spam me messages, and when he did, all of the sudden I stopped receiving his messages, but somehow I only get his images and it wasn’t working, so I told him to create another number and he said on an image that he texted me, but I got no message from another number. The DFU restore is a last-ditch effort to try and fix troublesome software problems. By iMore Question in forum iMessage Replies: 4 Last Post: 07-17-2016, 09:30 PM. Unfortunately nothing seems to work my message screen is still blank, what else do you recommend. Next, you can open up the Shortcuts app to create the blank icon.. 1) Tap Create Shortcut. dark. This is a quick way to double check whether your alarm is set for the next morning. Anyone can use this program even for beginners. Operator. When Orientation Lock is turned on, the icon will also appear on the Home screen. To see your Home Screen icons on all models of the iPhone X and later: If you own an iPhone X or later, you may have noticed that sometimes there's a colored bubble behind the time. When highlighted blue, it means your Bluetooth is on. The headphones icon means your iPhone is paired with wireless headphones or earbuds. From the Summary Panel, find the “Restore iPhone…” button and click it. Now available on iOS 14. Please don’t worry about any data loss, this would only erase all network settings. Once your account is created, you'll be logged-in to this account. Some of the icons in the Control Center are the same for every iPhone, but the icons in the bottom of the Control Center are determined by how you choose to customize your Control Center. However, you can also use it to save battery life if your iPhone is running dangerously low. Settings. When an app is using your location, you will see this icon (an arrow pointing up at a diagonal) on the top right of your screen. This is an ideal mode for working, going to the theater, libraries, and other places where you don’t want your phone to make noise. Choose disappeared messages on iPhone to recover. Find Your Model Number & Generation, Save Data on Your iPhone: How to Check What Apps Are Using the Most Data, How to Save (All) Pictures from Messages & Facebook on Your iPhone, What Is HDR & How to Use It on Your iPhone Camera (Updated for 2020), Live Photos: The Complete Guide to the iPhone's Moving Pictures (Updated for iOS 13), How to Refresh & Speed Up iPhone 7, 8 & X, as Well as Older Models, How to Power Off, Power On & Hard Reset the iPhone X & Later, Best Protective Cases for iPhone 8 & 8 Plus: Waterproof, Rugged & Tough. When you login first time using a Social Login button, we collect your account public profile information shared by Social Login provider, based on your privacy settings. You might also see 3G or 4G, which represents the same, although 4G offers faster data speeds than 3G. Conner Carey's writing can be found at conpoet.com. All the users who are stuck on the problem of messages disappeared from iPhone claimed that they didn’t delete any iPhone message manually, and the text messages and iMessages disappeared accidentally after some operations, such as updating to iOS 14/14.2, restarting or syncing to iTunes or iCloud. Launching the Messages app and closing it again erases the icon's red badge. When highlighted orange, your cellular connection is turned off, and calls and texts will not be received. Customize your homescreen with your own aesthetic. $20. However, it does not mean you are connected to a device, but that your iPhone is available to pair with a device through the Settings app. While Badge App Icons with attention grabbing red numbers are quite useful in attracting the attention of users to Unread Notifications/Messages, some users do not like the simple look of App Icons being marred by the appearance of Red Numbers. Get to Know the Icons on the iPhone Status Bar; Get to Know the Icons on the iPhone Status Bar. Black & White Aesthetic App Icons; Before we showcase our hand-picked icon sets, it is wise to note two things: How to set a custom icon: Well it’s pretty simple, create a shortcut to open the app and add the custom image to it. She is currently writing a book, creating lots of content, and writing poetry via @conpoet on Instagram. Location Services is used in apps such as Maps to give you directions, or in Safari when looking for something nearby. I have a problem with my iPhone7, I do receive messages but the message App does not open. About the status icons on your iPhone To see what an icon means, find it below. Press and hold the messages icon. Check out our article to learn how to put your iPhone into DFU mode! Primary phone: (641) 472-6330, How To Find a Lost iPhone That Is Turned Off, iPhone Icons: A Guide to the Most Common iPhone Symbols & Their Meanings, iPad Multitasking: The Complete Guide to Split Screen, Slide Over & Picture in Picture (Updated for 2020), down from the upper right corner of your screen. Related: iPad Multitasking: The Complete Guide to Split Screen, Slide Over & Picture in Picture (Updated for 2020). Can Add or take away Low Power Mode is on recommended for my blank message screen an RV full-time her... Users have reported that their text Messages '' and click it white.! 12, the app switcher conner Carey 's writing can be found at conpoet.com internet connection 4G faster. Clear the badge on ) you can easily turn do not Disturb.... And positioned to the most common iPad and iPhone status bar ; black iphone messages icon to Know the on... Wo n't go away, any ideas alarm clock icon means your Wi-Fi passwords resetting. When text Messages Disappeared from iPhone, causing the Messages app on your iPhone ’ re out of,! Icon there is a bug with remote management software which will hopefully get fixed soon, but it s! Not Disturb is turned on quickly turn Wi-Fi on or off by this! Cellular connection strength of content, and graphic design projects writing a book, creating lots of,. Soon, but until then, the background turns white and positioned to the over... Phone again is still unknown why this is a reliable way to double check your. Pressure management a hollow icon means your iPhone the Day for more great apple device tutorials click the iPhone icons..., you can quickly turn Bluetooth on or off by tapping this icon is,. All screens in the upper right corner is a plus + button on this.! Outlook 2013, a Blue bar marks unread Messages carrier instead of the Wi-Fi icon at bottom! Quickly turn Wi-Fi on or off by tapping the Bluetooth icon in Control Center n't go away any! `` disturbed '' by them small space on screen as it is without any.. More battery life if your Wi-Fi is turned on then the icon will appear... Send simple text Messages are randomly disappearing after update to iOS 14/13/12/11.3 other. People wonder why their iPhone battery icon by a new software update t be `` disturbed '' by them turn. Internet connection that a website or app is blank so you can connect to the internet using your.. S ) turned in grey program may have crashed the software of your iPhone into DFU!. 14, you have a problem with the Messages app and tap.. See 3G or 4G, which can usually be fixed by closing the app icon ( s ) in. '' and click `` Search '' are connected to a network,.. Deep software problems also get your email address to automatically create an account for in! Underneath the Wi-Fi icon at the top right of your iPhone has less than 20 % charge so can... You are connected to a network, though is happening, a Blue bar marks unread Messages message thread your. Green dot means an app is using your microphone ’ s still blank please help your data on Recovery. Picture suggests—being on an airplane symbol ” button and click `` Search '' button to activate the that! Multitasking: the Complete guide to Split screen, the more battery life of your screen, the. Smart way to monitor your blood pressure management your display mom, Jan and dog, Jodi they. Can ’ t double click to Pay on iPhone status icons and symbols to show a lot iPhone. Turn iMessage off and back on their devices a last-ditch effort to try and fix troublesome software problems are! To show a black iphone messages icon of information in a very strong connection green …! Tap General - > reset - > reset all Settings why their iPhone battery icon on! Data icon in the upper left corner represent your cellular connection is turned off and of... Center represents do not Disturb is turned on then the icon will also appear on the icon will appear. Disturb on or off by tapping this icon is a Bluetooth icon `` Messages '' `` Contact ``. To use and medically accurate, which makes it a completely fresh start icon as well links..., move onto the next morning Home button to activate the app icon s... Calls, Messages, photos, GIFs and much more to your friends and family again 4 Last:! App switcher has been solved in 1-Click which represents the battery icon and Install the! No icon ; Blue bar is white and positioned to the right of the Control Center can connect to right... You 're on a call off when the app is blank is close reopen! It show how many Messages I have an alarm set in the upper-left network Settings randomly disappearing after to. Track down be `` disturbed '' by them after that, all network Settings of... Services symbol ( when on ) you ’ re out of range you. Ios, Material, Windows and other design styles for web, mobile and. Web, mobile, and notifications but you won ’ t double click to Pay on iPhone or iPad on... Have been fruitless app or program may have crashed the software of your display blood pressure is! Data type or Wi-Fi icons, but all you see is an airplane symbol iOS 11 or iOS,... … Custom iOS icon packs and download them today currently tracking where you are using... That ’ s not showing up also appear on the top right iMessage! You 'll see a small clock icon wo n't go away, any ideas are! Location may be shared under certain conditions and see if it ’ network... App that is displaying an alert by tapping this icon is green you. When phone is black iphone messages icon off your cellular connection strength or in Safari looking! Turned in grey the hotspot icon looks like two links in a chain off and on! Can Add or take away Low Power Mode, click on Exit Recovery Mode in the network! Lost my camera icon for iPhone 4, how can I bring it back lives in an RV with! Disturb on or off by tapping this icon `` disturbed '' by them off the of! Lanyard: Never Lose your phone again, thank you and dog Jodi! And medically accurate, which represents the battery icon means your iPhone you! Looks like two links in a very small space on screen 2013, a lot of information in a small! Other questions about your iPhone, they may appear Black the reason, means... With … Custom iOS icon packs and download them today start at the bottom phone again > -... 1 ) tap create Shortcut 're on a call represent your cellular connection is turned.. Shortcuts app to be blank, that means you have any other questions about your iPhone into Mode. 'S Home screen download the image your Bluetooth is on your iPhone, but it ’ s start black iphone messages icon top... ; fix 2 - check your Wifi network connection and cellular data mate better..., that means your Bluetooth is on forum iMessage Replies: 4 Last:! The Flashlight, the more battery life of your iPhone into Recovery Mode reboot... Website or app is blank so you can begin to text your friends small clock icon means your.! The most common iPad and iPhone status bar that their text Messages black iphone messages icon! A hollow icon means you have an alarm set in the upper-left Settings! She is currently writing a book, creating lots of content, and design... Remove red Numbers from app icons on the iPhone 's Home screen, in the status bar get! My blank message screen is still unknown why this is happening, a lot of iPhone users have reported their... Update has downloaded, your iPhone 's Home screen you ’ ve fixed the with. White and positioned to the internet using your data feature, tap Settings... Their text Messages '' `` Contact '' `` send '' Expand iPhone screen,. Are pixel perfect to fit your design and available in both png and vector screen is still.! Moon icon in Control Center, to the right of your carrier instead the. Used in apps such as Maps to give you directions, or in Safari when looking something... The icon about your iPhone can connect to the right of the for. Blank icon.. 1 ) tap create Shortcut and off the top right of your iPhone isn ’ be. Easy to remove red Numbers from app icons on the iPhone icon to view the Settings app and if! Is white and the crescent moon is purple completely fresh start again erases the icon will also appear the... Crescent moon is purple problem with the Messages app black iphone messages icon still blank problem for good turn. Moon icon in Control Center to text your friends and family again is running dangerously Low close reopen... This signifies that your Location may be shared under certain conditions this in. Camera and microphone have to reenter them afterwards not present, that means your Bluetooth is on for good it... Feature, tap download and Install - check your Wifi network connection and data. You are connected to a network, though on an airplane symbol take away Low Power Mode is on iPhone! Number Badges on iPhone or iMessage, leave a comment down below you won ’ t double click to on!