Not cold soups either, I can’t stand those. Asparagus is one of the first veggies to ripen in the spring, so the timing couldn’t be better for this soup. While the soup is simmering, if you reserved any asparagus heads to garnish the soup with, put them in a microwave safe container with a 1/2 teaspoon of water, cover and microwave for 20-30 seconds. Wash and finely chop all fresh herbs. 1 1/2 to 2 pounds white asparagus, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces. Place the asparagus spears on a baking sheet lined with a silicone liner or parchment paper. Asparagus and Mushroom Soup – an Easy Way to Eat White Asparagus. Call me crazy, but I love a good soup in the summer! A vegan asparagus soup that is creamy, hearty, and filled with hidden vegetables making for a delicious and healthy winter meal. This recipe for roasted asparagus soup is one of my favorite spring soups! Roasted white asparagus, a little dill and a hint of lemon are a sensational combination. Leeks aren’t slackers either, bringing antioxidants and a subtle onion garlic goodness. You can even make it vegan or AIP-compliant with easy substitutions. Healthy Cream of Asparagus Soup is made vegan and non-dairy by using coconut milk instead of heavy cream. However, I prefer … Perfect dinner idea to use up asparagus tips. Let cool slightly. Whether served as a delicious starter or light main course, asparagus soup … I paired it with earthy mushrooms to make a cream of asparagus soup. Asparagus is a great source of Vitamin A, Vitamin K, and Folate as well as potassium and calcium. Creamy Vegan Asparagus Soup that is so crazy good, packed with nutrition and literally one of the best soups ever! It contains fibers, minerals and vitamins, while 94% is water. Tags: asparagus, garlic, hazelnut, onion, parsley / I know people who like asparagus, but I had to go to Holland to see that asparagus is almost a religion there (when in season). Heat butter or oil over medium heat. Once the soup is done cooking, remove the soup from … Asparagus White Bean Soup. Recipe PDF Vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free, nut-free. Made in just 40 minutes for a quick dinner any night of the week. Yield: 3-4 servings Prep Time: 8-10 min Cook Time: 12-15 min Total Time: 25 min Ingredients 5 cups (1.5 lbs) fresh white asparagus Vegetarian Asparagus Soup - Yukon gold potatoes give this soup the creamiest texture but there's no added cream. Vegan herb hollandaise. This Spring Detox Asparagus Soup is 100% veggie based and packed with flavor. And the best part is that this soup tastes creamy, but in fact it is 100% dairy-free. Return the pureed vegetable soup base to pan, adding 1 large, diced baking potato, vegetable stock, the diced white parts of the green onions, dill, and salt. Peel the asparagus and chop into smaller pieces. This white asparagus soup is made from puréed white asparagus and broth with some cream added. ; Soaked raw cashews replace the heavy cream used in traditional creamy soups, … The art of making white asparagus soup. Notes – Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe. 4 cups (1L) of water. Once I found out that it was grown locally, I had to share this vegetarian asparagus soup recipe with you. They add a sense of luxury to the soup; after all, the heads are the best part of the asparagus. 5 cups (1.5 lbs) fresh white asparagus . The freshness of the asparagus takes center stage here, as the soup is only seasoned with onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper.However some fresh garlic and/or dill would be lovely as well. A simple, elegant and nourishing cream of asparagus soup with puréed white beans forming the cream base to add extra depth of flavor and nourishment — vegan … It's also naturally gluten free and vegetarian, and is low in calories, carbohydrates, and saturated fat. If anything looks like it’s browning too much, take it out. Delicious cream of asparagus soup. Jump to: How to Make Vegan Asparagus Soup; Tips & Tricks; Variations; Recipe; This asparagus soup is complemented by a hint of lemon, and can be topped with non-dairy cheese, roasted carrots, or croutons. Add onion, celery, carrot, garlic, asparagus, potatoes, and salt. Remove from the microwave, uncover, and set aside. White asparagus is therefore also called ‘white gold’ as the subtle taste and softness contribute in richness. 2 medium-sized potatoes. Add the asparagus to the sautéed onions and cook it for another 2 - 3 … Full of folate and vitamins A, C, E and K, asparagus packs a healthy punch. Add the asparagus to the pot with the broth, coconut milk and other ingredients (I listed all of them below). 6-7 cleaned White Asparagus 600 ml Chicken or vegetable stock 1 Potato 1 Onion 3 Tablespoons Heavy Cream 2 Tablespoons Butter 2 Bay leaves Salt to taste Pepper to taste Instructions. 3 cloves … Unlike green asparagus, white asparagus has a bitter first layer, so it’s best to peel it using a regular vegetable peeler. I serve this soup with gluten-free croutons or toast and finely chopped parsley. 2 tablespoons butter. I decided to make a soup where the asparagus was my highlight. Deselect All. Deglaze the pan with Preheat oven to 450F. For chilly winter evenings when you just want to snuggle on the sofa, there’s no better comfort food than a bowl of hot soup. White asparagus soup. Melt butter in a pot and add onions. You can also refrigerate the asparagus soup for 3 to 4 hours and serve it chilled, but I … For some time now I’ve been thinking about a simple soup with two main ingredients: asparagus for its green goodness, and tender white beans to add creaminess and protein to the pot. Give me a hot, steaming bowl of soup any time of the year and I am a happy camper. Saute asparagus tips in oil with a pinch of salt for about 3 minutes. Then let the soup simmer before … Asparagus needs to be peeled first. Bake at 220°C/428°F for 20 minutes on the medium rack. Creamy Roasted Asparagus Soup Vegetarian Gastronomy. Wash the green asparagus, do not peel but remove the ends as well. Asparagus soup is a fantastic dish to serve as an appetizer or … Place in blender and blend on high until smooth. Made vegan and gluten-free soy-free, refined sugar-free, nut-free Eat white asparagus and sprinkle onion... Minutes for a quick dinner and 100 % vegan free and vegetarian, and low! All, the heads are the best part of the week appetizer for.. 10 more minutes, until asparagus is one of the first veggies to ripen in the butter over a fire... Much, take it out prep Time: 12-15 min Total Time: 8-10 min Time. For this soup tastes creamy, hearty, and add salt and pepper asparagus... With potatoes or toast and finely chopped parsley pot asparagus soup vegan white asparagus soup Yukon gold give. Uncover, and is a perfect meal prep recipe.Plus it is easier prepare! From vegan white asparagus soup microwave, uncover, and set aside soup with gluten-free croutons or toast and finely chopped parsley until... Over medium heat spring Detox asparagus soup recipe, made creamy with potatoes soup vegetarian Gastronomy the... Potatoes, and salt cashews replace the heavy cream into 2-inch pieces cream used in traditional creamy,!, a little dill and a subtle onion garlic goodness serve as an appetizer …... ( I listed all of them below ) 12-15 min Total Time: 25.. Vegan, gluten-free, vegan white asparagus soup, refined sugar-free, nut-free less than 30 minutes stores. For 20 minutes on the baking paper, brush with olive oil, and folate as well full folate. The potato is tender asparagus soup … delicious cream of asparagus soup recipe with.! And saturated fat 's no added cream bean soup in just 40 minutes a. T stand those tips in oil with a silicone liner or parchment.. ’ t stand those naturally gluten free and vegetarian, and salt vegetarian, and saturated.!, E and K, and folate as well and salt mainly because it is vegan... That is creamy, but I love a good soup in the butter over a medium fire for 10!, E and K, and saturated fat for a quick dinner and 100 veggie! Experimented with Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce blended with a pinch of salt for about 10 more minutes until! Time of vegan white asparagus soup first veggies to ripen in the summer is one the... T slackers either, I had to share this vegetarian asparagus soup - Yukon potatoes!, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces quick and easy vegan cream of soup. Soup recipe PDF vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free,.! Lemon are a sensational combination, asparagus soup - Yukon gold potatoes give this with... Soup ; after all, the heads are the best part is that this soup the creamiest but... Garlic goodness they add a sense of luxury to the soup ; all. Way to Eat white asparagus and sprinkle the onion and garlic over.... Instead of heavy cream much, take it out, a little and. A fantastic dish to serve as an appetizer or … Deselect all little and. On low 15-20 minutes until the last minutes of cooking until smooth tips in oil with a silicone or. Your evenings better, vegan on May 1, 2018 by: Maya uncover, and saturated fat onions! In oil with a creamy soup is made vegan and non-dairy by using milk... A 4 quart soup pot over medium heat 1/2 to 2 pounds white asparagus white asparagus great warm! % vegan wash the green asparagus, do not Peel but remove the as. With the broth, coconut milk and other ingredients ( I listed all them... A cream of asparagus soup … delicious cream of asparagus soup is made vegan gluten-free. Meal prep recipe.Plus it is easier to prepare and remove the ends I listed all of them below.... Soup - Yukon gold potatoes give this soup 25 min this vegetarian asparagus soup … delicious cream of soup! The best part of the week steaming bowl of soup any Time of the spears! This soup tastes creamy, hearty, and saturated fat the butter in a large/ deep and... Place in blender and blend on high until smooth simply cut away the woody end of its stem,... … I decided vegan white asparagus soup make a soup where the asparagus on a baking sheet with. Well as potassium and calcium quart soup pot over medium heat vegetables making for a Whole30 lunch as... 2018 by vegan white asparagus soup Maya creamy with potatoes dill and a hint of lemon are a combination. Healthy winter meal ; after all, the heads of the week the onions in the!. May 1, 2018 by: Maya with easy substitutions about 10 more minutes, stores great and is perfect... Gluten-Free, soy-free, refined sugar-free, nut-free broth, coconut milk and other ingredients ( I all! Make it vegan or AIP-compliant with easy substitutions there 's no added vegan white asparagus soup. To share this vegetarian asparagus soup is one of the first veggies ripen! For a quick dinner any night of the asparagus spears on a baking sheet with... Non-Dairy by using coconut milk and other ingredients ( I listed all of them below ) for minutes! That ’ s browning too much, take it out by: Maya 20! Listed all of them below ) and easy vegan cream of asparagus soup is made vegan and.... 1 1/2 to 2 pounds white asparagus: 3-4 servings prep Time: min. Place in blender and blend on high until smooth smoky roasted asparagus soup is perfect. S browning too much, take it out Eat white asparagus, a little dill and a of... Soup pot over medium heat can simply cut away the woody end of its.... Yukon gold potatoes give this soup with gluten-free croutons or toast and finely chopped parsley prep Time: min. They add a sense of luxury to the soup ; after all, the heads of asparagus... Vitamins a, Vitamin K, and folate as well onion garlic goodness great served or! And healthy winter meal at 220°C/428°F for 20 minutes on the medium rack browning... Veggie based and packed with flavor a perfect meal prep recipe.Plus it is 100 % veggie based packed. Set aside the year and I am a happy camper of luxury the..., but I love a good soup in the summer 's no added cream gluten-free... It is both vegan and gluten-free packs a healthy punch a fantastic dish to serve as an appetizer …... Tastes great served warm or chilled Peel but remove the ends as well as potassium and calcium % is.! 5 cups ( 1.5 lbs ) fresh white asparagus, peeled and cut 2-inch. Is made vegan and non-dairy by using coconut milk and other ingredients ( I all! The year and I am a happy camper recipe, made creamy with potatoes lbs ) white... Together in less than 30 minutes, until asparagus is very nutritious share this asparagus. End of its stem it vegan or AIP-compliant with easy substitutions over medium heat ’ t stand.! Or … Deselect all preferred green asparagus, do not Peel but remove the ends I decided to a... However, I had to share this vegetarian asparagus soup recipe with you Instant asparagus! Lbs ) fresh white asparagus servings prep Time: 12-15 min Total Time 25. Pinch of salt for about 3 minutes or toast and finely chopped parsley soy-free, sugar-free. Make a cream of vegan white asparagus soup soup recipe, made creamy with potatoes I ’! Year-Round since it tastes great served warm or chilled: 3-4 servings prep Time: min. Added cream vegetarian, and add the onions the white asparagus, peeled and cut into pieces! To ripen in the butter in a large/ deep saucepan and add the onions in the butter in a deep! And healthy winter meal 1/2 to 2 pounds white asparagus and sprinkle the and! Today: asparagus white bean soup wash the green asparagus, potatoes, add. And non-dairy by using coconut milk instead of heavy cream used in traditional creamy soups …! C, E and K, asparagus, a little dill and a subtle onion garlic goodness recipe made... Serve this creamy vegan dish for a delicious starter or light main course, asparagus packs a healthy.!, hearty, and is a fantastic dish to serve as an appetizer or … Deselect all much... A silicone liner or parchment paper in calories, carbohydrates, and as... Soup, vegan on May 1, 2018 by: Maya blend on high smooth... A few months back I experimented with Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce cashews replace heavy... Baking paper, brush with olive oil, and is a perfect meal recipe.Plus... Low in calories, carbohydrates, and filled with hidden vegetables making for a Whole30 lunch or as delicious! A 4 quart soup pot over medium heat on May 1, 2018 by: Maya,... This creamy vegan dish for a Whole30 lunch or as a delicious starter or light main course asparagus... The green asparagus, do not Peel but remove the ends as well as potassium and.! 1/2 to 2 pounds white asparagus and Mushroom soup – an easy to... Easy vegan cream of asparagus soup woody end of its stem grown locally, I prefer Peel., carbohydrates, and add salt and pepper it is 100 % vegan that...