It's a classic Skinny Puppy song. Album Details. Reviewed in the United States on February 5, 2016. 11 tracks (61:08). lot's of great electronic tracks, with well placed overdriven guitar. Lots of surface noise, super quiet audio, and really muffled midrange. Either improve, merge, redirect, or delete (currently 441) unsourced industrial music articles: Go to this page. As a result, it sound muffled and veiled, by far the worst sounding of all SP's studio albums. I find these songs more enjoyable individually as opposed to a collective whole. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Upon it’s release, Rabies was a controversial album that divided the fanbase of the band. A great record start to finish. [dropcap]On[/dropcap] November 21st 1989, Skinny Puppy released their 5th studio album Rabies, an album that was produced by Ministry’s Al Jourgensen resulting in a more guitar driven sound that caused some to categorize the album as being more a Ministry/Skinny Puppy hybrid record. Skinny Puppy The Greater Wrong of the Right (2004) Another great album this list is cray. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Find Skinny Puppy discography, albums and singles on AllMusic. Spahn Dirge. I can't say I have listened to their albums often enough to have as good an opinion as you on their material. Despite the challenges surrounding the Rabies sessions, the album sells well. "Rabies" isn't a terrible release. This record sounds like a Ministry - Skinny Puppy collaboration because it is. Skinny Puppy The group is widely considered to be one of the founders of the industrial rock and electro-industrial genres. For Skinny Puppy's fifth album, Rabies, released in 1989, Jourgensen joined Rave as producer. Their next album, Too Dark Park, was released in 1990. It was released on November 21, 1989 through Nettwerk. even if its not my sort of thing. Skinny Puppy Mythmaker (2007): 12: 12. I find these songs more enjoyable individually as opposed to a collective whole. Their reunion album in 2004 the Kevins said in an interview that they love each other aww. skinny puppy will always be one of those bands who i dont say they're bad but they're just not my kind of thing. 13: 13. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Audio CD, Import, Original recording reissued, April 2, 1996. It literally sounds like the '89 version... muddy and low volume. Reviewed in the United States on October 31, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on April 21, 2016. Willie Moderator Later on, a year or so after i had found Bites on cassette and listened to it while reading 1984, other Puppy albums would eclipse Rabies as the soundtrack for sea-change in my life, but Rabies remains a classic industrial album containing seminal tracks such as Worlock, Tin Omen and Rodent. Vinyl LP pressing. When you listen to this album, please PLEASE don't make any judgement calls on it before you finish it. I have the Process and Rabies and I will give them both another thorough listen. 13: 13. The album notably features Ministry frontman Al Jourgensen … The 2019 vinyl re-pressing is pretty poor. It's a classic Skinny Puppy song. Fascist Jockitch 5. I can't say I have listened to their albums often enough to have as good an opinion as you on their material. If only it was included on the original release. Here, you can check out a complete list of the best Skinny Puppy albums, including every studio release along with pictures of the album covers. Rain 7. probably their most accesible album. The label took years to fix the issues, so there are a lot of "bad" copies floating around as well. The album notably features Ministry frontman Al Jourgensen credited as Alien Jourgensen who performed electric guitar and vocals on several songs. I wish they had remastered it for vinyl. SKINNY PUPPY LYRICS. I truly cannot believe how much better this sounds than my old 1989 copy. Hexonxonx 3. 11 tracks (60:47). Released in 1989, Rabies is the fifth album by Skinny Puppy. Genres: Electro-Industrial. Rabies, an Album by Skinny Puppy. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm. I say this because, if you are like me, you won't make it beyond the first two tracks. The album was notably co-produced by Ministry frontman Al Jourgensen (credited as Alien Jourge This album was my introduction to Skinny Puppy; i met a girl at church camp as a 7th grader, and she endorsed Rabies wholeheartedly. Account & Lists Sign in Account & Lists Returns & Orders. The difference is truly night and day. I truly cannot believe how much better this sounds than my old 1989 copy. Reviewed in the United States on January 15, 2014. As long as you the listener / fan accept this fact you should find this record an enjoyable experience. Released 20 November 1989 on Nettwerk (catalog no. Your selected delivery location is beyond seller's shipping coverage for this item. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. W1-93007; Vinyl LP). I heard about them in a psych ward after I saw someone wearing a skinny puppy dig it tee shirt and was curious :P . It was released on November 21, 1989 through Nettwerk. It was released on November 21, 1989 through Nettwerk. lot's of great electronic tracks, with well placed overdriven guitar. Released in 1989, Rabies is the fifth album by Skinny Puppy. Two Time Grime 4. Listen free to Skinny Puppy – Rabies (Remastered) (Rodent, Hexonxonx and more). It literally sounds like the '89 version... muddy and low volume. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Amazing band that changed my life. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. This album was my introduction to Skinny Puppy; i met a girl at church camp as a 7th grader, and she endorsed Rabies wholeheartedly. … The group formed in 1982 and released its debut EP, Back & Forth, in 1984. This is the remastered version. For Skinny Puppy's fifth album, Rabies, released in 1989, Jourgensen joined Rave as producer. Rabies is the fifth studio album by Skinny Puppy. Rabies is the fifth studio album by Skinny Puppy. Right away, it's clear that Nivek Ogre, cEvin Key, and producer Dave Ogilvie are surfing through a sea of influences, demonic as their own take on these influences might be. Skinny Puppy feels to me feels like they are growers. The Remastered version of "Rabies" sounds so much better than the original. Skinny Puppy’s debut, Remission, was initially released as a six-track 12-inch EP and later expanded to a full album.Its noisy industrial sound, characterized by distorted vocals, sampled sounds, and pounding percussion, paved the way for the crossover successes of countless black-clad combos. This album was my introduction to Skinny Puppy; i met a girl at church camp as a 7th grader, and she endorsed Rabies wholeheartedly. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Choralone 10. This direction proved troubling for Key; in a 1991 interview, he said, "we felt that we could come back in and really concentrate on doing a follow-up album to the last real Skinny Puppy album, which was … Amputate 11. The best Skinny Puppy record in my opinion is Too Dark Park followed closely by VIVI Sect VI and this album Rabies would be my 3rd favorite. i need something like ministry, with heavy guiatars, pounding drums, sonic noise that would make glass shatter. Your Amazon Music account is currently associated with a different marketplace. Released in 1989, Rabies is the fifth album by Skinny Puppy. Released in 1989, Rabies is the fifth album by Skinny Puppy. Reviewed in the United States on August 26, 2019. The album notably features Ministry frontman Al Jourgensen … Rivers 9. This record sounds like a Ministry - Skinny Puppy collaboration because it is. This makes it the perfect touch for SP, and only adds to what they've always brought to the studio. See more ideas about skinny puppy, ogre, skinny. At least four of the album's 11 tracks are perfect examples of Skinny Puppy's sonic attack. Change the number in "depth" to "10". 1. Skinny Puppy is one of the great electro-industrial bands of all time, and arguably the first of its kind. Rated #261 in the best albums of 1989. Reviewed in the United States on September 25, 2013. Listen free to Skinny Puppy – Rabies (Remastered) (Rodent, Hexonxonx and more). Try It sounds like a leftover from Ministry's "Land of Rape and Honey." While not my favorite SP album (that would be Too Dark Park) I'm able to enjoy this much more now than ever before. Album Details. A great record start to finish. Rated #261 in the best albums of 1989. Tin Omen 8. But the album as a whole isn't as interesting compared to what SP had done previously or afterwards. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. The album notably features Ministry frontman Al Jourgensen (credited as Alien Jourgensen) who performed electric guitar and vocals on several songs. Rabies is a solid, sordid album from Skinny Puppy, even if it isn't always the sound of the band operating at their peak. Nov 5, 2017 - Explore Larry McFarland's board "Skinny Puppy", followed by 115 people on Pinterest. Audio CD, Import, Original recording reissued, April 2, 1996, Audio CD, Import, Original recording reissued, June 19, 2001. Too bad too, most of the classic industrial acts are getting more love from whoever gets their hands on the rights to press re-issues but Nettwerk is just cashing in on the current version of the 'people buying vinyl again' craze. W1-93007; Vinyl LP). Rabies by Skinny Puppy - CD (2004) for $15.40 from OLDIES.com Pop / Rock - Order by Phone 1-800-336-4627 Here, you can check out a complete list of the best Skinny Puppy albums, including every studio release along with pictures of the album covers. The original 1989 CD of this album was mistakenly mastered with Dolby B noise reduction. It was released on November 21, 1989 through Nettwerk. Later that year, Skinny Puppy was picked up by Nettwerk and released another EP, Remission, in December 1984.. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Yes, it might be too much metal for some SP fans, but I've always thought that metal was aggressive, dark, and sometimes disturbing. The Greater Wrong of The Right CD. The cover art was made by longtime Skinny Puppy collaborator Steven R. Gilmore. 11 tracks (61:08). … Of all the albums released from '84 to '92 "Rabies" is the odd ball. This album was my introduction to Skinny Puppy; i met a girl at church camp as a 7th grader, and she endorsed Rabies wholeheartedly. Upon it’s release, Rabies was a controversial album that divided the fanbase of the band. Find Skinny Puppy discography, albums and singles on AllMusic ... full condensed blue highlight denotes album pick Filter Discography By Albums Compilations Singles & EPs DVDs & Videos Others All. The best track on Rabies by far is Worlock and my personal favorite Skinny Puppy song. Reviewed in the United States on September 25, 2013. It was released on November 21 1989 through Nettwerk. It's got this muffled sound (I guess no different from the CD that I have bought back in the day). Sold by Amazon.com Services LLC. new sealed vinyl 067003004015 Note: Wow, I can't believe my first post on this board was stickied. Amputate 11. Their next album, Too Dark Park, was released in 1990. The album spawned two singles Tin Omen and Worlock Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm. "Tin Omen I" is by far the superior version. The Canadian electro-industrial band Skinny Puppy has released twelve studio albums and two extended plays along with a number of live albums, compilations, and singles. The album is built on the harsh electronic rock of previous albums, yielding the singles "Tormentor" and "Spasmolytic". Vinyl LP pressing. I have the Process and Rabies and I will give them both another thorough listen. The album is notable for the involvement of Al Jourgensen of Ministry fame and it’s “new sound” aspect: introducing guitars and a harder speed metal element towards the band’s sound. "Rabies" isn't a terrible release. Rabies is the fifth studio album by Skinny Puppy. Their next album, Too Dark Park, was released in 1990. There's much to like about Skinny Puppy's first album. NOW AVAILABLE ON VINYL FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OVER 25 YEARS LANDMARK RELEASES IN INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONIC MUSIC. The album is built on the harsh electronic rock of previous albums, yielding the singles "Tormentor" and "Spasmolytic". In fact, frontman Nivek Ogre performed keyboards and vocals with Ministry on the infamous Mind Is A … I've always been partial towards "Two Time Grime." Listen to your favourite songs from Rabies (Remastered) by Skinny Puppy now. See more ideas about skinny puppy, ogre, skinny. Worlock 6. I say this because, if you are like me, you won't make it beyond the first two tracks. It contains the classic song "Worlock." Too bad too, most of the classic industrial acts are getting more love from whoever gets their hands on the rights to press re-issues but Nettwerk is just cashing in on the current version of the 'people buying vinyl again' craze. Skinny Puppy was one of the first industrial bands I discovered. Their reunion album in 2004 the Kevins said in an interview that they love each other aww. skinny puppy album released 1989 (2019 reissue): rabies. To enjoy Prime Music, go to Your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com (US). The label took years to fix the issues, so there are a lot of "bad" copies floating around as well. When you listen to this album, please PLEASE don't make any judgement calls on it before you finish it. Rabies is the fifth studio album by Skinny Puppy. Reviewed in the United States on November 7, 2019, great album killer sound w al from ministry, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 21, 2020. As a result, it sound muffled and veiled, by far the worst sounding of all SP's studio albums. And "Tin Omen" sounds like it didn't get the Remastered treatment. And if you're a true fan, this is when they were at their apex, and when things started to fall apart. Rain 7. This 1998 CD edition corrects that mistake and has the proper mastering of the album without the life-sucking Dolby applied. The album is built on the harsh electronic rock of previous albums, yielding the singles "Tormentor" and "Spasmolytic". Rabies is a solid, sordid album from Skinny Puppy, even if it isn’t always the sound of the band operating at their peak. The production is, of course, top-notch thanks to Al. Choralone 10. The production is, of course, top-notch thanks to Al. The album was Rabies and, while it's probably one of their more accessible releases, it was very strange and exotic at the time since my musical knowledge was mostly limited to what was played on MTV. If only it was included on the original release. Skinny Puppy The group is widely considered to be one of the founders of the industrial rock and electro-industrial genres. Drawing from the pioneering work of artists like Throbbing Gristle, Cabaret Voltaire, and Suicide, the dark avant-industrial group Skinny Puppy formed in 1982 in Vancouver, British Columbia. Psalm 69: The Way to Succeed & The Way to Suck Eggs. I wish they had remastered it for vinyl. The album notably features Ministry frontman Al Jourgensen who performed electric guitar and vocals on several songs. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 26, 2014, My favourite Skinny Puppy album but easily my most disappointing Skinny Puppy vinyl. Highly recommended. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Mythmaker (Remastered) CD It contains the classic song "Worlock." Skinny Puppy was one of the first industrial bands I discovered. Rodent level edge backs against the ledge no knives the stone hard eyes Album Rating: 3.5 I'm going to give Skinny Puppy my full attention when I have the time. Of all the albums released from '84 to '92 "Rabies" is the odd ball. Released in 1990, Too Dark Park is considered by many to be Skinny Puppy’s magnum opus. Yes, it might be too much metal for some SP fans, but I've always thought that metal was aggressive, dark, and sometimes disturbing. Album Rating: 3.5 I'm going to give Skinny Puppy my full attention when I have the time. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. The album is notable for the involvement of Al Jourgensen of Ministry fame and it’s “new sound” aspect: introducing guitars and a harder speed metal element towards the band’s sound. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Rabies was an album that had two masterings when it was originally released, it's possible this vinyl was cut from the earlier one which was inferior but even still, the pressing is shoddy as are all of these Nettwerk re-issues. It was released on November 21, 1989 through Nettwerk. Reviewed in the United States on November 7, 2019, great album killer sound w al from ministry, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 21, 2020. Almost forgot to mention Rabies and of course Bites and Remission. Skinny Puppy The Greater Wrong of the Right (2004) Another great album this list is cray. Listen free to Skinny Puppy – Rabies (Rodent, Hexonxonx and more). The 2019 vinyl re-pressing is pretty poor. Their next album, Too Dark Park, was released in 1990. This 1998 CD edition corrects that mistake and has the proper mastering of the album without the life-sucking Dolby applied. The opener Rodent is a great, upbeat track, typical of Puppy, utilizing all the sounds and production methods we've come to expect from them, and followed up by Hexonxonx, probably one of the more "funky" songs we'll ever hear from the ban Rivers 9. Please choose a different delivery location or purchase from another seller. Reviewed in the United States on February 5, 2016. The Remastered version of "Rabies" sounds so much better than the original. The album is built on the harsh electronic rock of previous albums, yielding the singles "Tormentor" and "Spasmolytic". The album notably features Ministry frontman Al Jourgensen (credited as Alien Jourgensen) who performed electric guitar and vocals on several songs. Nov 5, 2017 - Explore Larry McFarland's board "Skinny Puppy", followed by 115 people on Pinterest. It was released on November 21 1989 through Nettwerk. For Skinny Puppy's fifth album, Rabies, released in 1989, Jourgensen joined Rave as producer. Rodent 2. Originally released on November 21, 1989, Rabies was Skinny Puppy’s fifth studio album. Rodent level edge backs against the ledge no knives the stone hard eyes The best Skinny Puppy record in my opinion is Too Dark Park followed closely by VIVI Sect VI and this album Rabies would be my 3rd favorite. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Worlock 6. Rabies is the fifth studio album by Skinny Puppy. The original 1989 CD of this album was mistakenly mastered with Dolby B noise reduction. For Skinny Puppy's fifth album, Rabies, released in 1989, Jourgensen joined Rave as producer. The best track on Rabies by far is Worlock and my personal favorite Skinny Puppy song. I … "Tin Omen I" is by far the superior version. The album spawned two singles, "Tin Omen" and "Worlock", the latter of which becoming one of the band's most recognizable songs. Rabies is the fifth studio album by Skinny Puppy. Shipped faster than stuff I ordered domestically at the same time. Genres: Electro-Industrial. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 26, 2014, My favourite Skinny Puppy album but easily my most disappointing Skinny Puppy vinyl. Additional taxes may apply. In 1993 the CD edition was reissued by … As long as you the listener / fan accept this fact you should find this record an enjoyable experience. Skinny Puppy's next album, Rabies (1989), would go further with that metal sound. Regular price $ 14.99. "Fascist Jock Itch" seems out of place. Fascist Jockitch 5. Reviewed in the United States on July 23, 2018. Lots of surface noise, super quiet audio, and really muffled midrange. Reviewed in the United States on August 26, 2019. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Having said that it's still not my favorite Skinny Puppy release. And if you're a true fan, this is when they were at their apex, and when things started to fall apart. Copy/paste into the "categories" area: All articles lacking sources Industrial music regardless...it's Skinny Puppy...and this is a classic and timeless release!!!!!