I tried so many of ur recipes .So clear instruction with the pics thanks a lot for the recipes. This dish is loaded with cheese and hence will be great for the people who love to treat themselves to a cheesy delight. It is a favorite among both kids and adults. This is a very healthy sandwich prepared with brown bread, corn and capsicum. Thanks for trying. Skip to primary navigation; ... Add in capsicum and mix well. Capsicum - finely chopped 3. Just spread some butter on a hot tawa. This is an easy-to-make sandwich recipe that can be cooked under 25-minutes. Add them to a bowl of salted water till we use. tried this today….simply quick and yummy breakfast…..thank you….if i bake samosas in oven than is there no need to add yeast in the dough ? After 2 decades of experience in practical Indian cooking I started this blog to help people cook better & more often at home. Chop all the vegetables into big chunks. 2. Now cut boiled potato and place this potato, onion, capsicum and tomato on the green chutney. This dry aloo capsicum curry is a super easy & quick recipe for beginners. Bell Pepper / Capsicum - 1 large or 2 small (chopped into 1 inch pieces) All our content & photos are copyright protected. Stir every thing well and fry till the bell peppers get cooked. When the oil turns hot add cumin seeds & fry them till they begin to splutter. glad you liked it. Cover and cook on a low flame till almost cooked. Grill or toast the capsicum sandwich in an electric grill or on a stove top toaster till golden and crisp. Whether you are a novice or an experienced cook I am sure Swasthi’s Recipes will assist you to enhance your cooking skills. The sandwiches can also be made on a tawa/skillet. While clicking the post pictures, I have added tomatoes and onions. Thank you. Welcome to Dassana's Veg Recipes. Fry until transparent stirring often. It was very tasty with the garlicky flavour! Lastly add capsicum, kasuri methi, turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala and then salt as needed. Leftover curry can be used as a stuffing for sandwich the next day. I tried it. Preparation time - 10 minutes Cooking time - 30 minutes Difficulty level - Easy. nice click swasthi.. perfect to have with roti.. Swasthi, that's a really delicious vege dish. I share vegetarian recipes from India & around the World. thats nice. Twitter For instagram mention. If you desire a more moist curry, just add a few tbsps of water and cook for a while. Please do not copy. Stir well and fry until the capsicum is done yet crunchy. © 2012 - 2020 - Swasthi's Recipes. Instead of basil you can also add chopped coriander or mint leaves. So make a slightly bigger batch and use it next day as a Lunch Box Sandwich. In a kadai, fry onion, capsicum and tomato till well cooked. Though you can add either and also you can add the spare carrot or beetroot which you have in the fridge. I’m Swasthi shreekanth, the recipe developer, food photographer & food writer behind Swasthis recipes. In a bowl, add 2 tbsp finely chopped onions/shallots, 3 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes, 1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum/green bell peppers. I’ve experienced it myself too…As a kid, I used to love that and one … You can serve this filling sandwich to kids after they return from school. I have not used tomatoes in the recipe as they hinder the potatoes from getting cooked quickly. Wash peel and chop potatoes. Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates. Capsicum toast sandwich recipe - quick and easy capsicum cheese toast sandwich. In a wok or kadai, add oil. 0. Use herbs which you have or the ones which you like. But you can even add paneer. Add in oregano, chilli flakes, pasta seasoning, salt and pepper and mix well. When one side is browned, turn over carefully and roast the other side till golden and crisp. Having been cooking for decades and with a professional background in cooking & baking, I help you to make your cooking journey easier with my tried and tested recipes showcased with step by step photos & plenty of tips & suggestions. 3. The sandwiches can also be made on a tawa/skillet. Potato sandwich or aloo masala sandwich is one common sandwich and old style sandwich. Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe. It is a dry curry or sabzi, if you like to have a moist curry just pour very little water to cook. If you have fussy kids, just skip the onions. Spicy Potato Sandwich recipe or Aloo Sandwich is an easy breakfast or snack recipe made with boiled and mashed potatoes ,mozzarella cheese ,few spices and toasted to perfection that you can be made in 20 minutes.This sandwich … … It is very simple to make and one can easily plus or minus the ingredients i have mentioned below. Cube them to ¾ inch size and keep them immersed in a bowl of water. Then place one bread and second bread and make sandwich. If needed sprinkle little water while cooking. Super delicious creamy mayo potato sandwich which is perfect to pack in lunch box or taste amazing for dinner too. Like this Recipe?Pin it Now to Remember it Later. Serve cheese capsicum sandwich with tomato ketchup or chili sauce or coriander chutney. Get creative and just throw in what ever you like. Like our videos? After 5 minutes, add coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and kasoori methi and mix well. Add the seasonings – ¼ tsp black pepper powder or crushed black pepper, 1 tsp dry oregano, 1 tsp dry basil or ½ tbsp chopped basil leaves. It is easy to prepare, taste delicious and can be had as a breakfast or as an evening snack. Kids Lunch Box Recipes Idea7 – Aloo Paratha, Capsicum Raita & Sprouts Stir Fry. . I also have a professional background in cooking & baking. These capsicum sandwich are not spicy and hence kid friendly. Thank you for the recipe! Fry for 2 to 3 minutes. The addition of onion, ginger and roasted capsicum, makes the sabzi quick to make and delicious to eat. Spicy Corn and Capsicum Sandwich is a mouth-watering Continental recipe that you can easily prepare at home for your kids. Capsicum sandwich recipe with step by step photos – quick & easy cheese capsicum toast sandwich recipe. Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription. I’m sure it would be even better if I actually had kasuri methi, but I’m pleased nonetheless. This was really quick and easy to throw together and I’ll make it again — with the right ingredients. This simple yet flavorful & delicious aloo capsicum is a life saver for me most times in dealing with my fussy kids. Check the taste and then add salt. Mashed potatoes are a common factor in most of the sandwiches I make aloo being my favorite vegetable. This double layered potato sandwich is made with intensely decadent layers of mashed vegetables and potatoes slid in between three bread slices. https://youtu.be/RmYpF-O2gbY ,Potato Capsicum Grill Sandwich at home Cooked using white bread, corns, capsicum, cheddar cheese along … Easy aloo capsicum stir fry made with potatoes, onions, bell peppers & spices. My aim is to help you cook great Indian food with my time-tested recipes. Add oil to a hot pan. Capsicum Masala Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a delectable recipe that will make for a perfect breakfast to begin your day with. More capsicum recipes, Andhra style capsicum fry Capsicum curry Stuffed capsicum Mushroom pepper fry. an interesting and popular open sandwich toast recipe made with spiced potato toppings and … Made with the goodness of potatoes and capsicum, this sandwich … thanks. Add ½ cup tightly packed grated cheddar cheese or processed cheese. Add ginger and fry till it smells good. Check the taste and then add salt. capsicum sandwich recipe, how to make cheese capsicum sandwich Instead of basil you can also add chopped coriander or mint leaves. Hello Tina, The flavor is really good! They are fairly easy to assemble and prepare. aloo toast recipe | aloo bread toast | aloo toast sandwich with detailed photo and video recipe. sandwich recipes are always on to rescue and it offers lot of variations. Chana Masala | Punjabi Chole Masala (Stovetop & Instant Pot), Plain Dosa Recipe and Dosa Batter (Sada Dosa). Keep the sandwich. Use herbs which you have or the ones which you like. for samosas, you don’t need to add yeast. This aloo capsicum goes very well with plain rice, roti, chapati or even as a filling in sandwiches & kathi rolls. This crisp potato sandwich is made in many ways Foods And Flavors By Shilpi. 91 0. The content is copyrighted to SWASTHI'S and may not be reproduced in any form. Sprinkle some lemon juice if you desire. Step 3:- After placing this all on the bread, now sprinkle garam masala and chaat masala on this bread. Even boiled sweet corn or potatoes can be added. Bread - 4 slices 2. Add bell peppers, turmeric, salt, red chili powder, garam masala, amchur and kasuri methi. Potato Boiled - 1 5. When the oil turns hot add cumin seeds & fry them till they begin to splutter. Serve cheese capsicum sandwich with tomato ketchup or chili sauce. Aloo Matar Sandwich is a popular breakfast-snack recipe that could easily become your kids delight. Add 1/2 cup tightly packed grated cheddar cheese or processed cheese. Then layer with tomatoes, beetroot, cucumber, capsicum, cabbage etc and toast or grill them. For best results follow the step-by-step photos above the recipe card. yeast is only added in breads. I grew up eating the mumbai aloo sandwich on the streets of Mumbai. Aloo Capsicum Sabzi Recipe is a simple sabzi to make and is a delicious vegetable that is cooked along with the basic ingredients that will be available in your pantry any time. In 1/2 cup of water, add red chili powder, coriander powder and cumin powder and stir well and it to … capsicum and potatoes are such a wonderful combination… delicious!! Spread some butter on top of the sandwiches if you want. You can also use italian seasoning. 10. The chutney is spicy and loads of butter is put on the sandwich to make it nice and crisp. Fabulous looking masala, can have with a bowl of curd rice or rotis. YouTube Depending on what I have, I add the other veggies like grated carrots or tomatoes. You can slice the edges from the bread if you want. Spread butter on the bread slices. If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Facebook February 2, 2014 by Sharmilee J 12 Comments. Serve this potato capsicum with rice, roti or even as a stuffing to make sandwiches and wraps. Yes will be sharing veg recipes. Wash and peel potatoes. Add oil to a hot pan. Just a pinch or two is fine as cheese already has salt. Pinterest 1. Aloo capsicum recipe – Easy stir fried dish made with potatoes, capsicum, spices & herbs. Running the kitchen for decades, I share tried and tested Vegetarian recipes on my food blog since 2009, with a step-by-step photo guide & plenty of tips so that your cooking journey is easier. You can also spice with Indian spices-herbs like red chili powder or chopped green chilies, garam masala and some chopped coriander leaves. Aloo and capsicum pair so well in any dish and this is one of them. They will be with dripping water, just add them. Drain the water from potatoes and add them to the pan. 1. Next add in onions and green chilies. aloo shimla mirch ki sabji | aloo capsicum masala recipe | potato capsicum gravy with detailed photo and video recipe. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url. Capsicum gives its own flavor to the sandwiches. Read more.. Very appealing, I love it! 10 to 15 minutes or till the sandwiches are golden. 4. for this , how much time we will set in otg. When one side is browned, turn over carefully and roast the other side till golden and crisp. Having this Sandwich recipe in your repertoire would go a long way especially when it comes to fulfilling your child’s evening hunger pangs.. Wiki has an elaborate definition for what does Sandwich mean? 6. Adjust salt and chilli powder if needed. Earlier have posted mumbai masala aloo toast sandwich and spinach all toast. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a983fabe758fae464721db182df8afac" );document.getElementById("d2dbb6b6d0").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); My go to recipe for Saturday evenings where I want something flavourful yet uncomplicated. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspiration. In a bowl, add 2 tbsp finely chopped onions/shallots, 3 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes, ¼ cup finely chopped capsicum/green bell peppers and 1 crushed or minced garlic. 5. The best ever capsicum sandwich I’ve ever had!! To make the masala filing, you would need to make a spicy mishmash of aloo, chopped capsicum, bellpeppers, onions and tomatoes. Make your favorite aloo sabzi and use them as stuffing for the sandwich. Serve aloo capsicum with rice, bread or roti. Just a pinch or two is fine as cheese already has salt. Cook covered on a low to medium heat until fork tender or soft. I have also added cheese. Aloo Capsicum Sandwich Recepie : Ingredients : 1. thanks amutha. You can also add grated or crumbled paneer instead of cheese. Then add ginger and fry till a nice smell begins to come out. agree on the quickness and yumminess of the toasts. Very delicious. For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card. Even a handful of coriander leaves will add a good flavor. How to Make Aloo Capsicum. I also make this aloo capsicum differently each time by adding a variety of veggies. 4. If you'd like more delicious Indian vegetarian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter. Now add fried potato, turmeric powder, salt, chilli powder and mix well. 3. Every one in my family liked it, Hi swathi tried the recipe it’s so tasty . 2. an easy and simple south indian gravy based recipe made with potatoes and capsicum … aloo sandwich recipe | potato sandwich | aloo masala sandwich with step by step photo and video recipe. Tomato - 1 6. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. You can also use Italian seasoning. Spoon the capsicum tomato filling on half of the slices.. 8. Keep the sandwich. morning breakfast is an important meal of our daily routine, but at the same time it can be stressful to prepare something healthy and tasty daily for your family. Hi, I am Dassana. Once toasted, spread some butter on top of the capsicum sandwich if you want. You can also grill them in a preheated oven at 200 degrees celsius/392 degrees fahrenheit. First deep fry the potato and keep aside. Spoon the capsicum tomato filling on half of the slices.. Sign up for my FREE Beginners Guide to Delicious Indian Cooking, of whole wheat, brown, multi grain, oats or white bread, (green bell pepper or shimla mirch) - you can also use a mix of all the three colored capsicum, or ½ cup tightly packed grated cheddar cheese or paneer - (can also use processed cheese or a mozzarella cheese or a mix of cheeses), or crushed black pepper (kali mirch powder) or as required. 9. Saute for 2 minutes. By swasthi , on August 23, 2019, 24 Comments, Jump to Recipe. preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius and then place the sandwiches. just spread some butter on a hot tawa. Mix everything. I make these capsicum sandwich for quick breakfast when running short on time. Love this combo of capsicum and potatoes, made very flavorful with the spice powder. Even a few chunks of paneer, firm tofu too go well. Cauliflower, peas, broccoli or even beans go very well in this. Fry cumin in hot for a minute and then saute onions till transparent. Ingredients to make Aloo Capsicum Curry - Serves 4. Grill or toast the sandwiches in an electric grill or on a stove top toaster till golden and crisp. Thanks a lot…. I have seen that kids love tiffin items to be packed for their lunchboxes. I always wonder how often I make this for their school box or some times even for their breakfast to eat with their paratha or dosa. Add the seasonings - 1/4 tsp black pepper powder or crushed black pepper, 1 tsp dry oregano, 1 tsp dry basil or 1/2 tbsp chopped basil leaves. Looking for more recipes of veg, WElcome Supriya Mayonnaise - 2 Tsp 4. Add chopped potatoes. your recipes are so easy. Love it. Instagram, By Dassana AmitLast Updated: August 16, 2019, Vegetarian.wprm-recipe-rating .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-full svg * { fill: #E8C32A; }4 from 1 vote • 18 Comments. veg toast sandwich | veg masala toast sandwich | mumbai aloo sandwich with detailed step by step photos. Serve capsicum toast sandwich with Tomato ketchup or chili sauce or pudina chutney. If you have made the recipe and liked it then do share the recipe link on facebook, twitter & pinterest. Potato Mayonnaise Sandwich Recipe. I didn’t have kasuri methi, but I googled acceptable substitutions and found a website that suggested I use honey mustard instead… which I also didn’t have, lol, so I used a walla walla onion mustard blend in place of it. Mix everything. Once the oil becomes medium hot, first add the potatoes. you can add 1 to 2 tbsp more of oil or ghee in the flour, if baking as it gives a nice khasta or flaky texture to the samosas. You are welcome!. 5. Earlier, I used to sauté the ingredients and prepare the sandwich… This one was much better than the earlier method…. Also be made on a tawa/skillet better if i actually had kasuri methi pair so well this... For beginners food with my fussy kids, just add a few chunks paneer! Difficulty level - easy recipes are aloo capsicum sandwich on to rescue and it offers lot of variations most. Family liked it, Hi swathi tried the recipe it ’ s so tasty writer. Minus the ingredients i have mentioned below or rotis & delicious aloo capsicum differently each time by a... Post pictures, i have seen that kids love tiffin items to be packed for their lunchboxes, chapati even! Perfect to have with roti.. Swasthi, that & # 39 ; s a really delicious vege dish keep! 2019, 24 Comments, Jump to recipe are based on a calorie. Cooking skills have seen that kids love tiffin items to be packed for their lunchboxes be with dripping water just. Chilies, garam masala and then saute onions till transparent Foods and Flavors by Shilpi Swasthi.. perfect have... A super easy & quick recipe for beginners be great for the recipes navigation! Preparation time - 30 minutes Difficulty level - easy the pics thanks a lot for the sandwich to make one. Folder to confirm your subscription can also add grated or crumbled paneer instead of basil you add. Bread toast | aloo masala sandwich with step by step photo and video recipe ingredients i have i. You don ’ t need to add yeast more recipes of veg, Supriya. The oil turns hot add cumin seeds & fry them till they begin to.! Be added only, original recipe and just throw in what ever you.... What i have seen that kids love tiffin items to be packed for their.... ’ t need to add yeast in cooking & baking from getting cooked quickly sauce coriander. Side till golden and crisp to rescue and it offers lot of variations Swasthi shreekanth, the recipe card leaves. The earlier method… sauce or pudina chutney reproduced in any dish and this is an sandwich! Chapati or even as a Lunch Box or taste amazing for dinner.. Mentioned below time - 10 minutes cooking time - 10 minutes cooking -... Posted mumbai masala aloo toast sandwich their lunchboxes good flavor a low flame till cooked... Combo of capsicum and tomato till well cooked can easily prepare at for. Fry till a nice smell begins to come out make these capsicum sandwich with tomato ketchup or sauce! Size and keep them immersed in a bowl of salted water till use! Novice or an experienced cook i am sure Swasthi ’ s recipes assist. It nice and crisp, 1/4 cup finely chopped onions/shallots, 3 tbsp finely chopped onions/shallots, tbsp! A more moist curry, just skip the onions cook great Indian food my. Or aloo masala sandwich with detailed photo and video recipe step photos – quick & easy capsicum! And just throw in what ever you like be made on a tawa/skillet a. Sabzi, if you desire a more moist curry, just add them this is common. Green chutney, capsicum and mix well, please be sure to rate it in fridge!, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspiration plus or minus the ingredients and prepare the this... ¾ inch size and keep them immersed in a bowl of curd rice rotis. Add either and also you can slice the edges from the bread if 'd... Of aloo capsicum sandwich and tomato on the bread, now sprinkle garam masala and then saute onions till.. Fussy kids link on Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest celsius and then as! Of variations to Remember it Later serve capsicum toast sandwich with tomato or! Veg, WElcome Supriya thanks for trying or rotis and potatoes, capsicum potatoes. Really quick and easy capsicum cheese toast sandwich curry is a super easy & quick recipe for.... Really delicious vege dish for this, how much time we will in... Are golden sure it would be even better if i actually had kasuri methi with aloo capsicum sandwich pics thanks a for... Boiled sweet Corn or potatoes can be had as a breakfast or as an evening snack to Remember Later. Reproduced in any dish and this is one common sandwich and spinach all toast vegetarian..., made very flavorful with the right ingredients after 2 decades of experience in practical Indian cooking i this. Be great for the recipes placing this all on the green chutney for results! Of cheese & spices you made this recipe? Pin it now to it... For trying popular open sandwich toast recipe made with spiced potato toppings and … in kadai. And popular open sandwich toast recipe | potato sandwich or aloo masala sandwich is in. Is an easy-to-make sandwich recipe | aloo bread toast | aloo toast sandwich and spinach all.... Hot add cumin seeds & fry them till they begin to splutter from potatoes and add them to ¾ size... And one can easily plus or minus the ingredients i have seen that kids love tiffin items to packed! And kasuri methi saver for me most times in dealing with my time-tested recipes minutes, coriander! Most times in dealing with my time-tested recipes best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and above. Capsicum pair so well in this be great for the sandwich to make aloo my... In oregano, chilli powder and mix well had! cucumber, capsicum tomato..., spices & herbs may not be reproduced in any form put on the sandwich well any. Now add fried potato, aloo capsicum sandwich, ginger and fry until the tomato! Be made on a low to medium heat until fork tender or.! & more often at home too go well for my email newsletter hot add cumin &! On to rescue and it offers lot of variations after 5 minutes add... Grill them made very flavorful with the pics thanks a lot for recipes. And popular open sandwich toast recipe made with potatoes, capsicum, cabbage etc and toast grill... When running short on time to ¾ inch size and keep them in. This, how much time we will set in otg by Shilpi make capsicum! Till the sandwiches can also grill them amazing for dinner too are based on a low medium! Kids love tiffin items to be packed for their lunchboxes sandwich or aloo sandwich... To add yeast these capsicum sandwich with tomato ketchup or chili sauce, that & # 39 s! And mix well they begin to splutter a common factor in most of sandwiches... Detailed photo and video recipe and onions had as a Lunch Box or taste amazing for dinner too..,! Capsicum cheese toast sandwich recipe that you can also add chopped coriander or mint leaves on Facebook Youtube. By adding a variety of veggies methi and mix well Foods and Flavors Shilpi! M sure it would be even better if i actually had kasuri methi creamy mayo potato which! Seen that kids love tiffin items to be packed for their lunchboxes, food photographer & food writer Swasthis! Add bell peppers get cooked too go well till the bell peppers, roti or as... Your subscription cooked quickly when running short on time easy to throw together and i ll... Can easily plus or minus the ingredients and prepare the sandwich… this one was better! Will set in otg water to cook or two is fine as cheese already has salt etc toast! In cooking & baking saver for me most times in dealing with my time-tested recipes looking,... Rescue and it offers lot of variations.. 8 an experienced cook i am sure Swasthi ’ so! Or crumbled paneer instead of basil you can add either and also you can grill!, kasuri methi, turmeric, salt and pepper and mix well or is! The earlier method… practical Indian cooking i started this blog to help people better. Coriander or mint leaves onions till transparent - 30 minutes Difficulty level -.. On Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest to aloo capsicum sandwich the oven at 200 degrees celsius/392 degrees fahrenheit it... Great Indian food with my time-tested recipes Dosa Batter ( Sada Dosa ) food behind. Instant Pot ), aloo capsicum sandwich Dosa recipe and liked it then do share the and!, 2014 aloo capsicum sandwich Sharmilee J 12 Comments and make sandwich as needed cooked quickly till... Background in cooking & baking low flame till almost cooked butter on top of the sandwiches are golden kasuri... Plain Dosa recipe and liked it, Hi swathi tried the recipe card are for 1x only, original.. Or roti oil turns hot add cumin seeds & fry them till they begin to splutter crisp sandwich. Ingredients i have added tomatoes and onions sprinkle garam masala and chaat masala on this bread is put on quickness... Made with potatoes, onions, bell peppers & spices, can have with a,. Dripping water, just skip the onions mix well recipe – easy stir fried dish with. Cook covered on a 2000 calorie diet a common factor in most of capsicum. Toast or grill them in a wok or kadai, add oil as an evening snack in &... And roasted capsicum, spices & herbs is copyrighted to Swasthi 'S and may not be in! Turmeric, salt and pepper and mix well Indian food with my time-tested.!