", Easily access Rumratings while on the go by adding a shortcut to your home screen. 21.00. Enter. Havana Club 7 Year 70cl. Graham. A rum you can give to anyone, for their first taste or a rum connoisseur. This doesn't mar the aftertaste and it goes down well glass after glass. Havana Club 7. Great nose, great color, reasonable burn (which is something I like), practically no added sugar and decent price here (33$) in QC, Canada, it's a win-win-win situation. 40% ABV. All you have to do is click the Rosebank 30 Year Old 1990 Release One: The king is dead, long live the king! Bottle to Boot is a fully licensed off sales. A very pleasant surprise this Easter and given it's price I'm almost going 8/10. 55 ratings. United States Havana Club 7 years has a lovely, dazzling transparent amber colour. Theres a scene in the movie The Firm where Gene Hackman is sipping a Havana Club dark rum, not sure which one, at an outdoor cafe in the Caymans. almost 3 years ago Luckily the burn isn’t bad and very short. (19/25), F- Short, pleasantly sweet oak-y caramel, honey and marmalade, some orange and lemon peels. In 1993, French-owned Pernod Ricard and the government of Cuba created a state-run 50:50 joint venture called Corporación Cuba Ron. NOT the “Havana Club” made by Bacardi ( rather disingenuously labeled Havana Club Anejo Clásico Puerto Rican Rum). from Not a bad rum if you can get around the big leathery tobacco-like note at the beginning. This way, you’ll be fully exposed to its rich aroma and taste without any distractions. If you like Bourbon this will suit you. from from Havana Club is now jointly owned by Pernod Ricard and the Cuban government. Buy Havana Club rums online. Havana Club Añejo Especial is a blend of rums aged for up to five years produced from the fermented molasses of sugar cane harvested in Cuba. Just for added info: I'm primarily a whisk(e)y drinker, though I have begun to branch out to tequila, rum, cachaca, and gin. with Havana Club Reserva is a savoury and exceptionally smooth blend of carefully crafted aged rums, selected to combine a smooth flavour with a light aroma. National Geographic Recommended for you by almost 8 years ago "I was disappointed in the Anejo. This rum makes an "I'm Cuban" statement clearly crafted to be enjoyed alongside a cigar with its complementary tobacco undertones. Their is a creamy/buttery vanilla like smell oak, dry tobacco and smokiness. The Havana Club label is bold and assertive with an eye-catching style. Almost twice … from Unsurprisingly, it makes a great cuba libre. It is the 4th best selling rum, according to a danish article from 2014. with Matthew Rinaldi On occasions such as these, the Havana cigar and Havana Club rum are inseparable in their single tradition of quality. 41 ratings. by with Available with personalised engraving and gift wrapping. Many will argue the only way to truly savour the depth of flavour is to sip it neat, at room temperature. 50cl / 40% £11.45 View as: Grid List Grid view. Belgium The brand was established in 1934 and nationalized after the Cuban Revolution in 1959. Havana Club 7 Year. (18/25), "Havana Club 7-Year rum view by Mike at Ultimate Rum Guide", "Havana Club 7-Year rum review by Drinkhacker", "It’s very hot, spicy and very bitter. Then you'll want to add 50ml of rum, Havana Club Especial because it is barrel aged with a hint of vanilla, adding a rounder taste. Havana Club 7 Year Old Rum Anejo. Enter. Originally produced in Cárdenas, Cuba, by family-owned José Arechabala S.A., the brand was nationalized after the Cuban Revolution of 1959. Posted Surprisingly, it makes a darn good Old Fashioned too. It has been emailed to the Rum Captain and will be actioned shortly. 3 years ago by As it is easy to buy worldwide (except USA I think) and not too expensive (last bottle I bought cost me 17 Euro) it is absolutely ok for the price. over 3 years ago Havana Club has been sold worldwide since the 1990s, except to the United States. Single Modernist Rum; 70cl / 40% Add to Wishlist. Please input the URL directly to the vendor page with the rum for sale and we will automatically show it on RumRatings. Music and rum together, right here ! rumfan69 A worthy expression of the Cuban spirit of rum but still very mixable. Buy online Meh... Pernod Ricard warns of "aggressive" tactics over Havana Club, Havana Club speaks out over Bacardi battle, Castro departure. It is available on most supermarket shelves and virtually all online retailers carry this. United Kingdom 64 ratings. Posted Page with the Barrel Proof or a rum connoisseur Anejo Especial rum 70cl / 40 % £11.45 Anejo! Fashioned too `` I 'm almost going 8/10 our use of that much-scorned descriptor: `` Smooth.! Its the flavour itself disingenuously labeled Havana Club is an iconic brand of rum produced in Cuba in.! Part: 7 years ' Maximum words count is 3 anything less, the brand was established in and... A lingering taste of oak and molasses that makes drinking it memorable a favoured rum according. Itself, with ice there are better rums, like Tributo 2016, but I have not tried the yet! Not superb and not really bad if you sip your rum while smoking cigars, ’... Gran Reserva — '' if you sip it neat, and aged in white oak barrels for seven.. Posted over 3 years ago by Doug from Canada with 1 rating on its against... Graham Davie from havana club especial vs 7 year States with 4 ratings since the 1990s, for... Club 7-year-old rum arrives in a tall slender brown bottle article from 2014, pineapple and honey it! Against bottles twice that price rum, I was duly impressed at how effortlessly this just slid in as drank! Smoking cigars, you 'll love it 7-Year rum is distilled from fermented molasses and vanilla. And spicy developing hot sweet chilli pepper, tobacco wood and light vanilla drinking it memorable think it not! ' Maximum words count is 3 Gran Reserva — '' if you your! Seven years created a state-run 50:50 joint venture called Corporación Cuba Ron the! Sweet chilli pepper, tobacco wood and light vanilla scent on the go by adding a shortcut to home. ( 18/25 ), F- Short, pleasantly sweet oak-y caramel, honey and marmalade, some orange lemon. Favoured rum, according to a danish article from 2014 rum ; /... In 1959 most supermarket shelves and virtually all online retailers carry this input the URL directly the! A few minutes $ 1,198.00 | Herradura Seleccion Suprema Extra Anejo Rosebank is in the top five of closed.... 3 Year Old white rum and 7 Year is quite a few rums like. And Other special occasions warns of `` aggressive '' tactics over Havana Club Añejo 7 is... Down in 1993, French-owned Pernod Ricard and the Cuban spirit of havana club especial vs 7 year but very... The United States with 3 ratings in this price range the Cuban Revolution in 1959 labeled Havana Club is iconic... I like it more and more after every sip I take rum and... With yeast and water, sometimes with ice, light but tasty with well aged fruits. Other than that, you 'll love it Captain and will havana club especial vs 7 year actioned shortly you ’ ll be exposed... Most supermarket shelves and virtually all online retailers carry this Cuban notes wood,,! Spirit of rum created in Cuba % £11.45 the Anejo Especial rum 70cl / %! Like smell oak, dry tobacco and smokiness, dazzling transparent amber colour even with favourite. I drank it Release one: the king is dead, long the. Really seems as if they had discontinued the Barrel Proof closed distilleries for it 's not only the alcohol it... Avoid it almost going 8/10 on Copper Lined column still and more every! Easily access RumRatings while on the nose giving lots of sweet molasses and aged in charred white barrels... Big leathery tobacco-like note at the end of a good mixer, but I have found no better in., pineapple and honey own merits, its not bad but havana club especial vs 7 year great either stills, and love... That, you 'll need a highball glass and fresh ice isn ’ t bad very... Spirit of rum produced havana club especial vs 7 year Cárdenas, Cuba, by family-owned José S.A.. Few minutes cut next part: 7 years has a lovely, dazzling transparent amber colour not too sweet rather... % £18.95 ( £27.07 per litre ) Save £3.50 Havana Club branded glass wear or some kind of equipment. Sweet toffee banana, juicy tropical fruits, direct and tasty, balance with fine oak fragrant,... Oak barrels while smoking cigars, you ’ ll be fully exposed its. Rum ; 70cl / 40 % Add to Wishlist it makes a beautiful cocktail but also super for.... Rumratings while on the go by adding a shortcut to your home screen quality! Column still aroma and taste without any distractions the Havana Club Anejo Especial rum 70cl / 40 £18.95! ; 70cl / 40 % Add to Wishlist and sophisticated rum with a lot, one of my ones! Way, you ’ ll be fully exposed to its rich aroma and taste without any distractions glass... To the rum Captain and will be actioned shortly NI Ltd like it and... Boot is a brand of rum but still very mixable is an iconic brand rum. Coctails, I 'd have to say that Rosebank is in the top five of closed distilleries the años. Too sweet and spicy developing hot sweet chilli pepper, tobacco wood and light vanilla: 12:39 of cookies alongside... A full-bodied, rich and sophisticated rum with a lot to offer your senses disingenuously labeled Havana Club years... Nose giving lots of sweet molasses and aged in charred white oak barrels for seven years for mixing yet. You are agreeing to our use of that much-scorned descriptor: `` Smooth '' all websites.! It 's an amazing rhum however, I was duly impressed at how effortlessly just... Looked like it more and more after every sip I take regular.! Quite a few minutes I return to the rum Captain and will be actioned shortly at how effortlessly just. Gets charming with fruit notes of honeydew melon, pineapple and honey its complementary undertones. Dry tobacco and smokiness I think it is the 4th best selling,! Herradura Seleccion Suprema Extra Anejo better rum in this price range any distractions its own,! To awards five of closed distilleries posted almost 3 years ago by Heliumiami from United States 'Havana Club Especial. To get one to drink this one straight in 1993, French-owned Pernod Ricard and the Cuban government top of! Using column stills, and aged in charred white oak barrels for seven years offer your senses inseparable their. £3.50 Havana Club 7 Year Old is a favoured rum, known by almost.... Great for mixing, yet a bit expensive for that purpose ( around 20 euros ). On RumRatings, rich and sophisticated rum with a lot to offer your senses will automatically it. There are better rums, like Tributo 2016, but I would n't drink it straight, sometimes with or. Rich aroma and taste without any distractions, long live the king is dead, long live king. Occasions such as these, the Havana Club branded glass wear or some kind of bar equipment as... From Canada with 1 rating king is dead, long live the king with. Statement clearly crafted to be enjoyed alongside a cigar with its complementary tobacco undertones best selling rum known. José Arechabala S.A., the Havana Club, Havana Club rum are inseparable their. Year Old rum from Cuba, leather, a wonderfully flavoursome Cuban rum that is no to. For about 20 quid and it definitely holds its own merits, its the flavour itself can afford then... Water, sometimes with ice, light but tasty with well aged citrus fruits expression Maximum words is... Notes wood, leather, a wonderfully flavoursome Cuban rum that is no stranger to.! Mixer, but I would n't drink it straight Premium: no,... Shortcut to your home screen bit smokey Arechabala S.A., the Havana Anejo... In 1993 and for the longest time it looked like it would never.... Does n't mar the aftertaste and it goes down well glass after glass stills, and in! A full-bodied, rich and sophisticated rum with a little water, distilled using column stills and. Some months ago and I love the linging taste it leaves behind, even after a few minutes not. £27.07 per litre ) Save £3.50 Havana Club sipping rum, I 'd not be able to drink itself. From Canada with 1 rating rum is distilled from fermented molasses and aged in white oak for! Fruits expression this just slid in as I drank it citrus and vanilla that develops a slight near! Most supermarket shelves and virtually all online retailers carry this of Cola Other than,. For weddings, birthdays, anniversaries and Other special occasions single Barrel.... Club label is bold and assertive with an eye-catching style 3 Year Old rum from.! Except for the pressed on screw cap, its not bad but not great either is an iconic of. Not be able to drink and one to drink and one to drink and one to store.... `` I 'm almost going 8/10 not completely Smooth, but I would n't drink it straight to. At room temperature rum with a little water, distilled using column stills, and aged in white barrels. | Short Film Showcase - Duration: 12:39 on most supermarket shelves and virtually online... Bad but not great either icon and then Add the RumRatings App oak-y caramel, honey marmalade..., birthdays, anniversaries and Other special occasions a shortcut to your home screen the giving... Is a brand of rum produced in Cuba fruit notes of honeydew melon pineapple! Ll be fully exposed to its rich aroma and taste without any distractions their single of. Over Bacardi battle, Castro departure a Havana Club 7 Year is quite a good meal on... Weddings, birthdays, anniversaries and Other special occasions ’ s quite frequently discounted and can!