Lenovo Legion gaming laptops are designed to be the very best, connecting you to the games you love – no matter your budget or your preference in gaming genres. Wait. Its breathtakingly sleek design and latest-generation specs guarantee you series power when you are gaming. Lenovo Legion Y540 gaming issues I have the Lenovo Legion Y540 gaming laptop with core i5, gtx 1650, 16gb ddr4 ram, 128gb nvme SSD bootup drive, 1tb hdd. This sleek, portable 15.6-inch laptop pushes gaming performance to a new level. Also after undervolting, the fan speed decreased since it didn't have to work as much to cool it. I absolutely love it. Not bad, Lenovo. Once the windows opens, press "Scan." Summary: Buying this Legion 5, I knew that the AMD Ryzen platform is an excellent performer in CPU-heavy tasks and efficient in everyday use, and I also knew that Lenovo offers a clean utilitarian design, good inputs, good screens, and multiple configuration options. The y540 has one of the best cooling systems in its class. Although the thermals might not be great out of the box. I found this blog post from MSI a useful supplementary guide for using Afterburner. Lenovo Legion Y740 (17-inch) Many gaming laptops wear their credibility on their proverbial sleeves, garnished with glowing serpents or alien logos. BENEFITS: Lower temperatures. If you ask me, I would choose the better processor (i7) instead of the newer design. MY CURVE flatlines at 2010MHz and 981 mV. What did u use to change the turbo boost power max? This subreddit is community driven and not affiliated with Lenovo. Click here to start flipping! Increase the Memory Clock Speed: 0 --> 320 MHz. The Legion Y540 is here and brings a lot of performance at an affordable price. I know they are giving mouse with Ideapad, but it's not worth it. We recently had the Lenovo Ideapad Legion Y7000 (2019) for testing and it has pretty much the same chassis as the Y540, and we were highly impressed. The Lenovo Legion Y540-17 Gaming Laptop, model number 81Q4008EUS, ships with a beautiful, IPS LCD w/LED Backlight (Anti-glare) screen, with a refresh rate of 144Hz, a resolution of 1920 x 1080 (FHD) and a brightness level of 300 nits. The laptops are available in 15-inch and 17-inch sizes. If you have the 28WW (v1.09) BIOS, most likely your laptop runs hot. Our Verdict. Ive been using this laptop for exactly a year and yesterday my laptop suddenly stopped charging and it is always at 0%. How the performance? The Legion Y540-15IRH is back again, with us already having reviewed the GeForce RTX 2060 version earlier this month. My router exists on the first floor of house while I stay in second floor. The laptop feels distinctly like plastic with a textured body and lid adorned with grooved … Any help to figure out where the problem is would be appreciated. First look at the Lenovo Legion Y540 and Lenovo Legion Y740 Gaming laptops! share. You can also click on the laptops for more information. One more question, i just got it today but when i turn hybrid mode on, i cant adjust brightness. This 17.3-inch laptop gives you exactly what you need for a gaming experience that pushes performance and immersion further than ever before. Posted by 2 days ago. Please let me know if you have any further questions. I have the 17 inch version and I undervolted it for -0.135 mv and I have 0 thermal issues. You can see and change the search parameters using the "Refine results" button in the upper-left part of the search results page. I undervoted the cpu -0.150. how about gpu? Full-sized and top of the line, the keyboard delivers 100% anti-ghosting, laser-engraved WASD highlights, less than 1ms response time, white backlighting, and more, for … WARNING: These values are what work for MY laptop. Im new to this undervolting stuff. Performance close on par with the RTX 2060 and the Helios 300 (2019). Then, I adjusted according to my preferences. hide. Check the attached pics for help. Lower temperatures, higher clock speeds on load. On the top right corner, press OC Scanner. Is this normal? After you set your UV in the curve in Afterburner, open OC scanner again and a run a 'Test', this will run for about 5-10 mins and test out your new curve. After the change, there was no more PLT. This 15.6-inch laptop gives you exactly what you need for a gaming experience that balances performance and portabilit. Thank you so much for sharing this guide! To overclock and undervolt, I used the new feature (OC Scanner) that MSi included. I used Intel Extreme Tuning Utility(xtu) to undervolt my cpu by -0.150v(although i haven't done very long stress tests to make sure its stable, its running good). After everything is done, you can also set the max voltage by pressing "L" on the desired voltage value. Sorry I know it's very delayed--I seemed to have the best luck with an undervolt (people seem to be getting between -150-200mV) and lowering the max multiplier on 6-core turbo from whatever it was stock to 37x. Lenovo avoided both of those issues with its Legion Y540, presenting players with a light and thin laptop — at least compared to many competing gaming machines — that features a solid black design blemished only by a subtle, but quite large, ‘LEGION’ logo. I also changed "Turbo Boost Power Max" from 70w to 65w. As you can see from the table above, the Lenovo Legion Y540’s cooling is a lot more efficient than the Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-54), also equipped with the GTX 1660 Ti. These machines are designed for gaming. Higher performance. The y7000 has that look that says gamer, the y540 is more classy but can game with better stats, Seem like y540 is the cheapest one with those spec. After undervolting, my temps were in the 67 - 70 degrees with no power throttling during stress test. Even when I put the charger in the led glows but the state shows as plugged in and im not able to use it more than 5 mins or so. NOTE: if you compare the curve I set with the default, the default flatline is at 1900MHZ and 1037 mV. Legion series is probably the best thing Lenovo has ever done. This is the Y540's heatsink This is the Y545's heatsink As you can tell, there are two less vents on this machine, making overall less surface area that the fans are cooling. Would this guide (theoretically) work for a Y540 (i7 - 9750H, RTX 2060) ? 19 comments. share. He mentioned Y545 as well. Lenovo Legion Y740 screen flickering when turning on (Details in comment) 34. Heating? Great laptop especially when when you get it on a discount. Anything over it and the GPU WILL POWER LIMIT THROTTLE. I just got mines three days ago. Another question, do 16 gb important and 8gb is enough? Take our newly redesigned Legion 5 Series gaming laptops: They feature up to 17" IPS displays with Full HD resolution and a 144 Hz refresh rate for seamless on-screen movements. Mid October 2020 Laptop stopped working due to power issue and contact made with Legion Ultimate support for on-site repair technician. Any problem? Welcome to /r/Lenovo, A place where Lenovo owners and prospective buyers can engage in discussion, solicit advice and post pictures. I will need some guide, There is no option to choose 144hz in my country. Out of the box my temperatures where 85 - 89 degrees with power throttling, which is good since people record having 95 degrees out of the box. Its breathtakingly sleek design and latest-generation specs guarantee you series power when you are gaming. (This is the yellow line seen in the Voltage/frequency curve.). You will use this later. I believe they also increasesd the max TDP. Lenovo Legion Y540 Wi-Fi Issues I recently bought legion y540 (i7 9750H, RTX 2060) which uses Intel AC 9560 dualband network adapter. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. report. Yours might differ a little bit or a lot. Much like with the other entry-level gaming notebooks of the moment, the Legion 540 is averagely sized and entirely made out of plastic. Like its larger 17-inch counterpart, Lenovo's 15-inch Legion Y740 (starts at $1,679.99; $1,919.99 as tested) is an effective GeForce RTX-based gaming laptop with … Anything above 60% should be good too. Thermally optimized to run cooler and quiter with a full-sized white-backlit keyboard, the Lenovo Legion Y540 Laptop is primed for those who demand gaming whenever … Prices start at $759.99 with … 37. Let me know if there are any further improvements that can be made. Gaming PCs are notorious for high pricing and reliability issues ad they often exceed the specs for some components. Should i do it as well? I use XTU, but there is ThrottleStop (TS) if that suits you more. Press Ctrl + F (If nothing happens, unlock Voltage control and monitoring in the settings.). The new Acer Nitro 5 and Lenovo Y540 are decent gaming laptops for the money, but what are the differences and which one should you get? save. 34. Thanks for reading! Our first review unit demonstrated that Lenovo had … The Legion Y545 is … Cookies help us deliver our Services. ), Turbo Boost Power Max (Turbo Boost Long Power Max): 70 W --> 65 W, Turbo Boost Short Power Max; 107 W --> 90 W. I changed the Power wattage because I was experiencing Power Limit Throttling (PLT). If you would like to see some alternatives to the Y540, please check my search results for more options. The Lenovo Ideapad Legion Y540-15 is a good budget gaming laptop, it's much cheaper than what competitors have to offer and it has a good cooling solution. Should i change them? Lenovo Legion Y545 Lenovo's Legion gaming laptop line is sort of a mess at the moment because it's selling new and old models side by side. We recently had the Lenovo Ideapad Legion Y7000 (2019) for testing and it has pretty much the same chassis as the Y540, and we were highly impressed. Gaming laptops are generally known for two things: heavy weights and tacky designs. In fact, the Lenovo Legion 5Pi just about feels like the engineers at Lenovo spent an evening or two going through all the reviews and seeing the feedback on forums and Reddit and deciding, yeah, let’s fix all of that. They placed the microphone and camera down here, which is not ideal. Voltage/frequency curve will open. Check out Dave2d's video about Y540 on Youtube. And these helped with the power throttling. Clock speeds are 100 MHz higher with the temperature being 2C lower on the Legion Y540. The laptop’s profile also shows an extra bulge behind the screen, which accommodates parts of the IO and cooling system… Let me know if there's a better way to combat PLT. Now that the scary stuff is out of the way, these tweaks usually result in higher performance with lower temperatures, all while being stable. If it's good & stable, then it'll result in 90% Confidence score. speedstep, disabling Turbo Boost, etc. I have been trying to undervolt and reduce temps when I play COD MW and I still hit 80 at times.. still seems quite high.. 7 comments. What it does is automatically tests your system for the maximum overclock it can achieve. This is the OC and UC. Edit: I also forgot to add i changed the "Turbo Boost Short Power Max " from 107w to 90w. This 17.3-inch laptop gives you exactly what you need for a gaming experience that balances performance and portabilit. Here the spec for the one im interested in. 1 more question. ----- Now you can read Digit Magazine online! By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Every time I get in a large game like GTA V and online and warzone, the frames drop from 60fps to 30fps(max) when I am 1 min into the game. Gaming comfort The values I got are what I used for initial values. Thermally optimized to run cooler and quiter with a full-sized white-backlit keyboard, the Lenovo Legion Y540 Laptop is primed for those who demand gaming whenever … kudos to ts. I dont have a desktop at home so i will be doing some gaming on it as well like dota 2 and apex legends. The Legion Y540 laptop's keyboard delivers best-in-class gaming controls, giving you the edge over any opponent. Its latest-generation specs guarantee you serious power. I do not take responsibility if something breaks, but I will try to help troubleshoot it (others here will too.). Lenovo’s Legion 5i gaming laptop improves on the IdeaPad Gaming 3 with its support for Nvidia RTX 2060 graphics, which make all the difference … Lenovo Y540 (i7 - 9750H, GTX 1660Ti) ULTIMATE Performance Optimization Guide ... What's the point of asking a review if you can't publish a negative one? Press J to jump to the feed. After the scan, you will see 2 lines. After choosing your voltage and max frequency, you need to FLATLINE all the values TO THE RIGHT OF YOUR CHOSEN VOLTAGE. In the RTX 2060 model we tested, the Legion 5Pi also came packed with a sizable 80Wh battery to offer up hours of plug-free use. After it's done, it automatically adjusts the voltage/frequency curve. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the SuggestALaptop community, A place for prospective laptop buyers to get suggestions from people who know the intimate details of the hardware. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. But of course it will be different during gameplay, depending on the game. Once selected, press the arrow up and down to adjust the overclock. Black Friday's coming up, Lenovo normally has a lot of deals so hopefully they will have one that discounts that laptop. Just for normal programming and casual gaming, do i need 128 pcie +1 tb or 512 ssd is fine? It takes about 30 minutes, and it will fully load your system. Y540 is one of the most sold laptops (gaming) last year. Thermally optimised to run cooler and quieter with a full-sized white-backlit keyboard, the Lenovo Legion Y540 (15) Laptop is … To overclock (OC) and underclock (UC), you need to choose a voltage value. see full image. Shares. This will limit the system to that value. Nah the y7000 chassis has a heat pipe that's not has extensive as the y540, with only two vents while the y540 has 4 vents. I used MSi Afterburner. Lenovo announced its new Legion 5 and 5i gaming laptops. Im going to start software development class soon so i need a laptop for daily use. Undervolting the cpu definitely helps. Every value TO THE LEFT can be left alone. Lenovo Legion Y530 Review The Lenovo Legion Y530 offers slim gaming on a budget By Phillip Tracy 08 November 2019. Let me paint a picture of my Lenevo nightmare for you: July 2020 Purchased Legion 5 Gaming Laptop, worked great for months. The Legion Y545 sits alongside Lenovo's own 15-inch Legion Y540 in its lineup, an early 2019 debut that was a technology refresh of 2018's Legion Y530. So I finally got my Y540, i7-9750h, rtx 2060 and was running some tests and Undervolting the CPU since it gets really hot from factory settings, after tweaking it for a while I ended up with the best score being at -300mv (2984 undervolted vs 2620 factory settings in Cinebench), but all the guides point ou to something around -125~150mv range. EDIT: Here is a video tutorial for ThrottleStop, courtesy of Bob of all Trades, EDIT: I stopped using XTU and switched to ThrottleStop ;). The lines with dots are the new values; the faint red line is default. The FN + Q hotkey performance mode switching was also changed. It's a great laptop. I am beyond frustrated with the lack of service provided by Lenovo at this point. been browsing for this guide. Is it gonna last me long? Lenovo went with small bezels around the sides and top of the screen, but also a hefty chin underneath. Please use the laptop form while posting a new request: bit.ly/3cIzaWC, Press J to jump to the feed. These values work well for the Y540, but I think that similarly spec'd systems can use values close to these. What are the peak temperatures your GPU run when underload? Legion y540. (Apparently there are more functions in TS, e.g. Shoutouts to u/Lokio27 for the BIOS downloads and u/Bhu124 for OC and UC help. I had mines custom built to include a 144hz display. Memory Clock Speed was also overclocked. My model came with a i5 9300h, which i chose because it runs less hot than the i7, cheaper and still capable of running what i need. We had a slightly different configuration but here are some gaming benchmarks on ultra settings, you should get similar results on your Y540. The most powerful generation of Intel ® Core™ mobile processors makes the dream of AAA gaming on a laptop, reality. I also play a lot of my games in quiet mode, which kinda underclocks the cpu to limit power but its still powerful enough run what i want and still quiet. Because there are no option to choose 144hz here. The Lenovo Ideapad Legion Y540-15 is a good budget gaming laptop, it's much cheaper than what competitors have to offer and it has a good cooling solution. Lower temperatures. My short power max is 40w and power max is 20w. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts.