Even an HD remaster of both would be great as many people missed out on these gems. So unless another studio makes it I expect it be an switch exclusive, Oh hellll yeah! That would make me very happy. I like JRPGs, but rarely manage to finish them. I will 100% buy remasters of the first two games. Baten Kaitos was the first RPG that I got myself into for so long. Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean is a role-playing video game developed by Monolith Soft and tri-Crescendo, and published by Namco, for the Nintendo GameCube.In it, the player assume the role of a "guardian spirit" – an unseen player avatar – who guides protagonist Kalas and his party of companions in an adventure across an aerial floating island-based kingdom in the clouds. Yes, I am hardcore fan of the game series thanks to my brother getting stuck at a certain part. https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Nintendo-Drive-Replacement-Repair/dp/B002W5L4JW YES YES YES YES. After all bamco obviously doesn’t care about the ip and there is a very obvious plot point that needs to be tied up (wiseman). I WILL PURCHASE A SWITCH JUST FOR THIS GAME. Replayed the original a few years ago, it's just as amazing as I remember. 4 years ago. This was a game i play countless hours playing creating new items through merging cards and grinding for weapons card.There also were some beautiful landscapes, some of which i went back to just because it was that beautiful. Yes, please! Enough people do, and are willing to pay top dollar for hybrid versions of such quality games. Report. I couldn't stomach doing it all again. i agree they should bring the first 2 to the switch. I really enjoyed the first game, thought the 2nd was a bit dumbed down too much getting rid of the defensive side of battle. i hope so so so dearly that they decide to make a third one. Never played Baiten Kaitos but I'd be interested in a remaster of the first 2. I know this article was posted 2 years ago but I just created an account with this website just so that I could comment and say yes, please, give us Baten Kaitos 3 on the Switch. Loved the first game but never got to play Origins. Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean. . However it was never released here in Europe. The only thing that would suck is waiting 3 to 4 years even if they started now. I think to generate more interest they could release the first 2 games as an HD remaster on the Switch, but I hope they get enough support. Make it happen Nintendo, I am a sucker to my favorite game of all time. Port the first two and let us not only enjoy the games and show our support for a new entry, but give new Xenoblade fans a chance to experience Monolith Soft's other masterclass JRPG series. Also, bundle your older games for the switch as well! However, the dialogue (the lines) in Baten Kaitos is not nearly as good. Love the Confectionary Village for Starter. But these games held my interest to the end. I also created a fan art of what an updated Kalas might even look like! However, he would like the project to be restarted now that development has commenced on Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and its expansions. Every now and then I still pull up the soundtracks. Would you like to see a new entry for the series arrive on Switch? A third game would be most welcome. Please don't get me started on the characters especially Guillo and Sagi. Baten Kaitos Origins is a role-playing video game developed by Monolith Soft and Tri-Crescendo for the Gamecube video game console.The game is a prequel to Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean.Unlike the first game, which was published by then-Monolith Soft owner Namco, Origins was published by Nintendo, and was not released in Europe. I hope this happens! I have been playing baten Origins on gamecube for years. SO others can try them out. Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean Summary : Unravel the mystery of the forgotten oceans in an innovative rpg from the makers of xenosaga The world of BATEN KAITOS … We don’t rely on flames burning your heart. It would be great if we could get remastered Baten Kaitos-games on the Switch as well as a sequel or reboot. Would be awesome getting a third game.Maybe the first two to "warm up" the people and then the third, hey, here's an idea, remaster the original to spark interest. THIS could be the only reason I will need to get myself a Switch. Gamecube had a few rare RPG's and these 2 game was an instant classic. Immediately after the release of Baten Kaitos II, Namco (now Bandai Namco) worked on a sequel up until the pre-production phase, but just before Baten Kaitos III could become a reality, the story ended due to the circumstances of the involved parties. With Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - and now the newly released Torna - The Golden Country expansion - all signed, sealed, and delivered, developer Monolith Soft is setting its sights on the horizon, with new game ideas no doubt swirling around the office as we speak. Once you see the sales on these remakes, then they would see that a part 3 would be needed. "The flames continue to burn in my heart". https://twitter.com/honnesan/status/1043900649820192768, https://www.resetera.com/threads/yasuyuki-honne-series-director-from-monolithsoft-shares-details-about-baten-kaitos-iii.70519/, https://batenkaitos.fandom.com/wiki/Baten_Kaitos_3?oldid=27365. I have been hoping for some kind of GameCube virtual console to potentially to be able to play these games. Please make it happen! Even got Origins on import. However, Baten Kaitos alone would prompt me to buy a switch alone, and immediately. I really wasn't enjoying it enough, going thru most of the same places again from the 1st game and having the 3 characters share a deck instead of each character getting their own deck like in the 1st game was a major turn off for me. Dear god, YES! Baten Kaitos 3, I think its about time this happens I'm not sure if a lot of people know about the Baten Kaitos series, but boy are you missing out. I'll sound like an old fart of a PC gamer, but i'd love it if they remade (or produced a sequel to) Shogo: Mobile Armor Division. It is by no means a tranquil existence. i have put over 1500 hours into these games, from 2008 when i first got it to my most recent playthrough in august of this year. It means 2 weeks (14 days,), 5 hours, 20 minutes and 3 seconds long. If we made it, it would have been grand-scale game with settings at the bottom of the sea, on land, and in the sky. I think that would be a much better way to introduce the series to new player before throwing them into unfamiliar territory with a new entry but if a sequel is what they want then I greatly welcome it. I would be in Heaven. Kalas for Smash! Also the third sounds awesome! According to the story, an evil god named Malpercio invaded the world and sucked the oceans dry, leaving the islands floating around in the sky. Besides that, I didn't know there was any story left of Malpercio and the taint clouds chronologically after BK1, but hey, let's do it. the first in the series is a little rough around the edges, but they perfected it with the second one. Give it a go! This category is dead now, right? Baten Kaitos is one of my favorite RPGs! I'd do anything to make BK3 a reality I'd buy copies just to keep sealed! A third game in the series was originally planned for release on Nintendo DS, but after an oddly quiet period of time, the game was presumed to have been cancelled. I never played Baten Kaitos, but I'd love to see more stuff from Monolithsoft in general. Give me Baten kaitos 3! @Eddy7eddyThat's perfectly normal. On a side note: the third game was planned for the DS? Please make it happen, I need more Kalas Sagi and Savina in my life. It would be fantastic if Nintendo went to bamco suggesting a revival/bank roll. 9:39. Those two are among my all time favorite games!I bought a GC from the USA w/ the game not long ago just so I could play origins here in Europe...The storyline of the two combined is one of the best, if not THE best, in gaming history (sorry Tales of Symphonia, but you lost on that account). Monolith Soft artist Yasuyuki Honne has revealed that the third game in the acclaimed Baten Kaitos series was canceled. Origins especially was amazing. Bringing the first 2 games to Switch would be a good start, also having some presence in Smash Ultimate. so far, baten kaitos is my favorite nintendo game and the guide really helps, it gives you all the details, good boss fighting techniques, and a full list of magnus but there are some flaws in it. Found lost ocean in a discount bin at game stop in 2011 and LOVED it. Watched my friend playing the game back in 2005. I would freaking love that. Despite reviewing rather well among critics, and generating a loving fanbase, the games sadly failed to meet sales expectations. Rerelease the old games on Switch first,then if it's good we'll ask for a 3rd one.I've never heard of Baten Kaiton before the awesome remix of Smash 4. Baten Kaitos and Origins were some of my favourite GameCube games. Feature: 10 Years Later, We Return To Our Abandoned Anima... Video: Check Out The Latest Trailer For Super Mario 3D Wo... Random: Have You Spotted The Tiny Typo Nintendo Missed In... Hey Anime Lovers, Funimation Is Seemingly Teasing Its App... Join 1,070,205 people following Nintendo Life: © 2020 Nlife Media, partner of Gamer Network. The music is amazing. Yes, I've missed the game since it came out! BK and its celestial naming conventions are dear to my little astrophysicist heart. I loved both games and unlike a lot of deck based rpgs the combat was very satisfying. As you can see, though, Honne still has a passion for this series and would like to see it continue - even going as far as to dream about potential upgrades and improvements it could receive. ", [1]https://twitter.com/honnesan/status/1043900649820192768, [2]https://www.resetera.com/threads/yasuyuki-honne-series-director-from-monolithsoft-shares-details-about-baten-kaitos-iii.70519/ (fan translation of the Tweet). And I don't give a crap if people don't wanna see the games ported. Third one would be nice too but this would need too. I really liked just about everything but I couldnt stand the screen to screen movement of it. If a 3 does come, please bring the battle system from Origins back as it was way less luck based and you could string some effective combos together better. So yeah you read that right. I played it again and again. I never got the chance to play 2 myself, but I still own hard copies of 1 and all the extra goodies. The studio used to be owned by Bandai Namco. Baten Kaitos Origins - Ending (1/3) - Duration: 9:39. omegaevolution 9,832 views. baten kaitos heavily influenced a lot of important aspects in my life, mostly including my art which is now my college profession. Even this message made me happy lol . If you're of a similar mindset, make sure to fulfil his wishes below and let your voice be heard. With Baten Kaitos, Monolith Software has crafted a beautiful and thoroughly engrossing game filled with … Still own the original Gamecube disc, I should tell my kids to play it while our Wii still works, both my parents and sister's Wii's have stopped reading discs. but I remember being my favorite game on the console. It's in the masterclass trio along with Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia. But with the battle system of the first game! I played for days on end until I finally beated the game. OH MY GOD PLEASE MAKE ANOTHER ONE. YESSSSS PLEASEEEEEE!! YES PLEASE!!!!! Baten Kaitos: Origins is the prequel to the original game, and manages to greatly improve on almost every aspect. Super hard. Incredible art and music along with an addictive battle system. It's impossible to be multiplatform any more than Xenoblade Chronicles. 149SharesBaten Kaitos at 21°57′ Aries has an orb of 1°30′ The Sun joins Baten Kaitos on April 11 Fixed Star Baten Kaitos, Zeta Ceti, is a 3.9 magnitude yellowish star in the Whale, or Sea Monster, Cetus Constellation. Part 3: Magnetic Sand When we last left off, we got framed for the assassination of the Emperor (“framed” being a bit of a stretch as it was something we were going to do anyway), and now we're on the run from the Dark Service, actual Imperial Soldiers, and...well, pretty much everyone. $24.50 1 bid + shipping . Where or to who I need to harrass to make this happen? Ryan can list the first 151 Pokémon all in order off by heart – a feat he calls his ‘party trick’ despite being such an introvert that he’d never be found anywhere near a party. Since monolith is an nintendo studio ,and the ip belongs to namco. Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean is a now cult-classic RPG developed by Monolith Soft and tri-Crescendo, and published by Namco for the GameCube in 2003.A prequel titled “Baten Kaitos Origins” was published in 2006 directly by Nintendo, which a year later officially purchased the majority of Monolith Soft’s shares from Bandai Namco. I would love the chance to play them. I don't want to see a sequel released to dismal sales only to see the series scrapped for good. I would love and Immediately buy a sequel or even a remake/remaster of this games. I remember that stupid bird when you changed the disk. Sadly, the game didn't sell very well....but one can always hope. Also the music for the two games is fantastic, that much I know (then again, it is Monolithsoft). This is a 59 minutes and 53 seconds improvement over the previous run. I'd love to revisit that world. Never heard of it, but wasn't really much of a gamer when Gamecube was out. A remaster of the first two would get my money in a heartbeat. Now, Monolith Soft's Yasuyuki Honne has confirmed this to be true. https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Nintendo-Drive-Replacement-Repair/dp/B002W5NIFA Baten Kaitos is an amazing game series that frankly, does not get enough credit. Tweet. The visuals, the music, the battle system, the characters, the lighting. Directed by Hiroya Hatsushiba, Yasuyuki Honne, Koshi Horibe. The soundtrack works rather nicely with the mood of the game though. Mega Man X: Command Mission takes the blue bomber franchise in … Due to being attributed to Baten Kaitos co-designer Yasuyuki Honne and bearing a striking resemblance to Diadem particularly with the events of the first game's ending as well as rumors circulating about Monolith's upcoming 3DS and Wii U titles, fans have taken it as a sign of the long-awaited third game and are eagerly awaiting official confirmation. 0; Share. If there were only more frequent save points. I'd love to finish that someday. Free shipping . I never had the chance to experience these during the GC days. Obviously, that is not an ideal approach, as those games have aged a bit (if quite well in my view) and yes, some folks who previously liked the games and would spring for a sequel might choose not to go for the double-dip, but all-in-all I think it would offer a decent picture. I did not see Milley getting a level 4 move special. I previously had no intention of buying one but now I think I would literally go to the store the moment it is announced and purchase three or four switches just for BK3. Origins Edit In Baten Kaitos Origins, Azha is visited by Sagi, Guillo and Milly pretty early in the game. YES please oh my gosh - I TOTALLY agree with having HD remasters of 1+2 on the Switch in preparation for a possible 3, but - I'd LOVE a 3. According to the serie's director Yasuyuki Honne[1][2]: " It’s been more than 10 years since the release of Baten Kaitos II, and even now it pains me that I continue to receive requests for a sequel. I imported Origins and it was a great game! Honestly i think this game just wasn't marketed enough and GameCube at the time was a very niche console (I think?) But they aren't today. And a HD version of the first ones!! 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% Yes. I feel the time is ripe. The first game was good, despite the terrible voice acting. ( please make them ). Baten Kaitos Wiki is a FANDOM Games Community. I created an account to literally just to comment on this. I’d love to see the series return. Similar to bayonetta. How about a switch bundle to the first two games. This was the best RPG ever in my opinion. $1.29 3 bids. Gamecube 5 game bundle lot Viewtiful Joe, Baten Kaitos, Animal Crossing. Baten Kaitos 3 was supposed to be the third game in the Baten Kaitos series, but was cancelled thanks to changes in management at BandaiNamco. It took me months to finish the game at my age. I feel that the best path forward for them would be to re-release or re-master the first two games for the Nintendo Switch and judge the interest and passion for the franchise based on the performance of that bundle. If there is no real interest in the series, it's probably best for it to stay dormant. Did you play these games on the GameCube back in the day? Baten Kaitos 3 was in pre-production for a long time, but it was cancelled before it could ever finish.". Sounds to me like it's about time to do some soft-modding, then. Just please redo the voice acting. There are very, very few cinematics in the entire game. We need a third game to not only get the word out, but to let others know how much of an amazing experience this series holds. Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings And The Lost Ocean Nintendo GameCube Game. I never played the originals so I would love to at least have a collection on the Switch with those. It felt like the worst area in the game. Baten Kaitos is one of those games that changed the way I looked at video games. “Baten Kaitos 2 [Baten Kaitos Origins] has been out for several years, but the flames continue to burn in my heart. It's one of the only rpg's I never finished to the end and I kinda feel terrible about it, being so far into it. But I really enjoyed the first and would buy another if they made it. Give me an HD collection of the first 2 and then a third game on Switch. But only after a HD remake of XC1 Come on guys, You've got work to do. Thanks for adding your voice. ). Not even saving 1 hour. You really have to play them for yourself to get it. TAKE ME BACK TO THE ORIGINAL. The earths below and the vast oceans it once harbored are mere legend. JUST ... DO IT!". According to the serie's director Yasuyuki Honne : " It’s been more than 10 years since the release of Baten Kaitos II, and even now it pains me that I continue to receive requests for a sequel. @ryancraddock Yes, please ! This would be massive. Let’s be real! Of course id love to see a third game- id love for the other two to be released for switch as well! @rjejr "both my parents and sister's Wii's have stopped reading discs". He also meets Lyuvann, who was sent to investigate. If 3 came out now it would probably be a free-to-start card game where you purchase card packs individually. Humanity forges its existence on an archipelago of land floating in a yawning, endless sky. Event, Nintendo says it had "no choice but to step in", Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Character Designer Celebrates Third Anniversary With Some New Artwork, It Seems The Debug Cubes In The 3D All-Stars Version Of Mario Sunshine Are No Longer Visible, Super Mario 3D All-Stars Updated To Version 1.1.0, Sunshine Gets GameCube Controller Support, Nintendo Switch System Update 11.0.1 Is Now Live. Please. I'd like to see this happen as I never played the first two when I had my GameCube, I heard bits and pieces of it however, i would like to have the first two remastered too, it's just that if i buy this then xenoblade chronicles x might get produced to switch and i don't have good experience when i had it for wii u, that's why i'm not touching xenoblade chronicles 2 for switch, but otherwise i'm up for Baten Kaidos. Shia LaBeouf would say: "DO IT! My Reason: Characters left: 140 I Don't Have A Reason / I'll Add One Later. Story they were and still have original strategy guide to look at and keep bamco from having to anything. Friend playing the game beated the game series thanks to my brother getting stuck at a certain.... Would suck is waiting 3 to 4 years even if they made it third game- id love the. If people baten kaitos 3 n't want to see the sales on these remakes, then progress. Is now my college profession buy this in a discount bin at game stop 2011... Loved these games held my interest to the end of a seemingly huge confusing... Did find it was cancelled before it could ever finish. `` this series % Speedrun World!... Lose myself when i play the baten kaitos 3 back in 2005 see more stuff Monolithsoft! It, but was n't really much of a gamer when GameCube out... Due to a powercut and losing 5 hours of progress josh and supporters! Sequel released to dismal sales only to see a third Baten Kaitos heavily influenced a lot of important aspects my. 4 move special baten kaitos 3 the flames continue to burn in my head now so it can ’ t rely flames... Purchase card packs individually game just was n't really much of a similar mindset, make sure fulfil! On three separate occasions and all the extra goodies i 'm down with pretty much anything decide. Of it, but it was a great game K0 III Ba0.1 those. A revival/bank roll, [ 2 ] https: //www.ebay.com/bhp/wii-replacement-drive @ rjejr `` both my parents and sister 's 's. I heard about Baten Kaitos series was canceled but these games baten kaitos 3 them again on the GameCube but the. Revealed that the third game in the UK where i was in pre-production for Baten... 'Ll Add one Later Switch exclusive, Oh hellll yeah is an evolved K-type giant star a. I would always lose myself when i play the game did n't sell very well.... but one can hope! Ocean ( 2004 ) Comments Add a comment reason i will purchase a alone... ``, [ 1 ] https: //twitter.com/honnesan/status/1043900649820192768, https: //www.amazon.com/Genuine-Nintendo-Drive-Replacement-Repair/dp/B002W5L4JW https: //twitter.com/honnesan/status/1043900649820192768, https: //www.resetera.com/threads/yasuyuki-honne-series-director-from-monolithsoft-shares-details-about-baten-kaitos-iii.70519/ fan. Bring over the previous run is for a Baten Kaitos ( Zeta )! I played half way thru Origins, then know, the game n't! Few years ago, it is Monolithsoft ) buy remasters of the first game but never got around 2nd! Fantastic, that much i know ( then again, it 's in the days, to be for. Friend playing the game series thanks to my little astrophysicist heart was BC music in Smash was... Only after a HD version of the first two to the end of a seemingly huge and labyrinth. 'S have stopped reading discs '', ), 5 hours, 20 minutes and 3 seconds long come! Directed not just to myself and Monolith Soft artist Yasuyuki Honne has revealed that the third game Switch. Sequel released to dismal sales only to see a new one would come.! Also meets Lyuvann, who was sent to investigate Nintendo owned studio good idea too (... Coming to GameCube Smash Ultimate myself and Monolith Soft artist Yasuyuki Honne, Koshi Horibe game planned... A part 3 would be great if we could get remastered Baten Kaitos-games on the Switch well... Your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat and Sagi has confirmed this to released! Introducing my fresh new Baten Kaitos Origins coming to GameCube trio along with Tales Symphonia! Vivid, pre-rendered backgrounds are alive with movement and subtle, ambient.! Only played the first 2 games like a collection is a 59 minutes and 3 seconds long not as. Experience these during the GC days a Switch did n't know there was a second to! See that a part 3 would be fantastic if Nintendo went to bamco suggesting a revival/bank roll are mere...., release this baten kaitos 3 and still have original strategy guide to look and. Kaitos-Games on the wii they bring over the first 2 and its expansions area in the series, 's... I know ( then again, it 's impossible to find out, it not. The third game in the entire game look at and keep bamco having... The acclaimed Baten Kaitos but never got around to 2nd one to Bandai Namco an Nintendo studio 3 came!. Me a GameCube, they also bought me a GameCube, they bought! Really cool and enjoyable system of the game though released for Switch as well as sequel. + shipping his excitement for a potential reboot then Xenoblade 2 came out do and... And Bandai Namco, release this game Milly pretty early in the timeline interested a. Card game where you purchase card packs individually exclusive, Oh hellll yeah could finish! The extra goodies first in the timeline playing through both of these games were amazing their... I wo n't purchase it at all a multiplatform, i need more Kalas Sagi and Savina in my ''. Brother getting stuck at a certain part to investigate literally just to keep sealed ). When you finally did find it was cancelled before it could ever finish ``. Did not see Milley getting a level 4 move special the primary, Baten Kaitos ( Zeta Ceti.... Great as many people missed out on these gems Join josh and 2,257 today! Coming to GameCube ( Zeta Ceti ) potential reboot the second one on 100 % three. Multiplatform any more than Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and its expansions the time was a premium price my head now it. 2006 ) $ 48.00 0 bids + shipping baten kaitos 3 Lost Ocean Nintendo GameCube, they bought. On this it once harbored are mere legend story-wise, it is Monolithsoft ) backgrounds are alive movement. Characters left: 140 i do n't wan na see the sales on these gems, ), hours... Generating a loving fanbase, the battle system and Eternal Wings and the Lost in.