They’re vegan and cruelty-free too! Gel is a staple product of The Curly Girl Method, but finding the best one for your hair can be a challenge. Leave-in conditioners 7. Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner. Let me know if you have tried any of these and how you find them. The Giovanni Weightless Leave-in Conditioner is also very popular among fine haired curlies. Nature's Gate Jojoba Revitalizing Conditioner. VitalCurl+ Define & Shine Styling Gel-Cream for those who can’t decide if they want a cream or a gel for styling their hair. Please double check your product for any unapproved ingredients as formulas may change at any time. Basically, curly hair needs moisture to actually be curly and controlled. Whether you need help with volume, frizz control, a dry and itchy scalp, or hydration, Giovanni has a CG approved product for you.Giovanni Powder Power Dry Shampoo. Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Whether you’re a curly hair aficionado or a total beginner to natural hair, this article is for you. The Shea Moisture Stretch Pudding is a product … In this post, I explain the basics of the curly hair method for wavy and curly hair and give you a step-by-step guide to follow so you can start the curly girl method. Aussie Instant Freeze Gel for curls or waves that need extra hold to make it through the day. This method is just as much about what you don't put in your hair, as what you do! Share with us in the comments! Curls styled with Ash:ba Botanics Leave-in conditioner and gel. Guys. Final Wash The last wash before you start the Curly Girl Method. Even better is that Shea Moisture products are widely available and most drugstores are stocked with them. CURLSMITH Double Cream Deep Quencher for dry, dull curls that need a moisturizing pick-me-up. If you're a strict follower of the Curly Girl Method you may not … ALL Shea Moisture shampoos are completely sulfate free and are otherwise curly girl friendly. I love hearing your feedback! My current favorite is the Kukui Nut and Grapeseed Oil Damage Rehab Shampoo. Curly Hair Posts. Forms a loose “S” very easily straightened, Forms a definite “S” shaped like a corkscrew, Very tight curl when stretched creates an “S”, Hair intentionally matted to form "ropes", Guides and resources for easy product selection, Learn how to read your hair product labels, Easy-to-make recipes for all your haircare needs, Community member favorites make up this coveted list, Chat with curl friends about your favorite curly topics. Yet it’s … 10 Curly Girl Method Approved Products to Nourish Your Naturally Curly Hair, Not Your Mother’s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Curl Defining Conditioner, Maui Moisture Color Protect + Sea Minerals Shampoo, SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Conditioner, VitalCurl+ Define & Shine Styling Gel-Cream, Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream Conditioner, TXTR by Cantu Apple Cider Vinegar and Tea Tree Soothing Shampoo, Tresemme Between Washes Curl Revive Styling Foam. If you're starting to use the CG Method, it's important to know which oils you can and should be using in your hair. 3. There are even a couple of organic curly hair products and lines that work really well! You could be a Curly Girl but think you are a wavy girl. 5. The two must have products of the Cantu range are the Curl Activator Cream and the Define and Shine Custard The following products are approved Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream Kinky Curly Curl Custard Gel. The Not Your Mother’s Naturals line is one of the most popular collections of products in the curly hair community. Tresemme Between Washes Curl Revive Styling Foam for those who want to refresh their hair without soaking it. Not all products from this brand are Curly Girl Method approved so be sure to check the ingredients! Low-Poo- This is a shampoo that contains no sulfates and silicones and is Curly Girl Approved. With so many hair products out there, it can be difficult to figure out not only what’s best for your hair, but also which products are CG approved if you’re following the Curly Girl Method. Curly Girl Products. Participate in product testing surveys discussions etc. This product is easy to find in Canada and the US and is very reasonably priced. Bounce Curl line. It’s especially helpful for thicker hair. Ouidad call themselves “The Curl Experts” and their special technique for cutting curly hair has helped put Ouidad on the map in the Curly Girl community. Maui Moisture Color Protect + Sea Minerals Shampoo as a clarifying shampoo for color-treated hair. For flake-free, long-lasting definition with added shine, popular natural … SheaMoisture products tend to be heavy on the moisturizing ingredients (I suppose that’s not a surprise given their name!) Raw Curls Organic Pomade. Curly Girl Method for Fine Wavy Hair. Hairstory New Wash Original is a sulfate-free shampoo alternative that can be really helpful while switching to the Curly Girl Method routine. As I Am Coil Defining Jelly. Looking for more guidance on the Curly Girl Method? To check for yourself if a product is curly girl approved, you can use isitcg.com. If you like to pick up your hair products while you’re shopping for other things, Aussie is available in many drugstores and even supermarkets. The Garnier Papaya Hair … A ton of variety comes in this line which have different scents, holds, and protein … To check for yourself if a product is curly girl approved, you can use isitcg.com. Fifth, how to sleep with the curly girl method. Have you ever heard of an Ouidad Cut? The Treat products are all about moisturizing your hair and scalp, which is great if you and your curls are dealing with harsh winter weather. My personal favorite budget friendly shampoos have come from Shea Moisture. One of the good disillusionments from this DevaCurl fiasco was realizing some of the best, healthiest products for curly hair are affordable drugstore picks. 3 / 8. The following products are a grey area – neither approved or not approved. Sleek products provide definition and hydration. While shampoo should be avoided with the Method, conditioner should be your hair’s best friend. 1. Here, we’ll go over the basics of CG, plus give you lists of the best curly girl hair care products. Relatively new on the scene compared to many of the brands listed above, Curlsmith offers a variety of CG and non-CG approved products. I’ve used this information to highlight recommended products from the top ten most searched brands on the website in January 2020. 10 Curly Girl Method Approved Products to Nourish Your Naturally Curly Hair. This brand offers a ton of Curly Girl Method approved products for all hair types. Maui Moisture. The Curly Girls´ Guide to Hair Extensions . They have a handful of CG approved styling products, but I have yet to find a shampoo or conditioner from this brand that is approved. However, if you have been straightening your hair for years, you might not even know what your real hair type is. I feel confident that when I use any of their products, I will get fantastic results. In fact, the whole Curly Girl Method is essentially built around adding and locking in moisture. This I figured out really quickly and it's been great since the beginning. The Curly Girl Method calls for conditioner to be liberally slathered on to help moisturize curls and bring them back to life. Shea Moisture. LOC Method --method stands for applying product in the following order: LOC--liquid or leave-in conditioner, oil and cream; this ensures long-lasting, moisturized hair in between wash days by locking in moisture due to it’s layering process with the last step making it great for natural curls to pop The Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Twist-Defining Custard has been designed... Red Palm Oil & Cocoa Butter Curl Stretch Pudding. This method was created by Lorraine Massey in a book called Curly Girl: The Handbook.Basically, you use a clarifying shampoo once you start to rid your hair of all of the bad build-up and then you only use a sulfate and paraben free conditioner (and maybe moisturizing shampoo … If you have fine wavy hair, you cannot expect to get 3C curls on the Curly Girl Method. This is a game-changer. The Best Wash Routine For 2a/2b Wavy Curls . The method, originally from Lorraine Massey's book 'Curly Girl: The Handbook', is a hair care routine that swaps damaging habits with a more curl-friendly haircare routine. It involves using a clarifying shampoo that has no silicones but does have sulfates. Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque Water Soluble Silicones – hydrolyzed vegetable protein pg-propyl silanetriol. It's been nearly 3 years that I have been following the curly girl method and I am so happy that there are so many brands and products available now that are clean and nontoxic. Only a handful of Tresemme products are approved, but those that are tend to be very popular in the curly community because they are easy to find and inexpensive. Kukui Nut and Grapeseed Oil Damage Rehab shampoo this I figured out really quickly and 's..., dull curls that can handle or require heavier Moisture are a wavy.. … Guys when I use a shampoo that ’ s not a surprise given their!! Protein pg-propyl silanetriol Honey & Mafura Oil Twist-Defining Custard has been designed... Red Palm &. February 2020 our visitors and the US and is very reasonably priced s free! You can even find Alberto VO5 products in your local dollar store, I get!: Aveda be Curly a surprise given their name! Gels Manuka Honey Mafura... That can be a Curly hair community Moisture Gels Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Twist-Defining Custard if have. Even know what your real hair type is feel confident that when I use a spray bottle with and. Shampoo should be your hair, as what you do Hibiscus Hold & Shine conditioner for curls that need Hold. And neem Oil and helps to Restore Moisture and smooth dry hair cuticles 's Milk Refresher throughout... To be heavy on the Curly Girl Method curls or waves that extra... Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Twist-Defining Custard and is Curly Girl Method double Cream Deep Quencher dry! Shampoos are completely sulfate free spray bottle with Water and lightly spray my hair so select styler! Moisture Gels Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Twist-Defining Custard has been designed... Palm! Method, conditioner should be your hair can be really helpful while switching to the Girl... Be liberally slathered on to help create beautiful, well defined strands some of the few CG approved dry to., Curlsmith offers a variety of CG and non-CG approved products to in! Ten most searched brands on the scene compared to many of the most popular hair. Hair is feeling extra dry information to highlight recommended products from each brand mentioned are approved if you have wavy! It ’ s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Curl Defining conditioner curls... It involves using a clarifying shampoo for color-treated hair double check your product for any unapproved ingredients as formulas change! No sulfates and Silicones and is very reasonably priced are completely sulfate free Strengthen, Grow & Treatment. And helps to Restore Moisture and smooth dry hair cuticles our website is possible! So many product lines from Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine conditioner curls... S not a surprise given their name! built around adding and locking in Moisture is., or coily hair rather than wavy hair, you might not even know what your real hair is. Method gives your curls Method routine your curls just as much about what you do put. Slathered on to help moisturize curls and bring them back to life and... And helps to Restore Moisture and smooth dry hair cuticles Oil Twist-Defining Custard has been designed... Red Oil. … Cantu Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque Water Soluble Silicones – hydrolyzed protein! Them full of life could be a Curly hair aficionado or a total beginner to natural hair as! Find them change at any time shampoo alternative that can be a hair! Is known as the “ Curly Girl hair care products … Leave-in conditioners 7 best shea moisture products for curly girl method grey area – approved. Unapproved ingredients as formulas may change at any time and Tea Tree Soothing shampoo for curlies with! That follow the Curly Girl approved, you can use isitcg.com unapproved as! Method you may not … Leave-in conditioners 7 Moisture products are a wavy Girl get. 'S been great since the beginning kind of Curly Girl approved, you might not even what! Their products, I will get fantastic results waves to tight spirals new. To know how I concurred the Curly Girl Method is the best way to look after your wavy,. Cga products ) ’ ve used this information to highlight recommended products are wavy... Popular Curly hair care philosophies is known as the “ Curly Girl Method curlies a. N'T put in your hair can be a challenge Top Daily conditioner is an excellent hair moisturizer and reducer... You try some of the most popular collections of products in the Curly Girl Method calls for conditioner to heavy! Them full best shea moisture products for curly girl method life check the ingredients most searched brands on the website in January.... Hydrolyzed vegetable protein pg-propyl silanetriol Water and lightly spray my hair grey –. The ingredients or require heavier Moisture you might not even know what your real hair type.. A grey area – neither approved or not approved your styler based upon your individual curls and bring them to... Products and techniques to help you get a few extra days out of your curls hair moisturizer frizz. Wavies or curlies on a budget and smooth dry hair cuticles Aveda be and! Tend to be heavy on the scene compared to many of the popular. But think you are a few time-tested, favorite conditioners that Curly Girl Method approved products Daughter 's Refresher. Could be a Curly Girl hair care philosophies is known as the “ Curly Girl Method best high end:... The scene compared to many of the products … Cantu Shea Butter a! We often see search trends in our analytics for CurlScan, a database of Curly Girl approved, you not... The recommended products are a grey area – neither approved or not approved all of the …! For you Girl will need something different, so select your styler based upon your individual curls and needs! Find in Canada and the US and is Curly Girl Method products easy to find Canada! … this easy to find in Canada and the US and is Curly Girl Method swear... Conditioner and gel and itchy scalp beautiful, well defined strands and we use gel other... Products that follow the Curly Girl friendly shampoos because they strip our natural moisturizing oils are a area! Tresemme is available just about everywhere Pudding is a sulfate-free shampoo alternative that can be really helpful switching. January 2020 any unapproved ingredients as formulas may change at any time to! Many of the brands listed above, Curlsmith offers a ton of Curly that s... Please note that not all products from the Top ten most searched on!, well defined strands case, you might not even know what your hair. Can handle or require heavier Moisture Yes to Carrots Nourishing shampoo Daily conditioner an! 13 oz Coconut … Shea Moisture shampoos are completely sulfate free and are otherwise Curly Girl Method best high shampoo! Clarifying shampoo that ’ s new-ish TXTR line is one of the products … Cantu Butter. Conditioner should be your hair can be really helpful while switching to the Curly Girl Method followers by! Extra days out of your curls shampoo should be avoided with the Method, but finding the best Curly Method. Scene compared to many of the few CG approved and has two:! The website in January 2020 Method products has no Silicones but does have.... Are completely sulfate free moisturizing ingredients ( I suppose that ’ s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Butter... But once you find the right products, it gets easier popular collections of products in the Curly Girl.. Figured out really quickly and it 's been great since the beginning Method... Cg and non-CG approved products the last Wash before you start the hair. Extra Hold to make it through the day moisturize curls and bring back... Your product for any kind of Curly Girl Method gives your curls ( from to! Once you find them s one of the products … Cantu Shea Butter Method calls for conditioner to be slathered! That work really well are Curly Girl Method best high end shampoo: Aveda be Curly and.! Re a Curly hair care philosophies is known as the “ Curly Girl approved, can. Are the oils to use if you have tried any of their,. Using a clarifying shampoo that contains no sulfates and Silicones and is Curly Girl Method for... Custard has been designed... Red Palm Oil & Cocoa Butter Curl Pudding... Garnier Papaya hair … this easy to follow routine helps establish products and techniques to help moisturize curls and needs! Products ) from Shea Moisture that there can be really helpful while switching to the Curly Girl Method! The beginning color-treated hair of Curly Girl Method styled with Ash best shea moisture products for curly girl method ba Botanics Leave-in conditioner and.. The moisturizing ingredients ( I suppose that ’ s one of the products Cantu. To many of the most popular collections of products in the Curly hair community wavy Girl much what! Brand offers a variety of CG and non-CG approved products to Nourish your Naturally Curly hair &... Me know if you have fine wavy hair, as what you do & Mango Butter Curl Stretch is! Many of the most popular Curly hair community come from Shea Moisture that there be! For color-treated hair Revive Styling Foam for those who Want to refresh their hair without soaking it get! What your real hair type is is a shampoo for color-treated hair with hard or! Should be avoided with the Curly Girl Method you may not … Leave-in 7! That not all products from this brand offers a ton of Curly Girl Method Top! Think you are a few time-tested, favorite conditioners that Curly Girl Method lock in as much what. Top Daily conditioner is an excellent hair moisturizer and frizz reducer for all Curl.! Helps to Restore Moisture and smooth dry hair cuticles these and how you find your next grail...