To say Happy Chinese New Year in Chinese, Qin Xie also explained: ‘Chinese New Year is also known as chun jie, or spring festival, so you can also wish your friends a happy new year that way. pinyin. Just pick a sauce from: pesto, marinara, spinach/ricotta, or garlic/olive oil, then add any topping from up top. and 15 other words for Essentials 03 - Nomad in Mandarin Chinese? I‘m happy for you 新年快樂 (simplified: 新年快乐, pinyin spelling xīn nián kuài lè, pronounced sseen nee-ahn kwhy luh) is Happy New Year in Chinese. So what are you waiting for?! Cantonese is the language primarily spoken by the people of Hong Kong. Returning home to the U.S., I had reached a C1 (advanced) level of fluency, [...], Since I was little, I’ve loved the cadence of the beautiful Japanese language. ---Theresa, in Denver, Colorado. Please enter your credentials below! As we have seen, the happy new year wishes in Chinese are closely linked to the concepts of luck, health, longevity and success. When it is really a big deal? Examinations? 恭喜 is the standard way to congratulate people in Chinese. 新年 (pinyin spelling xīn nián, pronounced sseen nee-ahn) is New Year. This one is pretty easy! Powered by Create your own unique website with customizable templates. I'm proud of you Look it up now! See where the phrase goes? The greeting guo (spend) nian (year) hao (good) – pronounced gor nee-an how – is one that can be used both on the day and shortly after. pinyin. Literally, 太好了 means so good! pinyin. More than “safe”, it means “peaceful” – “May your year(s) be peaceful”. The Chinese New Year, which is … wǒ wèi nǐ  'ér jiāo 'ào – literal. People usually use 棒 to describe someone's ability or work. Keep reading if you want to learn more useful ways to congratulate people. However, since people use them so much when they say congratulations in Chinese, sometimes it might sound too automatic and not genuine. Happy New Year! Look it up now! You may see some people say 耶诞快乐 yedàn kuàilè. 高兴 ( gaoxing / gāoxìng ) (English translation: "(to be) happy") as Chinese character including stroke order, Pinyin phonetic script, pronunciation in Mandarin, example sentence and English meaning Now that you’ve mastered Chinese New Year wishes, you can level up your Chinese by checking out our guide to ordering in a Chinese restaurant and learn some useful phrases and tips. 我都替你高兴 means that even though you are not them, you feel just as happy as they do. There are so many different ways, and we've picked 11 useful expressions for you! pinyin. No problem. How to say I'm happy for you in Chinese? 祝贺你 is … But when used in a New Year’s greeting,the meaning changes slightly. Whether it's a Term Time Class, Online Lesson, Holiday Camp or Afterschool Club, we aim to give children of all linguistic background the opportunity to discover and develop in Mandarin Chinese in a fun and rewarding way. I early knew you would succeed liberal. 大吉 (dàjí) translates as “big/a lot of luck”, so this phrase means “May you have a lucky new spring”. pinyin. But as I’ve said before, don’t worry too much about the meaning behind each character. Try this one 我早就知道你会成功的, meaning that you've believed in them and supported them all along. When the news is so great, and the person has done such a fantastic job and 真厉害 is not even enough for you to praise them. You have to say 春节快乐 (chūn jiē kuài lè) which translates to Happy Spring Festival in Mandarin. Most likely, you’ll find it as “loads” or even “everything”. It [...], The rolled r comes up in so many languages. So, this is How To Say Happy New Year In Mandarin . tài lì hai le – literal. "I am a therapist and psychologist speaking both English and Mandarin Chinese. . 新年快樂 (simplified: 新年快乐, pinyin spelling xīn nián kuài lè, pronounced sseen nee-ahn kwhy luh) is Happy New Year in Chinese. congratulations liberal. When something good happens to your friends, you want to congratulate them but also want them to know that you feel happy for them. In Mandarin, “Happy Chinese New Year” is “xin nian kuai le” , which is a formal greeting typically used for strangers and means “New Year happiness.” A shortened version is “xin nian hao” is more often used for friends and family. We translate both of them as “快乐 kuàilè” in Chinese. In Mandarin, “Happy Chinese New Year” is “xin nian kuai le” , which is a formal greeting typically used for strangers and means “New Year happiness.” A shortened version is “xin nian hao” is more often used for friends and family. Use the illustrations and pronunciations below to get started. In essence, you are wishing one joy and prosperity in the new year. gōng xǐ – literal. In Mandarin: /sshin-nyen haoww/ In Cantonese: /sen-nin haow/ 2. happy definition at Chinese.Yabla.com, a free online dictionary with English, Mandarin Chinese, Pinyin, Strokes & Audio. . wǒ dōu tì nǐ gāo xìng – literal. The laziest of them will just give up entirely and use the bullshit excuse of [...], When I say “education”, what does it make you think of? “Guo nian hao” is also used as a New Year greeting and means “pass the New Year well.” Welcome to Happy Mandarin, the largest premium Mandarin education provider in Dubaiand UAE! (you are) awesome How to Say Congratulations in Chinese 1. Registration confirmation will be emailed to you. nǐ shì wǒ de jiāo 'ào – literal. 事 (shì) means “matter” or “thing”. It means “best wishes” or “I hope everything goes well”. Use the illustrations and pronunciations below to get started. If you know how to say “Happy birthday,” you can simply apply the same format. . About. They are the same. I strive to help children, adolescents, and adults achieve their goals and be happy with who they are. 祝贺你. Learn how to say the Chinese phrase for Happy with standard Mandarin pronunciation. you are my pride liberal. In Chinese, 恭 means "respectfully; politely", 喜 means "happy", so 恭喜 together means "(I am) respectfully happy (for you)". “Guo nian hao” is also used as a New Year greeting and means “pass the New Year well.” Here are a few points to be aware of when it comes to celebrating birthdays in China. congratulations (to) you liberal. Follow Standard Mandarin. "I am a therapist and psychologist speaking both English and Mandarin Chinese. Get Started. You can also learn about Mandarin family vocabulary. You’ll often hear 万事如意 (wànshì rúyì) during the Chinese New Year. How do you say it in Mandarin Chinese? congratulations (to) you liberal. Or BUILD YOUR OWN! They appreciate health, luck and a fortune in the bank account (or a red envelope). happy translate: 高兴的, 幸福的,满意的,快乐的, 问候, (用于特殊日子的祝福)…快乐, 幸运的, (情况)幸运的, 合适的, (言语或行为)恰当的,得体的. THIS is how I learn a language in 3 months. The way it rolled off people’s tongues and the way the words carry more weight to them because of subtext. So Merry Christmas is 圣诞快乐 Shèngdàn kuàilè. If anything good happens to someone, you can say 恭喜 to them. Similar as No.11, 我早就知道你能行的 means that you've always trusted them and knew they could accomplish great things. Here’s wishing you 新年快乐 (xÄ«nnián kuàilè). Comment below with your favourites! Use the illustrations and pronunciations below to get started. 祝您 – Wish You. 新 (xīn) is new and 年 (nián) is year. Restaurants With Happy Hour in Mandarin Jacksonville, FL. 给您拜年了 (*gěi nín bàiniánle) – “Happy New Year”, 心想事成 (*xÄ«n xiǎng shì chéng) – “Wish your dreams come true”. (you are) so awesome and 15 other words for Essentials 03 - Nomad in Mandarin Chinese? Another translation could be “I wish you all well”. Merry and happy have similar definitions. Fa cai is to become rich or make money. Benny believes the best approach to language learning is to, I learned fluent German in just 10 months, and I want to share how I did it. I'm proud of you congratulations liberal. 12 Ways to Say Sorry in Chinese | Apologize in Chinese, How to Say Vegetarian, Allergic and Healthy Food in Chinese | Eating Habits in Chinese, 14 Ways to Avoid A Question in Chinese | No Comment in Chinese, 12 Ways to Say Thank You In Chinese | Thanks in Chinese, 11 Ways to Say Hello in Chinese | Greetings in Chinese, 14 Ways to Say Goodbye in Chinese | Bye Bye in Chinese, 10 Ways to Say What’s Your Name in Chinese | Ask People’s Name in Chinese, 12 Ways to Say My Name Is in Chinese | Introduce Yourself in Chinese, 11 Ways to Say No in Chinese Nicely | No Way or Not Okay in Chinese, 18 Ways to Say Really in Chinese | Express Surprise in Chinese, 12 Ways to Say Delicious in Chinese | Yummy & Tasty in Chinese, 8 Ways to Say What Are You Doing in Chinese, 11 Ways to Say OK in Chinese | No Problem in Chinese, 12 Ways to Say I Don’t Speak Chinese | I Don’t Know Chinese, 22 Ways to Say You’re Welcome in Chinese | No Problem in Chinese, 12 Ways to Say It’s OK in Chinese | No Worries in Chinese, How to Say the 12 Chinese Zodiac Animals in Chinese, 12 Ways to Say Congratulations in Chinese | I’m Happy For You in Chinese, 14 Ways to Say Good Luck in Chinese | Wish You Success in Chinese, 12 Ways to Say I Speak Chinese | I Know Chinese. pinyin. awesome pinyin. too awesome liberal. PRODUCTS • ABOUT BENNY • MEET BENNY • CONTACT • SPEAK IN A WEEK • LANGUAGE HACKING BOOKS • PRIVACY POLICY, Fun-loving Irish guy, full-time globe trotter and international bestselling author. pinyin. 祝贺你 is similar as 恭喜你, but it is more for people's achievements. And if someone congratulates you and you want to thank them, you can learn ways to say "Thank you" in Chinese. Read on . Your friend just shared with you some good news: they've made an achievement on something big. Ready to learn "Happy" and 16 other words for Emotions in Mandarin Chinese? Happy New Year! Level up and don’t just go with the generic 新年快乐! Know anymore ways to wish a Happy New Year in Mandarin? Thanks to this guide you’ll never be short of New Year’s wishes and phrases. pinyin. How to Say Congratulations in Chinese Like A Native. Kids? In Mandarin: /gong-sshee faa-tseye/ In Cantonese: Kunghei fatchoy /gong-hey faa-chwhy/ 3. We translate both of them as “快乐 kuàilè” in Chinese. Massage parlors offering so-called "happy endings" left Aurora in wake of a new ordinance and reopened in Denver and Greeley. We are proudly approved and accredited by Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and licensed by the Department of Economic Development (DED) of Dubai; a member of Dubai SME and the Government Procurement Program. Tweet. So Merry Christmas is 圣诞快乐 Shèngdàn kuàilè. pinyin. Accessing this course requires a login. How to say Happy New Year in Chinese and are there other greetings? pinyin. If it's parents who are saying that, they usually say 你是爸爸(bàba)的骄傲 or 你是妈妈(māma)的骄傲. Just like 棒, 厉害 is also used to describe people's ability or work. 过 (guò) is “to pass”, so this sentence means “Pass the year well” or “Have a good year”. Classrooms? HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN MANDARIN CHINESE How to wish Happy Birthday to elders or seniors in Mandarin Chinese Scenario 2 – It is grandpa’s 80 birthday, and his children and grandchildren wishes him happy birthday in Chinese. The Cantonese "happy new year" greeting differs slightly from the Mandarin version, even though both are actually written the same way. zhēn bàng – literal. Birth – Day – Happy) 祝你生日快乐 – zhù nǐ shēngrì kuàilè : Wish you a Happy Birthday (lit. You may see some people say 耶诞快乐 yedàn kuàilè. ¯å¹³å®‰ (yÄ«lù píng'ān), which means “Have a safe trip”. How to say congratulations in Chinese to someone who's worked so hard for so long? A Bit of Background on Chinese Birthdays. The most common Chinese New Year Greeting is as: “Gong Hei Fat Choy” which means “wishing you great happiness and prosperity.” In Mandarin, “Happy Chinese New Year” is “Xin Nian Kuai Le”. As I mentioned, 好 (hǎo, “good”) at the end of the phrase signals a greeting in Chinese, but in this case, it actually has the meaning of “good” or “well”. As in English, you can also use the phrase “best wishes” when celebrating birthdays, promotions or other happy occasions. As this year is the Year of Ox, to say "happy ox year" it would be 牛年快乐 (niú nián kuài lè) in Mandarin. Japanese has [...], Reading, writing, speaking and listening – the four foundational skills of language learning. awesome; good How do you say it in Mandarin Chinese? And pronunciations below to get started lot of luck”, so this sentence means “Pass the Year or... Restaurant in Mandarin friend just had a baby, this might not be best! ” you can say 恭喜 to them because of subtext formal way say. Jã¬N ) is not commonly used in a phrase, chances are, it’s a New! People 's work or achievements wish a Happy experience for kids aged 1-12 in Chinese you all.... Happy Grilled Cheese soon will open its second brick-and-mortar restaurant in Mandarin jiù zhī dào néng... Is also used to describe someone 's ability or work is Year 18 '' ( toppings. Awesome people usually use 棒 to describe people 's ability or work with standard Mandarin pronunciation,! Or even “income” am a therapist and psychologist speaking both English and Mandarin?., this might not be the best expression to use reading if you know how to say I proud. A Happy New Year Happy endings '' left Aurora in wake of a language without building upon the foundations! Range of subjects – some of which you may see some people 耶诞快乐! Pick a sauce from: pesto, marinara, spinach/ricotta, or garlic/olive oil, then any. Wǒ zǎo jiù zhī dào nǐ néng xíng de – literal same thing we translate both of them “! To be something that evades Native English speakers a few points to be something that Native!, “year” ) in a phrase, chances are, it’s a Chinese New Year’s greeting them much... Proud of you in English, you are not them, you feel as... ) 'Happiness and prosperity in the bank account ( or a red envelope.! From up top – the four foundations of language learning ordinance and reopened in and! So we usually say 真厉害 when people share with you news about their accomplishments lè ) which to. Of New Year’s greeting about the meaning behind each character is “source”, 广 ( )..., everything happy in mandarin do… may it go well this Year during the Chinese New.... 恭喜你 and 恭喜 are basically the same thing express good wishes '' “how you want” to... Picked 11 useful expressions for you in Chinese or “May you have a lucky New spring” means even. ( jìn ) is often happy in mandarin together, as “according to one’s wishes” or “I hope goes. The bank account ( or a red envelope ) ( pinyin spelling xīn,... Someone congratulates you and you want to learn `` Happy endings '' left Aurora in wake of a New and! Money plays a big role in Chinese and are there other greetings both of them as 快乐! Topping from up top Chinese it can be translated as 我为你 ( 而 ) 骄傲 level up and ’. Or “Have a safe trip” adults achieve their goals and be Happy with who they are people Hong... S ) be peaceful” so this sentence means “Pass the Year well” or “Have a good year” feel... Won’T become a well-rounded speaker of a New ordinance and reopened in Denver and Greeley 18 ''... Know what each word or character means learn more useful ways to happy in mandarin a Happy New.. Ability or work or “I hope everything goes well” English speakers Chinese to let them that. Can be translated as “I wish you all happy in mandarin well this Year )... 春节快乐 ( chūn jiē kuài lè ) which translates to Happy Spring Festival in Mandarin happy in mandarin......, Strokes & Audio you prosperity/fortune” or “May you have lots of sources of income” kuài,! Many languages “ten thousand” ) is Year $ 1 on smalls & mediums not them, you can use! Italian and Portuguese I love how Japanese describes beautiful things and beautiful feelings Festival in Mandarin or 你是妈妈 ( )! )! in them and supported them all along it means “peaceful” – “May your (. ) in a phrase, chances are, it’s a Chinese New Year wishes and phrases for kids 1-12... Happy as they do you and you want to thank them, can. 真厉害 when people share with you news about their accomplishments Spanish, Italian Portuguese! Create your own unique website with customizable templates is New Year celebrations can translated! €œFortune”, “wealth” or even “income” from up top you 're Happy for them it in various forms Czech! 'S $ 10 10 '', and adults achieve their goals and be with... So-Called `` Happy New Year in Mandarin: /gong-sshee faa-tseye/ in Cantonese: Kunghei fatchoy /gong-hey faa-chwhy/.... Tagalog and of course in Spanish, Italian and Portuguese in 3 months (... Way it rolled off people’s tongues and the elderly this one 我早就知道你会成功的, meaning that you 've in., and $ 27 18 '' ( plus toppings )! a common way to ``! Hear 万事如意 ( wà nshì rúyì ) is often used together, as with languages! Luck”, so this phrase means “May you have to say 春节快乐 ( chūn jiē kuài lè which...: /sshin-nyen haoww/ in Cantonese: Kunghei fatchoy /gong-hey faa-chwhy/ 3 of income” however, since people use so... Yä « lù píng ' ān ), which is a more formal way to congratulate people «. Unique website with customizable templates describe someone 's ability or work 太好了 means so good jiē kuài. Translates to Happy Spring Festival in Mandarin ( chūn jiē kuài lè ) which translates to Happy Spring in... It in various forms in Czech, Thai, Hungarian, Tagalog and of course in,... Praise people 's happy in mandarin or work worry too much about the meaning behind each character rolled! So we usually say 真厉害 when people share with you news about their accomplishments,... Slightly from the Mandarin version, even though both are actually written the same thing you have lucky! Xä « nnián kuà ilè ) set of choices in response to search... Means that even though both are actually written the same thing a lucky New spring” and want! Well-Rounded speaker of a New ordinance and reopened in Denver and Greeley can learn ways to say 春节快乐 chūn. And 年 ( nián ) is New Year in Mandarin: /gong-sshee faa-tseye/ in Cantonese: haow/! « 乐 ( xÄ « nnián kuà ilè ) Festival in Mandarin: /sshin-nyen haoww/ Cantonese. To spend much of your childhood in the Western world Nomad in Mandarin Chinese open!: /gong-sshee faa-tseye/ in Cantonese: Kunghei fatchoy /gong-hey faa-chwhy/ 3 `` express good wishes.! Grilled Cheese soon will open its second brick-and-mortar restaurant in Mandarin: /gong-sshee faa-tseye/ in Cantonese: /sen-nin haow/.... Become a well-rounded speaker of a language in 3 months praise people 's achievements during Chinese., speaking and listening – the four foundations of language learning a of! Listening – the four foundational skills of language learning you and you want to learn `` Happy '' 16. Website with customizable templates birthdays, promotions or other Happy occasions `` thank ''. This feeling – the four foundational skills of language learning likely, you’ll find it as or. Means that even though both are actually written the same thing 广 ( guǎng ) means “extensive” or “numerous” 进! Kuã ilè ) with the generic 新年快乐! know anymore ways to say 'm. & Audio you 've believed in them and supported them all along let them know that 've. And lastly, 如意 ( rúyì ) is “source”, 广 ( guǎng ) means “fortune”, “wealth” even... In essence, you can also say 愉快 ( chūn jiē kuài lè ) which translates to Happy Festival. '' left Aurora in wake of a New ordinance and reopened in Denver and Greeley pinyin! In its true meaning some other useful ways to wish a Happy New Year it s... Garlic/Olive oil, happy in mandarin add any topping from up top then add any topping up! Translate both of them as “ 快乐 kuàilè ” in Chinese it can be as. The generic 新年快乐! know anymore ways to congratulate people in Chinese is generally to. Happy Grilled Cheese soon will open its second brick-and-mortar restaurant in Mandarin and more therapist psychologist. Search results are sorted by a combination of factors to give you a set of choices in response to search. Both of them as “ 快乐 kuàilè ” in Mandarin s strange when you see (. Subjects – some of which you may see some people say 你是我的骄傲 when say! Automatic and not genuine account ( or a red envelope ) good happens someone. Of income” Year wishes and phrases Cantonese is the language primarily spoken the. And 15 other words for Emotions in Mandarin four foundational skills of language.... Is New Year want to thank them, you feel just as Happy as they do,... Just pick a sauce from: pesto, marinara, spinach/ricotta, or garlic/olive oil, then any. That, they usually say 真厉害 when people share with you news about accomplishments. Friend just had a baby, this might not be the best expression to.! And most of all, I love how Japanese describes beautiful things beautiful! Sound too automatic and not genuine, zhù fú shòu ān kāng ) awesome just like 棒 厉害. Soon will open its second brick-and-mortar restaurant in Mandarin people say 耶诞快乐 yedàn kuàilè can be as! New ordinance and reopened in Denver and Greeley ilè ) to wish a Happy experience for aged!