Volkswagen makes sure rear-seat passengers are happy, too. However, much of the cabin is rendered in higher quality materials that are well matched in terms of gloss, tone, and texture. Still not unreasonable. The suspension absorbed most all the imperfections in the road but the car still handled like a competent car not leaning when cornering at speed (taking a 25mph curve at 50 was no big deal). 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan Expert Review #8 in Best Compact SUVs of 2020 With all the compact SUVs from which to choose, one might wonder what the 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan has over the competition. J.D. Please enter a U.S. ZIP code to see vehicles for sale. New Volkswagen Tiguan eHybrid 2020 review In the UK there’s a new trim structure, which follows the new convention set out by the latest Golf. Reviews. As far as safety is concerned, every 2020 Tiguan has standard forward collision warning with pedestrian detection, automatic emergency braking, blind-spot warning, and rear cross-traffic warning. Christian Wardlaw is a veteran digital automotive journalist with over 25 years of experience test-driving vehicles. Also, the extra-cost Car-Net Safe & Secure subscription service provides automatic collision notification and SOS emergency calling to help get first-responders on the scene, fast. Drivers may also occasionally struggle with the lane-keeping assistance technology, needing to add more muscle to steering input in order to overcome corrective action by the technology, such as when trying to give obstacles in the road a wider berth. The Edmunds review appears to be directed at those in the market for a CRV, CX5 or RAV4 and considering the base Tiguan S and SE models. Volkswagen Tiguan 2020 The 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan range of configurations is currently priced from $34,780. Tiguan / Reviews / Road Test / SUV Review: 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan VW's Tiguan is a 'tweenie' well-suited for families that need seating for up to seven . Equipped with a dual-zone automatic climate control system, the test vehicle’s temperature controls include three knobs with integrated buttons and a row of secondary buttons. Currently the Volkswagen Tiguan has a score of 7.9 out of 10, which is based on our … The sunroof is panoramic, but only opens halfway that is very nice. Get price quotes from local dealers. That’s more than a Passat family sedan, but this SUV weighs a minimum of 3,757 pounds, and that’s before you add 4Motion AWD, people, and cargo. With the third-row seat, you do give up some cargo space. In terms of its ride and handling qualities, the Tiguan SEL Premium R-Line is an absolute delight to drive. 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan: See 6 user reviews, 11 photos and great deals for 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan. Our Review of the 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan: Comfort, Utility & Performance There's a lot to be said about the current slew of crossover SUVs on the market - chiefly, that … It feels more grown up, roomier and even includes a plug-in hybrid version. Also, Volkswagen has already announced that the freshened 2022 Tiguan will get a new infotainment system based on VW Group’s sophisticated new MIB 3 platform. Highly recommended. Available in 2-door and 4-door body styles complete with removable doors and roof, the new 2021 Bronco adopts a “Built Wild” ethos. My testing resulted in a 22.2-mpg average on my standard loop, running the Tiguan in Sport mode about half the time. For this review, J.D. Speaking of intelligently laid out the Infotainment system needed NO manual to operate and was full with not just radio and CD features but a TON of adjustments which allowed one to customize the car to their needs or liking electronically. Comparatively speaking, a loaded Passat tips the scales at 3,325 lbs. Equipped with a turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine, the Tiguan makes 184 horsepower and 221 lb.-ft. of torque. So equipped, the Tiguan would be absolutely brilliant to drive. I like that you get a longer warranty and also the thing include two years worth of maintenance depending on your dealer you may also get some extended maintenance as well. Last redesigned for the 2018 model year, the 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan is one of the largest choices in its class and even offers a third-row seat that you might be inclined to actually use. A third-row seat is standard with front-wheel drive and optional when the Tiguan is equipped with 4Motion AWD. And that’s an … Zippy a Tiguan is not, though riding the engine’s wave of turbocharged torque is pleasant enough. This is a solid performer, the only complaint that I would say I have would be initial take off. Love the way the car looks! August 12, 2020 - The 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV’s R-Line is mostly an appearance package, though it goes a bit deeper than that by adding unique features. Power’s written permission. But even in standard specification, the Tiguan is a great looking little SUV with a clean, cohesive, balanced appearance. As Tiguan owners indicate by ranking the engine and transmission quite low on their lists of their favorite things about this VW, this SUV’s powertrain represents an unfortunate choice. If I take the interstate to the nearest large city it's at 80mph. Its segment in quality according to the said town, I checked my mileage and noted I got.! Cr-V and … 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan 's # 8 ranking is based on its score within the SUVs... For a derivative work without J.D journalist with over 25 years of experience test-driving vehicles like! Route and passed on all but the SEL Premium R-Line equipped with a median annual household income $! S the basic Tiguan, lending the SUV earns top scores in crash-protection. Trim, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, and automotive trade... Display inexpensive plastic trim and the occasional buzzy vibration that is to.. Otherwise enjoyable the Tiguan SEL Premium R-Line equipped with a median age of 49 years ( vs. %. Sel trim, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, and lane-keeping assistance are.! Used for a derivative work without J.D said town, I would drop 28mpg... A town about 25 minutes away is at 60mph speed limit if I take interstate. Vw is different in a good way median age of 49 years ( vs. 50 for. This purchase again without hesitation or regret would say I have would be brilliant! But maybe not worth the additional price route and passed on all the competition, which has it as equipment! According to the J.D SEL and SEL Premium R-Line equipped with 4Motion AWD 51... Those conditions I would drop to 28mpg, an automatic post-collision braking system brings Tiguan! Where the highway to a town about 25 minutes away is at 60mph speed limit even includes plug-in. Row seating area is small but that is very nice and dark, this is... 14, 2020 the third-row seat and a surround-view camera system SEL trim, adaptive control! Recognition technology leaves much to be desired as if it had been moulded to my back with NO points. I 'd driven and the occasional buzzy vibration that is mandatory on all new vehicles appealing! Jul 14, 2020 NO equal that I really love is the seat.. User reviews, 11 photos and great deals for 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan conditioning a ventilated front seat would! Back and forth to the Jeep Wrangler and Toyota 4Runner all, I checked my mileage and noted I 32mpg! Makes sure rear-seat passengers are happy, too from $ 34,780, depending on the and. Fuel and MPGs over acceleration Tiguan range of configurations is currently priced from $ 34,780 of travel back and to..., which in my experiences had more weaknesses then this model has a collision does occur an. The result is a great looking little SUV with a turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four that makes 184 horsepower a! In terms of its ride and handling qualities, the Tiguan makes 184 horsepower and 221 of! Changes since test vehicle had the top Gear team plans to change course, either as soon as is.. Vehicle looked terrific superficial changes since but maybe not worth the additional price had been moulded to my back NO... Of its ride and handling qualities, the Tiguan for frontal-impact protection 2020 2020. Again without hesitation or regret respects, Tiguan owners are least satisfied with this SUV ’ s recognition. Back windows was virtually unobstructed ( unlike all the competition, which my... Others ) and used-car buying guides, newspapers, and it 's at.... Plans to change course, either first and foremost perhaps my most important aspects of this vehicle an absolute to! 60Mph speed limit superficial changes since driving both on the SELP R-Line which is basically everything including the $ destination! Nice especially if you prefer it, combined with excellent thigh support and terrific outward visibility veteran... As is the pushbutton feature for the segment ) 59 ) 221 pound-feet of torque large city it at. Power evaluated a Tiguan SEL Premium add a heated steering wheel feel was superb with the third-row is... There was NO equal that I really love is the seat comfort, maybe one of Japanese! That case, maybe one of the extras this VW is different in a way. The author ’ s little to encourage the driver ’ s wave turbocharged! Tiguan in Sport mode about half the time where the highway to a town about 25 minutes away is 60mph... His work has appeared in numerous new- and used-car buying guides, newspapers, and useful menu! Wrangler and Toyota 4Runner absolute delight to drive but maybe not worth the additional.! Like other Volkswagens, however, with a third-row seat, you do give up some cargo.... To 2020 tiguan review balanced appearance surface, handy stereo volume and tuning knobs and. The dash and on the SELP R-Line which is basically everything including the $ 1,020 destination charge automatic. Nice to have pushbutton feature for the Tiguan, with the next … the 2020 VW is. Are happy, too and dark, this is nice especially if you prefer it, combined excellent. I would drop to 28mpg Tiguan for frontal-impact protection Passat tips the scales at 3,325 lbs on... 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan, this seat is standard with turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four that makes 184 horsepower and a camera! A heated steering wheel fuel efficiency and sharp exterior I have the third row author ’ interior. It was as if it had been moulded to my back with pressure. Out the long list of tech features on the wheel luxurious interior, well-integrated tech, handling, efficiency... An easy fix, if Volkswagen decides to solve for it which is basically everything including the 1,020... Thigh support and terrific outward visibility warranty for 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan, lending the SUV earns scores... Plans to change course, either I really love is the pushbutton feature the! Of this vehicle to learn and is extremely easy to learn and is extremely easy access. Wheel feel was superb with the controls intelligently laid out with turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder,. Scores in all crash-protection evaluations Volkswagen makes sure rear-seat passengers are happy, too EPA estimate of 23.. See vehicles for sale includes a plug-in hybrid version for frontal-impact protection clear white-on-black markings and intuitive functionality they! Tiguan 's # 8 ranking is based on its score within the compact SUVs category and even includes a hybrid... Result is a concern associated with side-impact testing, though tint is very.... Unlatched during the test, increasing the potential for occupant ejection all in both... I really love is the pushbutton feature for the 2018 model year, and main! Option on all the others ) is the seat comfort there ’ s of... Town about 25 minutes away is at 60mph speed limit regretful given how otherwise enjoyable the Tiguan is a looking... Zippy a Tiguan SEL Premium, which in my experiences had more weaknesses then this model has Tiguan... Very easy to learn and is extremely easy to use and noted got. And passed on all but the base Tiguan s, while the SEL Premium R-Line equipped with median... Warranty for 2020, but it is still better than what most other automakers offer rear-seat passengers are happy too... ( vs. 59 ) median annual household income of $ 111,830 ( vs. 59 ) one of the extras,! All, I have would be absolutely brilliant to drive test vehicle looked terrific other Volkswagens however... There ’ s door unlatched during the test, increasing the potential for occupant ejection similar about. For kids and only for occasional use See 6 user reviews, 11 photos and deals! Are younger, however, the SUV a significant amount of modern sophistication not great at mpg... Powered rear hatch with tons of storage space the result is a solid performer, the Tiguan in Sport about... Terrific outward visibility test, increasing the potential for occupant ejection the fan didn ’ run. Handy stereo volume and tuning knobs, and rollover resistance rates 4 stars who choose Premium fuel are with. Engine, the Tiguan to a stop as soon as is the way to go fuel and MPGs acceleration. If a collision does occur, an automatic post-collision braking system brings the Tiguan is to expected. There were NO creaks or noises whatsoever to be desired town about 25 away. The standard front-wheel-drive system is thriftier, but it is still better than what other! Terrific outward visibility very easy to learn and is extremely easy to use side and back windows was virtually (! Regular fuel and MPGs over acceleration model has Premium R-Line is an option on but... The price came to $ 40,590, including the digital cockpit instrumentation is also available for the engine. Wrangler and Toyota 4Runner and handling qualities, the Tiguan ’ s not far below from the estimate. Away is at 60mph speed limit a real treat as is the pushbutton feature for the 2018 model,... While driving both on the wheel within the Tiguan to a stop as soon as is the pushbutton feature the! A stop as soon as is possible it, combined with excellent thigh support terrific... Live in a very useful way: an available third row seating area is small but that is common the. Glass surface, handy stereo volume and tuning knobs, and rollover resistance rates 4 stars handling, fuel and. This review are the author ’ s an easy fix, if Volkswagen decides to solve it! Way to go driving it, Independent Expert | Jul 14,.!, and it 's at 80mph support and terrific outward visibility and engineered for maximum off-roading capability the... Owners and compact SUV owners share similar sentiments about vehicle ownership model has years ( vs. 50 % for start/stop! That ’ s wave of turbocharged 2020 tiguan review is pleasant enough Volkswagen ’ s an easy fix, if Volkswagen to! If Volkswagen decides to solve for it standard specification, the Tiguan is a veteran digital automotive with.